DeShone Kizer

SenorGato

Seems like this guy is going to be a thing for the 2017 draft if he declares. As far as I can tell, he's the most prototypical QB that might be in the draft at 6'4" 230 with all the pre-req physical tools. Seems the knock will be game experience (only his season season as a starter) and, if this keeps up, I guess his team's W-L record. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Seems like this guy is going to be a thing for the 2017 draft if he declares. As far as I can tell, he's the most prototypical QB that might be in the draft at 6'4" 230 with all the pre-req physical tools. Seems the knock will be game experience (only his season season as a starter) and, if this keeps up, I guess his team's W-L record. 

He seems overrated to me, I'd take Kelly over him.  Kizer doesn't look pro ready to me.  

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He seems overrated to me, I'd take Kelly over him.  Kizer doesn't look pro ready to me.  

I refuse to believe in QBs named Chad, but this guy seems way more interesting to me than Watson. I'm just glad there seems to be more names than I thought.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

I refuse to believe in QBs named Chad, but this guy seems way more interesting to me than Watson. I'm just glad there seems to be more names than I thought.

Yeah Kaaya, and a few others will set up a very interesting spring leading up to the draft.  This might be like the Bortles, Johnny crack head, Bridgewater, Carr draft.  And like that draft the Jets took a 2nd rd QB the year before, and missed out on not selecting Bridgewater, or Carr.

On 9/24/2016 at 7:08 PM, SenorGato said:

Meh, he's a baby and he's got some big game and accuracy issues.  He seems to shrink when they need him.  Could be a maturity thing.  I wouldnt declare if I were him, he seems like someone that needs more time in college.  Like Sanchez. 

Right now I like Kaya better and I feel like his time with Richt will help him prepare for the pros. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I doubt you've watched every game of his. He is very raw but the talent and arm are there. He just needs more experience, more reps, and to get as far away from Brian Kelly as possible. 

So  Christian Hackenberg the 2nd.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

So  Christian Hackenberg the 2nd.

Not even close. There is nothing wrong with Kizer's mechanics. He doesn't need to be fixed. He just needs to keep playing. Also, Hack never completed 60% of his passes in a college season ever. Kizer did that freshman year. 

On 9/24/2016 at 7:08 PM, SenorGato said:

Just another Geno clone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/27/2016 at 9:57 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

He could probably use another season in college, as he's very raw and young. But, even now, he'd be a better option than either Petty or Hack.

The guy the Jets could really use from ND is McGlinchey. He's going to be someone's left tackle for the next 12 years.

Agreed.

Too bad he said he's coming back for his senior year :(

On 9/26/2016 at 10:42 AM, Beerfish said:

I have no faith in our team re evaluating QB's at all after last years draft.

There were rumors that we tried pretty hard to move up for Wentz of course no one will ever know how true those rumors were. We passed on Lynch (who would have been my pick of choice) but he didn't look great in his nfl debut. We took Hack who is clearly a project that no one has seen the end result of. I still have faith in our teams ability to evaluate talent under Mac.

Realistically we are probably not going to end up with a top 5 pick in 2017 and the top QB prospects will be out of our grasp, even if they weren't I couldn't see us drafting a top QB anyway. Do you truly believe  that we would go into next season with a rookie, Petty and Hack as our QBs? For rebuilding purposes sure that could work on paper but for Mac and Bowles going into their third season with their careers potentially on the line I suspect they are going to want a veteran backup who has atleast seen some real action in the NFL. I hate to feed into rumors that are already started but Romo as much as i don't want him on our roster does make alot of sense for us if we are looking to be competitive. We probably aim for a Tackle or Corner in the first few rounds of the draft this year we might look for a blocking tight end late and hopefully we take advantage of what should be a fairly good year for RBs.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Kizer is overrated.  If take him as a mid first rounder perhaps or 2nd but from what I saw I'm not crazy about him

Overrated based on what? He has all of the tools and is still learning. He went 9-9 in the 2nd half today. Not sure what you were watching but he played really well. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2016 at 4:37 PM, Tinstar said:

Kizer is like the 4th or 5th option available .

Yeah but he's a qb and the top 3 teams picking (Browns, 49ers and Bears) all need a qb.

Browns are drafting him.  He's the Notre Dame qb and that carries a lot of weight in the midwest that's part of why the browns traded up for Brady Quinn years ago

Archived