The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for hate pics

"Smith wanted to be a story of inspiration."

Hey.  Geno.  Try being a better football player. That would inspire us. We don't care how you behaved after you made your best friend so angry he split your face open. 

SAR I

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bassmaster2 said:

I like to see Geno with some good wide out ,he never play with any with the jets

He only had one official game with good wide receivers and a respectable coaching staff in comparison to what he had. 

In that one game he threw 42 times connecting 65% of the time and had a 2/1 TD/INT ratio. His other 30 games he had absolutely nothing. 

14 minutes ago, win4ever said:

That article is great, I was reading that today as well.   I think it requires it's own thread, rather than this one, but since it's posted here, I'll chime in here, lol.  

The sheer amount of passes that were off-base is incredible when you notice that he wasn't under pressure.  I think it's time people notice the lack of progression reads by Fitz, because I've been harping on that for the last year.  There are a ton of plays, where Fitzpatrick isn't looking at anyone else but his intended target.  He knows he has great weapons, and that's why he succeeds, and also why sack numbers are very low, because he doesn't take the time to go through to his 3rd or 4th reads.  It's not because he has a lightning quick release time, in fact, on most intermediate+ throws, he does a ball pat and hop before throwing.  

It's kind of heart-breaking because we went through this with Sanchez when he was here.  A guy that was being carried by others on the team, got a ton of credit, and then people pointed to his record as vindication of his ability.  The opposite with Geno.  Then back to it with Fitz.   This is a team that should be an upper tier offense because they have three legit weapons on offense now, and a good RB tandem.  I'm not even sure what other team's weapons I would take over the Jets.  Denver?  

TOJ is a great site for film breakdown as well, on my bookmarked list each week to see their film breakdown articles.   

Yeah, Edward Gorelik is doing some great work over at TOJ. 

You articulated this situation perfectly. What really bothers me about this is the fact that many times people have expressed this. Jets fans instantly dismiss Geno as a lost cause when we all know he had nothing conducive around him. Fitz actually has everything that Geno never had and this guy is literally getting every freaking excuse in the book. And I could have understood it if he was only a 4 year QB with only 2 years of playing experience, still on your rookie contract with just 31 pro games under your belt. This is the pros....many guys need time to develop. Yet, This guy is a 12 year vet, played well over 100 pro games, is like on his 6th professional contract and is throwing 6 picks with the most prolific offense I've ever seen the Jets have. 

I cant explain it man. What people need to simply say is "I dont like Geno Smith", but dont try to make it seem like this position is anything logical, because it isnt.

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

imagejpeg

Even his GM and HC didn't want him after his first season. 

SAR I

Bowles doesn't seem to care about Fitzpatrick.. Liked his reply to the question " do you think Fitzpatrick will rebound this Sunday " Bowles said " yes, because he couldn't can't play any worse. " lol.. I'm glad he is challenged fitz.. If he picks up where he left off you will see geno in the 2nd half..

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C8A5434C-1C9B-4A0D-A335-FE95FF8DF5C6_zps

BREAKING:

2016 JETS "WHITE OUT" TOWEL LEAKS ON TWITTER SPELLS "GENO SMITH SUCKS" IN BRAILLE. 

SAR I

Wow they really blowing the doors off with all these great promotions PSL owners and season ticket holders must be ecstatic........... NOT 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Crunch time? The Jets were down 20-34 with 4 minutes left on that drive where he took two awful sacks. What you DIDNT mention is how after those 2 awful sacks it was 4th and 19 and he converted a 21 yard pass to Decker to continue the drive. But even at that, the game was already out of reach. Not only was it down to the last 4 minutes of the game but nowhere in that game did the Jets defense ever give any type of indication that they could actually stop the raiders during any of their offensive drives. 

It's insane how fans flip that game yet have every excuse in the book for a 6 pick Fitzpocolypse performance. 

Jets fans are the  worst. 

If you want to see what bad plays look like...here's an article from the same individual that put up that excellent piece on Geno that you provided. 

