How obvious is it David Ortiz is using steroids again?

drdetroit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suspect this is probably the case. MLB under Selig allowed his buddies running the Sawx to do what ever they wanted. Ortiz tested positive in the big test of 2003, but was allowed to weasel out of admitting to it. recall he washed out of Minnesota but miraculously became a Hall of Famer in Boston. But really his choice was taking the needle or going abck to the DR; would admit given that choice most people would take the needle. But then proceeded to whine about being constantly tested like only a player who was required to be so tested by having been positive. But really, at this point so what.

Can't wait 5 years for the same collection of whiny old sports writers who  like prissy Puritans won't vote for Bonds, Clemens, McGwire,Rodriguez nor Sosa twist themselves into pretzels to vote for Ortiz's enshrinement. At this point, it's part of MLB's history,and these guys posted these numbers; let them in.We have no idea who did or did not use., nor to what degree. MLB spent too much time and energy badmouthing it's players. As per today's paper, Mike Lupica would like to give him a happy ending or 7. But this same guy cannot type a paragraph without ripping all of the above, despite writing a crappy book about Sosa and McGwire.

MLB is losing young fans in part because nobody knows who their star players are anymore. Would best be served by celebrating it's stars than rehashing this. Also the 1 game wildcard thing is a total bust. Nobody wants to invest time into a team to get wiped out in a day. and stadiums are pretty empty once school starts anyway. September baseball should be the playoffs, not this crappy death march. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

recall he washed out of Minnesota but miraculously became a Hall of Famer in Boston. But really his choice was taking the needle or going abck to the DR

Ortiz hit 18 and 20 HR's in limited AB's prior to signing as a Free Agent w/Boston in 2003.  Minny was still under their misguided Doug Mientkiewicz will be a star years and about to usher in the Morneua, Mauer, Kubel and Cuddyer years so I am not sure if that can be considered as Ortiz "washing out" in Minny. .

I don't know what to say about implying that it was a Boston thing or that the Franchise and MLB turns a blind eye to it as there are zero facts to back up that statement.

On 9/22/2016 at 4:11 PM, deucebag said:

Absolute disgrace how he is embraced yet one of the all-time worst steroid abusers up there with the Bash Bros, Sammy Sosa, Palmeiro and A-Roid.

And his boy Manny.......They prolly shot up together. This Big Roido love fest is a joke.

Let's hope they get knocked out of the post season

17 hours ago, The Troll said:

Why does anyone still give a sh*t about steroids?

Especially a bunch of Yankee fans. Would you guys like to give back all the World Series wins that were aided by Pettitte, Clemens, and ARod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a hush falls over the crowd.

22 hours ago, The Troll said:

Especially a bunch of Yankee fans. Would you guys like to give back all the World Series wins that were aided by Pettitte, Clemens, and ARod?

Andy never used steroids. And sure you can have the rings they would have lost without ARod and Roger. The number stays the same.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Andy never used steroids. And sure you can have the rings they would have lost without ARod and Roger. The number stays the same.

Really, based on your indisputable source? Lots of conjecture, not too much substance.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

HGH is still a PED.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

LOL. What a terrible article.

Just now, nyjunc said:

not really, why the heck are the yanks honoring Ortiz?  makes no sense, the man was nothing pre PEDs, he wasn't Jeter or Rivera.

One of the most beloved athlete in Boston sports history is what Ortiz is and he played a huge role in many of the games between the two teams over the past 14 years. That's why he is being honored. Players love him. He's a great ambassador of the game for Hispanics.

He hit 18 & 20 home runs in limited at bats and playing time before coming to Boston. He came to Boston and hit with Manny in the line-up, in a hitters ballpark and those numbers jumped. You still cannot prove that he has ever taken PEDs. No need to even try.

There's no need to equate Jeter and Rivera to Ortiz here. They're all great players on their own merit. It's a terrible article.

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

One of the most beloved athlete in Boston sports history is what Ortiz is and he played a huge role in many of the games between the two teams over the past 14 years. That's why he is being honored. Players love him. He's a great ambassador of the game for Hispanics.

