Its Not Just The Players

Smashmouth

Lets put aside that the players, very talented players I might add, STUNK. The fact that Bowles is making the same dumb mistakes he made last year with game management is very alarming. Timeouts and player substitutions are a major concern adjusting to what teams are doing is another big concern because Todd Bowles just does not seem to have a clue. He's like the exact opposite of Rex Ryan and neither side of that coin is effective. I mean can this guy motivate players ? His demeanor makes me want to fall asleep at times . This guy needs a spark up his ass because if we keep having horrible games like this every 3 or 4 games Todd Bowles will be gone. He has the talent to win now. After watching yesterdays game did you wonder how much better this team would be if they had Andy Reid as the HC ?

At what point does a HC tell his OC to STOP attacking the outside when you are being double covered on every single play ? The middle of the field was there for the taking at what point do you take what the other team is giving you FORCING them to re-think their game plan ??

At what point does a HC learn how to conserve clock time that the end of a half ? The Chiefs had a 3rd and 8 with 1:08 left in the half and 3 time outs. As a HC you must assume if you get the stop you can have the ball back with between 50-55 seconds with one timeout and at the very least a chance for a Field goal yet we go into the locker room with all 3 Timeouts ? This is not quiestionable this is DUMB football.

At what point does our secondary not look totally confused out there ?

At what point does the HC hold players accountable for really bad tackling in the secondary ?

At what point does the HC take a rookie out of the fcuking game for his 3rd fumble in 3 weeks ?

At what point does the HC play his promising young receivers more often giving his main vet WR a freaking break ? Decker and Marshall are playing an alarming amount of snaps for their age when we have so much depth at the position.

At what point does Matt Forte get injured or beat up because he's heading for 400 touches.

On my last 2 points it seemed Powell got a few more touches and we had no choice but to take Marshall out for a few plays but there he was limping on the next series most likely extending his injury into next week.

Robbie Anderson made a beautiful Adjustment to a bad throw by Fitz and continues to prove he's the real deal yet I'm willing to bet he saw less than 10 snaps.

Where were Peake and Anderson on our goal line play's ? They both showed the ability to bring down tough catches in the endzone in preseason and they are both tall WR's yet Jalin "drop/fumble" Marshall got all the reps at the goaline ? Tell me WTF is going on here ?

Bowles does not seem to coach with any common sense at all and its beginning to get really old. Since Bowles and Macc seemed to be hired at the same time I'm guessing Macc had no say in his hiring no matter what crap you read or what Macc says to cover it up. If Bowles does not get his sh*t together I hope Macc has the balls to make a change because teams with this much talent should never EVER look as bad as we looked yesterday. No more excuses.

My impression of Bowles is this ...the guy seems smart and seems to say all the right things but that does not translate onto the field at all. He's making mistakes you would not expect from a High School coach and he's not adjusting to anything. It was obvious to me the KC Chiefs  game plan was to take away what we did to the Bills last week. They took away our outside and intermediate passing game and they never waivered since we never adjusted. At what point do you say lets attack the short middle of the field and use some short slants getting the ball out quick and working our RB's over the middle as well ? Did Andy Reid ever have any reason to change his game plan when we played right into it ? Nope. I wouldn't, would you ? Main problem I have is we saw all of this last year as well, and nothing is changing including the very poor use of timeouts.

Keep in mind Im not using only yesterdays game in my evaluation of Bowles I had these feelings about him from last year but was willing to give the first time HC a break to see if he could adjust and this game was a tipping point for me even with the players and the QB totally sh*tting the bed.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. How many points did the defense give up? 10. I rest my case.

2.The offense stunk. Mostly because the players stunk. Ryan Fitzpatrick has audible power. If he sees, the calls aren't working, he can audible to different plays. That's the whole point of having audibles. Given the way the offense stunk, I'm not surprised he didn't go for it at the end of the half.

3. If you want to bench Jalin Marshall, he never learns. Tiki Barber.

This is a vast overreaction. Not because Bowles is perfect, he does make mistakes but because there are many assumptions and contradictions here. 

Right now Bowles is 11-8 with 13 games left to go this season. This is a big week for him and will tell us a lot about him as a coach.

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2.The offense stunk. Mostly because the players stunk. Ryan Fitzpatrick has audible power. If he sees, the calls aren't working, he can audible to different plays. That's the whole point of having audibles. Given the way the offense stunk, I'm not surprised he didn't go for it at the end of the half.

