The "Rate my team" thread

Integrity28

If you want feedback on your draft, post the following:

- # of teams

- draft position

- scoring format (PPR, yardage, no negative points, etc.)

- lineup considerations (keepers, 2 QB, 3WR, etc.)

I'll go first:

- 12 teams

- 4th pick

- .5 PPR, conservative yardage points, basically TD-heavy, defense and kicker can dictate win/loss, average score 100 pts per week

- must start 3 WR, can only roster 4 RB

Odell

Jordy

Amari

Forte

Moncrief

Gio Bernard

Derrick Henry

Eli Manning

Spencer Ware

Eifert (roster has IR)

Dwayne Allen

Panthers

Jets

Catanzarro

Roster:

QB: Eli

RB: Forte

RB: Ware/Gio

WR: Odell

WR: Jordy

WR: Amari

TE: Dwayne Allen

K: Catanzarro

DST: Panthers/Jets

Keys: yardage doesn't add up much in scoring, gotta have a beastly DEF performance to offset if you don't get many offensive TD, .5 PPR is pretty generous vs. yardage so receiving RBs were all great bargains, as well as TD vultures (feeling I have about Henry)

That looks almost identical to the type of team I'd be trying to build at that pick slot.  Not sure if that bodes well for you, lol.

Pros:

* Can't go wrong with Jordy in round 2.  You just can't.  In fact, all of your first 5 picks were basically no brainers.

* Love, love, love the Dwayne Allen pick, especially in a PPR format.  The last 3 years, the now departed Fleener averaged 87 targets per season (TY Hilton, for comparison purposes, averaged about 77 targets in that span).  Allen averaged 22.5.  Combine those targets into one guy and it's not crazy to think Allen gets 100 targets this season unless of course backups like Jack Doyle or Erick Swoope emerge.  With Moncrief (targeted 105 times last year), you basically have Luck's top 2 weapons from a targets basis.  That's huge in a PPR.

* Also really like the Derrick Henry pick.  He'll have RB2/flex value even when DeMarco is healthy, and in the seemingly likely event Murray DOES get hurt, he has RB1 upside.  He looked very, very good in preseason.

Cons:

* I only have one:  Not sure I like the Eifert pick.  He's not really a PPR beast, and though I know you mentioned that TD's mean a lot more than yardage, Eifert is too TD-dependent, in that I doubt he really even comes close to repeating his 13-TD season from last year.  My guess is he ends up with 6.  The IR spot is nice but I would have preferred to use that pick on another RB or WR and just gone with Allen as your lone TE.  I think Allen will play well enough to make Eifert an after-thought even when he returns from injury.

Who are you picking up after placing Eifert on IR?

I think it looks pretty solid. RBs are definitely serviceable enough to get by with your WRs. I'm not real big on Jordy. Just a personal preference, but as someone that avoided him, even I concede that he has top five WR1 upside. That's ok, though, because I LOVE Moncrief. I think he gets 10 TDs, and if TDs are that important in this league, I'd seriously consider starting him over Cooper when Oakland isn't playing the Saints.

Allen was one of my favorite late TE targets. I think he has double digit TD upside as well, but may be underwhelming in catches and yards and not a stable weekly investment.

Why the rostering of two defenses? I'm not sure our DST will really be useable the first six weeks and Carolina has some pretty damn sweet match ups to start the year. DEN, SF, MIN, ATL, TB, NO. Not sure I'd look to stream until the New Orleans game in week 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 team

4th pick

Very high scoring. 1 point per completion and 1 point PPR. Passing TDs - 8 points. Other TDs - 10 points. Yards bonuses up to 300 yds passing and 150 rushing/receiving totaling up to 10 points. 200 points in a week should give you a fair chance to win, but I broke the all-time record last year with 386...in the consolation playoffs.

QB Wilson (9)

WR Julio (1)

WR Jeffery (2)

WR Watkins (3)

RB Ware (11)

RB Gio (7)

TE Virgil Green (14)

W/T Floyd (4)

W/R Marvin Jones (5)

DST Carolina (15)

K Hauschka (19)

BN Duke Johnson (6)

BN Jameis (13)

BN Parker (8)

BN Yeldon (10)

BN J. Graham (12)

BN Buck Allen (16)

BN Kenneth Dixon (17)

BN ASJ (18)

BN Charles Johnson (20)

BN Enunwa (22)

BN Kerley (UDFA - dropped MIA WR Jakeem Grant (21)

14 teams, PPR, bonus points for big play TDs, 5th pick

Matt Ryan

Todd Gurley

Mark Ingram

Amari Cooper

Michael Floyd

Jared Cook

Steve Smith

Broncos

Matt Bryant

Bench:

Allen Hurns 

Tevin Coleman

Jets

Kyle Rudolph

Dak Prescott

Ted Ginn 

Shane Vereen

You got some balls going RB-RB in a 14 team PPR. I think Gurley will be fine. Making sporadic receptions never kept Peterson from the PPR leaderboards. Your 1-2 at WR is solid considering you went RB-RB, but it's pretty rough after that. Would definitely insert Hurns for Smith. I wouldn't start Smith until he gives some indication that he's still Steve Smith and not just a 37 year old coming off a devastating injury.

