Injury Updates

CrazyCarl40

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jenkins and Richardson both coming back would be a boost to an already solid defense. Even though they lost week 1, they came through uninjured for the most part, so that's good.

I think we have enough to battle the Bills, I'm sure Bowles rests Jenkins & gives him 12 days to get ready to play KC. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://fisapp.nfl.net/injuryreports/Images/KANSAS%20CITY%20CHIEFS%20Logo.gif

Practice Report

Did Not Participate In Practice

Wednesday

LB Sam Barrington (hamstring), S Eric Berry (knee), G Parker Ehinger (concussion, foot), LB Tamba Hali (knee), T Jah Reid (knee, ankle)

Limited Participation in Practice

Wednesday

RB Jamaal Charles (knee), G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle)

https://fisapp.nfl.net/injuryreports/Images/NEW%20YORK%20JETS%20Logo.gif

Practice Report

Did Not Participate In Practice

Wednesday

G James Carpenter (calf), WR Eric Decker (shoulder), LB Erin Henderson (foot), WR Brandon Marshall (foot, knee), QB Bryce Petty (right shoulder)

Limited Participation in Practice

Wednesday

RB Matt Forte (knee), LB David Harris (shoulder)

Full Participation in Practice

Wednesday

LB Bruce Carter (shoulder), WR Quincy Enunwa (ribs), LB Jordan Jenkins (calf), CB Darryl Roberts (foot), DE Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle), G Brian Winters (hand)

Brandon Marshall (knee, foot) is not practicing Thursday.

He did not have a helmet at the start of practice, indicating he will sit out another session. Marshall has said he will "need all the way up until pregame warmup" to see if he is ready, but he is trending in the wrong direction. He needs to get in at least some practice Friday to have a reasonable shot to play against the Chiefs.

Source: Jets on Twitter

As much as it would suck to not have Marshall in a huge conference matchup I would hate to see this knee thing linger all year.  If an extra week can make that much of a difference in his recovery we should have enough other weapons to compensate.  If it's just a matter of playing through pain that's a different story.  He's a vet who doesn't need much practice so I could see the Jets trying to give him as much time as possible in anticipation for playing on Sunday.

so this injury report is pretty scary

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status
Carpenter, James G Calf DNP DNP - -
Carter, Bruce LB Shoulder FP FP - -
Decker, Eric WR Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Enunwa, Quincy WR Ribs FP FP - -
Forté, Matt RB Knee LP FP - -
Harris, David LB Shoulder LP LP - -
Henderson, Erin LB Foot DNP DNP - -
Jenkins, Jordan LB Calf FP FP - -
Marshall, Brandon WR Knee / Foot DNP DNP - -
Petty, Bryce QB Rt. Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Roberts, Darryl CB Foot FP FP - -
Wilkerson, Muhammad DE Ankle FP FP - -
Winters, Brian G Hand FP FP - -

Decker, Carpenter and Marshall will all play. I'm not at all surprised Bowles is keeping them out of practice. They don't need practice. Better to let them heal/rest as long as possible. But none of their injuries are serious enough to keep them out of this crucial game. Henderson I am not so sure. I'm just not sure what KIND of foot injury it is. I think he will play as well. 

No worries fellow Jet fans, all our starters will play. Hopefully they will be close to 100% healthy. 

FYI: Here is Chiefs Injury Report, but only updated through Wed. from their team website.

Barrington, Sam LB Hamstring DNP - - -
Berry, Eric DB Knee DNP - - -
Charles, Jamaal RB Knee LP - - -
Duvernay-Tardif, Laurent OL Ankle LP - - -
Ehinger, Parker OL Concussion / Foot DNP - - -
Hali, Tamba LB Knee DNP - - -
Reid, Jah OL Knee / Ankle DNP -

57 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Decker, Carpenter and Marshall will all play. I'm not at all surprised Bowles is keeping them out of practice. They don't need practice. Better to let them heal/rest as long as possible. But none of their injuries are serious enough to keep them out of this crucial game. Henderson I am not so sure. I'm just not sure what KIND of foot injury it is. I think he will play as well. 

