The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

Never has it been more obvious the the staff despise Geno smith.  Yesterday our best chance to win followed up his career best with his career worst performance. And at times I had no idea why he was throwing or who it was intended for.  Yes I have been a fitz fan but if he plays like that again he deserves to be benched.   But why did the Jets not put in Geno? Yes he's horrible but no way could he have done worse.  Hell he might have accidentally sparked the team.  When I watch what's going on in Philly it may be time to give Petty a chance. 

The coaching staff needs to be called out regardless for not putting in Smith yesterday. The game was still within reach. 

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they hate him then why have him on the team? They should give him an opportunity to catch on with another team. And unlike most fooled Jets fans I never bought into this Fitz "success" last season, always thought Geno was the better QB, he did something stupid and paid for it.

34 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Never has it been more obvious the the staff despise Geno smith.  Yesterday our best chance to win followed up his career best with his career worst performance. And at times I had no idea why he was throwing or who it was intended for.  Yes I have been a fitz fan but if he plays like that again he deserves to be benched.   But why did the Jets not put in Geno? Yes he's horrible but no way could he have done worse.  Hell he might have accidentally sparked the team.  When I watch what's going on in Philly it may be time to give Petty a chance. 

The coaching staff needs to be called out regardless for not putting in Smith yesterday. The game was still within reach. 

Smith is terrible and the coaching staff lacks confidence in him.   If they really hated Geno they would have put him in after int #4 or #5 when he had no chance.  

Geno may be around because they are waiting for Petty's shoulder to heal? I wonder if they wait till we are out of contention then thow Petty in the rest of the way?

I have a feeling Petty's shoulder got "Penningtoned" in the last preseason game. I have to see him throw again before I believe he's not permanently damaged.

True and they're going to lose their jobs sooner than later for it. As a coaching staff you play the best QB, not the best politician. Teams played politics with Legarette Blount and now he has a Super Bowl ring in New England. The Bears played politics with Marshall and now they suck. I could go on. 

Look you don't bench a starting Qb for one bad performance and it was real bad. But if it continues you do bench him. That was the second worst performance by a Qb of the Jets I can remember, the first of course Geno vs Buffalo.  Also in yesterday's game Fitz moved the chains and there was some success on drives. But in a Sanchezesque performance he made terrible decisions esp in the red zone and even though we were in the game he turned the ball over. I made a big deal last year that week 17 was not on one player. It was a group effort and the 3 picks were in the 4th quarter. But yesterday that L imo was mostly on Fitz. I think the D bent but didn't break for the most part and gave us a chance to get back into that game. I couldn't believe his bad judgment. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you don't bench a starting Qb for one bad performance and it was real bad. But if it continues you do bench him. That was the second worst performance by a Qb of the Jets I can remember, the first of course Geno vs Buffalo.  Also in yesterday's game Fitz moved the chains and there was some success on drives. But in a Sanchezesque performance he made terrible decisions esp in the red zone and even though we were in the game he turned the ball over. I made a big deal last year that week 17 was not on one player. It was a group effort and the 3 picks were in the 4th quarter. But yesterday that L imo was mostly on Fitz. I think the D bent but didn't break for the most part and gave us a chance to get back into that game. I couldn't believe his bad judgment. 

Fitz's performance yesterday was the single worst in terms of adjusted YPA since 1960. Further, Fitz was similarly bad in Week 1 and then again in 2015 Buffalo when it comes to throwing the ball. In Fitz's last 4 games, he has 3 times looked like the worst QB in the league and once took advantage of an injrued Buffalo D. There's no future or present with him at QB so he should be cut. Period.

3 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Fitz's performance yesterday was the single worst in terms of adjusted YPA since 1960. Further, Fitz was similarly bad in Week 1 and then again in 2015 Buffalo when it comes to throwing the ball. In Fitz's last 4 games, he has 3 times looked like the worst QB in the league and once took advantage of an injrued Buffalo D. There's no future or present with him at QB so he should be cut. Period.

Agree agree agree this team is better off without him he's a liability on offense. 

Just now, elgoman said:

Fitz's performance yesterday was the single worst in terms of adjusted YPA since 1960. Further, Fitz was similarly bad in Week 1 and then again in 2015 Buffalo when it comes to throwing the ball. There's no future or present with him at QB so he should be benched. Period.

I don't know what the stats were for the Cincy game but he was ok and kept us in the game. That L was not on him. But yesterday it was. I also disagree on week 17 because those picks again were later in the game and the team was playing from behind. He didn't give the team that day a premier performance he was just fair to below average. A good org doesn't bench their starting qb esp after a great game due to a terrible performance even though it was classically bad. It's a candidate for worst ever by a Jets Qb but I have to give that to Geno against Buff. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know what the stats were for the Cincy game but he was ok and kept us in the game. That L was not on him. But yesterday it was. I also disagree on week 17 because those picks again were later in the game and the team was playing from behind. He didn't give the team that day a premier performance he was just fair to below average. A good org doesn't bench their starting qb esp after a great game due to a terrible performance even though it was classically bad. It's a candidate for worst ever by a Jets Qb but I have to give that to Geno against Buff. 

Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine facts speak for themselves beating teams with losing records is his MO he chokes in the important games has his entire career. 