HC's coach more than just the defense they coach the entire team including Special Teams and Offense both of which needed some adjustments yesterday and in past games. This is not an over reaction and this IS NOT just about yesterdays game its about a head coach making the same mistakes over and over and the glaring one is clock management.

We have extensive depth at the WR position and yet we still see balls being thrown at Jalin Marshall who drops numerous passes and fumbles on special teams. While a player like Robbie Anderson who showed much more promise at the position through out the pre season and in training camp rides the bench. What is so special about a rookie who makes mistake after mistake while the other rookie who shoes NONE of those tendencies and is 4 inches taller yet gets no red zone reps ? At what point do you sit Marshall to at least send a message to a very talented kid that giving the ball away and dropping it over and over  IS NOT AN OPTION in the NFL.

In the case of Fitz he played a terrible game no excuses here but if there is any defense of him at all we kept calling the same plays into the teeth of their defense with no change the entire game. Fitz did have some pressure in the pocket and at some point the smart thing to do was to just throw the ball away if there was no other option other than to force the ball into double and triple coverage. Based on the time he had there was no other option. That's not a defense of Fitz because in the end he still made the bad decisions and bad throws so rather than trying to make it happen he should have just thrown the ball away.

What Im asking is to look at the entire body of Bowles work over the last year + and you see the same major issues. No Adjustments and horrible clock management.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

HC's coach more than just the defense they coach the entire team including Special Teams and Offense both of which needed some adjustments yesterday and in past games. This is not an over reaction and this IS NOT just about yesterdays game its about a head coach making the same mistakes over and over and the glaring one is clock management.

We have extensive depth at the WR position and yet we still see balls being thrown at Jalin Marshall who drops numerous passes and fumbles on special teams. While a player like Robbie Anderson who showed much more promise at the position through out the pre season and in training camp rides the bench. What is so special about a rookie who makes mistake after mistake while the other rookie who shoes NONE of those tendencies and is 4 inches taller yet gets no red zone reps ? At what point do you sit Marshall to at least send a message to a very talented kid that giving the ball away and dropping it over and over  IS NOT AN OPTION in the NFL.

In the case of Fitz he played a terrible game no excuses here but if there is any defense of him at all we kept calling the same plays into the teeth of their defense with no change the entire game. Fitz did have some pressure in the pocket and at some point the smart thing to do was to just throw the ball away if there was no other option other than to force the ball into double and triple coverage. Based on the time he had there was no other option. That's not a defense of Fitz because in the end he still made the bad decisions and bad throws so rather than trying to make it happen he should have just thrown the ball away.

What Im asking is to look at the entire body of Bowles work over the last year + and you see the same major issues. No Adjustments and horrible clock management.

And yet he took a team who had the #6 overall pick and almost got us into the playoffs his rookie year as a head coach. He has some things he needs to work on he is still pretty new at this job.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Rides the bench? He played yesterday. 

Fitz can audible out of plays if he thinks they wont work.

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is a vast overreaction. Not because Bowles is perfect, he does make mistakes but because there are many assumptions and contradictions here. 

Right now Bowles is 11-8 with 13 games left to go this season. This is a big week for him and will tell us a lot about him as a coach.

If you think I'm over reacting that's fine and its a valid opinion but I made a lot of points that you did not address. If you have problems with the points I made then address them because blanket statements like.... Ive made contradictory statements or assumptions don't make your argument for you.

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

And yet he took a team who had the #6 overall pick and almost got us into the playoffs his rookie year as a head coach. He has some things he needs to work on he is still pretty new at this job.

You know who else is new at his Job ? Mike Zimmer and his team looks a hell of a lot more disciplined and prepared than we do. Why is he not making those dumb mistakes. You should watch him sometime

35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I've seen this Tiki Barber thing being thrown around since last night , not every young player who fumbles is Tiki Barber, it's an absurd comparison , J Marshall is not Tiki Barber , stop it ..so every young player on every NFL team now should be allowed to fumble at will because once apon a time Tiki Barber fixed his fumbling problem ? It's a laughable argument. He's an undrafted rookie who at bare minimum should be benched , and the argument can be made should be cut outright or put on the PS...players much more talented with much more potential have been benched and cut for less by successful coaches and organizations .

