KC Observations

KRL

You come off a mini-bye and produce that mess???  Oooh look the Jets just turned the
ball over again, shocking!!!  When is this team going to stop having these "wet the
bed" games???  

Special Teams

- Jalin Marshall had a nice inital KR but his hands are becoming a problem now.
Back to back games with fumbles for "scoop & scores" is not acceptable

- Thanks to Nick Folk for not allowing us to be shutout

- Lachlan Edwards didn't have to punt with the amount of times we turned the ball over

Offense

- EIGHT turnovers, really???  I don't understand why we didn't compete

- Horrible red zone efficiency

- Ryan Fitzpatrick was the biggest culprit today, SIX INT's and three in the end zone.
It's amazing to think if he was more patient we actually had a shot at tying the game
up at 17.  You knew things were headed downhill when Fitzpatrick couldn't take advantage of
the gift we got when Ware fumbled out of the end zone for a touchback

- Nice inital catch by Robby Anderson

- Matt Forte and Quincy Enunwa showed up today, credit to them.  Also credit to Brandon
Marshall for playing and trying to rally the team after the first couple of turnovers

Defense

-The offense was atrocious but the defense doesn't get off the hook, their performance
wasn't much better.  Even though they only allowed 10 points, didn't you know Smith
"dinks & dunks"?  Why was the coverage so soft?  Didn't you know Kelce was his favorite
weapon?  Why was he running free over the middle of the field?  I thought Darron Lee
was drafted for those matchups, where was he?  It reminded me of a Ryan defense

- Bowles it's alright to call timeout at the end of the first half, you can't accumulate
them

- Awful 3rd down efficiency

- Nice debut for Juston Burris with a PBU on a deep pass

QB is the primary issue on this team. Fitz will not improve. He will not get to the playoffs. I don't see the sense in going forth with him. The Jets won't win with him. He cannot get the ball to the speedy WR's. At this point in time he is having issues getting the ball to Decker and BMarsh.

Said it before in another thread, we could not look worse on offense with Bryce playing so lets give him a shot. He will not throw 6 picks. He may throw 4 but not 6 LOL.

Our CS plays scared and is afraid of its own shadow. Where would the Eagles be today if they had our chicken $hit CS?

Get ready for 3 pass attempts in the entire game next week against a superior team and defense.

20 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

QB is the primary issue on this team. Fitz will not improve. He will not get to the playoffs. I don't see the sense in going forth with him. The Jets won't win with him. He cannot get the ball to the speedy WR's. At this point in time he is having issues getting the ball to Decker and BMarsh.

Relax ; Fitz will be back good as new next week ...

images.jpg

Of course that was a game shown in a large portion of the country to reaffirm what most people think about what they see that Jets logo. You can't even call is lovable losers. Most football fans just look at the Jets as completely insignificant, and then they turn on the TV and see that sh*tshow! That truly was worse then watching the Browns this year, the entire team, coaches should be embarrassed by that game. 

All teams lose, the Jets find new & more embarrassing ways to lose in front of the whole country! 8 turnovers,lol, EIGHT! It's like being a fan of the Washington Generals.

42 minutes ago, KRL said:

-The offense was atrocious but the defense doesn't get off the hook, their performance wasn't much better.  

Six years of Chad followed by six more of Sanchez and Geno and we've learned absolutely nothing. This is hands down the dumbest fanbase in professional sports, and we richly deserve every single terrible thing this team does to us.

19 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I assumed the Jets DL would've had a better matchup. After those 7 sacks they haven't been the same.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The back 7 can't cover for $#%^, teams just throw quick screens outside and when they want to throw beyond 5 yards they go max protect.  It's foolproof.

Considering where our offense gave the ball to the chiefs all day, I think the defense did a decent job . We have to stop playing off coverage, and blitz more. Calvin Pryor is not a cover safety and neither is David Harris at lber .   Jets defense is fine

48 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Game was an embarrassment, so many vets on offense for what? Play the kids if the vets are going to have so many dumb mistakes.  

We do have a lot of veterans, but with the exception of Revis, none have any "winning" experience.  Our D line stars have been to zero playoffs.  McLendin has but he isn't the leader here and he wasn't in Pitt.  Mangold, Decker, and Forte have been to the playoffs but it's been so long for any of them.  

Same can be said for our coaching staff.  Bowles went to the playoffs with AZ but got blow out.

Probably a reason the same teams (NE, Pitt, Den go to the playoffs every year and why Balt & KC, when healthy go.

This team doesn't know what it takes to get to the playoffs.  Maybe it's this year's schedule but even if this team plays like last Thursday, the next three games are going to be losses.

58 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Daron Lee had a tremendous game today one of the few bright spots imo

He's gonna be an amazing player when he gets more experience. His closing speed is crazy! Is anyone more unimpressive than Calvin Pryor so far this year? I don't know if it's the scheme or whatever but I thought this would be a breakout season for him & instead it looks like he's regressed. Could be that Bowles & Rogers just can't game plan? Jets need a press corner BADLY! and Revis seriously looks like he's just collecting checks, did anyone see him walking around with a huge smile on his face after that game? I remember when the Pats got azz raped in KC, there were no big smiles on any of their faces, Revis could give too sh*ts about winning anymore. Honestly think he's a bad influence for our younger players, he's never been a leader. He plays with no intensity anymore. I refuse to believe that Bowles can't see that.

Enunwa was terrible today!

he caught a couple balls for 1st downs and would kill himself to get that first down signal out, even though he was down two Tds at the time.

