The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nice to see you admit that you hope Geno, if he moves on, succeeds.  Even if say, he's playing for the Dolphins or Bills or Pats.

Geno > Jets yet again, eh?

When Geno leaves us, I hope he sucks cock.  Not because he's Geno, but because he'll be an opposing player and competition for the Jets.

Hope he shines except when he plays the Jets. 

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hope he shines except when he plays the Jets. 

Oh, so you're ok if he leads the Dolphins to a 14-2 record, as long as we beat him twice then?

Yup, thats some solid Jets Fan right there.

Nope, I hope he sucks no matter where he lands.  I suppose if he's in the NFC it won't matter much, but if he's in the AFC, no, rooting for Geno elsewhere is rooting against the Jets interests.

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Remember on jetsinsider you were once mark Sanchez's number 1 fan..  And were so very confident Sanchez would end up being a "GREAT " qb. So your qb opinion doesn't hold much water, after being the last holdout to believe in mark Stinking Sanchez.. ?

The fact that you could even compare Geno Smith to Mark Sanchez is laughable, I can't believe you're even going there.  Look up Mark Sanchez first 2 years in the league, compare them to Geno Smith.  Can't even believe you made me type that sentence.

Mark Sanchez is the most accomplished Jets quarterback since Joe Namath, played better than Namath in the playoffs, and is the second-best quarterback in Jets history.

You want to compare Geno Smith to a Jets quarterback?  Cool.  Look up Browning Nagle.  He's your man.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh, so you're ok if he leads the Dolphins to a 14-2 record, as long as we beat him twice then?

Yup, thats some solid Jets Fan right there.

Nope, I hope he sucks no matter where he lands.  I suppose if he's in the NFC it won't matter much, but if he's in the AFC, no, rooting for Geno elsewhere is rooting against the Jets interests.

Sadly you have a mindset and its all hate towards Geno Smith it always amazes me at high school or college football games fans boo kids. NFL players are young adults who have made it to to the game or the show yet fans who sit home and eat peanuts sit back and pass judgement and degrade that person. Dont like him thats fine wishing ill will for bad things to happen thats another story. 

So you hate every other player in the NFL except those in a Jets uniform and wish they would all get hurt and play poorly?  Really? 

Thats a solid person right there forget being a Jets fan.

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The funniest part is watching them continuously over exaggerate these 2 plays with a straight face. Geno taking two bad sacks (that he shouldnt have taken...lets be clear on that) but ultimately converted to continue the drive somehow made his "entire performance" terrible. 

Speaking of this "crunch time" nonsense, how are these guys so upset about 2 sacks that he shouldnt have taken while at the same time forgetting the part that he converted 4th and 19 to make up for his mistakes yet are completely okay with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the league last year in 4th quarter interceptions? Why are they not nearly as upset about Fitzpatrick's 3 INT's in the 4th quarter of a week 17 game with the playoffs on the line? I dont recall Geno throwing ANY interceptions in the 4th quarter in that Raiders game. Why are they not nearly as upset with Ryan Fitzpatrick during "crunch time" throwing an INT against the Bengals to end the game week 1? Why are they so upset that Geno took 2 bad sacks that he ultimately made up for by converting on 4th down with about 2 minutes left in the game and we were down by 14 points, yet not nearly as upset that Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 5 INT's on 5 consecutive drives including throwing an interception on every single drive we had in the 4th quarter (when we were down by 14 points) which also included a pick 6 that put the chiefs up 21 points? 

Why is it that Geno gets blamed for losing a game that he didnt start and that the defense gave up 34 points, the most points they've allowed the last 20 games, yet its not Ryan Fitzpatrick that is blamed for going 2-5 in the redzone, completing just 34% of his passes thrown beyond the LOS and throwing a game ending pick during "crunch time", but instead its Nick Folk that gets blamed for the Bengals game because he missed a PAT and had a kick blocked in a game. Why Nick Folk (or anyone else) get blamed when its Fitz but Geno gets blamed when the jets defense gives up 34 points and allows the Raiders to score points on 7 of their first 8 drives while having atleast 10 missed tackles in the game?