TE is a weak spot for sure, but I'm still not sure I'd roster Rudolph. 14 teamers are tough, though. TE will dry up really quickly in the mid to late rounds. Hope Cook does well for you, but I'm just not gonna go try and kick that football again so he can pull it away.

Just now, The Troll said:

You got some balls going RB-RB in a 14 team PPR. I think Gurley will be fine. Making sporadic receptions never kept Peterson from the PPR leaderboards. Your 1-2 at WR is solid considering you went RB-RB, but it's pretty rough after that. Would definitely insert Hurns for Smith. I wouldn't start Smith until he gives some indication that he's still Steve Smith and not just a 37 year old coming off a devastating injury.

TE is a weak spot for sure, but I'm still not sure I'd roster Rudolph. 14 teamers are tough, though. TE will dry up really quickly in the mid to late rounds. Hope Cook does well for you, but I'm just not gonna go try and kick that football again so he can pull it away.

I actually took Cooper second. I nabbed Matt Ryan in the sixth after a mini-run on QBs. The first four picks of the draft were all receivers. I figured RB is so weak overall this year that I would do better with having the top-rated RB than having the 5th rated WR when I could get a guy who could potentially be just as productive in the second. 

I actually took Cooper second. I nabbed Matt Ryan in the sixth after a mini-run on QBs. The first four picks of the draft were all receivers. I figured RB is so weak overall this year that I would do better with having the top-rated RB than having the 5th rated WR when I could get a guy who could potentially be just as productive in the second. 

Are you high on Ryan this year? Sixth round seems very early and I'm not sure he's a QB1 even in a 14 teamer. I like Dak to go with him, though. You'll be fine there if you play match ups with them.

Are you high on Ryan this year? Sixth round seems very early and I'm not sure he's a QB1 even in a 14 teamer. I like Dak to go with him, though. You'll be fine there if you play match ups with them.

I didn't want to take a QB that early but 8 QBs flew off the board in the 5th and early 6th round. It may have been a but of a panic move but I didn't want to get caught having to start someone like Case Keenum. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That looks almost identical to the type of team I'd be trying to build at that pick slot.  Not sure if that bodes well for you, lol.

Pros:

* Can't go wrong with Jordy in round 2.  You just can't.  In fact, all of your first 5 picks were basically no brainers.

* Love, love, love the Dwayne Allen pick, especially in a PPR format.  The last 3 years, the now departed Fleener averaged 87 targets per season (TY Hilton, for comparison purposes, averaged about 77 targets in that span).  Allen averaged 22.5.  Combine those targets into one guy and it's not crazy to think Allen gets 100 targets this season unless of course backups like Jack Doyle or Erick Swoope emerge.  With Moncrief (targeted 105 times last year), you basically have Luck's top 2 weapons from a targets basis.  That's huge in a PPR.

* Also really like the Derrick Henry pick.  He'll have RB2/flex value even when DeMarco is healthy, and in the seemingly likely event Murray DOES get hurt, he has RB1 upside.  He looked very, very good in preseason.

Cons:

* I only have one:  Not sure I like the Eifert pick.  He's not really a PPR beast, and though I know you mentioned that TD's mean a lot more than yardage, Eifert is too TD-dependent, in that I doubt he really even comes close to repeating his 13-TD season from last year.  My guess is he ends up with 6.  The IR spot is nice but I would have preferred to use that pick on another RB or WR and just gone with Allen as your lone TE.  I think Allen will play well enough to make Eifert an after-thought even when he returns from injury.

Who are you picking up after placing Eifert on IR?

I wanted to use the IR spot for Dion Lewis, but it would have meant starting the season with only 3 rostered RBs. I cannot draft a player directly into IR. In the case of Eifert, he moves to IR, and now I have an empty bench spot. I deal for me to add another QB or WR. Probably Tyler Boyd. IF I could add another RB, it would be Kenneth Dixon.