He hit 18 & 20 home runs in limited at bats and playing time before coming to Boston. He came to Boston and hit with Manny in the line-up, in a hitters ballpark and those numbers jumped. You still cannot prove that he has ever taken PEDs. No need to even try.

There's no need to equate Jeter and Rivera to Ortiz here. They're all great players on their own merit. It's a terrible article.

he's beloved but has spent much of his career being a jerk, he's beloved b/c he was a huge part of them finally winning.  He's not Derek Jeter, he's not Mariano Rivera.  2 players w/ no questions around them beloved by all of baseball throughout their careers,

By the way, I don't really care about the PED stuff, ortiz was a great player that helped to finally shift the "rivalry" a little and help Boston become a top team.  I appreciate greatness even though I hated watching him kill us year after year after year.  I just don't think he's on a level w/ those other guys and especially w/ the way they mocked Mariano we shouldn't be honoring him.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

By the way, I don't really care about the PED stuff, ortiz was a great player that helped to finally shift the "rivalry" a little and help Boston become a top team.  I appreciate greatness even though I hated watching him kill us year after year after year.  I just don't think he's on a level w/ those other guys and especially w/ the way they mocked Mariano we shouldn't be honoring him.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/david-ortiz-thanks-for-the-memories-new-york/

Give this a read.

Maybe it is the old curmudgeon in me but these retirement tours are just a bit too much. I don't care if is the Mets paying tribute to Chipper Jones, The Sox with Jeter and Mo or the Yanks with Ortiz. It shouldn't be done. 

But if every other team is doing it then they don't want to be the one that doesn't.

Could you sit there and honestly watch Billy Martin pay tribute to Yaz ? Or the Sox paying tribute to Munson, Reggie or Bucky Dent ?

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I saw it already, I appreciate him as a great player.  he's not worthy of a pregame salute from the New York Yankees.

The Yankees have too much respect for the legacy of all players not to honor David Ortiz.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he's beloved but has spent much of his career being a jerk, he's beloved b/c he was a huge part of them finally winning.  He's not Derek Jeter, he's not Mariano Rivera.  2 players w/ no questions around them beloved by all of baseball throughout their careers,

An interesting comment, care to tell that to all the young patients he has helped at Children's Hospital in Boston?

On 9/26/2016 at 2:42 AM, The Troll said:

I dont care about steroids at all. Ortiz is just a con man. Great hitter though.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I dont care about steroids at all. Ortiz is just a con man. Great hitter though.

Care to elaborate on your "con man" comment? I would like to see verifiable evidence. I expect crickets though. I think you are referring to Roger Clemens whom Will Mcdonough  called "The Texas Con Man."

Just now, Maine Coon Cat said:

Care to elaborate on your "con man" comment? I would like to see verifiable evidence. I expect crickets though. I think you are referring to Roger Clemens whom Will Mcdonough  called "The Texas Con Man."

I'd say threatening a score keeper over a stupid base hit doesnt jive with the loveable giant vibe he tries to keep. He's a fake tough guy, that's all.

The Yanks honoring Ortiz vs the Mets honoring Chipper. Gonna give the Mets the sliiiiiight edge here only because Jones built his career off slaying the Mets 20 times a year, and you also expect such shenanigans from the Wilpons, but holy **** was that bizarre and sad last night simply because it's the Yankees. Steinbrenner would have never stood for that sh*t.

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Yanks honoring Ortiz vs the Mets honoring Chipper. Gonna give the Mets the sliiiiiight edge here only because Jones built his career off slaying the Mets 20 times a year, and you also expect such shenanigans from the Wilpons, but holy **** was that bizarre and sad last night simply because it's the Yankees. Steinbrenner would have never stood for that sh*t.

I don't have a problem with it the Red Sox honored Jeter and Rivera similarly.  We all know Ortiz did steroids its just the media which is asleep at the wheel about reporting this.

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'd say threatening a score keeper over a stupid base hit doesnt jive with the loveable giant vibe he tries to keep. He's a fake tough guy, that's all.

We all make mistakes in our lives and he apologized.  I prefer to look at a persons overall character. I doubt you would ever meet the same scrutiny you subject him to. In fact, I know that I could not meet it as well.

Archived