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I've seen this Tiki Barber thing being thrown around since last night , not every young player who fumbles is Tiki Barber, it's an absurd comparison , J Marshall is not Tiki Barber , stop it ..so every young player on every NFL team now should be allowed to fumble at will because once apon a time Tiki Barber fixed his fumbling problem ? It's a laughable argument. He's an undrafted rookie who at bare minimum should be benched , and the argument can be made should be cut outright or put on the PS...players much more talented with much more potential have been benched and cut for less by successful coaches and organizations .

whats even more funny is Barbers fumbling problem was much different he was holding the ball high because players were knocking it out from behind him since he held the ball low that is a totally different scenario than what Marshall is dealing with which is coming from right in front of him on ST returns

what is likely to be one of the worst performances of any quarterback this year, if not the worst. He finished 20/44 for 188 yards with 6 interceptions and 0 touchdowns. What else happened in a sobering reality check for the now 1-2 Jets? 

Not much. They started sluggish on both sides of the football but Kansas City did not get on the board until the Jets began handing them the football. The Chiefs first touchdown came on a short field after a Fitzpatrick interception. Their next 3 points came after a Bilal Powell fumble (when it appeared he was down) and their next 7 came when Jalin Marshall went Joe McKnight Butt-Fumble on a kick return for a Kansas City touchdown.

This was not a banner day for the defense by any means. They were reactive, didn’t force any turnovers and rarely set the Jets up with favorable field position. However, at the end of the day, they allowed 10 points. The Jets special teams allowed 7 points and never flipped field position. Their offense handed over a pick six and threw two interceptions in the red-zone when the score was 17-3.

Losses like this have many culprits. Jalin Marshall failed today and should not be the kick returner for at least a few weeks. The secondary, namely Calvin Pryor, could not stop Travis Kelce. Darrelle Revis was beaten multiple times by Chris ‘freakin Conley. Chan Gailey should have ran the ball more in the red-zone. Todd Bowles should have coached more aggressively.

Yet, let’s not beat around the bush. The Jets primary culprit today was their quarterback, who was dreadful not just with his turnovers but by regularly leaving big plays on the field. Robby Anderson had a touchdown turned into a 26 yard catch because the ball was behind him. Brandon Marshall had a touchdown turned into a pass interference penalty because the ball was behind him. You can’t overcome leaving touchdowns on the field, like you can’t overcome eight turnovers. EIGHT!

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/09/initial-reaction-dumpster-fire-fitztragic-leads-pathetic-jets-effort/#more-33874

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

You know who else is new at his Job ? Mike Zimmer and his team looks a hell of a lot more disciplined and prepared than we do. Why is he not making those dumb mistakes. You should watch him sometime

IDK maybe he is the next BB, maybe his team is just better than ours? The fact that in three games  his team has looked good means very little in comparison. 

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rides the bench? He played yesterday. 

Fitz can audible out of plays if he thinks they wont work.

Robbie Anderson has about 16 or so total snaps this season 4 in game 1... 6 in game 2.... and I'm guessing about 6-8 yesterday not really sure cant find any snap info as of yet ...yesterday he had 2 targets and he caught them both making a great catch on an underthrown ball adjusting like a top notch WR should. He was not in at the goal line where he showed the most promise in preseason and while Marshall hobbled all over the field you would have expected to see more of Anderson and you simply did not. That's dumb coaching and dumb game planning.

28 minutes ago, Jolot said:

How do you know? Just like a baseball rookie struggles early on in his career, you need to give him time. Now, if he doesnt show improvement, then you can cut him.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How do you know? Just like a baseball rookie struggles early on in his career, you need to give him time. Now, if he doesnt show improvement, then you can cut him.

I don't know , it's just percentages , sorta like waiting for your career journeyman stopgap QB to turn into Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon ...when history says the overwhelming majority of them are just Sean Salsbury

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

yeah but like others have said you need to send the kid a message if this were Parcells his ass would have been on the bench after the first fumble. He has not been a good receiver at any point dropping a large number of balls both in pre season and in the regular season . Robbie Anderson is the superior player on offense and should be getting at least 20 - 30 snaps a game because he really is the only burner on this roster. and he also shows the ability to be a serious redzone threat.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets put aside that the players, very talented players I might add, STUNK. The fact that Bowles is making the same dumb mistakes he made last year with game management is very alarming. Timeouts and player substitutions are a major concern adjusting to what teams are doing is another big concern because Todd Bowles just does not seem to have a clue. He's like the exact opposite of Rex Ryan and neither side of that coin is effective. I mean can this guy motivate players ? His demeanor makes me want to fall asleep at times . This guy needs a spark up his ass because if we keep having horrible games like this every 3 or 4 games Todd Bowles will be gone. He has the talent to win now. After watching yesterdays game did you wonder how much better this team would be if they had Andy Reid as the HC ?