Why does Geno get all of this hate over this Raiders game and how he didnt step up during crunch time yet in Fitzpatrick's last 4 games he's thrown a total of 7 INT's in the 4th quarter and the Jets are 1-3? Is it because Fitz cemented a comeback against the Giants and Cowboys? Okay, wasnt Geno's 1st ever game a "come from behind" win? Wasnt his first Monday Night football game against Matty Ice a "come from behind" win? We're in week four of the season and Ryan Fitzpatrick again leads the league this year in INT's in the 4th quarter. Is that how "crunch time" works???

Jet Nut.....I DONT UNDERSTAND MAN! lol. Geno takes 2 sacks that were clearly bad sacks that also kept the clock running but he ultimately converted 4th and forever to redeem himself and these guys are exaggerating this beyond f'ing belief. Ryan Fitzpatrick in his 1st 19 games as a Jet has 6 games where he's thrown an INT to end the Jets chances in the 4th and has led the league both years in 4th quarter INT's. What these guys are crying about in regards to crunch time Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing RIGHT NOW!!!!! lol. 

Oh, and by the way...the Jets are paying 12 million for that!

Don't get it either.  You get arguments that the yardage he passed for was a product of prevent defense, you get arguments that coming off the bench is no big deal, you get arguments that Geno should have protected himself because Fitz was injured, argument that the one pick was pure Geno and the fact that his numbers that day being pretty much Fitz numbers, actually better, is laughable.  It's all about killing Geno and to keep rehashing what a rookie or 2nd year QB was to make Fitz look better.  It's like this years presidential election, it's not that Fitz is good, it's that Geno isn't.  If it takes harping on a bad play, one that they can say was due to being stupid, better yet.  Just adjust the story to help the case.  Look I've got one assclown telling us that there was no QB competition.  Sure, this same clown claims I'm an idiot rewriting history.  That I need to be talked to like an idiot because I'm not smart enough.  But is the first to play forum cop and tell me I'm not nice.  Funny the story line was there was a competition but Geno wasn't winning, he was punched out too early in the process.  They hadn't even played a preseason game yet.  Now none of it happened.

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because pointing out Geno is yet again embarrassing himself by saying something stupid publicly is the same as saying "I sure hope Fitz gets hurt, he's sh*t".

Give it a rest BucksFanVillian.

P.S. I have no idea why people are debating the Raider's game as if it were debatable. Geno played pretty well that day, I don't think there is any legitimate argument otherwise.  Not good enough to overcome a bad defensive effort, but good enough.  Notice, when it's true I give the same excuse to Geno I gave week 1 to Fitz.  Played good enough to win, defense let them down.

It's the two years of sh*t before that that the usual suspects ignore or diminish that makes Geno into Geno.  If we're going to cherry pick games, Fitz can look great too, it doesn't mean dick.  It's the whole resume.

End of the day, if Geno were better, we have to presume our coaches would have started him.  Because no one sits a better, cheaper, player for :vaguesillyreasons:.

I dont know why you continue to respond to me and refer to "wishing for Fitz to get hurt". I dont know who said that (if anyone) but you should direct that to that/those people. 

Also, the fact that I like Mike Glennon and you continue to refer to me as a Bucs fan or not a Jets fan because I like other players around the league that I would LOVE to have play on my favorite football team is just you trolling. lol. 

Now as for Geno, what did he do now to hurt your feelings...did he have an interview and open his mouth? lol. Just a couple days ago he showed a picture with him NOT opening his mouth and you guys had a problem with that! lmao. Make up your mind people! 

And you're right (partially), there is no debate about Geno's Raiders game, however, I never said that the guy had an awesome 2 years prior. This is your problem, as well as others. It was said countless times that Geno had no weapons and a crappy coaching staff on up. We would like to see what he could do NOW, especially with Fitz regressing back to his usual self after overachieving and winning more than a "max 6 games" for the 1st time in 11 years. 

