Parking and Game Info Questions

David Harris

I appreciate your taking the time to help as I don't often go to games and am bringing my wife and 2 small kids to their first game. 

I got 4 tix for the Seattle Game on 10/2 on Ticketmaster - Naturally they did not include a parking pass.

-------------------

What is the best lot to park in so as to not get stuck in traffic on the way out?  We may do a touch of tailgating but it's not make or break.

Am I correct that a parking pass is mandatory to purchase prior to arrival?  Do you just get the passes on Sutubhub/Ticketmaster and the like?

Also, is it legal to sell/buy Jets tickets on this forum?  It seems like a great way to cut out the middleman as I had to pay $100 is "transaction fees" for four tix - total rip off but I didn't feel like scouring for tix.  If it's legal maybe we could set up a side forum for private ticket sales/exhange???

Much appreciated!!

You don't need a parking pass because you can pay as you enter. You'll probably be paying the same amount (or more) on Stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc. as you would if you paid upon entry. Orange lots are the least expensive. The route you intend to take home makes a difference as to where you would want to park, but you're going to hit traffic leaving the stadium no matter where you park.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/Marketing/2015-Parking-Site-Map-MetLife-070915.pdf  (parking map)

Get a parking pass at NFL Ticket Exchange (orange pass) ; park by the IZOD center in LOT 26 ; there is a bus from there to the stadium ; plenty of tailgate room and easy out .

I'm also new to tailgating but will be coming with a 22ft trailer. Is lot 26 the best place to be with my trailer?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

You don't need a parking pass because you can pay as you enter. You'll probably be paying the same amount (or more) on Stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc. as you would if you paid upon entry. Orange lots are the least expensive. The route you intend to take home makes a difference as to where you would want to park, but you're going to hit traffic leaving the stadium no matter where you park.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/Marketing/2015-Parking-Site-Map-MetLife-070915.pdf  (parking map)

Did they just change this? Because they have been requiring a parking pass to get in to the lot.

It really depends a lot on where you are sitting. If you are looking to get right out after the game, getting to your car as soon as possible makes a big difference. That said if the game is a blow out, and you stay to the end, it won't matter. A lot of people will trickle out early. But if it is a close game and you get to your car right away you can get out pretty fast.

The yellow parking is probably the best value. Definitely don't buy orange. But if there is a green pass for sale and the price is close grab it. The lots to the left Yellow J and Green F will let you get on the Turnpike at 16W. The lots at the other side put you on at 18 and you are behind everyone who got on at 16.

Hope that helps, enjoy the game!

Jets_Parking_Map.PNG

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Did they just change this? Because they have been requiring a parking pass to get in to the lot.

I think they will sell you an orange one at one of the booths for $50 if you don't have a parking pass. Just follow the signs for people who don't yet have a parking pass.  You can also buy an orange one from the Jets through ticket master for $40 ahead of time.   You can get an after-market Yellow one from stub hub or ticketmaster for about $55-65 (plus fees) and orange for about $45-50.  

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think they will sell you an orange one at one of the booths for $50 if you don't have a parking pass. Just follow the signs for people who don't yet have a parking pass.  You can also buy an orange one from the Jets through ticket master for $40 ahead of time.   You can get an after-market Yellow one from stub hub or ticketmaster for about $55-65 (plus fees) and orange for about $45-50.  

Oh!  Definitely get the yellow one ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

This is year 4 for me. I have my own (Orange) parking pass and I usually park in the garage. The garage always has a sign up showing the cash price for parking....which I think has been $30 or $35. My friends will usually come to one game a year and when they do we park and tailgate in lot 26 or lot B. They pay cash upon entry, and I pay an upcharge when we park in lot B.

1 minute ago, thatboyjack said:

This is year 4 for me. I have my own (Orange) parking pass and I usually park in the garage. The garage always has a sign up showing the cash price for parking....which I think has been $30 or $35. My friends will usually come to one game a year and when they do we park and tailgate in lot 26 or lot B. They pay cash upon entry, and I pay an upcharge when we park in lot B.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks.

18 hours ago, David Harris said:

I appreciate your taking the time to help as I don't often go to games and am bringing my wife and 2 small kids to their first game. 

I got 4 tix for the Seattle Game on 10/2 on Ticketmaster - Naturally they did not include a parking pass.

-------------------

What is the best lot to park in so as to not get stuck in traffic on the way out?  We may do a touch of tailgating but it's not make or break.

Am I correct that a parking pass is mandatory to purchase prior to arrival?  Do you just get the passes on Sutubhub/Ticketmaster and the like?

Also, is it legal to sell/buy Jets tickets on this forum?  It seems like a great way to cut out the middleman as I had to pay $100 is "transaction fees" for four tix - total rip off but I didn't feel like scouring for tix.  If it's legal maybe we could set up a side forum for private ticket sales/exhange???

Much appreciated!!

Parking:  Get a Green pass on Stubhub.  It will cost you $30 over face but is well worth it.  With 2 young kids and no strollers you don't want to be walking a mile (literally) from one of the perimeter lots when the game starts and certainly don't want to walk a mile back when they are sleepy and irritable at the end.

Arrival Time:  Get to the stadium lots by 11AM or you will get stuck in stop and go traffic that will make your kids nauseous.

Shade:  I hope you got tickets on the shady side of the stadium.  If not, you will need to get your kids sunglasses as they will be miserable with sun glare at 1PM on an early October Sunday.

Kids Fun #1:  Forget tailgating, enter the stadium perimeter at 11 and find the bouncy house and the inflatable tackling dummy area, the kids love it and they get free t-shirts and keychains and stuff.