At what point does a HC tell his OC to STOP attacking the outside when you are being double covered on every single play ? The middle of the field was there for the taking at what point do you take what the other team is giving you FORCING them to re-think their game plan ??

At what point does a HC learn how to conserve clock time that the end of a half ? The Chiefs had a 3rd and 8 with 1:08 left in the half and 3 time outs. As a HC you must assume if you get the stop you can have the ball back with between 50-55 seconds with one timeout and at the very least a chance for a Field goal yet we go into the locker room with all 3 Timeouts ? This is not quiestionable this is DUMB football.

At what point does the HC hold players accountable for really bad tackling in the secondary ?

At what point does the HC take a rookie out of the fcuking game for his 3rd fumble in 3 weeks ?

At what point does the HC play his promising young receivers more often giving his main vet WR a freaking break ? Decker and Marshall are playing an alarming amount of snaps for their age when we have so much depth at the position.

At what point does Matt Forte get injured or beat up because he's heading for 400 touches.

On my last 2 points it seemed Powell got a few more touches and we had no choice but to take Marshall out for a few plays but there he was limping on the next series most likely extending his injury into next week.

Robbie Anderson made a beautiful Adjustment to a bad throw by Fitz and continues to prove he's the real deal yet I'm willing to bet he saw less than 10 snaps.

Where were Peake and Anderson on our goal line play's ? They both showed the ability to bring down tough catches in the endzone in preseason and they are both tall WR's yet Jalin "drop/fumble" Marshall got all the reps at the goaline ? Tell me WTF is going on here ?

Bowles does not seem to coach with any common sense at all and its beginning to get really old. Since Bowles and Macc seemed to be hired at the same time I'm guessing Macc had no say in his hiring no matter what crap you read or what Macc says to cover it up. If Bowles does not get his sh*t together I hope Macc has the balls to make a change because teams with this much talent should never EVER look as bad as we looked yesterday. No more excuses.

My impression of Bowles is this ...the guy seems smart and seems to say all the right things but that does not translate onto the field at all. He's making mistakes you would not expect from a High School coach and he's not adjusting to anything. It was obvious to me the KC Chiefs  game plan was to take away what we did to the Bills last week. They took away our outside and intermediate passing game and they never waivered since we never adjusted. At what point do you say lets attack the short middle of the field and use some short slants getting the ball out quick and working our RB's over the middle as well ? Did Andy Reid ever have any reason to change his game plan when we played right into it ? Nope. I wouldn't, would you ? Main problem I have is we saw all of this last year as well, and nothing is changing including the very poor use of timeouts.

Keep in mind Im not using only yesterdays game in my evaluation of Bowles I had these feelings about him from last year but was willing to give the first time HC a break to see if he could adjust and this game was a tipping point for me even with the players and the QB totally sh*tting the bed.

The game is won on the field. 

There were atleast 3 passes yesterday that were either completions or could have been completions, that if Fitz would have simply led the receiver with the pass it would have been a 40, 50, 60 yard TD. If he would have led Robbie Anderson it could have been a TD. If he would have led Marshall down the sideline when Marshall had two steps on the defender it would have been a catch and run. Instead All Fitz passes look like backshoulder passes even when the receiver has the defender beat...because its not backshoulder, its underthrown. The game is won on the field and the passes thrown yesterday werent accurate passes. You wrote all this and all it honestly sounds like its an "in defense of" position. 

Fitz didnt throw 6 INT's because the chiefs "took away what the Jets did in Buffalo". He didnt have to throw passes where the guys were covered. You can audible, you can throw accurate passes when those receivers that people claim "stunk it up" are wide open running down field for the potential go-ahead score. 

IMO the Bowles, Gailey, players stunk position sounds more like scapegoating .

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The game is won on the field. 

There were atleast 3 passes yesterday that were either completions or could have been completions, that if Fitz would have simply led the receiver with the pass it would have been a 40, 50, 60 yard TD. If he would have led Robbie Anderson it could have been a TD. If he would have led Marshall down the sideline when Marshall had two steps on the defender it would have been a catch and run. Instead All Fitz passes look like backshoulder passes even when the receiver has the defender beat...because its not backshoulder, its underthrown. The game is won on the field and the passes thrown yesterday werent accurate passes. You wrote all this and all it honestly sounds like its an "in defense of" position. 