The two defenses and two TEs also set me up with trade chips, as this is a FAAB league.

52 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Matt Ryan

Todd Gurley

Mark Ingram

Amari Cooper

Michael Floyd

Jared Cook

Steve Smith

Broncos

Matt Bryant

Bench:

Allen Hurns 

Tevin Coleman

Jets

Kyle Rudolph

Dak Prescott

Ted Ginn 

Shane Vereen

Pros:

* Gurley and Ingram will give you a big advantage every week at RB.  Like that duo a lot, especially for where you got them.

* Hurns is also an excellent pick for a middle-round WR.  You should be able to ride him and Cooper all season long.  Isn't it crazy that a Raider and Jaguar WR are both really good picks?

* I like your bench.  Coleman in a PPR will pay off big-time eventually, and he's also a big play guy, so he perfectly fits the mold for the bonus your commish set up.  Also like Dak, Vereen and even Ginn.

Cons: 

* Not a fan of Michael Floyd.  He's supremely talent but I'm just not sure he ever puts it together.  Definitely start Hurns over him, as Troll suggested.

* Your TE's are indeed rough, as Troll also noted.  Are guys like Virgil Green, Vance McDonald, Clive Walford, Jesse James, Jordan Cameron, Richard Rodgers, Cameron Brate and Jacob Tamme all gone?  I like all of those guys more than Rudolph. 

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

I think it looks pretty solid. RBs are definitely serviceable enough to get by with your WRs. I'm not real big on Jordy. Just a personal preference, but as someone that avoided him, even I concede that he has top five WR1 upside. That's ok, though, because I LOVE Moncrief. I think he gets 10 TDs, and if TDs are that important in this league, I'd seriously consider starting him over Cooper when Oakland isn't playing the Saints.

Allen was one of my favorite late TE targets. I think he has double digit TD upside as well, but may be underwhelming in catches and yards and not a stable weekly investment.

Why the rostering of two defenses? I'm not sure our DST will really be useable the first six weeks and Carolina has some pretty damn sweet match ups to start the year. DEN, SF, MIN, ATL, TB, NO. Not sure I'd look to stream until the New Orleans game in week 6.

Good thoughts, just like @Jetsfan80, the only fear I have with Dwayne Allen is the Colts keeping him inline to block because of their sh*tty OL. In theory, he should be a targets beast, especially in red zone.

Two defenses is a trial-and-error thing I'm trying. I usually stream. This year, we are doing FAAB for the first time. So, streaming comes at a cost. I won a LOT of games last year because my roster would net 80 total points, and my streamed defense would drop 20. That's 1/5th of the total score. That being the case, two defenses that are high-end, gives me a shot at regularly netting about 15-20 points from that position. The scoring system and roster limitations (only 4 RB, only 5 WR allowed) makes them more valuable than holding Brock Osweiler to back up Eli.

59 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Matt Ryan

Todd Gurley

Mark Ingram

Amari Cooper

Michael Floyd

Jared Cook

Steve Smith

Broncos

Matt Bryant

Bench:

Allen Hurns 

Tevin Coleman

Jets

Kyle Rudolph

Dak Prescott

Ted Ginn 

Shane Vereen

PPR and you took two RBs in first 3 rounds that don't catch many passes?

Generally, not bad. I don't like Matt Ryan this year, or Michael Floyd. Love Hurns, Cooper and Cook.

With some crafty waiver wire work, there's potential here.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pros:

* Gurley and Ingram will give you a big advantage every week at RB.  Like that duo a lot, especially for where you got them.

* Hurns is also an excellent pick for a middle-round WR.  You should be able to ride him and Cooper all season long.  Isn't it crazy that a Raider and Jaguar WR are both really good picks?

* I like your bench.  Coleman in a PPR will pay off big-time eventually, and he's also a big play guy, so he perfectly fits the mold for the bonus your commish set up.  Also like Dak, Vereen and even Ginn.

Cons: 

* Not a fan of Michael Floyd.  He's supremely talent but I'm just not sure he ever puts it together.  Definitely start Hurns over him, as Troll suggested.

* Your TE's are indeed rough, as Troll also noted.  Are guys like Virgil Green, Vance McDonald, Clive Walford, Jesse James, Jordan Cameron, Richard Rodgers, Cameron Brate and Jacob Tamme all gone?  I like all of those guys more than Rudolph. 

Just dropped Rudolph and picked up Virgil Green.Thanks for the tip.