Kids Fun #2:  The security guards are very nice and will let you and your kids down to the first row right behind the bench to see pregame warmups.  Enter the perimeter at 11, walk to the 50 yard line next to the large Jets Shop, go through the food court, down the ramp, and up the steps to access the lower level bowl.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

It was my understanding that parking passes were for season ticket holders. Since you're buying parking in bulk, they give you a discount.

I am not sure. IN the beginning of the new stadium I thought they made you go to a satellite lot if you didn't already have a parking pass.

18 hours ago, David Harris said:

-------------------

Much appreciated!!

What section are your tickets in?

3 hours ago, no psls said:

You cranky old bastard !!!

LOL, because of his young kids my friend, because of his young kids.

I enjoy a tailgate now and then but that's not the atmosphere for two little ones let alone the asphalt, the heat, etc.  Better to get them in the bouncy house and watch warmups in the shade.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

It really depends a lot on where you are sitting. If you are looking to get right out after the game, getting to your car as soon as possible makes a big difference. That said if the game is a blow out, and you stay to the end, it won't matter. A lot of people will trickle out early. But if it is a close game and you get to your car right away you can get out pretty fast.

The yellow parking is probably the best value. Definitely don't buy orange. But if there is a green pass for sale and the price is close grab it. The lots to the left Yellow J and Green F will let you get on the Turnpike at 16W. The lots at the other side put you on at 18 and you are behind everyone who got on at 16.

Hope that helps, enjoy the game!

Jets_Parking_Map.PNG

Looking at this, I'd guess the train is the best option.  Got to a reason  people don't use it more?

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Parking:  Get a Green pass on Stubhub.  It will cost you $30 over face but is well worth it.  With 2 young kids and no strollers you don't want to be walking a mile (literally) from one of the perimeter lots when the game starts and certainly don't want to walk a mile back when they are sleepy and irritable at the end.

Arrival Time:  Get to the stadium lots by 11AM or you will get stuck in stop and go traffic that will make your kids nauseous.

Shade:  I hope you got tickets on the shady side of the stadium.  If not, you will need to get your kids sunglasses as they will be miserable with sun glare at 1PM on an early October Sunday.

Kids Fun #1:  Forget tailgating, enter the stadium perimeter at 11 and find the bouncy house and the inflatable tackling dummy area, the kids love it and they get free t-shirts and keychains and stuff.

Kids Fun #2:  The security guards are very nice and will let you and your kids down to the first row right behind the bench to see pregame warmups.  Enter the perimeter at 11, walk to the 50 yard line next to the large Jets Shop, go through the food court, down the ramp, and up the steps to access the lower level bowl.

SAR I

Amazing! Really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Amazing! Really appreciate it.

Happy to help, enjoy.

315 is a great section but if it's a sunny day you will be facing sun glare for a good portion of the game, so sunglasses are a must and I'd bring some decent head protection for the kids, depending on their ages a baseball cap or bucket cap would be best.  Note that in the sun it can feel 10 degrees warmer than the actual temperature, so 70 can feel like 80 in the first week of October so don't overdress either.

SAR I

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

To many people trying to leave all at once?  Yeah I can see that

Yup, that's what happens.  People pace themselves heading out to the stadium, all these people from Long Island, Westchester, Manhattan, Connecticut, New Jersey, their trains arrive staggered and some get there early for tailgating and some get there hours later just before kickoff.

But on the way back, it's a giant funnel, no matter where you live there is only one way out.  And because there is only one train in and one train out at a time, the loading is a zoo with people stuffing in, and departing is delayed as a result.  Then you wait forever for the next train to pull in, it's bad.  And if you're not one of the first people there at the end you get pushed and squished, it's actually scary like those tragedies at concerts or soccer games you see on TV.

I did it one time, never again.

SAR I

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

Section 315- up top about the 30 yard line behind the Jets bench

I would park in Lot 26. The (free) Izod Center Shuttle bus is close by, and that drops you off a short distance away from the SAP Gate. Parking anywhere else is a long walk....unless you want to shell out a small fortune for parking in a Green Lot. The "B" lot appears like a short walk on the map but you'd have to walk from B to D then up the stairs to the bridge, across the bridge, through the tunnel, only to come out of the tunnel exactly where the (free) Izod Center Shuttle bus drops off at.

On 9/20/2016 at 11:33 PM, SAR I said:

Yup, that's what happens.  People pace themselves heading out to the stadium, all these people from Long Island, Westchester, Manhattan, Connecticut, New Jersey, their trains arrive staggered and some get there early for tailgating and some get there hours later just before kickoff.

But on the way back, it's a giant funnel, no matter where you live there is only one way out.  And because there is only one train in and one train out at a time, the loading is a zoo with people stuffing in, and departing is delayed as a result.  Then you wait forever for the next train to pull in, it's bad.  And if you're not one of the first people there at the end you get pushed and squished, it's actually scary like those tragedies at concerts or soccer games you see on TV.

SAR I

Thanks SAR.  Just wondering, If you took your time and got there like an hour after the game are the trains still running?  Would it relieve the crush?  

On September 20, 2016 at 11:33 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

Have to agree with my champagne drinking, non-flatulating, BMW worshipping Jet brother.

I went once on September 13, 2010, the first game at MetLife against the Ravens.

Everything SAR says is true (at least here) about this.

Disaster.  Never again.

8 hours ago, flgreen said:

Thanks SAR.  Just wondering, If you took your time and got there like an hour after the game are the trains still running?  Would it relieve the crush?  

Yes, but an hour after the game for a few bucks more you could find a stray Uber to take you back in comfort and style. 

SAR I

Archived