Bowles should be blamed

j4jets

23 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I think we were far more humiliated than the Texans n I thought that was horrific. 

We got beat in a hard place to win by the team with the best record in football since week 8 of last week.  

Houston got beat, by a worse score, on national tv by a team with their 3rd string rookie QB.  We weren't close to that kind of humiliation. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowles is a worse game day coach than ******* Herman Edwards.

He really really must love having timeouts in his pocket. The things we don't challenge are absolutely baffling. A possible TD and a touchback instead of the ball on the inch line? Nah, we better not risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

We got beat in a hard place to win by the team with the best record in football since week 8 of last week.  

Houston got beat, by a worse score, on national tv by a team with their 3rd string rookie QB.  We weren't close to that kind of humiliation. 

Yeah, when you omit the details, we weren't. 

We need help from Goodell here.  Bowles is a stubborn mofo.  He's gonna keep playing Fitz no matter what happens.  If 6 INTs and overall horrible play doesn't do it, I don't know what will.  I mean Fitz tried to throw like 10 interceptions, but KC's defense just couldn't handle that many.

Goodell needs to think of something to suspend Fitz for.  Perhaps playing with balls that were over inflated?  

Then we could get a break from Fitz and it would give him an excuse for being so inaccurate.  It'd be a win-win.  

C'mon Goodell, please suspend our "starting" QB.

That said, I'm not advocating firing  anyone.  It's just very reasonable to assume Bowles is a blockhead who can't work his way out of a wet paper bag or learn from his mistakes. 

I don't think he should be fired, either. But someone should turn on the seat warmer.

I agree Bowles should be blamed atleast partially for this loss. Macc should have a talk with Bowles about what needs to be done better and Bowles should use it as a learning experience and use it to grow as a HC.

The guy has been a head coach in the nfl for 1 season and 3 games I am not ready to fire the guy yet.

12 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

We could've gotten this performance from Rex and Geno.

This covers it perfectly, and Bowles held himself, staff and team accountable based on his press conference, this is a strike for sure but I still like the calm let's get back to work mentality as long as we continue to develop the rookies (and find a QB) - this is a rebuild, while staying competitive and the band aid will come off at times, it is what it is 

Browns just purged the roster, kept 14-16 rookies this year and have a bunch of picks next year - we did not want that 

I think Fitz should have been benched but maybe Bowles wanted to show something to the WR fanboys in preparation for the inevitable; Jets will need to see what they have on the bench before the draft

22 minutes ago, no psls said:

OK ; we blame Bowles for this game ; NOW , how do we fix it ?

There's lots of blame to go around. The DC was abused yesterday. Again we couldn't get off the field. Gailey didn't use the running game effectively and had Fitz slinging it all over the place when you could clearly see he was off all day.  The OL played like crap. They couldn't open holes.  Bowles' decision making was again too tentative.  Marshall being allowed to return a kick right after he fumbled was absurd.  He later had Enunwa return. We were out coached badly and were lucky to be in this game at all. So what do we do? We take a deep breath and fix this Swiss cheese defense. That's on Bowles and Rodgers. Sit people, move some around, do something.  Gailey needs to rethink Fitz's strengths and play to them. He is throwing way to much. Powell needs to be used more with Forte. Why they don't do that is just idiotic. And when are they ever going to go for it on 4th and 2 on the opponents 40.  Gee we gained 20 yards on a kick. Bowles is a rookie coach who needs to learn quickly in year 2.

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, when you omit the details, we weren't. 

No details need to be omitted.  Houston should have won, was favored.  We lost to the team with the best record in football since week 8 of last season.  We went into the game as the underdog.  

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

For all the talk about how we are so much more disciplined and organized under Bowles I'm not seeing it

Bowles isn't the answer he cant adjust or change a game plan it was quite obvious yesterday. 

Everyone thought Bruce Ariens had the staff when they went on a lucky run how is Arizona doing this season 

They dont miss Bowles and this team is better off without him.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No details need to be omitted.  Houston should have won, was favored.  We lost to the team with the best record in football since week 8 of last season.  We went into the game as the underdog.  

Again, omitting details makes it sound like any normal loss. It wasn't one by stretch of the imagination. That one game by Sanchez against Bills where he threw 5 picks, I thought that was worse. But even then, Jets were one play away from winning that game. Yesterday? It seemed like we could keep on going with pick after picks after picks. 

6 picks with a pick 6. 

Just now, j4jets said:

Again, omitting details makes it sound like any normal loss. It wasn't one by stretch of the imagination. That one game by Sanchez against Bills where he threw 5 picks, I thought that was worse. But even then, Jets were one play away from winning that game. Yesterday? It seemed like we could keep on going with pick after picks after picks. 

6 picks with a pick 6. 

Where did I come close to saying it was a normal loss, no big deal? But losing this game isn't as bad, who even cares, what's the difference?  Saying it's the worst is one of those goofy things we say when we're pissed.  It's done, we sucked and lost.  Happens, Fitz was as bad as I've ever seen a QB play.  No matter what his disciples think

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey, coach, thanks for the first winning season in 4 years but since we started out 1-2 this season, we're going to have to let you go. Thanks for trying. 

Do you realize how inept that sounds? Just not going to happen guys. 

But it's not just winning and losing. It's game management and adjustments. His defense never seems to adjust. The only reason why the Chiefs stopped scoring yesterday was because they realized that we couldn't score so they shut things down. Kelce would have had 200 yards receiving if the game was close. 

I also can't forget the decision to go for 1 last week. Sure we won, but if we didn't recover the onside kick and ended up losing Bowles could have been fired for that 1 awful decision. 

At this point, I think Bowles is a fine coach, but he is also nothing special. I don't watch games and think "wow, our coaching staff is going to be the difference." 

What about the total lack of a clue defensively. 10 days to plan and they didn't do anything to take away the things that Smith does well. Whenever he had to make a play he made it. KC toyed with the jets today on both sides of the ball. #Embarrassing.

"Doctor, the victim has a broken leg and a gushing arterial wound in his chest!"

"Well we better splint that leg right away"

That's what you're doing here pal.

Archived