TE radar BEEP; ASJ waived. Is there a god?

Paradis

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What a terrible analogy. I'd love to see you thoroughly explain the comparison beyond a shreddies caliber explanation. They're both TEs. The similarities end there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah think? He had enough talent to do some pretty pretty good things at the college level as a TEl and couldnt step up his game at the pro level.  Add to that the DUI and yelling at coaches on the sideline and you can change the name on the back of the jersey from AMARO to ASJ just for short since that is about how long he would last.  Actually, he probably wouldnt last long enough to get a jersey. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://nypost.com/2016/09/23/nfler-asks-to-cops-to-take-a-s-t-gets-arrested-for-dui-loses-job/

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of driving while under the influence — and was promptly cut by the teamlater in the day.

According to a release from the Florida Highway Patrol, a trooper was traveling in his cruiser when he saw Seferian-Jenkins enter southbound Interstate 275 going between 75 and 80 miles per hour. The release says the football player’s vehicle then cut off the trooper’s cruiser and began weaving back and forth.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Dashcam footage of the traffic stop, published by TMZ, shows officers talking to Seferian-Jenkins as if they are going to let him off with a warning — before he begins conversing with them in slurred speech.

Modal Triggerasj1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=191&stri
Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Austin Seferian-JenkinsPhoto: The Florida Times-Union via AP

“I just want to go home to my quarterback’s house, where we’re meeting, about to watch ‘American Horror Story,’ Episode 2,” Seferian-Jenkins said, perhaps revealing a late-night TV sesh at Jameis Winston’s place.

Once in custody in the police car, Seferian-Jenkins gets even loopier.

“I got to take a huge s–t. Am I good to take a s–t?” he asked a police officer, who implored him not to defecate in the car, saying he’s seen it before.

“Not me, I’m not that f–ked up,” Seferian-Jenkins said with a laugh. “I’m not gonna s–t near you car. But when we get there, can I take a s–t?”

Seferian-Jenkins, 23, is being charged with DUI and violation of an ignition interlock device restriction from an arrest in Washington in 2013. He refused a breath test at the Hillsborough County Jail.

Seferian-Jenkins was drafted by the Bucs in 2014. He has 45 career receptions, including seven touchdowns, in 18 games.

19 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Yah think? He had enough talent to do some pretty pretty good things at the college level as a TEl and couldnt step up his game at the pro level.  Add to that the DUI and yelling at coaches on the sideline and you can change the name on the back of the jersey from AMARO to ASJ just for short since that is about how long he would last.  Actually, he probably wouldnt last long enough to get a jersey. 

Amaro couldn't play. ASJ can't get out of his own way. Nothing alike. To say he couldn't step up at the pro level feels like your grandstanding to get a point across. Both were TEs from the same class who've flamed out for entirely different reasons. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

What a terrible analogy. I'd love to see you thoroughly explain the comparison beyond a shreddies caliber explanation. They're both TEs. The similarities end there.

Aren't they both currently without a team?

Never mind I guess Amaro is currently Titanic.

36 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Wrong.  ASJ is a total mess. 

He has alienated much of the coaching staff in Tampa with his attitude, some teammates, and knew he was under the microscope and on his last chance.  Yet he was still out drinking to the wee hours of the morning before Friday's practice, the most important of the week.  He committed multiple violations of a previous DUI order.   These are not things that a quality employee does.

What exactly do you consider a trainwreck?  Does he need to commit domestic violence?  Kill someone behind  the wheel?

Hell no to this jerk.

I just disagree. 

He's troubled and needs to take a serious long look in the mirror and get some help. Obvioulsy it just wasn't working there. If you ever worked with people who have issues or substance abuse problems, there are times when no matter what you do, the situation just isn't going to work. It's why people go elsewhere to start fresh..

Furthermore, it feels like some here are lambasting him as a person. I just don't dig that, people do things for different reasons. I've worked with people coming in and out of Jail, and sh*t happens. It doesn't always mean they're bad people. Some times yes, some times no. But I don't believe in attacking him as a person.

He doesn't get a "pass" - and still needs to be accountable, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take a chance and see if we can clean him up. He's an awesome TE. 

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Amaro couldn't play. ASJ can't get out of his own way. Nothing alike. To say he couldn't step up at the pro level feels like your grandstanding to get a point across. Both were TEs from the same class who've flamed out for entirely different reasons. 

Amaro caught 38 passes in his rookie year. ASJ has caught 45 in his career. Neither one is the next Gates and neither one is worth a roster spot for the Jets. 

55 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

http://nypost.com/2016/09/23/nfler-asks-to-cops-to-take-a-s-t-gets-arrested-for-dui-loses-job/

“I got to take a huge s–t. Am I good to take a s–t?” he asked a police officer, who implored him not to defecate in the car, saying he’s seen it before.

“Not me, I’m not that f–ked up,” Seferian-Jenkins said with a laugh. “I’m not gonna s–t near you car. But when we get there, can I take a s–t?”

clearly realized the gravity of his situation, and is ready to turn his life around, he just needs one more chance

Amaro caught 38 passes in his rookie year. ASJ has caught 45 in his career. Neither one is the next Gates and neither one is worth a roster spot for the Jets. 

Disagree. Lots of room here and no competition. Good veteran team to shake him out a bit too.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I was wondering the same thing this is the first I ever heard of it. 

There was several articles about it at the time, a few mentions when he was cut.  This is the first thing I just googled up.  Don't know what he was doing this year, he says he was getting sober, kind of.  He had the rep of being a party'er

He isn’t the same rookie who once was more concerned with late-night outings and fast food. In his third year in the league, Amaro is determined to prove he’s a different person and an even better player.

“You shut the drinking out, you take out the late nights, you get more sleep, it’s going to pay off in the end,” he told Newsday 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-tight-end-jace-amaro-from-fun-loving-to-dedicated-1.12150111

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Wait, who?

That's what I'd like to know... Amaro was athletic. He wasn't talented. Talent is being able to marry athleticism with the fundamental ability to understand and play the game. He was just an athlete. ****, the guy made it to the NFL as a receiving TE and didn't even know how to catch OR block.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Disappointed so many here seem to be above working with a young talented player. It's not like we're loaded at the position, nor is he expensive - and we're certainly have the veteran presence to take on a guy and mentor him thru this.

Frankly no ones offered any good reason not to beyond "he can be someone else's problem"... Didn't even know he was a problem.

Doesn't etoh detox take like a month or something?  So, you're suggesting we rehab him on our dime/time? 

Worth a shot? Sure, I'm always willing to use a spot or two on upside play and see where we end up.  

However, not really sure he fits on the team.  From what I've noticed, we mainly use our TE to block, with Enunwa taking most of the split out wide TE looks.  I'm not sure Jenkins is a good inline TE.  

I still would cut Bostick in a second for ASJ, since the upside is much higher.  There is also downside with his off the field issues, but in terms of cost, it shouldn't be much.  Same goes for Josh Gordon, lol, if he's available dirt cheap, I'd be all over picking him up (He's not available cheap, reportedly Browns wanted 2nd rd pick for him).

Archived