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/09/context-stats-fitzpatrick-chiefs-week-3-2016/

I've said it every time and every time it's crickets.  You're right, after getting sacked trying to make something happened he converted the long 4th down play.  Hardly a play that cost them the game given that.  Amazing that people who tell us we don't understand the game, etc don't remember the play.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really, so to say he was leading when IK did his thing is wrong how?  Because it was too early in the comp for you?  So what, he said Fitz was leading.  Wasn't too early for Fitz though?  Chan didn't say at his pressers that Geno was the starter? Every report wasn't how bad Fitz looked?  Fitz wasn't signed and told he was the backup? 

All this falls under me making it up?  You just like to start shlt.  Sand in your vagina? 

You should just stick to threads whining about Geno fans being happy that Fitz blows.  Or better yet, telling all that Fitz wasnt to blame for the loss in KC

Stop being an idiot.  You said (Smith) " was easily winning the early QB comp." when he got hit.   Except there never was any QB competition because Bowles had already named Smith as the returning starter before training camp commenced.  One was getting reps primarily with the starters (Smith) and the other, coming off an injury was getting reps with the backups.  There was no competition therefore there was no competition for Geno to be "winning".

Should I use smaller words?

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Stop being an idiot.  You said " was easily winning the early QB comp." when he got hit.   Except there never was any QB competition because Bowles had already named Smith as the returning starter before training camp commenced.  There was no competition therefore there was no competition for Geno to be "winning"

Should I use smaller words?

You should GFY.  

Next time, dont cry like a pussy when you think youre being attacked.  You do this all the time.  I'm an idiot? Chan named Smith the returning starter at the beginning of camp, Bowles said that wasnt true, that there was a competition.   Everyone, from the media to Westhoff thought Fitz looked like shlt ans was losing

Why is it the dumbest ones are the first ones to call others idiots?  Smaller words, lol, stop being a dick.  Try

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You should GFY.  

Next time, dont cry like a pussy when you think youre being attacked.  You do this all the time.  I'm an idiot? Chan named Smith the returning starter at the beginning of camp, Bowles said that wasnt true, that there was a competition.   

Why is it the dumbest ones are the first ones to call others idiots?  Smaller words, lol, stop being a dick.  Try

Rubbish there was no competition. The starter was named.

http://www.metro.us/new-york/jets-otas-todd-bowles-jets-name-geno-smith-starting-quarterback/zsJoet---ltIzB35JpCv0U/

(May 20 2015)

"Jets OTAs: Todd Bowles, Jets name Geno Smith starting quarterback" 

I will try using smaller words.

This one from Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/no-competition-jets-name-geno-smith-the-no-1-qb-1.10456004

"No competition: Jets name Geno Smith the No. 1 QB

Geno was the incumbent starter named by the HC in 2015 OTAs.

Fitz came in as the backup and also recovering from an injury.

The moment the coaching staff had a choice to make (after Geno's jaw had recovered), they made that choice and Fitz was the starting QB.

They also paid a lot of money for Fitz to come back this year as the starter even when Geno was in house and available to them.  

There will be a change on this team at QB at some point this year if the season gets out of hand. Even then I think Bryce Petty might be the one getting a look.    They have already decided that Geno Smith is not in the future plans of the team.  I do not know how the actions of the front office up to this point can be read any other way.

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, Edward Gorelik is doing some great work over at TOJ. 

You articulated this situation perfectly. What really bothers me about this is the fact that many times people have expressed this. Jets fans instantly dismiss Geno as a lost cause when we all know he had nothing conducive around him. Fitz actually has everything that Geno never had and this guy is literally getting every freaking excuse in the book. And I could have understood it if he was only a 4 year QB with only 2 years of playing experience, still on your rookie contract with just 31 pro games under your belt. This is the pros....many guys need time to develop. Yet, This guy is a 12 year vet, played well over 100 pro games, is like on his 6th professional contract and is throwing 6 picks with the most prolific offense I've ever seen the Jets have. 

