This team is very mediocre

jetscrazey

I saw literally the same team I saw in 2014 today.  Swiss cheese secondary that's just as bad as the 2014 secondary but without the injuries.  I never thought I'd say this but they miss Cromartie.  No ability to generate turnovers on defense.  Offense looks like a deer in the headlights.  Still no true franchise QB (Fitz tore up Rex's single-man coverage.  Great, how many other teams will play that?)  Fitz will always be a "hold the fort" guy and nothing more.

I really question the intelligence of the special teams coach because even I noticed in the preseason that Jalin Marshall holds the ball in a way that is susceptible to fumbles, but apparently the coaches never noticed this and made an adjustment to the way he holds it.

Bowles is also one of the worst coaches in the NFL when it comes to making in-game adjustments.  The whole world knew KC was going to look to Kelce in big situations, except Bowles and Rodgers apparently.  They got killed in 3rd down and left the offense with poor field position most of the time.

This team is going nowhere this season.  I just hope we get a chance to see Bryce Petty at some point because that's the only thing I have to look forward to with this team.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I saw literally the same team I saw in 2014 today.  Swiss cheese secondary that's just as bad as the 2014 secondary but without the injuries.  I never thought I'd say this but they miss Cromartie.  No ability to generate turnovers on defense.  Offense looks like a deer in the headlights.  Still no true franchise QB (Fitz tore up Rex's single-man coverage.  Great, how many other teams will play that?)  Fitz will always be a "hold the fort" guy and nothing more.

I really question the intelligence of the special teams coach because even I noticed in the preseason that Jalin Marshall holds the ball in a way that is susceptible to fumbles, but apparently the coaches never noticed this and made an adjustment to the way he holds it.

Bowles is also one of the worst coaches in the NFL when it comes to making in-game adjustments.  The whole world knew KC was going to look to Kelce in big situations, except Bowles and Rodgers apparently.

This team is going nowhere this season.  I just hope we get a chance to see Bryce Petty at some point because that's the only thing I have to look forward to with this team.

It's not the D today but the fact that Fitz can't punch the ball in in the red zone. Yet another red zone INT for him. 

The theme for this Jets team is officially (as you correctly point out in the thread title) is that the Jets can beat non playoff teams, but they can't beat playoff caliber teams like the Chiefs and Bengals. This could be a long season because the schedule is very hard.

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

It's not the D today but the fact that Fitz can't punch the ball in in the red zone. Yet another red zone INT for him. 

Why can't it be both?  The D was constantly getting driven on, putting the offense in horrible field position.  The secondary continues to play off giving up easy first downs.  And no turnovers either.

At best!   Coaching, QB play, even the defense....VERY unimpressed today.....less than 500 team today.   Unless they have some miracle comeback in them now in final 5 minutes they had better somehow find a way to rebound next week vs Seattle and have a surprisingly good game or this team at 1-3 traveling to Pittsburgh then Arizona = nail in the coffin.

27 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Bowles is also one of the worst coaches in the NFL when it comes to making in-game adjustments.  The whole world knew KC was going to look to Kelce in big situations, except Bowles and Rodgers apparently.

Did you not read the 7-9 predictions all over the NFL world or did you think everyone else was the fool?

SAR I

Mediocre is being generous.

The Jets Phins and Bills all suck balls

Everthing is the way supernatural forces demand it to be in the AFCE

NEP 3-0 and the rest 1-2

We will all get old and die and this will not change.

We will will this to our children they will do the same.

Belicheck is faust and will live eternally while taunting us to our grave.

He will continue to take any scrub QB and win 12 games every season and steal a Lombardi every 4-5 years.

It is fate. I accept it.

Can anyone remember a worse statistical day than 18 receptions on 41 attempts including 5 interceptions with 1 TDs?   Just curious.   All the analysts ripped Tebow when he had less than 50% completions etc.....but he won games and never threw 5 picks.  Fitz had 43% completion stats with FIVE picks and ZERO TDs today.   I mean.....wow, what a BAD game.  :-/   bad day to be sure.  Hopefully its an anomaly....if not we may be seeing Smith sooner than we think.   Yikes!  

1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

Can anyone remember a worse statistical day than 18 receptions on 41 attempts including 5 interceptions with 1 TDs?   Just curious.   All the analysts ripped Tebow when he had less than 50% completions etc.....but he won games and never threw 5 picks.  Fitz had 43% completion stats with FIVE picks and ZERO TDs today.   I mean.....wow, what a BAD game.  :-/   bad day to be sure.  Hopefully its an anomaly....if not we may be seeing Smith sooner than we think.   Yikes!  