58 minutes ago, The Troll said:

12 team

4th pick

Very high scoring. 1 point per completion and 1 point PPR. Passing TDs - 8 points. Other TDs - 10 points. Yards bonuses up to 300 yds passing and 150 rushing/receiving totaling up to 10 points. 200 points in a week should give you a fair chance to win, but I broke the all-time record last year with 386...in the consolation playoffs.

QB Wilson (9)

WR Julio (1)

WR Jeffery (2)

WR Watkins (3)

RB Ware (11)

RB Gio (7)

TE Virgil Green (14)

W/T Floyd (4)

W/R Marvin Jones (5)

DST Carolina (15)

K Hauschka (19)

BN Duke Johnson (6)

BN Jameis (13)

BN Parker (8)

BN Yeldon (10)

BN J. Graham (12)

BN Buck Allen (16)

BN Kenneth Dixon (17)

BN ASJ (18)

BN Charles Johnson (20)

BN Enunwa (22)

Pros:

* Russell Wilson in the 9th is a total steal, even in a PPR.  TD's proportionally seem to count for more in this setup than in standard setups (5:4 instead of 6:4 ratio), so having a guy you know should throw tons of TD's is real nice.

* Obviously love Julio, and especially at 4th overall.  Also love Marvin Jones, and he'll be very valuable if/when some of your other WR's get hurt (as mentioned in the "Cons" section).

* You killed it in the later rounds.  Virgil Green, Jameis Winston (another TD-heavy QB like Wilson), Graham, ASJ, Buck Allen, Dixon, Enunwa....all solid, solid picks.  You seemed to corner the market on those late-round TE's that will carry a lot more value later in the season.

Cons: 

* Alshon always carrying a "Q" tag seemingly every single week gets so frustrating.  I don't trust him OR Sammy Watkins, especially from a health perspective.  Though of course the talent on both of them is undeniable, and if they DO stay health, my word......can't hate too much there, just was searching for a con.  lol.

* I assume that was Michael Floyd in the 4th?  As I mentioned to Klecko, not a fan of him either for reasons already stated.

56 minutes ago, The Troll said:

12 team

4th pick

QB Wilson (9)

WR Julio (1)

WR Jeffery (2)

WR Watkins (3)

RB Ware (11)

RB Gio (7)

TE Virgil Green (14)

W/T Floyd (4)

W/R Marvin Jones (5)

DST Carolina (15)

K Hauschka (19)

BN Duke Johnson (6)

BN Jameis (13)

BN Parker (8)

BN Yeldon (10)

BN J. Graham (12)

BN Buck Allen (16)

BN Kenneth Dixon (17)

BN ASJ (18)

BN Charles Johnson (20)

BN Enunwa (22)

Big roster.... whoa!

I cannot believe you've got Kerley and Enunwa on your fantasy team. LOL

ASJ and Charles Johnson may be trash. Kenneth Dixon is a money pick, Jameis too. Love 4/5 of first 5 picks, not a fan of Michael Floyd. Arizona WRs will be inconsistent with different guys getting the points each week. Solid top to bottom though, mostly nits about players I just don't like. Watkins burned me, I avoided him, he was all or nothing.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

PPR and you took two RBs in first 3 rounds that don't catch many passes?

Generally, not bad. I don't like Matt Ryan this year, or Michael Floyd. Love Hurns, Cooper and Cook.

With some crafty waiver wire work, there's potential here.

Mark Ingram caught 50 passes last year. Its the main reason I drafted him in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Just dropped Rudolph and picked up Virgil Green.Thanks for the tip.

Nice.  Yeah, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Rudolph kind of "is what he is" at this point.  Virgil COULD be something.  With his measurables, Kubiak's reliance on TE's, and a young QB (young QB's tend to lock in on their TE's a lot), he's got really nice upside.

Glad to see you're willing to take advice from me in spite of last year when I recommended you roll with Matt Jones over Devonta Freeman.  LOL.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Mark Ingram caught 50 passes last year. 

Yea, because the pass-catching RB was hurt. My expectation is for that number to go down. Maybe it doesn't though. I've selected him myself. In general, he's a quiet top-10 RB pick. I'd have taken a WR over him though, in PPR.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice.  Yeah, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Rudolph kind of "is what he is" at this point.  Virgil COULD be something.  With his measurables, Kubiak's reliance on TE's, and a young QB (young QB's tend to lock in on their TE's a lot), he's got really nice upside.

Glad to see you're willing to take advice from me in spite of last year when I recommended you roll with Matt Jones over Devonta Freeman.  LOL.

Yeah, that was bad. Freeman was a beast for me last year. I rode him and Gurley and Beckham into the playoffs. 