I cant explain it man. What people need to simply say is "I dont like Geno Smith", but dont try to make it seem like this position is anything logical, because it isnt.

I still don't get all the hate with Geno but absolute love for Fitz.

His last 3 years in Buffalo (I discounted one year because he only started a handful of games, although if anyone is wondering, his stats were worse), his rating came out to be about 43.4 for QBR.  Geno Smith in 2014 put up 44.28.  These were Fitz 6th, 7th, and 8th years in the league.  He then goes to the Titans, who actually had better weapons with Kendall Wright and Nate Washington, along with under-rated Delanie Walker, and Chris Johnson out of the backfield.  Then, he goes to Houston, with DeAndre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, and Foster in the backfield.  

Geno may not be the answer, I absolutely think there is a chance he falls on his face.  However, I already know what I can expect from Fitz, which is give him good weapons and an easy schedule and he'll produce.  I don't even care that much about Geno, I would love to see Petty or even Hackenberg as well.  Heck, there are backups in the league I'd rather see like Glennon or even Tyler Bray.  

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

"Smith wanted to be a story of inspiration."

Hey.  Geno.  Try being a better football player. That would inspire us. We don't care how you behaved after you made your best friend so angry he split your face open. 

SAR I

Remember on jetsinsider you were once mark Sanchez's number 1 fan..  And were so very confident Sanchez would end up being a "GREAT " qb. So your qb opinion doesn't hold much water, after being the last holdout to believe in mark Stinking Sanchez.. ?

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Rubbish there was no competition. The starter was named.

http://www.metro.us/new-york/jets-otas-todd-bowles-jets-name-geno-smith-starting-quarterback/zsJoet---ltIzB35JpCv0U/

(May 20 2015)

I will try using smaller words.

This one from Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/no-competition-jets-name-geno-smith-the-no-1-qb-1.10456004

You have to be the dumbest poster anywhere.  You call me an idiot and then post two links that support what I wrote.  Chan called Smith the starter.  Bowles later clarifies that hes the returning starter because hes the only starter from the year before and that there will be an open competition for the starting job.  

How friggen stupid can one person be and best part is keep coming back with links proving it.  Make them large and bold.  As I said before, GFY

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I've said it every time and every time it's crickets.  You're right, after getting sacked trying to make something happened he converted the long 4th down play.  Hardly a play that cost them the game given that.  Amazing that people who tell us we don't understand the game, etc don't remember the play.

The funniest part is watching them continuously over exaggerate these 2 plays with a straight face. Geno taking two bad sacks (that he shouldnt have taken...lets be clear on that) but ultimately converted to continue the drive somehow made his "entire performance" terrible. 

Speaking of this "crunch time" nonsense, how are these guys so upset about 2 sacks that he shouldnt have taken while at the same time forgetting the part that he converted 4th and 19 to make up for his mistakes yet are completely okay with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the league last year in 4th quarter interceptions? Why are they not nearly as upset about Fitzpatrick's 3 INT's in the 4th quarter of a week 17 game with the playoffs on the line? I dont recall Geno throwing ANY interceptions in the 4th quarter in that Raiders game. Why are they not nearly as upset with Ryan Fitzpatrick during "crunch time" throwing an INT against the Bengals to end the game week 1? Why are they so upset that Geno took 2 bad sacks that he ultimately made up for by converting on 4th down with about 2 minutes left in the game and we were down by 14 points, yet not nearly as upset that Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 5 INT's on 5 consecutive drives including throwing an interception on every single drive we had in the 4th quarter (when we were down by 14 points) which also included a pick 6 that put the chiefs up 21 points? 

Why is it that Geno gets blamed for losing a game that he didnt start and that the defense gave up 34 points, the most points they've allowed the last 20 games, yet its not Ryan Fitzpatrick that is blamed for going 2-5 in the redzone, completing just 34% of his passes thrown beyond the LOS and throwing a game ending pick during "crunch time", but instead its Nick Folk that gets blamed for the Bengals game because he missed a PAT and had a kick blocked in a game. Why Nick Folk (or anyone else) get blamed when its Fitz but Geno gets blamed when the jets defense gives up 34 points and allows the Raiders to score points on 7 of their first 8 drives while having atleast 10 missed tackles in the game?

