Fitz is who the NFL thought he was. A band aide. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Paradis

You all knew what you were getting when we signed a guy who's career record was 7-35 -- sorry 7-36 now -- against teams .500 or better... You guys are shocked he played this bad? Because, why? He beats up on sh*tty teams here and there? C'mon. Did you really think he was going to flip that record around at 43 years old? 

What you do need to get all over is how the coaching we have seeks to test that resolve rather than work with it. or why our defense isn't able to make plays between the LOS and the first down marker. THAT'S CONCERNING.

Hey, at least its not Geno, who threw up 5 or 6 picks a game, right? No wait. He's never been that bad. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

What is the alternative plan?

Aside for the six of you posting in every thread and having a very public circle-jerk over our loss today.... what is the alternative plan?

Well, we can always begin to consider easing in our first round QB we drafted. I mean, the brass knew this kind of thing was possible with Fitz, so that's why we drafted the future. Right?

Right??

Right..... 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

FitzNation is quiet tonight ..........................  

Personally, I say you can GFY....

There aren't many 'FitzNation' guys as you imagine...just a bunch of us that know despite his deficiencies, he's better than any other HEALTHY option right now as a QB for the NYJ.

You cannot understand the difference unfortunately.

Just because we do not want to see Geno, who blows, does not make us 'FitzNationers'.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Well, we can always begin to consider easing in our first round QB we drafted. I mean, the brass knew this kind of thing was possible with Fitz, so that's why we drafted the future. Right?

Right??

Right..... 

First round?

Hack isn't ready and none of the three of them were first rounders.  Personally i have seen more than enough of Geno to last a lifetime unless the aim of to shoot for 1-15 this year.

Too early for Petty, we are only 1-2 after all but I would give him a crack in the 2nd half if we are out of it

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

There aren't many 'FitzNation' guys as you imagine...just a bunch of us that know despite his deficiencies, he's better than any other HEALTHY option right now as a QB for the NYJ.

Just because we do not want to see Geno, who blows, does not make us 'FitzNationers'.

The sad thing is that you can hear it in their posts.  They are happy this happened because it means they can start new threads complaining about Fitzpatrick.

Lets forget the fact that we were also fumbling all over the place and the defense really couldn't stop a cold out there today.  Let's forget the fact that Bowles did not have this team ready on any level today because it is all about the QB after all.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Agreed, there will be no QB change unless this season goes very badly so wishing for one is not going to make things any better. this team lives and dies with fitz, a change at starter means it's over 

55 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Probably around the same amount of "GenoLovers" I would suggest given that its just a bunch of us that know despite what anyone says about Fitz, he's a wet dream and wasnt worth 12 million dollars to begin with. He's only better than any option now because he's the starter. However, his performance is not only proving that the investment was indeed the incorrect thing to do, not only does his 7-35 record lifetime against 500. or better teams supports that but the fact that we could have saved 12 million and gotten better results than what we seen today by playing Petty on Geno kinda shows that Fitz, no matter if he's "better" isnt worth the contract that he was given, which is truly the point here. 

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

First round?

Hack isn't ready and none of the three of them were first rounders.  Personally i have seen more than enough of Geno to last a lifetime unless the aim of to shoot for 1-15 this year.

Too early for Petty, we are only 1-2 after all but I would give him a crack in the 2nd half if we are out of it

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets didn't draft a QB in the first round. 

You two can see my avatar right? Pretty quick on the draw gents... not only did we NOT draft the guy we should have in the 1st, we took the worst QB in the draft.

But hey, that 2013 Penn state season. man oh man. Legendary

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The sad thing is that you can hear it in their posts.  They are happy this happened because it means they can start new threads complaining about Fitzpatrick.

Lets forget the fact that we were also fumbling all over the place and the defense really couldn't stop a cold out there today.  Let's forget the fact that Bowles did not have this team ready on any level today because it is all about the QB after all.

Your crying is only going to make it worse. Suck it up and move on. There's a long season ahead of us

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Probably around the same amount as the "GenoLovers" I would suggest given that its just a bunch of us that know despite what anyone says about Fitz, he's a wet dream and wasnt worth 12 million dollars to begin with. He's only better than any option now because he's the starter. However, his performance is not only proving that the investment was indeed the incorrect thing to do, not only does his 7-35 record lifetime against 500. or better teams supports that but the fact that we could have saved 12 million and gotten better results than what we seen today by playing Petty on Geno kinda shows that Fitz, no matter if his "better" isnt worth the contract that he was given, which is truly the point here. 

He may not have been worth $12 dollarsw but in the opinion of the coaching staff he was AT LEAST $12 million 2016 dollars better than Geno who that already had for free.

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the Geno alternative.  There is no Geno alternative.  Nobody wants him aside for the six of you.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You two can see my avatar right? Pretty quick on the draw gents... not only did we NOT draft the guy we should have in the 1st, we took the worst QB in the draft.

