Gronk out of Sunday tilt with Cardinals

Jetster

I live in New England & woke up to this wonderful news. Nothing will make my Sunday grander than a Jets win & watching the Patriots get their f*cking doors blown off! I want to see the type of loss for that team that will make them question their manhood.

I want to see Edeleman upended like a whirlybird & land directly on the point of his head. I want Amendola to be hit so hard that he explodes like a beer bottle hitting the blacktop & a piece of him gets lodged in the corner of Belichicks eye.

I want to see Bruce Ariens still trying to score with 5 seconds on the clock up 45-7. I want them to lose so bad that the home crowd boos them in warm ups for their home game next week. The pig is definitely ripe.

Nate Solder also ruled OUT!

Holy sh*t! I actually wish Brady wasn't suspended, I doubt he would survive this game. No Ninkovic, no Gronk, no LT (Solder), two shrimpy fragile WRs coming off foot & knee injuries (Edelman & Amendola), a finesse TE that likes to alligator arm balls over the middle in Bennett. It's gonna be very interesting to see how many players actually FINISH this game for the Pats.

Their defense will be on the field for a lot of snaps which won't do guys like Chris Long any favors. I'm putting Longs season at between 4-7 games before he's hurt again. 

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a game they wold lose even with Brady.  Seems the schedule is working in their favor. 

Come back from the dark place. The most important thing is that Janeane loses all her confidence. We do not want the Pats to have an heiress to Brady.

Watch Brady's preseason. He's on his last legs and will have to come in cold in week 5. All the roids in the world cannot keep you young forever. This may very well be the year. Remember Farve had a great year in 2009.

Now people will say "You say that every year.", well the guy is 39 and it is going to happen this year or the next. That's just realistic.  

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Smart choice to keep Gronk out.  I think players are rushed back from hammy injuries too soon all the time.

IE: Revis in 2010.  Decker in 2014

BB will never concede anything but I'm pretty sure he knows he's short handed anyway & the division game at home vs Fins is way more important than a no conference game on the road. Hamstrings are really tricky.

I bet anyone a dollar that the Pats find a way (as they always do) to win this and probably all 4 games until $hithead returns in week 5. Remember the NFL is at least 75% scheme and 25% luck. The $hits are the luckiest franchise in all sports. Besides, they do not play us until December :) just more luck for them.

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bennett recently signed TE is the next best thing maybe we shall see Sunday

Bennett can't block to save his life so he won't be much help. Cards love to blitz. Can't wait, this should be really fun. Patriots are missing both tackles & going up against a young guy they traded instead of paying in Chandler Jones.

Chandler Jones...home opener...1st game vs his old team against backup tackles...oh my. Unless the refs feel sorry for Pats & allow blatant holding its gonna be a long night for Jimmy G. Blount is a plow horse, Bennett hates to block, Peterson on Little Julian, Tyrann blowing up Amendola & the new little white guy Hogan.

I feel Flounder in Animal House...."This is gonna be GREAT"

Just now, Jetster said:

Bennett can't block to save his life so he won't be much help. Cards love to blitz. Can't wait, this should be really fun. Patriots are missing both tackles & going up against a young guy they traded instead of paying in Chandler Jones.

Chandler Jones...home opener...1st game vs his old team against backup tackles...oh my. Unless the refs feel sorry for Pats & allow blatant holding its gonna be a long night for Jimmy G. Blount is a plow horse, Bennett hates to block, Peterson on Little Julian, Tyrann blowing up Amendola & the new little white guy Hogan.

I feel Flounder in Animal House...."This is gonna be GREAT"

Bennett will be the target on Sunday not saying he's great and not saying he's Gronk but a decent TE to have trying to fill a void. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bennett will be the target on Sunday not saying he's great and not saying he's Gronk but a decent TE to have trying to fill a void. 

Peterson & Tyrann are better than any CB- Safety tandem that Bennett has seen in a loooong time playing in that sh*tty NFC central. Hell, Vikings just started getting good. The secondaries in that division have not been good. Just think about the secondaries in the NFC central over the last 3 years! Hell, Geno actually looked good in Minny in 2014.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Well, he might be the target but that doesn't mean he'll catch much.  The NE offense with Garoppolo and that "starting" OL (nobody who started on that line in 2014 or even at the beginning of 2015 will play tomorrow) looked pretty inept against starting opposition Ds in preseason.  They were dyn-O-mite against scrubs, though.  Unfortunately for the Pats, the Cards will undoubtedly play their starters until the game is safely out of reach.

Oh, Gronk's out for this weekend's tilt?  Great.  I will be watching other tilts.  Jets tilt especially.  Can someone explain why we're repeating a weird made-up term for a football game?  Is it cooler than saying "game".  Because I see this horse sh*t on ESPN all the time and I've decided it's an in-joke to try to get people to say nonsensical things just to fit in with the cool crowd.  Tilt.  TILT.  Can't wait for this Tilt!  Gonna be a great tilt!   I'm going to leave now.  Because this stupid word infuriates me.  I asked my doorknob if she thought I was overreacting and she agreed it seemed like a BS, made up thing.  

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Oh, Gronk's out for this weekend's tilt?  Great.  I will be watching other tilts.  Jets tilt especially.  Can someone explain why we're repeating a weird made-up term for a football game?  Is it cooler than saying "game".  Because I see this horse sh*t on ESPN all the time and I've decided it's an in-joke to try to get people to say nonsensical things just to fit in with the cool crowd.  Tilt.  TILT.  Can't wait for this Tilt!  Gonna be a great tilt!   I'm going to leave now.  Because this stupid word infuriates me.  I asked my doorknob if she thought I was overreacting and she agreed it seemed like a BS, made up thing.  

Get a grip, dude.  Better yet, get a thesaurus.

10 minutes ago, HDKostempski said:

Get a grip, dude.  Better yet, get a thesaurus.

The closest tilt comes to football game is that it is a synonym in Olde English for a jousting contest.  I majored in Literature and creative writing, published a novel and am well-versed in the English language.  The use of a complicated term when a simple one will do is ostentatious and cumbersome to the reader.  You learn this usually sophomore year after using a thesaurus all freshman year and getting criticized by your professors for the word-vomit young writers usually produce while thinking they sound uber-smart.

10 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Smart choice to keep Gronk out.  I think players are rushed back from hammy injuries too soon all the time.

IE: Revis in 2010.  Decker in 2014

Ever since Gronl was rushed back from injury a few years ago, there's been an awkward tension between him, and his camp, and the Pats.

i guarantee its his choice he is sitting, not Bill's.

8 hours ago, predator_05 said:

the pats defense will keep the score respectable, but a loss is practically guaranteed. 

There are no guarantees... Can't even count all the games Oats should have lost, but teams hand wins back to them.

Palmer chokes. My fingers are crossed.

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There are no guarantees... Can't even count all the games Oats should have lost, but teams hand wins back to them.

Palmer chokes. My fingers are crossed.

You know, from the little i saw of Palmer in pre-season, this wouldn't shock me - he was awful. I'm not counting on Palmer though, i love their run game...David Johnson will flatten them.

Additionally, Cardinals defense vs a beat-up Pats offense looks too big a mismatch.

Archived