Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
22 minutes ago, peebag said:

oh no....

A Fireman Ed thread is to SAR what a flame is to a moth......

Ha..I know. It's been awhile since I've been to a game and I want to experience the a frenzied crowd and I want Ed to be doing the chant.

Time has healed the wounds for me. I understand why it hasn't for some, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ed is the best but he retired.  Y would you expect him to be there on Sunday?

Idk..9/11 fireman.? They're keeping it hush-hush ready to surprise? 

Its a bummer the chant has died. Maybe something will happen to resurrect it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It will come back. It was there before Ed and it will live on Past him. I miss the shirtless fat guys with the bull horns in each end zone that led the chant in the 80's like many here miss Ed.  It will morph in to something great again.... naturally and organically. Not pressured by the marketing dept at 1 Jets dr.

The guys in the end zone may have started it Ed continued it and now its basically dead ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

 

Oh and back to the chant, it is definitely not dead.

It's not dead, but no one feels obligated to do it any more now that Ed isn't up on the big screen with his "you're disappointing me" face.

I am proud that my kneel-down two seasons ago has led directly to this. 

Like the Wave, the Maccarena, and the Dab, the Chant is way past prime and dying a nice slow death.  It makes me happy to see how pathetic and weak it has become.  It would have been less satisfying had it just stopped.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not dead, but no one feels obligated to do it any more now that Ed isn't up on the big screen with his "you're disappointing me" face.

I am proud that my kneel-down two seasons ago has led directly to this. 

Like the Wave, the Maccarena, and the Dab, the Chant is way past prime and dying a nice slow death.  It makes me happy to see how pathetic and weak it has become.  It would have been less satisfying had it just stopped.

SAR I

Maybe it is louder the few games a year you sell your tickets to opposing fans. Seems to be pretty good from my perspective. But I go to every game so I could be wrong lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Maybe it is louder the few games a year you sell your tickets to opposing fans. Seems to be pretty good from my perspective. But I go to every game so I could be wrong lol.

I went to 8 of 10 home games last year, the Giants game too, so that's 9 for 11.  Couldn't make the first preseason game and I was in China for the Foxboro debacle.

The Chant is over.  Combination of fewer old time Giants Stadium fans who quit on us in 2011, the popularity of fantasy football, endless Snapchat streaks, and the Jets obnoxious PA guy have taken it out.  It was overdue.  It never actually worked.  Never led to anything on the field.  Just a bunch of drunks taking a simpleton's spelling bee.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I went to 8 of 10 home games last year, the Giants game too, so that's 9 for 11.  Couldn't make the first preseason game and I was in China for the Foxboro debacle.

The Chant is over.  Combination of fewer old time Giants Stadium fans who quit on us in 2011, the popularity of fantasy football, endless Snapchat streaks, and the Jets obnoxious PA guy have taken it out.  It was overdue.  It never actually worked.  Never led to anything on the field.  Just a bunch of drunks taking a simpleton's spelling bee.

SAR I

You are wrong. You went to 7 of the 10 home games last year. I keep track of these things. I have a spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay so the chant hasn't died. JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it. Fireman Ed still goes to every single game. He cheers his ass off, I can see him from where I sit. He signs autographs for people, he takes pictures and he is great with everyone that approaches him. His patience amazes me, just a really humble dude.

Oh and back to the chant, it is definitely not dead.

Agreed Phil, wasn't sure why it was being said that it died... Started to think I was the only one who didn't think so lol The chant was alive and kicking last season thanks to Jetman and company. Much more alive than the 2 years prior to them. They're doing a really nice job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maxman said:

You are wrong. You went to 7 of the 10 home games last year. I keep track of these things. I have a spreadsheet.

Damn.  That recreational vehicle has given you super powers or something.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Agreed Phil, wasn't sure why it was being said that it died... Started to think I was the only one who didn't think so lol The chant was alive and kicking last season thanks to Jetman and company. Much more alive than the 2 years prior to them. They're doing a really nice job. 

Yes I agree. It hasn't reached anything close to what it was at its peak. But JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Damn.  That recreational vehicle has given you super powers or something.

SAR I

It is really just a super computer inside of there. I am changing my screen name to Jets_NSA.  They are giving me a remote Jets Reward scanner. Using facial recognition software I can tell how many points you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes I agree. It hasn't reached anything close to what it was at its peak. But JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it.

I think as they begin to gain more notoriety to casual fans and more respect from the die hards it could continue to gain steam and improve as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes I agree. It hasn't reached anything close to what it was at its peak. But JetMan and Scott are doing a really good job with it.

02n_superfan_ipad055551-200x200.jpg?qual

I actually know JetMan, we lived in the same town in New Hampshire of all things, he'd see me in my Jets hat at the kids soccer and football games and we'd talk about our crazy 10 hour round trip commutes to see Herman Edwards blow game after game.  This was before the costume and the beads of course.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is really just a super computer inside of there. I am changing my screen name to Jets_NSA.  They are giving me a remote Jets Reward scanner. Using facial recognition software I can tell how many points you have.

RV-RFID is the devil.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

02n_superfan_ipad055551-200x200.jpg?qual

I actually know JetMan, we lived in the same town in New Hampshire of all things, he'd see me in my Jets hat at the kids soccer and football games and we'd talk about our crazy 10 hour round trip commutes to see Herman Edwards blow game after game.  This was before the costume and the beads of course.

SAR I

I think he lives in NJ now. A little bit of an easier commute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Agreed Phil, wasn't sure why it was being said that it died... Started to think I was the only one who didn't think so lol The chant was alive and kicking last season thanks to Jetman and company. Much more alive than the 2 years prior to them. They're doing a really nice job. 

I went to one game last year. Brought my son to his first Jets home game. I went in thinking it was going to be weak, but was pleasantly surprised when I heard it for the first time. I watched my son's excitement as he participated in it for the first time and it was awesome. not quite the like it was when I had season tix in 311 for 6 straight years in the old stadium, but certainly not anywhere near dead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The guys in the end zone may have started it Ed continued it and now its basically dead ........

It's interesting just how many things you can have a negative outlook toward. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's interesting just how many things you can have a negative outlook toward. :D

Kind of bummed that Terry couldn't somehow take JW12 with him. Oh well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×