I have no idea/don't care who is in your avatar. The Jets first round pick has looked pretty solid. I didn't agree with the Hack pick either. Just have to hope Petty gets better soon and he has the goods. He's the only QB on this roster that offers a glimmer of hope. 

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Your crying is only going to make it worse. Suck it up and move on. There's a long season ahead of us

Averaging out two weeks you come out to pretty much the average QB most of us thought we were getting.

For every good week we are likely to have another one of these.

Unless the defense starts playing up to its press clippings we are in the hunt for a top-5 pick.  I really wish we would have started Geno and have said so many times.  With Geno we have a real shot at a top-5 pick.

None of this explains why all of you seem so happy about what happened today.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Probably around the same amount as the "GenoLovers" I would suggest given that its just a bunch of us that know despite what anyone says about Fitz, he's a wet dream and wasnt worth 12 million dollars to begin with. He's only better than any option now because he's the starter. However, his performance is not only proving that the investment was indeed the incorrect thing to do, not only does his 7-35 record lifetime against 500. or better teams supports that but the fact that we could have saved 12 million and gotten better results than what we seen today by playing Petty on Geno kinda shows that Fitz, no matter if his "better" isnt worth the contract that he was given, which is truly the point here. 

Well maybe if Geno had shown that the $12 million was not worth it while Fitz was out?

Like I said, whatever.

But this has descended into an argument over who sucks less at this point...and ain't worth the time, because neither is likely to be here going forward next year anyway.

I just take umbrage at the 'I told you so' crap when he alternative is Geno.  It's ridiculous.

Fitz sucks, Geno sucks and neither is going to be here next season.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Well maybe if Geno had shown that the $12 million was not worth it while Fitz was out?

Like I said, whatever.

But this has descended into an argument over who sucks less at this point...and ain't worth the time, because neither is likely to be here going forward next year anyway.

I just take umbrage at the 'I told you so' crap when he alternative is Geno.  It's ridiculous.

Fitz sucks, Geno sucks MORE and neither is going to be here next season.

Fixed

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Like I said, whatever.

Fitz sucks, Geno sucks and neither is going to be here next season.

Thats what happens when you guarantee a journeyman the starting spot when he's not even on the team but in FA'cy. Geno had nothing to do with that ball drop. 

That was a premature decision made by the front office and cosigned by the coach. You dont do that ever. 

It is indeed "whatever" because there's nothing really much to say after this abysmal performance. 

Anyone still highlighting that Geno is somehow worse will continue to ignore the 12 year vet throwing 6 picks with 3 in the endzone and a pick 6 with 4 others dropped. 

Worse in Jets history. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I have no idea/don't care who is in your avatar. The Jets first round pick has looked pretty solid. I didn't agree with the Hack pick either. Just have to hope Petty gets better soon and he has the goods. He's the only QB on this roster that offers a glimmer of hope. 

no QB on this roster is leading us to the promised land. 

7 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Fixed

does he suck like 6 INTs? Cause that's the most suck. Are you saying he's worse than the most suck? 

Quite frankly for as bad as Geno has been, he's been better than 7-36. Can you deal with that, then come back?

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We get it you are a draftnik who likes to play at being a GM and you are convinced you could do better.  The problem is that like millions of people who play at being a GM and assemble fantasy teams each week How does any of that help this team where it is at now and going into week 4?

Please don't assume that people are spending time trying to decode your avatar.  Some of us have those features turned off to begin with

Just now, Paradis said:

does he suck like 6 INTs? Cause that's the most suck. He's worse than the most suck. 

Quite frankly for as bad as Geno has been, he's been better than 7-36. Can you deal with that, then come back?

He threw three in less than a quarter once before being pulled.  So yes I have seen worse from Geno.

How about no.  The Geno ship has sailed. His job is to carry Fitz jock until Petty is ready.

Can YOU deal with THAT?

Just now, EM31 said:

Please don't assume that people are spending time trying to decode your avatar.  Some of us have those features turned off to begin with

Anyone with a pulse in April knew the Jets were on the dock with Paxton Lynch in the cross hairs. You don't need to be a draft jerk off to make that assessment. 

What's your deal? You got beef about something? Cause i'm just calling it like it is brother. 

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

He threw three in less than a quarter once before being pulled.  So yes I have seen worse from Geno.

So? That's not 6. Fitz threw 3 in a quarter when we were trying to get into the playoffs.

Again, can you deal with that, then come back and talk?

Just now, Paradis said:

Anyone with a pulse in April knew the Jets were on the dock with Paxton Lynch in the cross hairs. You don't need to be a draft jerk off to make that assessment. 

What's your deal? You got beef about something? Cause i'm just calling it like it is brother. 

Every single season tin the last 34 that I have followed the Jets there are constantly people who spend large amounts of time telling anyone who would listen which players we should have take in which rounds. It is all just background noise.  What makes you any different?

20 minutes ago, EM31 said:

its called the internet right victory lap

Archived