Fitz is who the NFL thought he was. A band aide. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Paradis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ok smart guy?  What does having both QBs on the roster have to do with your last post, the one where they could have traded Geno but no one wanted him?  I know better?  Your making shlt up as you go along and spinning in a new direction with every paragraph.  Who said I know more than the FO?  You're the one telling all what they think and why.  You ignore what you don't like and harp on what you want out there.

Youre pissed because your guy has been historically bad in 3 of his last 4 games and just don't like people discussing it.  You revert back to two tried and true droning ideas.  That Geno sucks, can't possibly have improved in two years.  He was the worst ever.  Two years ago.  Ranked th worst QB.  A rookie or 2nd year starter was the worst starter in the league.  Want to take a shot at where they would rank Fitzy today?  An 11 year vet.  Then if anyone complains about 6 INTs, 3 out of 4 lost, etc you whine that they're happy.  Have a sandy vagina.  Good way to turn the focus off Fitz and back at the no nothing fans.  

All this to dance around the fact that Fitz has been horrible in 3 of his last 4 games, leading to 3 losses.  And you don't want to hear it.  

Does he seriously like Fitz? I didn't think anyone liked him, or atleast thought he was actually good. I just thought everyone tolerated him. Somewhat. 

The people that wanted Fitz did so because they felt he was an appreciable upgrade from Geno. The longer it's been since Geno started a game, the worse his legend grows. Now don't get me wrong he wasn't good, no denying that. But he is young and there is always a chance he might improve given his age.

Here's what we know, beyond a shadow of doubt with Fitz-he will occasionally play very very well, usually against a weaker team. He will occasionally play incredibly poorly usually against tougher teams. He fare terribly against teams with good records. He has zero chance of equaling or improving on his career year last year. He faces far more good teams this year than last. We are absolutely destined for 6-8 wins with him at the helm all year. As a team we gain nothing with him as the QB. No appreciable long term benefit.

I was against bringing Fitz all offseason. Rangers9 can attest to that. I don't like Geno at all, and I'm not sold on Bryce. But playing either one at least gives us some answers. If the answer is they both suck at least we know now as opposed to trying to find this out next year, wasting another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Does he seriously like Fitz? I didn't think anyone liked him, or atleast thought he was actually good. I just thought everyone tolerated him. Somewhat. 

No.  Jet Nut just makes up whatever suits him.

I have never claimed Fitz is anything other than average at best.  My claim which seems to mirror most of the "pro Fitz" crowd is that he is significantly better than Geno Smith.  I have seen nothing in the last season and three games to make me change my mind on that score.

It is not and never was the Fitz is THAT GOOD.... It is 100% about the idea the Geno is THAT BAD.

I have also been on record as saying that I think the Jets are not a playoff team with either of them and I prefer Geno to be the starter this year because I feel he would make us a lock for a top-5 pick if not better.  I still believe that.

"Suck with Geno for Luck" or some such.

14 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Great post.  Some think it is impossible for Geno to improve yet some how we should be fine with a 12 year vet making "Geno" like mistakes (locking into his receivers; throwing into double and triple coverage, etc.) every other week.   Add to the fact they are paying $12 million for this... 

Destroy Geno for making mistakes like this, cry that he's the worst ever yet defend Fitz for making the same mistakes.  Amazing.  We have a given going on right before us, have seen it since a year ago.  Refuses to even consider that Geno might have learned a thing or two. After all Fitz is a mentor, didn't he do that part of his job

On 9/25/2016 at 10:25 PM, EM31 said:

What is the alternative plan?

Aside for the six of you posting in every thread and having a very public circle-jerk over our loss today.... what is the alternative plan?

Please do tell. I agree that Fitz is and always has been a BandAid and I would have pulled him Sunday were I the HC. You can't just ride a guy going badly like he was and think he is going to pull himself together. I don't like Geno Smith, but I would have welcomed him with the game still within reach. This is one of the lessons Bowles needs to learn. You have to give winning the game the highest priority.

16 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The people that wanted Fitz did so because they felt he was an appreciable upgrade from Geno. The longer it's been since Geno started a game, the worse his legend grows. Now don't get me wrong he wasn't good, no denying that. But he is young and there is always a chance he might improve given his age.

I don't think Geno can improve that much. I think the game is simply too fast for him, but the OC could taylor a game plan that he could have success in. He has some physical tools, but mentally he "freezes" at times and can't read the defense quickly enough, but when Fitz is playing as badly as he was in KC, I would have liked to see Todd Bowles bench him and put Geno in. He couldn't have been any worse and remember what Herman Edwards said, "You play to win the game." Bowles forgot that on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Please do tell. I agree that Fitz is and always has been a BandAid and I would have pulled him Sunday were I the HC. You can't just ride a guy going badly like he was and think he is going to pull himself together. I don't like Geno Smith, but I would have welcomed him with the game still within reach. This is one of the lessons Bowles needs to learn. You have to give winning the game the highest priority.

I would also have pulled him during that game.  The issue is not that game so much as it is a continuation of the lobbying for Smith to be the starter.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:35 PM, greenwave81 said:

What I find humorous is that we're having these Fitz-Geno discussions, IMO, only because Petty got injured in PS game 4. I still believe Geno would have been cut if Petty didn't get injured. It'll be interesting to see who replaces Fitz when that inevitably happens. JMO

Why do you believe this?

The team named Geno the #2 QB for the season and that's the reason Petty was in the last preseason game (the game in which he got injured). The #1 and #2 QBs did not play PS4. If they were leaning in the direction you claim then Petty would have been on the sideline with Fitzpatrick for PS4.

Why do you believe this?

The team named Geno the #2 QB for the season and that's the reason Petty was in the last preseason game (the game in which he got injured). The #1 and #2 QBs did not play PS4. If they were leaning in the direction you claim then Petty would have been on the sideline with Fitzpatrick for PS4.

I think the Jets just wanted to get Petty some more starting time, figuring that it was worth the small risk of injury since he's never been in an NFL game during the season and it backfired. As I said, that's just my opinion, but watching Bowles stick with Fitz throughout last weeks debacle only made me believe it even more.

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I think the Jets just wanted to get Petty some more starting time, figuring that it was worth the small risk of injury since he's never been in an NFL game during the season and it backfired. As I said, that's just my opinion, but watching Bowles stick with Fitz throughout last weeks debacle only made me believe it even more.

Bowles had already announced Geno was the #2.

Archived