Then he dropped everything thrown to him.  Look, Fitz sucked something terrible but at least two picks came off balls that hit Enunwa in the hands.  

Lots of blame to go around but Enunwa should get his share.  

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick seems to be hiding a shoulder injury nothing went down field with any authority or zip on it . 

Good, maybe we'll see Petty when he's ready. Bowles named Fitz the starting QB in 2016 for the Jets even though he wasn't even under contract. Then he holds out & has that sh*tshow today. Bowles just HAD TO HAVE HIM so yes, it's all Todd Bowles fault what happened in KC today. Everybody can hate Geno all they want but with these weapons if Gailey is gonna just go shotgun & wing it around he might as well let Geno do that so you can actually stretch the defense with Genos arm.

34 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Enunwa was terrible today!

he caught a couple balls for 1st downs and would kill himself to get that first down signal out, even though he was down two Tds at the time.

Then he dropped everything thrown to him.  Look, Fitz sucked something terrible but at least two picks came off balls that hit Enunwa in the hands.  

Lots of blame to go around but Enunwa should get his share.  

calvin pryor shouldn't be in coverage ever again. he is definitely strong safety all the way. got smoked in coverage, started mother ******* him, then bam. he comes in like a human torpedo and stops kc's 4th down attempt. lets keep him making plays like that and not covering 265 pound te's that he cant keep up with

Yes this was only one game but Imeeing a trend here.  Today, playing a team with injuries along the OL and basically inferior talent everywhere but Kelce and Berry and we were never in the game.

Every game we play, we have essentially been the healthier, more talented team yet we can't seem to score in the red zone, keep turning the ball over and can't make 3rd down stops.

Yes we are making great plays, but they are sandwiched between terrible plays.  Potentially, I honestly believe we could beat any team in the league.  I just fear we will never get close to playing to our potential.  

Its like this franchise has forgotten how to win.  Can't really blame them.  Only player to win anything on our team is Revis and he had to do it with the cheaters.

17 minutes ago, ylekram said:

calvin pryor shouldn't be in coverage ever again. he is definitely strong safety all the way. got smoked in coverage, started mother ******* him, then bam. he comes in like a human torpedo and stops kc's 4th down attempt. lets keep him making plays like that and not covering 265 pound te's that he cant keep up with

Why they would put Pryor on Kelice single Coverage is beyond me.   It's not like there is not a years worth of tape to look at showing he can't do it. 

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm a big Bowles fan and supportee but today was simply a horrible gameplan. A game plan not worthy of someone being the head coach of the team. 

Today was awful. I need a Xanax. 

Well I agree to an extent but his defensive game plan was actually good. It was a bend but don't break thing that addressed the problems defensively the past few weeks.

The offensive game plan looked like crap the receivers seemed to be covered. But that said, 6 INTs...no game plan is going to overcome that and two fumbles.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well I agree to an extent but his defensive game plan was actually good. It was a bend but don't break thing that addressed the problems defensively the past few weeks.

The offensive game plan looked like crap the receivers seemed to be covered. But that said, 6 INTs...no game plan is going to overcome that and two fumbles.

We need to take shots deep to back the corners off us in press man. But in order to do that we need a QB that can get them the ball deep.

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Six years of Chad followed by six more of Sanchez and Geno and we've learned absolutely nothing. This is hands down the dumbest fanbase in professional sports, and we richly deserve every single terrible thing this team does to us.

not only does this team and fan base have to deal with bad QB play but we have to deal with dumb coaching as well.

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

- Maybe, just maybe Idzik made a bad decision on draft day in taking Calvin Pryor over Cooks.  Pryor got absolutely roasted

our secondary looks totally confused most of the time. They always seem to be mouthing off to one another and out of position.

I just don't see how this team or any can hide from abysmal QB play. The QB should be able to compensate for team's short comings. The D played well enough to win this game. When the QB play is this bad there is no way to win. Lac could not even get them out of trouble.

Time to move on from this guy if the Jets want any shot at the playoffs.

In all honesty, after a certain point the number of turnovers becomes irrelevant to the outcome of the game. 4, 5, 6 ... you're not going to win anyway. Kind of like last year's Buffalo game, the first INT was the true killer, the other two were the result of desperation more than anything.

To put it another way - 8 turnovers is enough to lose you 4 games, these only lost us 1.

Not excusing anyone, by any means, for losing a game in such a shambolic way, but hopefully this gives EVERYONE - starters, backups, role players, coaches - a thorough kick up the backside that their JOBS are on the line if they don't sort this out PDQ.

I was not feeling good about this game.  The combination of:

• KC being dominant at home
  • KC excellent secondary against a Jet team that is pass first
  • KC short passing game against a Jet team that is just now trying being better to defend that.   

I am apt to blame Woody for this, but the Jets investments in Harris, Revis, Fitzpatrick, Gilcrist and Marshall are not yielding what they should.   We should not overlook the Robinson injury-I think he was going to be an important part of a change of pace power running game.  The secondary and OL need enhancement.  Leave the DL alone.

I think it should be at least 2 years before they think about changing the Management Team here, but Woody needs to let them build a long-term winner.  John Elway was not paying $12mm for medium QB.  Both Petty and Geno had better college resumes than Trevor Siemian.  

11 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Considering where our offense gave the ball to the chiefs all day, I think the defense did a decent job . We have to stop playing off coverage, and blitz more. Calvin Pryor is not a cover safety and neither is David Harris at lber .   Jets defense is fine

The problem is.  With the QB we have and all of the 1st round defensive talent we need the defense to be better than "fine"

Archived