Fitz didnt throw 6 INT's because the chiefs "took away what the Jets did in Buffalo". He didnt have to throw passes where the guys were covered. You can audible, you can throw accurate passes when those receivers that people claim "stunk it up" are wide open running down field for the potential go-ahead score. 

IMO the Bowles, Gailey, players stunk position sounds more like scapegoating .

This thread was not about defense of Fitz and it was not only about yesterdays game. Yesterdays game, however, was the tipping point for me and was a microcosm of the last few years . I made plenty of posts claiming Fitz stunk and he did, I do not want to turn this into a QB thread yet again so lets stick to the topic and analyze the issues that have been repeating themselves with the coaching staff.

Address my points in the OP without dragging sh*tty Fitz play into every single one of them if that's possible :P

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Since Bowles and Macc seemed to be hired at the same time I'm guessing Macc had no say in his hiring no matter what crap you read or what Macc says to cover it up. If Bowles does not get his sh*t together I hope Macc has the balls to make a change because teams with this much talent should never EVER look as bad as we looked yesterday. No more excuses.

Heaven forfend we utter a single cross word of the GM who stocked the quarterback room with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg. WOOOO BIG MACC BABY

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This thread was not about defense of Fitz and it was not only about yesterdays game. Yesterdays game, however, was the tipping point for me and was a microcosm of the last few years . I made plenty of posts claiming Fitz stunk and he did, I do not want to turn this into a QB thread yet again so lets stick to the topic and analyze the issues that have been repeating themselves with the coaching staff.

Address my points in the OP without dragging sh*tty Fitz play into every single one of them if that's possible :P

I am sticking to the topic. You pointed the finger and every primary coach as well as the players. How is talking about a player who had the worst day of all guys who participated NOT on topic? More importantly, how to you point the finger to "players who stunk" and NOT bring up Fitz outside of the passive "The QB shat the bed" reference. It was the worst QB performance in Jets history and you completely went around it. 

Im just wondering since you wrote me a week ago talking about "what I deserve" given all of the things spoken about Fitz during the summer. 1 week later you write this and completely omit Fitz performance. 

It was the topic, just part of the topic you dont want to discuss. I'll leave it alone then. 

On 9/19/2016 at 11:44 AM, Smashmouth said:

Maybe people bring up Geno because you didn't shut the **** up about Geno for months even though the guy was absolutely horrid as a QB for this team. Only when they reigned him in and let him have very little effect on the outcome of the game did he do anything worth talking about. You brought that on yourself so don't bitch now that it keeps getting brought up even though @ljr was making a damn good point very much in the conversation of this never ending QB debate you guys keep bringing up.

I guess this Fitz thing will continue to be brought up with some damn good points. People brought that on themselves so hopefully there is no bitching about it. 

In both losses, all 3 phases of the game failed.  

Thats on coaching.  

Its your job to put the right players in the right position to succeed on the field, do you see that right now in the Jets?  

When you couple that with the fact Bowles is a complete blockhead in terms of situational awareness, there is reason to be concerned. 

And the next person to show me his record and use that as some type of defense deserves a firm smack to the face.  What was Rex Ryan's record at this point in his career with the Jets?

Yeah, exactly. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Heaven forfend we utter a single cross word of the GM who stocked the quarterback room with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg. WOOOO BIG MACC BABY

Hey the guy tried to move up and get a QB and it didn't happen. We have not seen any of those guys in real game action as of yet you have to show just a tiny bit of optimism don't you ? After all Macc did build a pretty good team over the past 2 years QB's are not easy to come by and they are certainly not easy to evaluate since most of the ones putting up huge stats in college are doing so because the opposition is just inferior. I would not mind seeing Petty if Fitz sh*ts the bed again next week that is if he's available

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Thats on coaching.  

Its your job to put the right players in the right position to succeed on the field, do you see that right now in the Jets?  

When you couple that with the fact Bowles is a complete blockhead in terms of situational awareness, there is reason to be concerned. 

And the next person to show me his record and use that as some type of defense deserves a firm smack to the face.  What was Rex Ryan's record at this point in his career with the Jets?

Yeah, exactly. 