I think the Jets org does not hate Geno. I don't know what the behind the scenes relationships are between Geno and other players and the CS and GM. They said good things about him during the off season and what we heard about him was that they thought he worked hard and was a good teammate after returning last year following the punch out and did everything they wanted him to. If they hated him they would not have made him the backup or kept him on the team. And he wasn't Mac's draft pick. Believe me if Fitz is this bad again he will eventually be benched. But not yet. One thing I will admit though: good Qbs don't play that bad. It's a matter of concern. His judgment yesterday was bad and he was supposed to be a smart Qb. 

I love front runners who just 3 days ago were saying that Fitz was great and Osweiller was terrible. And that Fitz should get more money than he gets. Both Osweiller and Fitz aren't that bad and Fitz was a lot worse than Osweiller was last Thursday. It seems there is parity in the NFL and every team that gets blown out has a chance to rebound and some do. Hopefully we have a good game on Sunday. But Fitz will have to be under control and play like a smart Qb to win. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I love front runners who just 3 days ago were saying that Fitz was great and Osweiller was terrible. And that Fitz should get more money than he gets. Both Osweiller and Fitz aren't that bad and Fitz was a lot worse than Osweiller was last Thursday. It seems there is parity in the NFL and every team that gets blown out had a chance to rebound and some do. Hopefully we have a good game on Sunday. But Fitz will have to be under control and play like a smart Qb to win. 

Fitzpatrick has never played great in his entire career last season we had the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with winning records he failed when we needed him the most. 

He may be the smartest QB in the NFL but he also has the worst arm strength of any QB In the NFL too.

2 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Never has it been more obvious the the staff despise Geno Smith.

The fact that Bowles/Chan refused to pull an obviously unproductive/destructive Ryan Fitzpatrick says everything you need to know about how they feel about Geno Smith.

It's a given, frankly, that if your starter is sh*tting the bed horribly (as Fitz did) and the game is out of reach (which it was) that you pull your starter (to avoid injury, to avoid further embarrassment) and insert your #2 to mop up/hand off.

The fact Bowles let Fitz just rot out there, embarrassing Fitz, embarrassing our Franchise, and embarrassing them (the Coaches) says more then every word ever posted on every Jets Forum about Geno Smith.

He will never take another snap as a New York Jet.

He did throw 3 in the first quarter of the Buffalo game in 2014 before he was benched.

Should have left him in so Fitzpatrick could have some competition for the lowest QB grade in PFF history.

Also, Geno was a second year pro in 2014 and Fitzpatrick is in his 12th damn year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Troll said:

Should have left him in so Fitzpatrick could have some competition for the lowest QB grade in PFF history.

Also, Geno was a second year pro in 2014 and Fitzpatrick is in his 12th damn year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people think Fitzpatrick was available to us because other teams were stupid 31 other NFL teams knows he sucks but not the NY Jets 

Again front runners say different things every day every minute. They wanted to take Folk out after missing two kicks some said to cut him on the spot. You have to try to fix the problems and the number one problem on Sunday was the Qb. After that the play calling. But Fitz did not have to throw those bad passes. He has to change that immediately. I heard some of his interview on SNY after the game and what he said was unsatisfactory to me. He was not accountable for the later picks saying that he was trying to get back into the game and knew he was throwing in dangerous areas of the field. I don't buy it, Alex Smith did not make one stupid throw all afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The fact that Bowles/Chan refused to pull an obviously unproductive/destructive Ryan Fitzpatrick says everything you need to know about how they feel about Geno Smith.

It's a given, frankly, that if your starter is sh*tting the bed horribly (as Fitz did) and the game is out of reach (which it was) that you pull your starter (to avoid injury, to avoid further embarrassment) and insert your #2 to mop up/hand off.

The fact Bowles let Fitz just rot out there, embarrassing Fitz, embarrassing our Franchise, and embarrassing them (the Coaches) says more then every word ever posted on every Jets Forum about Geno Smith.

So you're admitting you would have pulled Fitz...

You're on the road to recovery.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

and also consider they didn't IR petty when he isn't even practicing.  they're doing everything to keep geno from playing.  it's as if they would rather get killed with fitz b/c he's a class act and represents the team well, than risk an image crisis with geno.  i actually believe that's part of the decision-making.

Just now, Pac said:

So you're admitting you would have pulled Fitz...

I don't even have to think about it, if I'm an NFL Head Coach, I pull any and every QB after they throw their 4th INT in a single game.  

I said it after the game, and still believe it, leaving Fitz in is a fireable offense IMO.  Bowles must loathe Geno Smith to let Fitz keep playing at that point.

Most of the time we were in that game. Even with the turnovers. I think that Bowles still felt that Fitz gave us our best chance to win and he was moving the ball at times pretty well. But when we were basically out of it and he was having a catch with the Dbs later in the 4th quarter he could have taken him and given him a message. That this is unsatisfactory.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I think that Bowles still felt that Fitz gave us our best chance to win and he was moving the ball at times pretty well.

If Bowles really thought that, he's dumber than Rex, and I'd fire his dumb ass today.

I hope, truly hope, he's not that stupid.  Fitz HAD to be pulled after INT #4.

Archived