Rex is a loser.

Rex should do the honorable thing and resign.  He's in over his head up there and has the worst staff of assistants in the league.  He took an elite defense and made it a dysfunctional bunch.  I think that whole staff has gotten too comfortable in their job security due to Rex's loyalty over the years.  He's gotten bad luck with the injuries and suspensions but it's also been very obvious that the 12 men on the field penalties, and wasted timeouts that are later regretted, have left NY and followed Rex up the Buffalo (and it's pretty much every single game with remarkable consistency).  So this is no fluke, Rex just doesn't coach a sustainable winning brand of football.  There are too many aspects other than defensive strategy that need mastering to be a head coach.

Rex had a good run with an elite roster his first 2 seasons but he's done as an NFL head coach IMO.  He'll make for a great TV guy though.

Rex was perfect for the jets in 09-10, he had a talented young roster, he came in and gave the team an identity and a bold sense of confidence that this team hadn't seen since namath. the problem is when you run your mouth like that and lose, you start to really lose your credibility. and after his initial success he never grew as a coach and you can see it in the bills today. sloppy, poorly run gameplans, the same kind of mistakes he was making early on here, and really without the credibility he had back then

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Rex should do the honorable thing and resign.  He's in over his head up there and has the worst staff of assistants in the league.  He took an elite defense and made it a dysfunctional bunch.  I think that whole staff has gotten too comfortable in their job security due to Rex's loyalty over the years.  He's gotten bad luck with the injuries and suspensions but it's also been very obvious that the 12 men on the field penalties, and wasted timeouts that are later regretted, have left NY and followed Rex up the Buffalo (and it's pretty much every single game with remarkable consistency).  So this is no fluke, Rex just doesn't coach a sustainable winning brand of football.  There are too many aspects other than defensive strategy that need mastering to be a head coach.

Rex had a good run with an elite roster his first 2 seasons but he's done as an NFL head coach IMO.  He'll make for a great TV guy though.

2 things: Rex did not have an elite roster (see one Mark Sanchez) and would you leave millions on the table to resign (which is what would happen if he resigns)

Lol, he's a loser all the way to the bank! And good for him hiring his brother so he can stash some money in the bank when they both get fired. Rex isn't stupid, bombastic sure, but he's already planning his life after coaching. Like others have said he's a perfect candidate for TV, with his big toothy grin & no filter. The Ryans are like super Novas they burn very bright for a short period of time.

I used to think Rex was good at only 3 things: 1-Running his big fat mouth which he seems to have dialed down a bit because I guess he realizes he is inadequate as a HC, 2- beating us which he failed at the other night, 3 - winning meaningless games to save his ass late in December which he did last year but may not even be around to do this year.

What made me laugh yesterday was his PC after throwing his OC under the bus. He said this was his decision. Ya ok, I bet for sure he is still being allowed to call the shots.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

The amazing part is that with all the objective evidence to the contrary that exists

there are those that still claim he is a good defensive coach.

He is a charlatan.

He took us to 2 AFC championship games.  Pretty sure no other coach in our history has done that. (obviously we didn't win any SB's under him though)

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He took us to 2 AFC championship games.  Pretty sure no other coach in our history has done that. (obviously we didn't win any SB's under him though)

Plus had the Number 1 D and the number 1 rushing offense and has a net worth of 20 million to date.. What a frigging loser..LOL Too many focus on his big mouth which I agree can be a problem yet they love Mangini who never won a playoff game with much better QB's..Hell he dumped Chad who then took the 1-15 Fins to win the Brady-less East in 2008..And a Healthy Favre lost at home to the Cassel led Pats and needed OT to beat him at Foxboro.. That Mangini may make the HOF one day..;)

Sexy Rexy is a loser as a head coach. He was at one time a very good DC who could get a lot out of a good roster where he had little control over who went on the roster or the larger game plan. After he gets ejected from BUF as HC he might be out of the league for a year or two but I'm sure a team would take a chance on him as a DC again. At least in as position coach in defense. 

Rex is done coaching football whenever the Pegulas decide they've seen enough and are willing to eat the rest of his contract. At this point, I don't know if he has enough credibility to get the TV job everyone expects him to land next. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Rex is done coaching football whenever the Pegulas decide they've seen enough and are willing to eat the rest of his contract. At this point, I don't know if he has enough credibility to get the TV job everyone expects him to land next. 

