Start or sit Marshall?

kevinc855

As much as I want him to play in this critical game I think letting him rest one more week for Seattle is the better long run choice. Let enuwa and decker go 1 and 2 bring in jalin marshal for 3 more and see what the kids got. We could also get Robbie Anderson in the game. 

It's Bowles decision, and Bowles is a Parcells disciple.  Parcells always used to say "there's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured."

Marshall's got a sprained knee, meaning the ligament actually needs time to heal.  He's really injured, and playing can risk further damage.

It's a tough decision, because though sitting him is probably the smart thing, it will severely hurt their chances of winning.  Beating KC at Arrowhead at full strength is tough enough, nevermind trying it without your #1 WR.

28 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

It's Bowles decision, and Bowles is a Parcells disciple.  Parcells always used to say "there's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured."

Marshall's got a sprained knee, meaning the ligament actually needs time to heal.  He's really injured, and playing can risk further damage.

It's a tough decision, because though sitting him is probably the smart thing, it will severely hurt their chances of winning.  Beating KC at Arrowhead at full strength is tough enough, nevermind trying it without your #1 WR.

you don't risk your #1 receiver to win one game at the cost of losing him for many weeks.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

As much as I want him to play in this critical game I think letting him rest one more week for Seattle is the better long run choice. Let enuwa and decker go 1 and 2 bring in jalin marshal for 3 more and see what the kids got. We could also get Robbie Anderson in the game. 

What long run? He played with an elephant foot last year n still came back strong the week after. 

You. Play. Marshall

1 minute ago, Larz said:

he practiced full on friday, he's a go

Really?  I thought he was limited on Friday.  And since then has said he's not where he wants to be (health wise).  

I'd still bet he plays even with a limited session Friday, but if he actually had a full day Friday, then yeah, he should definitely play.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Really?  I thought he was limited on Friday.  And since then has said he's not where he wants to be (health wise).  

I'd still bet he plays even with a limited session Friday, but if he actually had a full day Friday, then yeah, he should definitely play.

FP

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

he practiced full on friday, he's a go

Cool, sit Marshall if there's a risk of injury. Enunwa #2 and J Marshall at #3. Heavy doses of Forte and Powell. Control the clock, don't give up big plays (don't have Revis cover Maclin 1 on 1 without help) and I think we can pull this out

First, we don't know  the extent of Marshall's situation.  Can't  know exactly how bad, or good, he is.

For me, with a knee or hammy injury, the answer is always SIT until close to 100%.

Less than 100% with a leg injury leaves a player susceptible to re-injure it worse, to injure something else entirely from compensation, or to be a notch above useless.

Honestly, what good is an injured WR anyway?  You all saw Decker play at less than 100% 2 years ago.  And Gronk 2 days ago... RG3 in the playoff game?

How'd those work out?

5 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Cool, sit Marshall if there's a risk of injury. Enunwa #2 and J Marshall at #3. Heavy doses of Forte and Powell. Control the clock, don't give up big plays (don't have Revis cover Maclin 1 on 1 without help) and I think we can pull this out

If Marshall can't go, Anderson will get the start.  Jalin Marshall isn't an outside receiver and the Jets like Enunwa in the slot.

The Jets Receivers (starters) are getting older They need to figure a way to get guys like Anderson and Peake more snaps to take some of the pressure off so we don't wear our our more experienced guys at the end of the season when games will have much more meaning depending on how the season goes of course.

Anderson is the real deal IMO, maybe taking some snaps from Marshall this week would help Marshall recover and him (Anderson) get more experience. Other teams are using their young receivers no reason why we shouldn't be using them as well.

Same with Forte ...He's on pace for over 400 touches and that's ridiculous when we have a solid back up in Powell and another promising back in Pope. .

This team has enough talent that we don't have to be relying so much on our older players wearing them out in the process.

When asked if he was playing on Inside the NFL, Brandon had a huge sh*t eating grin on his face saying, "it's Todd Bowles decision". If I were a betting man I'd say he's playing & this was all gamesmanship forcing KC to look at tape of Anderson & Jalin. Just to waste their time.

Jets also need this game as we already lost to Cincy who will be battling with the steelers all year & might end up with one wildcard. You have KC battling Denver & KC might be the one in a wildcard position. And then there's us looking up at the Pats & fighting for the last wildcard spot if we don't win this game. Believe me, the Jets brass, Bowles & Marshall know this is a big AFC conference game.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

When asked if he was playing on Inside the NFL, Brandon had a huge sh*t eating grin on his face saying, "it's Todd Bowles decision". If I were a betting man I'd say he's playing & this was all gamesmanship forcing KC to look at tape of Anderson & Jalin. Just to waste their time.

Jets also need this game as we already lost to Cincy who will be battling with the steelers all year & might end up with one wildcard. You have KC battling Denver & KC might be the one in a wildcard position. And then there's us looking up at the Pats & fighting for the last wildcard spot if we don't win this game. Believe me, the Jets brass, Bowles & Marshall know this is a big AFC conference game.

Brandon is hilarious on Inside the NFL I loved when He told Micheal Irvin to stop talking about his damn SB rings LOL

Archived