The JetNation RV : Coming Soon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

BMW's are for old wannabee's. Mercedes is the real deal. get one. 

Mercedes = luxury over performance.

BMW = performance over luxury.

I choose the latter, makes for a much more interesting and spirited drive to work.  Not to mention, BMW is light-years more innovative when it comes to technology and suspension configuration, it's a big deal.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mercedes = luxury over performance.

BMW = performance over luxury.

I choose the latter, makes for a much more interesting and spirited drive to work.  Not to mention, BMW is light-years more innovative when it comes to technology and suspension configuration, it's a big deal.

SAR I

Picking up my 2017 GLS on Friday at 3PM from Benzel Busch in Englewood Cliffs. Come over and I will give you a ride. See for yourself. You won't go back to BMW. 

9 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Picking up my 2017 GLS on Friday at 3PM from Benzel Busch in Englewood Cliffs. Come over and I will give you a ride. See for yourself. You won't go back to BMW. 

Struggling a little bit with an ML right now.  It's fine, but we have an 8-month-old, and when you put in an infant car-seat, the front passenger seat becomes unusable because of how far the seat needs to be put forward to accommodate the car seat.  When we travel, my wife sits in the back seat, behind me, with the baby.  Not that we have any immediate plans, but my fear is that a second child makes the car obsolete.  My limited experience is that at least this luxury SUV is more luxury than SUV.

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Of course I'm busting your balls.

Seriously though, took a trip in May to northern New Mexico with some good friends who had a 36-footer.

He let me drive on the open highway and I was scared $hitless. That's just a huge vehicle.

Take your time learning to drive and enjoy!

Thanks. Waiting for the plates to come in. I drove it home with the plates registered from the original owner, he was nice to let us do that.

Doing a private sale is tougher, everything takes longer. But financially it is worth it. But you can see why people just go into a dealership and drive right away. :)

11 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Never.  If I wanted a ride in a plush cruiser I'd just hire a limo.

SAR I

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Struggling a little bit with an ML right now.  It's fine, but we have an 8-month-old, and when you put in an infant car-seat, the front passenger seat becomes unusable because of how far the seat needs to be put forward to accommodate the car seat.  When we travel, my wife sits in the back seat, behind me, with the baby.  Not that we have any immediate plans, but my fear is that a second child makes the car obsolete.  My limited experience is that at least this luxury SUV is more luxury than SUV.

The BMW X5 has a hidden third row seat option that is handy, allows for occasional 7 passenger seating.  We have no problem with car seats in the second row in any orientation as the second row seats slide fore and aft for a bit more room.

SAR I

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Of course I'm busting your balls.

Seriously though, took a trip in May to northern New Mexico with some good friends who had a 36-footer.

He let me drive on the open highway and I was scared $hitless. That's just a huge vehicle.

Take your time learning to drive and enjoy!

I underlined the anomaly in the above post. Tx can you send me the link where you rent friends for trips. I've got some vacation time accrued.

Max that is an awesome rig. Hope you guys have many memorable trips in it.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The BMW X5 has a hidden third row seat option that is handy, allows for occasional 7 passenger seating.  We have no problem with car seats in the second row in any orientation as the second row seats slide fore and aft for a bit more room.

SAR I

Yeah, unfortunately the second row doesn't move back at all.  3 row isn't necessary at this point, as I'm sure you know with young ones, too much stuff to move around to utilize that.  Right now my wife has the ML and I have the MC (MetroCard), but I'll definitely look into the X5 when the time comes.  Though, my real hope is to go w/ a Tesla, but may be a little out of reach still.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

LOL,

They replied: sorry Mr Willy, even we have standards. They provided a link & I'm gonna meet this lucifer guy at the inferno bar. Says he's wearing a red onesy. I'm hoping it's a typo.

friendrentalsforlosers@pathetic.com

Little pricey, but not too bad.

22 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Vinny is the man!! It is amazing how much stuff he knows how to fix.

Nice rig Phil!! Looking forward to a tailgate.