Stop adding things that were never said by me. Geno played poorly for the majority of his 2 year starting career, however (here's a fact coming) his surrounding team and coaching staff was just as bad if not worse. 

This is the best collection of offensive players the Jets have had in I dont know how long and we're wasting it on a guy who's thrown 10 picks his last 4 games, as well as a bunch of other demerits that I could rehash right now but quite frankly I just dont feel like it. No one is cherry picking games. The Raiders game was a topic because Anti-Geno Smith fans are over exaggerating at best/lying at worst about his actual performance. They're being corrected, not that we're using that game as some sort of pedestal to say that Geno is some sort of clear cut franchise quarterback. Stop fabricating. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick at this stage is squandering this offensive squad, there's no doubt in that. I've said (concentrating on what I said) that I wouldnt mind even seeing Bryce Petty. However, I would rather see some guys under rookie contracts but with overall better physical talent than a 34 year old that has everything catered to him from the best offensive team we've put together in years, the only OC he's ever been able to produce under etc....and he's out there throwing what should have been 10+ picks in a game or losing games against teams that we should beat (swept by the Bills last season). 

End of the day, if Fitz was better then this wouldnt be a conversation nor would we need Jets fans to say "Hey he's playing like sh*t but atleast he tries and has balls". 

I dont want to hear about rooting for a Fitz injury again. Direct that to whomever said it. If it didnt come from me there's no reason for you to bring it up to me in every other post. If I felt that way about Fitz then I'd say it with no remorse whatsoever. 

Mike Glennon Bitchez! 

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

bowles started cro for an entire season.  he plays his guys if they suck or not

wtf peeps

You'll probably hear...

"End of the day, if another corner were better, we have to presume our coaches would have started him.  Because no one sits a better, cheaper, player for :vaguesillyreasons:". 

Meanwhile Marcus Williams was sitting on the bench and was much cheaper and better in comparison everytime he stepped on the field last season. 

I guess people can presume wrong. 

43 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know why you continue to respond to me and refer to "wishing for Fitz to get hurt". I dont know who said that (if anyone) but you should direct that to that/those people. 

Show fits, wear it.  We both know you'd prefer to see Fitz get hurt and Geno playing.  You can deny it, no one believes you but your fellow Geno Fans.

Also, the fact that I like Mike Glennon and you continue to refer to me as a Bucs fan

All I can hope is you're on Browns Nation.com next year when Glennnon is #2's for them.

Now as for Geno, what did he do now to hurt your feelings.

Sucking as a #1 for two full years.  Odd that didn't bother you...

..did he have an interview and open his mouth? lol. Just a couple days ago he showed a picture with him NOT opening his mouth and you guys had a problem with that! lmao. Make up your mind people! 

I dont know why you continue to respond to me and refer to "had a problem with Geno being silent". I don't know who said that (if anyone) but you should direct that to that/those people.

And you're right (partially), there is no debate about Geno's Raiders game, however, I never said that the guy had an awesome 2 years prior.

No, you just consistently minimize and ignore it, or blame it on every other person on earth OTHER than Geno himself.

We would like to see what he could do NOW, especially with Fitz regressing back to his usual self after overachieving and winning more than a "max 6 games" for the 1st time in 11 years. 

You're not going to get to see it.  Deal with it.

End of the day, if Fitz was better then this wouldnt be a conversation nor would we need Jets fans to say "Hey he's playing like sh*t but atleast he tries and has balls". 

End of the day, had Geno not been the worst QB in the NFL, we never would have signed or needed Fitz at all.  Fitz was and is a second choice, our first choice just sucks.

I dont want to hear about rooting for a Fitz injury again.

Because I care about what you want to hear?  Newsflash, you're not my dad, and I'll say what I like.  And I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that on Sunday you're rooting for two things, Fitz to fail, and Fitz to get hurt, so we can see Geno.  

If I felt that way about Fitz then I'd say it with no remorse whatsoever. 

