Jets need a statement game

Jetster

Winning on a short week on the road last Thursday was a great start after giving Cincy a W by leaving 4 gimme points on the field but our Jets need more.  It's time to beat a team that had a winning record last year. And, it's time to give notice to the rest of the league that the Jets are as formidable as any of the top teams in this league.

Its starts Sunday vs a team missing 2 of their offensive guards and another trying to play on a painful high ankle sprain. It's time like this when the strength of your team takes advantage of the opposing teams weaknesses. Our Dline has NO EXCUSE not to dominate on Sunday & wreak havoc. If they don't then we're building this team in the wrong manner based on how games are won & lost in this era of football. Why waste 1st round picks and pay so much money to a guy like Mo if it means nothing on Sundays. The Pats do a LOT MORE with less up front, and have most of their talent at LB & in the secondary. 

It's time for our big boys up front to make some splash plays. Strip sack, fumble recovery, scoop & score. Houston pretty much stifled this Chief offense & had some Chief fans calling for Nick Foles for gods sake. I expect A LOT from 3 first round picks, and 3 guys that could make the probowl. Especially when the other team is short handed on the Oline. I'll be incredibly disappointed if KC has a high % of conversions on 3rd down, or this dink & dunk offense gets a huge splash play down field on us. 

Its time for this defense to step up, I have to say I'm not a huge Kacey Rogers fan yet, the jury is still out on him in my mind. Too many wide open receivers & big plays given up for my liking in the 1st two games. It's adjustment time, and I want to see some improvement.

Go Jets.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I don't care if they have to run the Annexation of Puerto Rico, as long as they win.

Yeah, I would agree of course, but Jetster is right. The strength of our team is the D line. If that can not win us a few games almost single handedly, especially against teams with ailing O lines, then we are misguided in our approach.

I can give the D line a pass last week as they more than likely played a contain game with Tyrod. Alex Smith, while a decent runner in his own right, should be running for his life on Sunday. The chiefs are good. This should be a good game, but I am looking for our D line to be nothing short of traumatizing for the Chiefs offense. If not then it will be an alarming realization that we have over estimated expending so many resources into the group.

That being said... Let's Kill these pieces of dog Sh*t!!!

I agree -- this one would be the statement win that the Jets and Bowles desperately need (thought they had it week 16 against the Pats last year, but that was undone the following week)..  On the road in a tough place to play against a playoff team from last year, these are the type of games you need to be able to win if you want to be considered a contender.

Go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs, and I will believe in this team.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I agree -- this one would be the statement win that the Jets and Bowles desperately need (thought they had it week 16 against the Pats last year, but that was undone the following week)..  On the road in a tough place to play against a playoff team from last year, these are the type of games you need to be able to win if you want to be considered a contender.

F*UCK YEAH!!! 

What he said ^^^

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Exactly where I stand. We have some information from the first 2 games, but it's a bit inconclusive. A win in KC would do a lot to bolster my confidence.

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah, I would agree of course, but Jetster is right. The strength of our team is the D line. If that can not win us a few games almost single handedly, especially against teams with ailing O lines, then we are misguided in our approach.

I can give the D line a pass last week as they more than likely played a contain game with Tyrod. Alex Smith, while a decent runner in his own right, should be running for his life on Sunday. The chiefs are good. This should be a good game, but I am looking for our D line to be nothing short of traumatizing for the Chiefs offense. If not then it will be an alarming realization that we have over estimated expending so many resources into the group.

That being said... Let's Kill these pieces of dog Sh*t!!!

I don't believe in the 'need' for statement games. Just win. When the Jets get good at that, then maybe we can split hairs over the nuances of how well they won.

For now, just win. Ugly or pretty. Get the W and be even better next week.

This Jets team can win a shootout. So far this year the secondary has let the team down. A win here will let NE know that this will not be gimme games this year either. The D line has the talent and I am sure that it will show its teeth on Sunday. Kacey Rogers does have some work to do.

with the debut of Jordan Jenkins even more speed should come from the LB position. Robby Anderson should also get some playing time. Go Jets

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Winning on a short week on the road last Thursday was a great start after giving Cincy a W by leaving 4 gimme points on the field but our Jets need more.  It's time to beat a team that had a winning record last year. And, it's time to give notice to the rest of the league that the Jets are as formidable as any of the top teams in this league.

