Can this team go 11-3?

CobraVerde

4 hours ago, CobraVerde said:

That's what it's gonna take. 

I think so. We must split with the Pats at the very least, which is likely. A sweep essentially gives us three wins due to tiebreakers but it'll take a lot for that to happen.

Then we must win two of Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers n Cards, which is possible.  All other games should be a win to win the division. Should be. 

So it's possible we end up 12-4. However, 10-6 is far more likely than 11-5 or 9-7 imo. There are games we should win that we will lose (a Miami game?). 

3 hours ago, devland said:

11-3, 9-5, do you know that the NFL went to a 16 game season years ago?

How about if he was talking about the remaining games? I mean, it's a possibility with us having played 2 games already. The math works. 

6 hours ago, Powpow said:

Didn't you say Buffalo would beat the Jets last week? 

Yes.  

And I also said that the loss to the Bengals means we have to beat both Pittsburgh and Kansas City as well as sweep the Bills and the Fish. 

I can't see that happening, sorry.  The Jets path to the playoffs required a 2-0 start or at the very least a 3-3 open with 3 AFC victories. 

The Patriots are going to open 6–0

SAR I

43 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

In 2 weeks the Pats have to put in a 40 year old guy and sit the young studs. May not win another game. 4-12 for the Pats. 

How epic would it be for the newly reinstated Brady to lead the 4-0 Patsies against the 0-4 Browns ... and lose?

Is karma just setting things up in the most beautiful way possible?? :-) 

Didn't you say Buffalo would beat the Jets last week? 

I said BUF would beat us, and I still agree 11-3 is a pipe dream. Beating BUF proved we can beat a sh*tty team that we should beat. It doesn't prove anything for good teams. Regardless of their struggles KC, SEA,AZ, PIT,NE twice, BAL are all tough teams. None of them are guaranteed wins. Lose 3 of them and it takes beating all the sh*tty teams we should beat to get there. We're the Jets, when have we ever beat every team we should've beat??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it unlikely that we take the division; especially the way other teams seem to be lying down for the Pats.

Can we win 10 more games; that is going to be tough especially considering the who we play, but clearly some of the 'good' teams aren't as good as we thought. Also, our offense has the potential to be better than we thought.

If we are going to make it to the playoffs, it is going to happen one game at a time, so we just have to beat KC. And, if we can't beat them (even without Brandon), I am not sure it will really matter.

Look you have to win the close games and steal a few. And try not to have any stinkers like the Texans did last night. Are the Jets good enough to do that. We'll find out. We are only 1-1 at this moment even though we outplayed both teams. So try to take victory out of the jaws of defeat and we are a 10-6 and hopefully get the tiebreakers this season. It's all about 2016. Next year some of our play makers might be gone. And see how we do with injuries. Right now at least three key players are questionable for Sunday. 

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

How epic would it be for the newly reinstated Brady to lead the 4-0 Patsies against the 0-4 Browns ... and lose?

Is karma just setting things up in the most beautiful way possible?? :-) 

As unlikely as it is, this would be the greatest NFL story since 18-1.

Sure they can.  They can do whatever they want.  It's up to them.  This is why Bowles wants to see attitude and wants to see them fight.  If they want to just go through the motions like Houston did last night, show up and collect a pay check, it will be an ugly season.  The only team that can beat the Jets are the Jets.  Once again,  as Bowles has said, they have to "figure out what kind of team they want to be."  Something I've noticed would help, Pryor needs to stop trying to make friends with the opposition and start laying the lumber.   

So I looked at the schedule one more time with a very much glass half-full optimism... 

Chiefs, Hawks, Steelers, Cards- I think we go 2-2 at best. 

Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, Rams- I think its possible we win all 4. Not likely but not completely unreasonable. 

Colts, Niners, Dolphins- we can win all 3.

Bill- this will be a tougher game than it may seem. The Bills defense is really not as bad as it looked vs. the Jets. It's a 50/50 coin flip game. But lets say the Jets pull it out.

Pats x2: I could very well see the Pats sweeping us. I mean, nobody seems to be able to beat them, even with a 3rd string QB. But lets say the Jets defense plays out of hteir minds at home and we pull out one win. 

Final BEST CASE SCENARIO, brimming with optimism: 12-4 

Highly unlikely, but there's your answer. YES, the Jets can go 12-4. 

Archived