I give you more credit that that, you're not dumb enough to flat out say it.  You can imply it and you can do it without ever havng to say it, them smug about it if/when it happens.

Just like you've been doing about Fitz playing poorly.  You never came out and said "I'm rooting against Fitz!", but reading your smug when he plays badly tells all the tale we need.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Now as for Geno, what did he do now to hurt your feelings...did he have an interview and open his mouth? lol.z

Backup quarterbacks don't do interviews.  They shut up.  "Look at me, I'm not playing" is not what inspires fans, players, or coaches and can only lead to locker room dissension.

Geno Smith is, again, doing nothing to help the team and everything to hurt it.  This guy should be cut right now, today, this minute.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Backup quarterbacks don't do interviews.  They shut up.  "Look at me, I'm not playing" is not what inspires fans, players, or coaches and can only lead to locker room dissension.

Geno Smith is, again, doing nothing to help the team and everything to hurt it.  This guy should be cut right now, today, this minute.

SAR I

You're right, however, back up quarterbacks that do interviews only do interviews when the starter is playing like sh*t. 

C'mon SAR, be totally honest here. I dont want to hear "That doesnt matter". Geno took a back seat when Fitz got the job after his injury. Geno wasnt taking any interviews then outside of his scuffle with IK. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 interceptions for the world to see, he's looked like crap 3 of his last 4 games, the Jets also have a losing record during that time and quite frankly, Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt a franchise QB to where you dismiss the back up. If Aaron Rodgers had the exact 3 game performance CNN wouldnt be interviewing the Packers backup becuase the starter is AARON RODGERS, a franchise quarterback. 

As for him being cut, this is why Macc is the GM and not these emotional fans. 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

You realize there are like 6 of you and 6,000,000 naysayers, yes? 

That's like 10,000 people for every $1 Geno owed to IK Empicakmalai

SAR I

You also realize that the number naysayers is irrelevant right?  If everyone listened to the naysayers in their life they would not accomplish anything.  So I could care less how many people "believe" he sucks.  It is what he believes and does, if and when he gets another opportunity that matters. 

On 10/1/2016 at 0:54 AM, EM31 said:

Stop being an idiot.  You said (Smith) " was easily winning the early QB comp." when he got hit.   Except there never was any QB competition because Bowles had already named Smith as the returning starter before training camp commenced.  One was getting reps primarily with the starters (Smith) and the other, coming off an injury was getting reps with the backups.  There was no competition therefore there was no competition for Geno to be "winning".

Should I use smaller words?

It was a little of both. 

Bowles automatically gives the incumbent the job (or however he likes to dress it up, like "it's his job to lose" & such). At the same time, he was outperforming Fitzpatrick from all camp reports, when he decided to make the ultimate non-leadership move over a whopping $600. 

In other words, there wasn't any real competition but if there was one he wasn't losing it before any preseason games. 

Coming off injury or not, Fitz was throwing lots of picks last year in camp. Then he did it during the season (dumb luck so many were simply dropped by defenses when his passes hit them in the hands, chest, or facemask) and he is doing it again this season. He stinks. That Smith also stinks doesn't help the Jets or us as fans.

IMO it's Bowles' nature to hand jobs to people if they're incumbent or high draft picks. Said starter can then lose it, but he does tend to announce a starter (at any position) and then let that person lose it. Not exactly a level playing field, as the starter doesn't have to win the job so much as not fall flat on his face in order to keep his spot in the pecking order.

Want an example? What's Giacomini doing on the PUP list? He hasn't been getting replaced by the next coming of Damien Woody at RT, but I haven't seen any serious decline. Bet anything as soon as Giacomini comes off PUP and gets in a week or so of practice under his belt, that he's handed the starting job for the rest of the season & any improvement at the position will be negligible (if there's any improvement at all). Then next year the starting RT job will again be his job to lose.

It's one thing to announce someone like Mo is the starter. It's another thing when the announcement of this starting award is given to average or below average players. 