No worries fellow Jet fans, all our starters will play. Hopefully they will be close to 100% healthy. 

FYI: Here is Chiefs Injury Report, but only updated through Wed. from their team website.

Barrington, Sam LB Hamstring DNP - - -
Berry, Eric DB Knee DNP - - -
Charles, Jamaal RB Knee LP - - -
Duvernay-Tardif, Laurent OL Ankle LP - - -
Ehinger, Parker OL Concussion / Foot DNP - - -
Hali, Tamba LB Knee DNP - - -
Reid, Jah OL Knee / Ankle DNP -

Updated Per Rich Cimini

c944edc6-f1a9-4cbe-8535-06f29b790ae9.png

Looks like ALL the Jets starters will play.Good news.

Looks like KC is still hit with a bot of the injury bug. Charles is doubtful, so you know even if he plays, he will be limited. Chiefs will be missing 2 O-linemen and Barrington. 

55 minutes ago, PepPep said:

IMO it was blatant, intentional and dangerous enough that he should be suspended for a game. But you HAVE to think he gets at least a fine. Right??

Cimini is also reporting Gilmore was hit with a $9,115 fine for his facemask on Marshall. 

Jets' Brandon Marshall limited in practice with knee, foot injuries

• Colin Stephenson

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets receiver Brandon Marshallreturned to practice Friday on a limited basis, and his availability for Sunday's game in Kansas City will be a game-time decision, head coach Todd Bowles said.

Marshall sat out the entire week before Friday because of injuries to his left knee and foot. He said the final decision on whether he plays would be made by Bowles, "because if it's up to me, I'll be out there at 40, 50 percent."

Marshall, the Jets' No. 1 receiver, was injured in the team's 37-31 victory over Buffalo on Sept. 15. His knee twisted awkwardly as he was brought to the ground by his facemask by Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore after a second-quarter reception.

Marshall said he injured the foot on the same play. He left the game briefly but was able to return and finished with six catches for 101 yards. He said he was able to get through the game because of adrenaline as well as the painkiller Toradol, which he had taken before the game to deal with other ailments.

"The problem with injuries is, after a few hours, in the next day or two, there's a lot of blood flow to that area, so swelling increases," he said. "Usually what you're fighting is getting the inflammation out, get the swelling out, and getting the flexibility back. So that's the deal. It's swelling and flexibility in trying to get back to close to 100 percent.

"You just gotta be smart. You gotta think about, you know, this is Week 3. Although every game's important, and we approach them that way, you never want to hurt the team or hurt yourself worse."

Nevertheless, Marshall pointed to his track record of having missed just five games over the past seven seasons because of injuries. "So I always try to get out there," he said.

Marshall, who has nine catches for 133 yards on the season, expressed confidence in the Jets' receiving corps if he doesn't play. He cited the fine start by Quincy Enunwa, who has a team-high 13 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown, along with the presence of Eric Decker, who has eight catches for a team-high 163 yards and 2 TDs. Marshall also mentioned undrafted rookie Jalin Marshall, who has three catches for 45 yards.

If he does play, Marshall said, he won't need to wear a brace but will have his knee and foot heavily taped.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So that's why Enunwa was on the kickoff return. Not because of poor play by Marshall.

It should be Robbie Anderson time. Let this young man ball. J.Marshall being out opens the door for Anderson to step up.

Just now, Jetster said:

It should be Robbie Anderson time. Let this young man ball. J.Marshall being out opens the door for Anderson to step up.

It opens up snaps, but Anderson isn't really a slot receiver and that's where Marshall had been playing with Decker moved outside. If Decker's injury is serious then that might be the bigger opportunity for Anderson.

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It opens up snaps, but Anderson isn't really a slot receiver and that's where Marshall had been playing with Decker moved outside. If Decker's injury is serious then that might be the bigger opportunity for Anderson.

Move Marshall or Decker in the slot, they did that with great success last year. It would also force Seattle to roll coverage inside so Anderson would get a 3rd CB.

Archived