Thanks Duane. Should be a good time. And Yes, there is nothing that Vinny doesn't know. He knows like very person you bump into on the street too lol.

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes. $1000 per seat. 

Would that be for the entire season?  And would that be private?  Meaning I'd have my own key and would only share with other validated VIP RV members who are free from alcohol, cooking grease, hacking cough, second-hand smoke, rectal gas, etc?

SAR I

22 minutes ago, gEYno said:

@Maxman Any chance this thing comes to Pittsburgh?  Hotels are outrageous, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to take it out.

I am trying to make Pittsburgh happen. I probably won't know until that week. Have to see how everything is here at home but yes I agree that is 100% the perfect road trip destination.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Would that be for the entire season?  And would that be private?  Meaning I'd have my own key and would only share with other validated VIP RV members who are free from alcohol, cooking grease, hacking cough, second-hand smoke, rectal gas, etc?

SAR I

That is per sitting. One seat \ one visit. No key. Your name will be on a list for the day and time you were approved for. You just walk up to the JetNation security guard and hand him your photo id. Each sitting can be up to 15 minutes but we ask that you try to limit the visit to 7 or 8 minutes so the clean up crew can do their job before the next sitting.

Thanks. Please fill out the online form if interested.

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yeah, unfortunately the second row doesn't move back at all.  3 row isn't necessary at this point, as I'm sure you know with young ones, too much stuff to move around to utilize that.  Right now my wife has the ML and I have the MC (MetroCard), but I'll definitely look into the X5 when the time comes.  Though, my real hope is to go w/ a Tesla, but may be a little out of reach still.

It's a few years down the road but BMW is introducing an X7 which would be a full-sized minivan replacement disguised as an SUV, will be the cool-kids car in the school parking lot.

Truth is, love the X5, but the Honda Odyssey is still the best family car we've ever owned.  Took me awhile to get over the stigma, but the thing was a beast, carried everything, all 7 passengers sat in full comfort with gobs of space, electric doors made ingress/egress painless, never cared if it got a ding or a scratch.  Sounds like blasphemy, but something you should consider.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How did my RV thread become another BMW thread? Don't we have somewhere else for all of that. :)

Apologies, thought this was just another generic 'fun' thread about transportation.

Delete my posts, didn't realize this was a hijack.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Apologies, thought this was just another generic 'fun' thread about transportation.

Delete my posts, didn't realize this was a hijack.

SAR I

It is fine. I don't think you started the BMW talk actually lol.

Right after I posted my last comment I thought to myself. What happened to you...you used to just be happy with the post counts being high. :)

And technically I don't think it is possible to hijack a thread in the football forum that is already off topic.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How did my RV thread become another BMW thread? Don't we have somewhere else for all of that. :)

Max you should break in the RV with a fall foliage trip in early October. White mountains is awesome. Maybe run over some patriot fans on the way back.

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is per sitting. One seat \ one visit. No key. Your name will be on a list for the day and time you were approved for. You just walk up to the JetNation security guard and hand him your photo id. Each sitting can be up to 15 minutes but we ask that you try to limit the visit to 7 or 8 minutes so the clean up crew can do their job before the next sitting.

Thanks. Please fill out the online form if interested.

I would like to apply for this security guard position. I will audition free of charge to you on Sunday October 9th. I have already booked a room so accommodations in the motor home will not be necessary however a few cheeseburgers would be nice. 

Ps I will NOT clean up the executive rest room.

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

We had to upgrade to GLS since a 5 passenger car wasn't good for us anymore. My friend works at Mercedes and he has yearly 2 car allowence for Employee Discount. He used one for me this year and I am picking it up Friday. You can't go wrong with GLS. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I am trying to make Pittsburgh happen. I probably won't know until that week. Have to see how everything is here at home but yes I agree that is 100% the perfect road trip destination.

Hope you make it.  Let me know if you do, I don't have the $1,000, but maybe we could work something out... Say, $55 a month?

Archived