Its starts Sunday vs a team missing 2 of their offensive guards and another trying to play on a painful high ankle sprain. It's time like this when the strength of your team takes advantage of the opposing teams weaknesses. Our Dline has NO EXCUSE not to dominate on Sunday & wreak havoc. If they don't then we're building this team in the wrong manner based on how games are won & lost in this era of football. Why waste 1st round picks and pay so much money to a guy like Mo if it means nothing on Sundays. The Pats do a LOT MORE with less up front, and have most of their talent at LB & in the secondary. 

It's time for our big boys up front to make some splash plays. Strip sack, fumble recovery, scoop & score. Houston pretty much stifled this Chief offense & had some Chief fans calling for Nick Foles for gods sake. I expect A LOT from 3 first round picks, and 3 guys that could make the probowl. Especially when the other team is short handed on the Oline. I'll be incredibly disappointed if KC has a high % of conversions on 3rd down, or this dink & dunk offense gets a huge splash play down field on us. 

Its time for this defense to step up, I have to say I'm not a huge Kacey Rogers fan yet, the jury is still out on him in my mind. Too many wide open receivers & big plays given up for my liking in the 1st two games. It's adjustment time, and I want to see some improvement.

Go Jets.

I've been saying all along that all Bowles has proven is that the Jets can beat non-playoff teams, save for that win over the Pats last season (not to downplay it, but we beat the Pats once a year). We need a win over a playoff team to gain credibility (not to mention stay in the playoff race).

9 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I've been saying all along that all Bowles has proven is that the Jets can beat non-playoff teams, save for that win over the Pats last season (not to downplay it, but we beat the Pats once a year). We need a win over a playoff team to gain credibility (not to mention stay in the playoff race).

We don't beat the Pats once a year. That's a misconception that started during the "Rex always plays the Pats the best" narrative development.

Reality is, when Rex had Mangini's team in 2009-2010: we beat the Pats in 2 of 4 regular season matchups, then again the playoffs. After Rex started hand-picking players and all those solid veteran leaders like T-Rich, Ellis, etc. were gone, Rex lost 7 out of 8 contests to the Pats. The one additional win he had against the Pats was in overtime.

In total, Rex won 4 out of 13 matchups vs. the Pats. So, not to sound prickly, but we don't beat them every year. If you go back even further into the Mangini and Herm years, it's just as bad.

Bowles can only win the games on his schedule. Playoff or not, there's no such thing as a gimme. The guy has room to improve, but remember how young in his HC career he is. I think he's off to a better start that many of the great one at this stage. There's need and room for improvement. 

Playing in the same division as the Pats, we need to win every week. No matter who we face. If we want this division, that's that pace and margin for error we have. **** angling for the wildcard after 2 weeks. I want the division.

1 hour ago, ljr said:

How many OG's does KC use?

They played with 2 backup guards last week & 1 of the backups got hurt & is OUT for this game forcing one of those starters to play with a high ankle sprain ( that starter is listed as questionable) and all of us have seen how physically debilitating high ankle sprains are. My point is that our big 3 up front have to set the tone for this game and put doubt in KCs mind that they can match the Jets overall physically. You win on the road in the trenches. 

All things considered this really feels like the right test for this team coming at the right time.  Are we out of it if we lose? No I don't think so.  Are we favorites for a playoff berth if we win yhis week?  Probably not given the week-1 loss to the Bengals but I believe the path for us still lies directly through New England and I find it difficult to think that the Pats are as good as they appear to be right now.

I think gravity kicks in at some point up in Foxboro.  Maybe Brady loses one or two when he gets back and there are grumblings of a QB controversy up there. Wouldn't that be fun?  New England fans are certainly stupid enough on the whole to go that way. 

If we win enough games early then our fate will still be in our own hands late and I really like the way our team plays against the Pats.

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

All things considered this really feels like the right test for this team coming at the right time.  Are we out of it if we lose? No I don't think so.  Are we favorites for a playoff berth if we win yhis week?  Probably not given the week-1 loss to the Bengals but I believe the path for us still lies directly through New England and I find it difficult to think that the Pats are as good as they appear to be right now.

I think gravity kicks in at some point up in Foxboro.  Maybe Brady loses one or two when he gets back and there are grumblings of a QB controversy up there. Wouldn't that be fun?  New England fans are certainly stupid enough on the whole to go that way. 

If we win enough games early then our fate will still be in our own hands late and I really like the way our team plays against the Pats.

The Pats aren't this good. They've played the sh*tty Dolphins, and two coaches that decided not to prepare, one of which has a good team, and the other leading a bad team.