I cant agree with that in regarding both losses. The defense was bending but really didnt break. The defense gave up 10 points yesterday yet the Chiefs scored 24 points. The Jets offense scored just 3 points. Special teams gave up a TD as well. The chiefs moved the ball but the defense didnt give up all those points, they actually saved a TD yesterday by causing a fumble which ended up being a touchback which gave the Jets the ball. Thats basically a turnover. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thats on coaching.  

Yeah, exactly. 

Bowles just doesn't seem to get it. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I am sticking to the topic. You pointed the finger and every primary coach as well as the players. How is talking about a player who had the worst day of all guys who participated NOT on topic? More importantly, how to you point the finger to "players who stunk" and NOT bring up Fitz outside of the passive "The QB shat the bed" reference. It was the worst QB performance in Jets history and you completely went around it. 

Im just wondering since you wrote me a week ago talking about "what I deserve" given all of the things spoken about Fitz during the summer. 1 week later you write this and completely omit Fitz performance. 

It was the topic, just part of the topic you dont want to discuss. I'll leave it alone then. 

I guess this Fitz thing will continue to be brought up with some damn good points. People brought that on themselves so hopefully there is no bitching about it. 

you seem to keep bringing up the QB whom I stated on numerous occasions stunk yesterday . He was the biggest part of the reason we lost .

Now once again this thread is about coaching so stay on the topic and stop going into other threads to continuously try and make your point on Fitz the sh*t is really getting old. What are we going to do next week if Fitz throws for 300 and 4 TD's ??? The sh*t never ends so once again stay on topic and give the Fitz crap a rest already.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I cant agree with that in regarding both losses. The defense was bending but really didnt break. The defense gave up 10 points yesterday yet the Chiefs scored 24 points. The Jets offense scored just 3 points. Special teams gave up a TD as well. The chiefs moved the ball but the defense didnt give up all those points, they actually saved a TD yesterday by causing a fumble which ended up being a touchback which gave the Jets the ball. Thats basically a turnover. 

you forgot to mention how many times KC's offense shot themselves in the foot there are still obvious issues on defense and while we all know Alex Smith does not have a strong arm in the face of a good pass rush if that were any other team with a stronger armed QB we would have lost 40-3

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is a general over reaction. He is still 11-8 through 19 games. I will agree the play calling was horrible and Fitz shoulda been benched after the 3rd pick, or 4th, or 5th, or 6th? Bowles is still learning a lot about being a HC but he shows the traits to be a good one. Give him more time.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

This is a general over reaction. He is still 11-8 through 19 games. I will agree the play calling was horrible and Fitz shoulda been benched after the 3rd pick, or 4th, or 5th, or 6th? Bowles is still learning a lot about being a HC but he shows the traits to be a good one. Give him more time.

What has he shown that gives you any inkling he's gonna be a good one.. 

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you seem to keep bringing up the QB whom I stated on numerous occasions stunk yesterday . He was the biggest part of the reason we lost .

Now once again this thread is about coaching so stay on the topic and stop going into other threads to continuously try and make your point on Fitz the sh*t is really getting old. What are we going to do next week if Fitz throws for 300 and 4 TD's ??? The sh*t never ends so once again stay on topic and give the Fitz crap a rest already.

I'll do that. However, the next time im having a discussion with another poster dont stick your nose in it talking about what people deserve because of what they said all summer. 

If its getting "old" then act like it and dont participate in a side discussion in order to throw shots. All that will happen is 7 days later Fitz will have this type of performance and people will remember what you said. "Fitztragic Bitches" will be mentioned to you. 

Now on to the topic, the coaches stunk, but not as bad as the players who are responsible for executing the plays. I wont mention the players specifically given that it will suddenly mean that im off topic. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you forgot to mention how many times KC's offense shot themselves in the foot there are still obvious issues on defense and while we all know Alex Smith does not have a strong arm in the face of a good pass rush if that were any other team with a stronger armed QB we would have lost 40-3

I didnt forget anything. The chiefs scored just 10 points on the Jets defense, which means that if the Jets would have lost 40-3 that would most likely mean that special teams fumbled more footballs that were returned for TD's and our offense threw more Pick 6's. 

Furthermore, if all of the points the Chiefs actually scored was those 10, the jets still would have lost by a touchdown. 

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

ok then go point by point and show me how this is an over reaction. The coaching is poor at best prove me wrong.

Archived