6. Fitz threw 6 INTs. 

27 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Why can't it be both?  The D was constantly getting driven on, putting the offense in horrible field position.  The secondary continues to play off giving up easy first downs.  And no turnovers either.

What game did you watch? It was 17-0 on turnovers.   All 17.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the Jets offense had to march the entire length of the field all game because their D gave them terrible field position, and got a total gift on the fumble-touchback.  Jets D got killed on Time of possession when it was still a game.  If you think that was a good defensive effort you must have a really low standard.

5 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

And the Jets offense had to march the entire length of the field all game, and got a total gift on the fumble-touchback.  Jets D got killed on Time of possession when it was still a game.  If you think that was a good defensive effort you must have a really low standard.

How many points did they give up? 10. I rest my case

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Smith was 25-33 for 300 yards. Kelsey did his best Gronkowski impression today with ultimate success. KC walked up and down the field at will, as did Cin and Buf, and as will Sea, Ari and Pit leaving us at 1-6 as I thought we would be.

6 ints

8 to's?

Safe to say this was the most unprepared team that played today.

I can never remember in my entire 50 years watching the NFL, a game where 1 team committed 8 turnovers.

Nothing here ever changes..

16 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

1 2 3 4 5  6

15 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I HAVE SAID IT ONCE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN YOU WILL NEVER WIN WITH A MEDIOCRE QB UNLESS YOU HAVE A GREAT DEFENSE AND GROUND GAME. WE DON'T HAVE EITHER.

Agree 100%, however, you cannot have a great ground game without a great OL which we do not have either

6 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Agree 100%, however, you cannot have a great ground game without a great OL which we do not have either

REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A DECENT OFFENSIVE LINE YOU ALSO HAVE THREE PLAYS TO OPEN IT UP.  SCREENS, RB OUT OF THE BACKFIELD AND MOST IMPORTANT A TE OVER THE MIDDLE. WE DON'T HAVE THAT IN OUR PLAYBOOK. A FOUR WIDE OUT OFFENSE WILL DO THAT TO YOU.  THE LB PICKS UP THE LONE BACK AND YOU HAVE 6 DEFENSIVE BACKS VERSUS 4 RECEIVERS.   

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

And the Jets offense had to march the entire length of the field all game because their D gave them terrible field position, and got a total gift on the fumble-touchback.  Jets D got killed on Time of possession when it was still a game.  If you think that was a good defensive effort you must have a really low standard.

And again KC got their first 17 off turnovers.  Your can cry about field position all you want, this game was on the offense.  I know you'll confuse this as a good defensive effort, of course it isn't what i said.  6 INTs, 2 in the red zone and you're blaming the defense?  Lol

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And again KC got their first 17 off turnovers.  Your can cry about field position all you want, this game was on the offense.  I know you'll confuse this as a good defensive effort, of course it isn't what i said.  6 INTs, 2 in the red zone and you're blaming the defense?  Lol

I don't disagree that the offense played like crap and is the primary party to blame for not finishing drives.  It's those who say the defense actually played well I take issue with.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Smith was 25-33 for 300 yards. Kelsey did his best Gronkowski impression today with ultimate success. KC walked up and down the field at will, as did Cin and Buf, and as will Sea, Ari and Pit leaving us at 1-6 as I thought we would be.

6 ints

8 to's?

Safe to say this was the most unprepared team that played today.

I can never remember in my entire 50 years watching the NFL, a game where 1 team committed 8 turnovers.

Nothing here ever changes..

We flat out sucked today.  But for all the yardage smith had 17 points were teed up for them.  

To project this to the rest of the schedule is pointless.  We killed the Bills, they killed the Cards and we should be afraid?  The a steelers sucked today.  Happens.  

The only thing that never changes is the the fans. The ones who think their Jets are the only team that lays an egg when they were convinced the team would go on a roll. 

4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I don't disagree that the offense played like crap and is the primary party to blame for not finishing drives.  It's those who say the defense actually played well I take issue with.

Never said they did but they were nowhere near as bad as the offense,. The offense was embarrassing today.  6 INTs?  How many others dropped?   

The Mets out scored the Jets by 2 TDs. Today. 

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Yet, despite being on the field constantly, they only gave up 10 points. 

Give me a decent QB and I'll take a sloppy d that does that every week.

Archived