They beat one relevant team. The Cardinals, and the it took a missed field goal to get it done. Despite the fact that the Cards played awful football, because it was week 1. Line them up against teh Cardinals right now. See what happens.

KC is not that good plus they are banged up these are the games good teams win lets see if the Jets want to be good team in the NFL 

Gotta love delusional statements like this.

KC has the best winning percentage in the NFL since week 8 of last year.

But according to you, they are not that good.

The defense has been very underwhelming this year.  It's time for them to shut down an opponent and this KC offense happens to be very pedestrian.  If Revis can't shut down a dinged up Maclin then we'll know he's truly regressed to only an above average CB.  If they can't shut down a hobbled Charles and decent but unspectacular Ware, (while getting to a QB who isn't know to be elusive), then I'll start doubting the hype about this all world D-line.  If Kelce gashes us with a huge game then you gotta wonder about Lees progress.

Bottom line is if this D is 75% as good as we thought they would be, they should be able to exert their will on this KC offense.  There is no reason the Chiefs should score more than 17 points. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't believe in the 'need' for statement games. Just win. When the Jets get good at that, then maybe we can split hairs over the nuances of how well they won.

For now, just win. Ugly or pretty. Get the W and be even better next week.

It has all the earmarks for being a statement game.  KC is no slouch. They are among the elite of the AFC with the Pats, Steelers and Bengals who we should have beat. Despite that loss, we played very well on many points but we did have the home field.  KC is a very tough place to play.  Their home record is astonishingly good.  To go there and kick some butt would raise eyebrows around the NFL that the Jets are to be reckoned with. ?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

We don't beat the Pats once a year. That's a misconception that started during the "Rex always plays the Pats the best" narrative development.Reality is, when Rex had Mangini's team in 2009-2010: we beat the Pats in 2 of 4 regular season matchups, then again the playoffs.

Mangini had a rough time beating the Pats when he had a healthy Farvre and the Pats had Cassel and he needed overtime to get 1 win then.. If Mangini was so great what's he doing now??

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Gotta love delusional statements like this.

KC has the best winning percentage in the NFL since week 8 of last year.

But according to you, they are not that good.

Go away DAMMIT no one cares what you think on this board we are JETS FANS here you are a Patriots fan 

We should ALL put you on IGNORE 

YOU are a TROLL

Image result for TROLL PICS

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

B Marshall hasnt officially been ruled out and what about our deep talented WR corps someone needs to step up. 

On inside the NFL they asked him if he would be playing and he smiled and said it was up to Bowles..He's playing he's listed as questionable when does a player listed like that don't play??

49 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

This board is going to be a disaster next week for no good reason . We're playing a very good team in their house, a notoriously tough place to win. It would be nice to win, but silly to expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have injuries on their Oline, Houston is OUT, Hali is banged up, Berry is banged up, they're 30th against the run, they're not a DEEP passing team, we have 3 pro bowlers on our Dline, Revis is a good match up on Maclin, we have Lee & a freaking 1st round safety in Pryor to check Kelsey.

I expect to win tomorrow. Can't be that much louder than TNF in Buffalo. I expect a trench warfare game & I expect our big WRs to move the chains & Forte and Powell to ball out.

They have injuries on their Oline, Houston is OUT, Hali is banged up, Berry is banged up, they're 30th against the run, they're not a DEEP passing team, we have 3 pro bowlers on our Dline, Revis is a good match up on Maclin, we have Lee & a freaking 1st round safety in Pryor to check Kelsey.

I expect to win tomorrow. Can't be that much louder than TNF in Buffalo. I expect a trench warfare game & I expect our big WRs to move the chains & Forte and Powell to ball out.

12-2 last 14 games, 7-0 at home. It will be a nice win, but this place is going to prematurely implode if we lose to a good team in a tough place to play. This is not an easy game, and KC is favored for good reason.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Maybe this is the type of situation they have been saving Powell for. Running and passes out of the backfield.

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

12-2 last 14 games, 7-0 at home. It will be a nice win, but this place is going to prematurely implode if we lose to a good team in a tough place to play. This is not an easy game, and KC is favored for good reason.

You mean like it did after the 1 point loss to Cincy?

5 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Maybe this is the type of situation they have been saving Powell for. Running and passes out of the backfield.

Jets won every game Powell played in last year & Folk pissed away 4 gimme points vs Cincy. Powell could be the difference when he gives Forte some rest.

Archived