54 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're right, however, back up quarterbacks that do interviews only do interviews when the starter is playing like sh*t. 

C'mon SAR, be totally honest here. I dont want to hear "That doesnt matter". Geno took a back seat when Fitz got the job after his injury. Geno wasnt taking any interviews then outside of his scuffle with IK. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 interceptions for the world to see, he's looked like crap 3 of his last 4 games, the Jets also have a losing record during that time and quite frankly, Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt a franchise QB to where you dismiss the back up. If Aaron Rodgers had the exact 3 game performance CNN wouldnt be interviewing the Packers backup becuase the starter is AARON RODGERS, a franchise quarterback.

As for him being cut, this is why Macc is the GM and not these emotional fans. 

The moment the starting quarterback is having a rough stretch is not the time for the backup to start talking.  Especially with the injuries starting to mount and the schedule getting tough.

As always, Geno's sense of timing is just brutal.  Be it in the papers, on social media, or in the pocket, he's got no common sense, he's possibly the dumbest player in the league.  No hats and t-shirts for that, sorry.

SAR I

56 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You also realize that the number naysayers is irrelevant right?  If everyone listened to the naysayers in their life they would not accomplish anything.  So I could care less how many people "believe" he sucks.  It is what he believes and does, if and when he gets another opportunity that matters. 

All I know is if Geno gets any playing time this season it will only be because Bryce Petty got hurt.

If you want to hang your hat on that as some great Geno Smith accomplishment, go right ahead.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The moment the starting quarterback is having a rough stretch is not the time for the backup to start talking.  Especially with the injuries starting to mount and the schedule getting tough.

As always, Geno's sense of timing is just brutal.  Be it in the papers, on social media, or in the pocket, he's got no common sense, he's possibly the dumbest player in the league.  No hats and t-shirts for that, sorry.

SAR I

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Fitz, you wouldn't be saying a word about it. 

Fact

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Fitz, you wouldn't be saying a word about it. 

Fact

Not a fact. 

I don't like either of these quarterbacks, I just like the results Fitz got us in 18 games vs what I've seen from Geno in 29. 

I root for what's best for the Jets, I don't care about any individual player. I bleed green, I don't sniff jock. 

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not a fact. 

I don't like either of these quarterbacks, I just like the results Fitz got us in 18 games vs what I've seen from Geno in 29. 

I root for what's best for the Jets, I don't care about any individual player. I bleed green, I don't sniff jock. 

SAR I

Oh. You don't sniff jock, just talk about "jock pics"...I get it now. 

You totally walked into that one lol

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh. You don't sniff jock, just talk about "jock pics"...I get it now.

You totally walked into that one lol

Not understanding your point. 

You should not be in love with a player.  You should be in love with the team.  If you look at it objectively, Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback for this team and Geno doesn't belong here.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

... Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback for this team ...

This wouldn't be true for any professional American team.  Perhaps if there are other countries that have leagues, they could benefit from Fitz starting.

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You should not be in love with a player.  You should be in love with the team.  If you look at it objectively, Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback for this team and Geno doesn't belong here.

SAR I

Not objectively.

Fact is you dont know that Fitz is the best QB for this team.  He only is if its the Fitz of 2015 vs the Geno of 2014.  Problem is while Fitz is what Fitz is after 12 years, Geno might just be a work in progress and at this point might be the best QB for this team.  No one knows

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

This wouldn't be true for any professional American team.  Perhaps if there are other countries that have leagues, they could benefit from Fitz starting.

What does that say about Geno then?

Oh, right, everyone elses fault, and Macc/Bowles/Chan are all just stupid.

See, the believe in Geno, you must not believe in literally anyone else.  

We keep going round and round, it's not like the options are unlimited:  Fitz or Geno or Petty or Hack.  Or some street FA.

That's it.

The Franchise, Front Office, GM, Head Coach, O-Co and majority of the players and fans think Fitz is the best option for now.

A small minority of fans, and perhaps a player or two, think Geno is the best option.

