Fitz is who the NFL thought he was. A band aide. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Paradis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Every single season tin the last 34 that I have followed the Jets there are constantly people who spend large amounts of time telling anyone who would listen which players we should have take in which rounds. It is all just background noise.  What makes you any different?

coulda woulda shoulda... i'm just glad we drafted a great QB in the first who can help us like Dak is helping DAL right now. That's what's key here, is that our F.O. has build an pyramid of talent starting at the top by taking a great QB in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He's not good but he's our best option. 

I'd rather see Bryce Petty or anyone else to challenge that statement. Because as of right now its nothing but opinion. No other QB has played with this squad of players or this coaching staff. Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing exactly what he did last year, but worse. Atleast he was pretty good in the redzone. Maybe it was because we were going against sh*tty teams the majority of the time. Against the bengals he was 2-5. Against the Bills he was 4-7 which is better, but today he was 0 for whatever the total was with 3 INT's in the endzone. 

Fitz RZ offense is the worst in football right now and he's leading the league for a 2nd year in a row for 4th quarter INT's. Him being our best option is an opinion at best. 

I always felt Fitzpatrick was a C+ QB.  Tonight I have to drop that to a D-.  He has a great personality and the players love him but he's not the QB that will make us successful.  Sure he can throw up good numbers against a lousy team but 10 years in the NFL and not one playoff appearance? 

I always root for the players on my team to do well but I just don't see him doing anything big for us.  I highly doubt any of our other QBs throw 6 INTs in one game.  Even when you watch Fitzpatrick throw you always know where he going because he locks on one receiver. 

If he plays mistake free football we win this game 17-10 or maybe 21-10.  I would have paid Hoyer $4 million to play for us then blow $12 million on Fitzpatrick. 

The only winners when he re-signed where the shmucks who sell Fitzmagic shirts on Facebook or out of the back of their cars.

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Well, we can always begin to consider easing in our first round QB we drafted. I mean, the brass knew this kind of thing was possible with Fitz, so that's why we drafted the future. Right?

Right??

Right..... 

Some how J Brisset, Dak Prescott, and Cody Kessler are capable of looking serviceable, but our 2nd rd QB need 3 years holding a clip board, what a joke.

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not shocked I knew this would happen 

No you didn't. The Pats win games with virtually no one at QB. While its unrealistic to think the Jets should too - I think it is pretty reasonable to think the Jets could have been competitive with Fitz at QB. Fitz wasnt the only problem today. Decker couldnt get open. J Marshall returns kicks like he plays for Dillon Panthers, B Marshall is playing on one leg. Travis Kelce is apparently the second coming of Ozzie Newsome, our fearsome pass rush got no pressure, our GM thought it would be a good idea to sign a RB that needs to be on a pitch count, Pryor still cant hit or cover. The game plan once again made everyone look horrible. When you get beat this bad its never on one player. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i thought Fitz was fully known after 11 years, but apparently you, Mac and half of Jet Nation didn't see the 6 pick night coming. 

See my posts from last week. While others were creaming their pants over AFCOPOTW, I was warning all about what was really going on with this fraud. I've maintained FItz is garbage for quite a while. Even in his so-called "good" games like last week, anyone who understands this game can see he is severely flawed. I'm done with watching him. Enough is enough. Time to move this franchise forward.

If anyone isn't convinced yet, just wait til you see what the Seattle defense does to him.

48 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Personally, I say you can GFY....

There aren't many 'FitzNation' guys as you imagine...just a bunch of us that know despite his deficiencies, he's better than any other HEALTHY option right now as a QB for the NYJ.

You cannot understand the difference unfortunately.

Just because we do not want to see Geno, who blows, does not make us 'FitzNationers'.

You seriously still think that after today? Wow/.

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

See my posts from last week. While others were creaming their pants over AFCOPOTW, I was warning all about what was really going on with this fraud. I've maintained FItz is garbage for quite a while. Even in his so-called "good" games like last week, anyone who understands this game can see he is severely flawed. I'm done with watching him. Enough is enough. Time to move this franchise forward.

If anyone isn't convinced yet, just wait til you see what the Seattle defense does to him.

Tip of the hat to you then, sir. 

Just now, RSJ said:

Yeah thats what I meant. Good reading comprehension on your part.

Reading comprehension, or intuition? I'm not sure you're earning yourself any points with that one. 

Let's just leave it at -- comparing Vinny and Fitz is bad.  

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Anyone with a pulse in April knew the Jets were on the dock with Paxton Lynch in the cross hairs. You don't need to be a draft jerk off to make that assessment. 

What's your deal? You got beef about something? Cause i'm just calling it like it is brother. 

His "deal" is he's spent months calling people Geno jock sniffers, lovers, and a slew of other equally non-creative monikers.

Now that he looks foolish because those same people he made fun of seem to have sorta known what they were talking about, he's in scramble mode.  He hasn't completely abandoned his position but looks like he's making some modifications to it.

55 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Averaging out two weeks you come out to pretty much the average QB most of us thought we were getting.

For every good week we are likely to have another one of these.

Unless the defense starts playing up to its press clippings we are in the hunt for a top-5 pick.  I really wish we would have started Geno and have said so many times.  With Geno we have a real shot at a top-5 pick.

None of this explains why all of you seem so happy about what happened today.

Nobody is happy that the game was so bad today. Some people like to vent, some use humor, but there is not much for any jets fan to be happy about right now. I think you're doing a lot of projecting here because I'm not hearing a lot of happy voices today

Watching Bears-Cowboys and they're talking about Brian Hoyer as a stopgap who, if he gives you anything, is a major plus. Then I'm thinking about all these Jets folks who talk about Ryan Fitzpatrick as part of a Super Bowl formula and I remember that Brian Hoyer is the better player.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Watching Bears-Cowboys and they're talking about Brian Hoyer as a stopgap who, if he gives you anything, is a major plus. Then I'm thinking about all these Jets folks who talk about Ryan Fitzpatrick as part of a Super Bowl formula and I remember that Brian Hoyer is the better player.

INteresting that most people preferred Fitzpatrick over Hoyer. People were going "Brian Hoyer?" ew.

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Reading comprehension, or intuition? I'm not sure you're earning yourself any points with that one. 

Let's just leave it at -- comparing Vinny and Fitz is bad.  

Since you obviously just started watching football a few days ago, you might be interested to know that Vinny was once an 11 year journeyman too. So yeah, its not really that bad.

Archived