Herman Edwards got a TV gig if he can anyone can..

25 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Plus had the Number 1 D and the number 1 rushing offense and has a net worth of 20 million to date.. What a frigging loser..LOL Too many focus on his big mouth which I agree can be a problem yet they love Mangini who never won a playoff game with much better QB's..Hell he dumped Chad who then took the 1-15 Fins to win the Brady-less East in 2008..And a Healthy Favre lost at home to the Cassel led Pats and needed OT to beat him at Foxboro.. That Mangini may make the HOF one day..;)

Wait a second. From what you're saying, Rex is a compiler then, ( just like Curtis Martin, who you hate lol) he didn't win the big one and lost two afc championship games in a row, which people think is some great feat. The eagles own the world record for losing championship games and nobody cares about it nor does anybody talk about it. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

1. Skip Bayless makes over a million per year. And he now appears on a show debating Shannon Sharpe.

2. It's almost difficult to conceive of a future that doesn't include Jerry Jones begging Rex to take $5 mil per year from him.

10 minutes ago, slats said:

If Jerry Glanville and Herm can get jobs as buffoons on tv Rex will have no problem getting a gig. He's a natural 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Skip Bayless makes over a million per year. And he now appears on a show debating Shannon Sharpe.

2. It's almost difficult to conceive of a future that doesn't include Jerry Jones begging Rex to take $5 mil per year from him.

Damn.  You stole my thunder.  I was going to "Ask Tom Shane" if it was possible to conceive of a future that didn't include Jerry Jones begging Rex to be HC of the DC.

10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He'll make for a great TV guy though.

I used to believe this as well, now I'm not too sure. While he undoubtedly has a terrific amount of knowledge and charisma, he's never struck me as being particularly articulate. Maybe that's a result of his dyslexia, maybe not. But I think on-air he'd come across as a real 'deez & doze' type of guy, which won't resonate with viewers IMO.

11 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

I used to believe this as well, now I'm not too sure. While he undoubtedly has a terrific amount of knowledge and charisma, he's never struck me as being particularly articulate. Maybe that's a result of his dyslexia, maybe not. But I think on-air he'd come across as a real 'deez & doze' type of guy, which won't resonate with viewers IMO.

Every NFL studio show I watch requires both the use of Closed Captioning and a Rosetta Stone for interpreting the language of TBI outpatients. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every NFL studio show I watch requires both the use of Closed Captioning and a Rosetta Stone for interpreting the language of TBI outpatients. 

The talk of end zone dances and sack celebrations intercut with the likes of jock sniffers like chronic masturbator Adam Schein, Roger Goodell's valet, Peter King and Mike "West Viriginia lawyer" Mike Florio does not amuse nor inform. 

Think Jay Glazer and Adam Schecter are pretty good, but not sitting through hours of ESL gibberish for 90 seconds of substance. You get older and your time becomes more valuable. Plus a wife, kids, dogs, errands and stuff. Yeah, Hon, can't take out the garbage or walk the dog, Keyshawn is gonna break down Jamies Winston's  crableg boogie. 

21 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The talk of end zone dances and sack celebrations intercut with the likes of jock sniffers like chronic masturbator Adam Schein, Roger Goodell's valet, Peter King and Mike "West Viriginia lawyer" Mike Florio does not amuse nor inform. 

Think Jay Glazer and Adam Schecter are pretty good, but not sitting through hours of ESL gibberish for 90 seconds of substance. You get older and your time becomes more valuable. Plus a wife, kids, dogs, errands and stuff. Yeah, Hon, can't take out the garbage or walk the dog, Keyshawn is gonna break down Jamies Winston's  crableg boogie. 

I think if there's one enduring, overarching symbol for mainstream media in 2016, it'd be one giant camera shot of Jeffrey Lord with a chyron reading "Author, Historian" at the bottom of the screen.

1 hour ago, Jetworks said:

People used to think that about John Madden, and he was 1/2 of the best duo I've ever heard to a game.

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Absolutely Rex was made for TV a bigger mouth then Mike Ditka..:) 

Made for TV?  I guess if you enjoy listening to a dozen or more "um's....uh's.......you know's. ... stuff like that's..." in each and every sentence, with long pregnant pauses in between... then Rex could be a NFL TV commentator you might enjoy. But if you like commentary that is at least somewhat comprehensible and clear, then forget Rex. 

Archived