Why does Geno get all of this hate over this Raiders game and how he didnt step up during crunch time yet in Fitzpatrick's last 4 games he's thrown a total of 7 INT's in the 4th quarter and the Jets are 1-3? Is it because Fitz cemented a comeback against the Giants and Cowboys? Okay, wasnt Geno's 1st ever game a "come from behind" win? Wasnt his first Monday Night football game against Matty Ice a "come from behind" win? We're in week four of the season and Ryan Fitzpatrick again leads the league this year in INT's in the 4th quarter. Is that how "crunch time" works???

Jet Nut.....I DONT UNDERSTAND MAN! lol. Geno takes 2 sacks that were clearly bad sacks that also kept the clock running but he ultimately converted 4th and forever to redeem himself and these guys are exaggerating this beyond f'ing belief. Ryan Fitzpatrick in his 1st 19 games as a Jet has 6 games where he's thrown an INT to end the Jets chances in the 4th and has led the league both years in 4th quarter INT's. What these guys are crying about in regards to crunch time Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing RIGHT NOW!!!!! lol. 

Oh, and by the way...the Jets are paying 12 million for that!

Derek Carr torched the Jets secondary that game, you know your secondary is having a rough day when you let mediocre Crabtree run all over you. Yet somehow Geno gets the sole blame for that loss.

Fitz tosses 3 INTs against Buffalo including 1 to end the game, and it's "BUT BUT REVIS, BUT BUT THE PUNTER!!!"

Hilarious :lol:

1 hour ago, King P said:

Derek Carr torched the Jets secondary that game, you know your secondary is having a rough day when you let mediocre Crabtree run all over you. Yet somehow Geno gets the sole blame for that loss.

Fitz tosses 3 INTs against Buffalo including 1 to end the game, and it's "BUT BUT REVIS, BUT BUT THE PUNTER!!!"

Hilarious :lol:

Geno didn't get the blame for the loss at all. You Geno lovers will just not let it go. What he doesn't get is credit for putting up half way decent garbage time numbers. We can all clearly see that Geno has retained all his glaring flaws. He has made no noticeable improvement in his pocket awareness nor his anticipation. Mostly he is just so afraid to make a mistake that he's lost before he begins. It's so clear to see if you only watch with a little objectivity. He's Sanchez  with less personalty.

Fitz is maddeningly streaky, and his limited arm strength does not allow him to muscle through this. At least he can play well when he's on. He doesn't give up.  At least he has the balls to try. At least he cares, and works things out with his players. Tough to be a good QB when you're an antisocial introvert. 

All this Geno hate is directly related to the apologists here never letting up. People would just love to forget him but you will not let us.

We would all love for Geno to be the decent QB of your imagination. I bought a Geno jersey for my girl. I'd love to be able to take it out of the closet without fear of her getting IK'd. Instead we place our hopes in Petty. If Bad Fitz sticks around then we'd rather see what Petty can do. We don't know how good he'll be but at least we know he'll go down swinging. 

28 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Geno didn't get the blame for the loss at all. You Geno lovers will just not let it go. What he doesn't get is credit for putting up half way decent garbage time numbers. We can all clearly see that Geno has retained all his glaring flaws. He has made no noticeable improvement in his pocket awareness nor his anticipation. Mostly he is just so afraid to make a mistake that he's lost before he begins. It's so clear to see if you only watch with a little objectivity. He's Sanchez  with less personalty.

Fitz is maddeningly streaky, and his limited arm strength does not allow him to muscle through this. At least he can play well when he's on. He doesn't give up.  At least he has the balls to try. At least he cares, and works things out with his players. Tough to be a good QB when you're an antisocial introvert. 

All this Geno hate is directly related to the apologists here never letting up. People would just love to forget him but you will not let us.