I really like Cook playing with Aaron Rodgers. He seems to be getting the bulk of the TE targets so far in preseason. He is also a big play threat. 

Pros:

* Russell Wilson in the 9th is a total steal, even in a PPR.  TD's proportionally seem to count for more in this setup than in standard setups (5:4 instead of 6:4 ratio), so having a guy you know should throw tons of TD's is real nice.

* Obviously love Julio, and especially at 4th overall.  Also love Marvin Jones, and he'll be very valuable if/when some of your other WR's get hurt (as mentioned in the "Cons" section).

* You killed it in the later rounds.  Virgil Green, Jameis Winston (another TD-heavy QB like Wilson), Graham, ASJ, Buck Allen, Dixon, Enunwa....all solid, solid picks.  You seemed to corner the market on those late-round TE's that will carry a lot more value later in the season.

Cons: 

* Alshon always carrying a "Q" tag seemingly every single week gets so frustrating.  I don't trust him OR Sammy Watkins, especially from a health perspective.  Though of course the talent on both of them is undeniable, and if they DO stay health, my word......can't hate too much there, just was searching for a con.  lol.

* I assume that was Michael Floyd in the 4th?  As I mentioned to Klecko, not a fan of him either for reasons already stated.

I'm glad you're confident in my TEs, I certainly am not, lol. I wanted Allen or Gates, but the way the draft fell, it just wasn't happening.

I think the perception of Alshon is unnecessarily skewed by last year. Before that, he'd played two straight full seasons. Before I was forced to draft him in a different (16 team) league, I tended to agree with the injury prone label and avoid him. Then I really dug into him and he became my preferred WR2 target with an early pick. None of the WRs going in his range possess the same upside because Jeffery's target upside is RIDICULOUS. He could easily place top five in targets, which means means he could place top five in WRs.

As for Floyd, I actually liked Brown more for most of the summer, but the recurring headaches were a red flag to me. Floyd has a lot of arrows pointing up. He was their lead receiver in the stretch run, is in a contract year. Arians said he would have got 1,500 yards last year if he'd stayed healthy. Coach speak certainly has burned me in the past (CJ Spiller is gonna get the ball until he pukes!), but I'll take the chance as my WR4. I think if something happened to Fitzgerald, Floyd would be the one to benefit more than Brown.

Big roster.... whoa!

I cannot believe you've got Kerley and Enunwa on your fantasy team. LOL

ASJ and Charles Johnson may be trash. Kenneth Dixon is a money pick, Jameis too. Love 4/5 of first 5 picks, not a fan of Michael Floyd. Arizona WRs will be inconsistent with different guys getting the points each week. Solid top to bottom though, mostly nits about players I just don't like. Watkins burned me, I avoided him, he was all or nothing.

If either ever start for me, things have gone horribly, horribly wrong. Hoping Kerley can show enough early season value that I can swing him for something I might actually use.

5 minutes ago, The Troll said:

So much for zero RB. All three teams that did it somehow got better performances from their sh*tty RBs than from their Jesus WRs. We all lost. Thanks for trying, Spencer Ware. You were no match for Will Fuller.

Meh, I'm not going to overreact based on 1 week.  Tackling is especially horrific at this point in the season because teams don't really get to work on that anymore in camp.  This benefits some sh*tty RB's early in the season. 

Meh, I'm not going to overreact based on 1 week.  Tackling is especially horrific at this point in the season because teams don't really get to work on that anymore in camp.  This benefits some sh*tty RB's early in the season. 

Just venting frustration, not over-reacting. I always lose in week one, without fail. I haven't been 1-0 in my home league since 2012.

Hell, in the other league I'm in with friends, it's a keeper. I kept Gurley, AJ Green, and David Johnson. Another guy kept Julio, ODB, and Dez. 2 teams, 6 first round picks, 0-2.

Just venting frustration, not over-reacting. I always lose in week one, without fail. I haven't been 1-0 in my home league since 2012.

Hell, in the other league I'm in with friends, it's a keeper. I kept Gurley, AJ Green, and David Johnson. Another guy kept Julio, ODB, and Dez. 2 teams, 6 first round picks, 0-2.

At least we'll get solid waiver spots, lol.

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

So much for zero RB. All three teams that did it somehow got better performances from their sh*tty RBs than from their Jesus WRs. We all lost. Thanks for trying, Spencer Ware. You were no match for Will Fuller.

Yeah, pretty much a crap shoot. 

I could have drafted Gurley, then Amari, Brandon Cooks and been better off than with Julio, Ingram and Evans.

Archived