Bowles in the postgame presser: "We had a sh*tty game plan...we got our ass kicked"

jetscrazey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im no genius but why not play press coverage, take away the short passes which is all Smith can do, and make the cheifs complete 30 yards passes down the field to beat me.

There was literally no adjustment until it was too late.  Just awful.  They let Alex Smith play his bread and butter game.  Terrible coaching.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles has a game PLAN. As in singular, he is a very stubborn H. He will not bench Fitz if he has three more consecutive games like this.

Not so sure that's true, but whatever...

We as fans have to realize that this is not our job....HC's in the NFL are often like financial advisors.  They get criticized less for 'mistakes' as long as they keep with the standard thinking amongst the experts.  It ain't right, but it is what it is.

Fact of the matter is that Fitz and the Jets won 10 games last year, and he's not going to make the switch unless he honestly feels another QB on the bench is 'better', or the season is lost and he needs to evaluate what's gonna be here next season.

That point hasn't been reached yet, at least in his mind.

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Not so sure that's true, but whatever...

We as fans have to realize that this is not our job....HC's in the NFL are often like financial advisors.  They get criticized less for 'mistakes' as long as they keep with the standard thinking amongst the experts.  It ain't right, but it is what it is.

Fact of the matter is that Fitz and the Jets won 10 games last year, and he's not going to make the switch unless he honestly feels another QB on the bench is 'better', or the season is lost and he needs to evaluate what's gonna be here next season.

That point hasn't been reached yet, at least in his mind.

If Bowles thinks he can just go out there and make the standard football decisions with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB he's going to be gone before 2018.

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im no genius but why not play press coverage, take away the short passes which is all Smith can do, and make the cheifs complete 30 yards passes down the field to beat me.

Not defending the coach, but 4 plays of over 50 yards given up in the last two games kinda demanded it to start. It's the lack of adjustments that was the problem. 

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because with our Revis-led secondary, other teams can actually beat us with 30+ yard passes

Ok I'll say this:

Todd Bowles needs to do more to WIN games. Right now, he's doing just enough to lose them. I don't agree with firing him, but...

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick should have to actually WIN the job and if he ****s up, should be replaced.

2. He needs to do more to get the secondary to play better. They are getting raped every game. and are better than they've shown.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Ok I'll say this:

Todd Bowles needs to do more to WIN games. Right now, he's doing just enough to lose them. I don't agree with firing him, but...

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick should have to actually WIN the job and if he ****s up, should be replaced.

2. He needs to do more to get the secondary to play better. They are getting raped every game. and are better than they've shown.

The secondary really didnt get raped today

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The secondary really didnt get raped today

Hmm, I seem to recall A BUNCH of completed short passes and first downs on 3rd-and-long AND Pryor getting toasted by a TE. What game were you watching? But, perhaps "raped" is too strong, how about "sexually assault with ejaculation"?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How many points did they give up

They gave up what should have been 17 points after adjusting for the gift touchback, they allowed the Chiefs to dominate time of possession, and they gave their offense piss poor field position.

Not good enough.

Archived