We would all love for Geno to be the decent QB of your imagination. I bought a Geno jersey for my girl. I'd love to be able to take it out of the closet without fear of her getting IK'd. Instead we place our hopes in Petty. If Bad Fitz sticks around then we'd rather see what Petty can do. We don't know how good he'll be but at least we know he'll go down swinging. 

How about this, before you read my response you have two choices. #1. read it, or #2. Forget about Geno and move on. It's your choice to move on or not, but talking sh*t and trashing a guy isnt "moving on". 

With that bullsh*t out the way, What "garbage time" stats did Geno have in that Raiders game? Geno had his first 2 possessions in the game, going into his 3rd possession the Raiders were already up 21-3 in the game. He started off the game rusty during his first 3 drives, which makes sense given that he didnt play in a live game for 11 months, had no preseason and no practice with the team and came in the game cold. after his 3rd drive he began putting some things together getting us in field goal range and making the score 6-21. 

The Raiders received the ball for the 2nd half kickoff, marches down the field for another touchdown. Geno gets on the field and responds with a TD. The Raiders get the ball and responds with a FG. The Jets following possession they end up punting the ball. Raiders get it back and responds with another FG. Geno gets the ball and drives down the field for a TD. Geno Smith outscored the Raiders in the 2nd half of that football game but the game was already out of control by that time because the defense (Marcus Williams/Antonio Cromartie) couldnt stop a nosebleed and we had zero pass rush. 

You can say what you want about "Fitz not giving up because he has balls" Rocky Balboa crap. Geno Smith didnt have a terrible game. If you would love to forget about him then do that instead of throwing rocks. He may be an antisocial introvert but atleast he doesnt rob this organization of 12 million dollars because he's a terrible f'ing QB but his teammates have "mancrushes". 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

This is awesome (and very comforting)...

Geno Smith is a backup now, but he might not be a backup for long.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

This is awesome (and very comforting)...

Geno Smith is a backup now, but he might not be a backup for long.

Agree great well written article Geno Smith is alright in my book and id take him as the starting QB here any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

And? 

If Geno were the,starter and they asked Fitz if he was ready he better feel the same way.

Funny, Geno feeling he's more than a backup bothers you but Fitz holding the Jets hostage for $12 mil, missing camp, etc was good business.

Seems that story line was front page news for some time 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nice to see you rooting for you team! :P

Because pointing out Geno is yet again embarrassing himself by saying something stupid publicly is the same as saying "I sure hope Fitz gets hurt, he's sh*t".

Give it a rest BucksFanVillian.

P.S. I have no idea why people are debating the Raider's game as if it were debatable. Geno played pretty well that day, I don't think there is any legitimate argument otherwise.  Not good enough to overcome a bad defensive effort, but good enough.  Notice, when it's true I give the same excuse to Geno I gave week 1 to Fitz.  Played good enough to win, defense let them down.

It's the two years of sh*t before that that the usual suspects ignore or diminish that makes Geno into Geno.  If we're going to cherry pick games, Fitz can look great too, it doesn't mean dick.  It's the whole resume.

End of the day, if Geno were better, we have to presume our coaches would have started him.  Because no one sits a better, cheaper, player for :vaguesillyreasons:.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because pointing out Geno is yet again embarrassing himself by saying something stupid publicly is the same as saying "I sure hope Fitz gets hurt, he's sh*t".

Give it a rest BucksFanVillian.

Only Geno haters would see it that way. 

Geno is a backup waiting for his opportunity and hopefully when he gets it here or elsewhere he shines. 

This organization has such a scarred  history of QB's since the Joe Namath days,many have tried and many have failed. 

The CNN article portrays an entirely different picture of Geno Smith the person then the player. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno is a backup waiting for his opportunity and hopefully when he gets it here or elsewhere he shines. 

Nice to see you admit that you hope Geno, if he moves on, succeeds.  Even if say, he's playing for the Dolphins or Bills or Pats.

Geno > Jets yet again, eh?

When Geno leaves us, I hope he sucks cock.  Not because he's Geno, but because he'll be an opposing player and competition for the Jets.

Archived