That's reality.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Or believe 31 other teams were correct about not wanting Fitz.  And just accept the Jets had to keep fans happy to sell tickets.

It is what it is.  

I hyper skimmed the last few pages but let me guess.  The haters are using 1 sentence in an otherwise good article as the smoking gun in why Geno sucks, right?  Never mind the fact the other 1000 words paint a picture of a guy who is the polar opposite of what they're trying to portray.

"I'm too talented to be a backup"..  how dare he have confidence in himself.

"Geno is an immature punk for not talking to the media"!! 

as soon as he talks

"Geno should stfu"!!

gotta love it.

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I've never expressed love for Geno, however you've expressed hatred for Geno...and we know there's a thin line between those two feelings. 

You should take that advice my friend. 

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We keep going round and round, it's not like the options are unlimited:  Fitz or Geno or Petty or Hack.  Or some street FA.

That's it.

The Franchise, Front Office, GM, Head Coach, O-Co and majority of the players and fans think Fitz is the best option for now.

A small minority of fans, and perhaps a player or two, think Geno is the best option.

That's reality.

It says Geno was unable to hold onto the starting job due to IK.

That Fitz took the gift opportunity and ran with it, played well enough to help win 10 games and ensure that he would remain the starter unless he has an extended run of bad play.  Until that happens, and hes pushing that envelop right now, he plays.  Because hes owed the opportunity to straighten his shlt out.  Not because of your fantasy report that no one likes Geno or that the FO thinks he sucks.  Thats pure conjecture. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with Geno.  Its so easy, so obvious yet the Fitzoids feel the need to turn Fitz winning the job into Geno sucks.  Amazing how dumb that is, why do Fitz fans want to diminish the job he did a year ago for the opportunity to trash Geno more.  Thats what get me, lets not say we have two QBs who could win, lets say our guy plays only because the other one sucks.  No other reason.    

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

I hyper skimmed the last few pages but let me guess.  The haters are using 1 sentence in an otherwise good article as the smoking gun in why Geno sucks, right?  Never mind the fact the other 1000 words paint a picture of a guy who is the polar opposite of what they're trying to portray.

as soon as he talks

"Geno should stfu"!!

gotta love it.

Lol I forgot about that

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

This is awesome (and very comforting)...

Geno Smith is a backup now, but he might not be a backup for long.

Right. He may be third string soon. If you think that writer knows anything about what the Jets are doing at QB, you're incredibly naive. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right. He may be third string soon. If you think that writer knows anything about what the Jets are doing at QB, you're incredibly naive. 

I don't think the Jets know anything about what the Jets are doing at QB.

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

as soon as he talks

"Geno should stfu"!!

gotta love it.

How come the conquering heros words dont get dissected and analyzed this carefully.

After Sundays debacle he stood at the podium and said the last two interceptions really didnt count, that the game was over and he was just trying to make something happen.  Really?  The score was 17-3, game was over?  Not until the 5th and then the 6th was returned for 6.  

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How come the conquering heros words dont get dissected and analyzed this carefully.

After Sundays debacle he stood at the podium and said the last two interceptions really didnt count, that the game was over and he was just trying to make something happen.  Really?  The score was 17-3, game was over?  Not until the 5th and then the 6th was returned for 6.  

He said he was the reason they lost the game and he was right.  It doesn't get more honest than that.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He said he was the reason they lost the game and he was right.  It doesn't get more honest than that.

He did say it and he was right.  Was honest, yes.  Unless you listen to a few here who insist he wasnt to blame.

But I thought it was interesting that he said the last 2 INTs were meaningless when that was completely wrong.  Could have lost the score after the game, I'd want to move away from that game too

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He did say it and he was right.  Was honest, yes.  Unless you listen to a few here who insist he wasnt to blame.

But I thought it was interesting that he said the last 2 INTs were meaningless when that was completely wrong.  Could have lost the score after the game, I'd want to move away from that game too

Who said he wasn't to blame?  I've not seen a single person say that loss wasn't on him.

Archived