Patriots' hot start isn't frustrating division rival Jets

Gas2No99

Patriots' hot start isn't frustrating division rival Jets

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. – New York Jets coach Todd Bowles refused to be drawn into commenting on the rival New England Patriots' victory Thursday night over the Houston Texans and their 3-0 start without the suspended Tom Brady.

Asked if it was demoralizing to see the Patriots winning with rookie quarterback Jacoby Brissett, Bowles said he didn’t watch the game, and “it probably wouldn’t have been demoralizing one way or the other, because we play Kansas City.’’

Receiver Brandon Marshall’s face twisted uncomfortably when asked if he watched the Patriots’ game.

“A little bit of it,’’ he said. “I had to turn the game off, it was disgusting.’’

Disgusting?

“Coach [Bill) Belichick’s really good,’’ Marshall said with a laugh. “Obviously, they’re in our division. They’re in our division, so you’re watching, and you see what’s going on. And I just thought, more so on the Houston Texans side, they have a lot of good guys, there are a lot of good coaches there, I’m familiar with a lot of those guys. So I expected them to come up strong. As a fan – from a fan’s perspective, I wanted to watch a good game; I wanted to be entertained. So when it’s 27-0, it’s not really fun watching those games.’’

Pressed on how depressing it must be to watch the Patriots continue to win, regardless of who is or isn’t in their lineup, Marshall retorted, “I don’t give a D – Can you fill in? – about the Patriots. I just care about the Jets. It’s all about us.’’

Asked if he was at least looking forward to playing New England twice later in the season, Marshall insisted he is “focused on Kansas City right now.’’

“I’m not even thinking about [the Patriots] right now, because I don’t think we play them till the end of the season, like November-December,’’ he said. “But it’s obvious that we have to win our divisional games and we have to win AFC games to be in position. I think about that, but I don’t think about these other teams until I get there.’’

Marshall (knee, foot) practiced for the first time all week, on a limited basis and was listed as questionable by Bowles for Sunday. Linebacker David Harris (shoulder) also practiced on a limited basis and is also listed as questionable, as is linebacker Erin Henderson (foot), who did not practice. Receiver Eric Decker (shoulder) and guard James Carpenter(calf) practiced fully and will play. Third-string quarterback Bryce Petty(shoulder) is running, Bowles said, but he hasn’t seen him throw the ball hard yet. The coach said he expects Petty to return “hopefully within the next two weeks.’’

Tone of the article sounds like that *$$clown Cimini should have written it !

" Was it demoralizing when ... ?"

" Pressed on depressing it was to see ... "

F you d**sh ... Bowles & Marshall never indicated they , or their team, were either

It really does not matter if the Jets can't win games and the good thing about the pat* wins is that Brady can't be all butt hurt "us against the world" the "NFL screwed us" and "we must have revenge" when he returns, expectation will be higher and if his age finally starts to show, look out below...

41 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

It really does not matter if the Jets can't win games and the good thing about the pat* wins is that Brady can't be all butt hurt "us against the world" the "NFL screwed us" and "we must have revenge" when he returns, expectation will be higher and if his age finally starts to show, look out below...

His age has to start to show at some point very soon. I mean he's old. Coming in cold from 4 weeks out of practice sounds daunting to an aged QB. 

57 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I'm sure Brady will suck when he returns.

With all the intangibles at his bequest, Brady will play competitively until he's 45. He really hasn't lost much over the last 3-4 years.  He's healthy, has a hot model wife and his ego is firmly supplanted.  This is NOT Peyton Manning whose body was falling apart at the seams the last few years.  All that's left for him to accomplish is to be the winningest SB QB ever. But he'll never be better than Joe Montana. ?

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

With all the intangibles at his bequest, Brady will play competitively until he's 45. He really hasn't lost much over the last 3-4 years.  He's healthy, has a hot model wife and his ego is firmly supplanted.  This is NOT Peyton Manning whose body was falling apart at the seams the last few years.  All that's left for him to accomplish is to be the winningest SB QB ever. But he'll never be better than Joe Montana. ?

One huge bone crushing sack by Leo the Lion could change all of this in a split second.

We don't play them until Nov 27 so the Jets CS isn't worried about them. They probably figured all along that we would be competing for a wildcard anyways. As for Jimmy G and getting a first round pick for him. Kind of doubtful and he isn't going to probably get another chance to prove himself until they trade him. 

27 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets HC, the staff and the players have their heads screwed on right.  They are looking to the opponent ahead not to mythical debates from writers or the fans.

This is something BB has done over the years (despite the cheating) and it has made him quite successful as a HC......

Exactly. Jets CS are about winning their games which will help out the Jets rather than the Patriots losing games. If we're busy losing as well then it doesnt matter what the Patriots are doing.

We all hoped that the Pats go 2-2 or less during Brady's 4 game suspension but I think we all had in the back of our minds that the Patriots could also go 3-1 or 4-0. 

Win our games and we win the division, or we can continue on with needing a win and some help in week 17. 

This team is too talented for this. I would assume that the Pats beatwriters and fans dont concern themselves with their division rivals losing games because they're used to their team winning their games. 

Winning is the cure-all. If we go 12-4 then it wont matter what any other team does because we secured a playoff spot and possibly the division. 

12-4. 

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

His age has to start to show at some point very soon. I mean he's old. Coming in cold from 4 weeks out of practice sounds daunting to an aged QB. 

Wishful thinking but we all know he's gonna come in pissed. He has a QB that's breaching his territory. He has every motivation to light it up and I wouldn't put it beyond him to do so. 

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Manning hit a wall last year after having a near MVP type season the year before. Brady might have a solid year or two left but he will hit that wall. It could be this year or next but it won't be after 6 years.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Wishful thinking but we all know he's gonna come in pissed. He has a QB that's breaching his territory. He has every motivation to light it up and I wouldn't put it beyond him to do so. 

I know people keep saying it, and are wrong but every year the people are closer to being right. At age 40 Brady's pretty close to being done. That's just a fact. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

They will trade either Garrapalo or Brisset for a 1st round pick if this continues... 

It strikes me that trading for one of Beli's QBs is a bit like buying a tennis racket from Djokovic ... it looks great when he has it, but in another's hands it's just another racket.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

They will trade either Garrapalo or Brisset for a 1st round pick if this continues... 

If Garofalo doesn't play another game you may be right. Someone will be dumb enough to do it. 

Brissett threw for 100 yards. No one is giving anything to them unless they want to turn him into the next Edelman.  

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

We don't play them until Nov 27 so the Jets CS isn't worried about them. They probably figured all along that we would be competing for a wildcard anyways. As for Jimmy G and getting a first round pick for him. Kind of doubtful and he isn't going to probably get another chance to prove himself until they trade him. 

When does he become a free agent? Could Mac be enticed to steal Garp away?  If Brady continues to play, which I think he will, it makes Garp expendable. 

4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

When does he become a free agent? Could Mac be enticed to steal Garp away?  If Brady continues to play, which I think he will, it makes Garp expendable. 

The thing is would they jump on Jimmy over our developmental Qbs off of only one good start. Anyways he is signed through the end of 2017 and is on his rookie contract. 

5 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I know people keep saying it, and are wrong but every year the people are closer to being right. At age 40 Brady's pretty close to being done. That's just a fact. 

He's 39. But yeah, at 40, he'll be dead, or close to. 

Archived