Call me crazy I think we beat Seahawks

drdetroit

Key will be building some early consistency and not falling into a hole score wise. If we're playing with a lead we should be OK, but get behind by a lot and players will start to press, mistakes will happen, and things will snowball just like in KC.

Even after a first half that had : an INT leading to a TD for KC on a short field (35 yards); a fumble leading to a FG on a short-ish drive (44 yards); and an immediate 7 point gift after that on the kick return, we were on the verge of making it a 7 point game with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter, and again with just over 8:16 left in the 4th quarter. 3 of Fitz's 6 INTs happened in the last 5 minutes of the game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Key will be building some early consistency and not falling into a hole score wise. If we're playing with a lead we should be OK, but get behind by a lot and players will start to press, mistakes will happen, and things will snowball just like in KC.

Even after a first half that had : an INT leading to a TD for KC on a short field (35 yards); a fumble leading to a FG on a short-ish drive (44 yards); and an immediate 7 point gift after that on the kick return, we were on the verge of making it a 7 point game with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter, and again with just over 8:16 left in the 4th quarter. 3 of Fitz's 6 INTs happened in the last 5 minutes of the game.

They had a great gameplan against us and we seemed to refuse to take what they gave us. They forced Fitz to throw into tight windows. Hopefully we come up with a counter by Sunday or we'll see this all year. The defense played well enough that we could have worked our way back but we needed to score 14 points in one throw.

The end of the game reminded me of "Tin cup". Haven't felt like talking about it since but just lay up and take the par. Nope...in the water...in the water...in the water...6 times. 

15 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If the oline does its job, they use Forte a lot, the DBs do their job and Fitz doesn't try to force the ball. They can win. It would also help if Seattle plays like sh*t. 

Would it kill us to actually run the ball in goal line situations?

3 of Fitz's picks were when we inexplicably went 5-wide on 1st and 2nd at goal

I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but even if we somehow beat Seattle, I think the performance by Fitz against the Chiefs will still be new in my head. 

I've lost so much confidence this past weekend. The fact that someone can throw 6 interceptions is mind boggling. Deep inside, I still think it might happen again down the road in week 7 or 8. 

17 hours ago, peebag said:

If I'm Seattle - I'm going to watch the film of the KC game and just lay back in pass coverage and make Fitztragic beat them.    

Yep.  Drop those fast hard hitting DB's and Safeties in a 3 deep cover zone and just tee off on the balloons Fitz throws and lay the wood when he leaves his receivers out to dry. Have the rest of the DB's play 10 yards of the LOS and keep Wagner in a flat zone to take away the slant. 

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

They had a great gameplan against us and we seemed to refuse to take what they gave us. They forced Fitz to throw into tight windows. Hopefully we come up with a counter by Sunday or we'll see this all year. The defense played well enough that we could have worked our way back but we needed to score 14 points in one throw.

The end of the game reminded me of "Tin cup". Haven't felt like talking about it since but just lay up and take the par. Nope...in the water...in the water...in the water...6 times. 

What???

It's only forced if one negates the possibility of finding the open receiver when standing in a clean pocket.

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What???

It's only forced if one negates the possibility of finding the open receiver when standing in a clean pocket.

If you read the rest of the post I was implying that if Fitz wanted to get the ball to Decker or Marshall deep then he had to make stick throws. I'm not saying this was the case on every play but the scheme was to dare them to throw deep, or make tight contested throws. I also implied that they could have run plays to take advantage of the tight coverage on Decker and Marshall deep.

The checkdown stuff was open but the Chiefs close very quickly with their LBs. They needed to run clear out routes designed to go to 3rd and 4th receivers underneath. Not sure why they use Mini Marshall so much when they didn't use Kerley last year, and why Anderson needs so much rest when he seems to be exactly the type of receiver we could have used. 

Running the ball could have been an option also. 

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The Jets never go quietly. They will not make it that easy for you. They will tease you into believing again. They will win until you cannot resist then they will pull the chair out from under you one more time. Book it. 

Prepare to beat the PAts in week 16 then lose to the Bills to miss the playoffs one more time. 

Agree wholeheartedly.   This is why I have learned to lighten my emotional investment in them.  It took many years but I now fully understand the pattern of this franchise, and it is up to them to change my expectations.

9 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If you read the rest of the post I was implying that if Fitz wanted to get the ball to Decker or Marshall deep then he had to make stick throws. I'm not saying this was the case on every play but the scheme was to dare them to throw deep, or make tight contested throws. I also implied that they could have run plays to take advantage of the tight coverage on Decker and Marshall deep.

The checkdown stuff was open but the Chiefs close very quickly with their LBs. They needed to run clear out routes designed to go to 3rd and 4th receivers underneath. Not sure why they use Mini Marshall so much when they didn't use Kerley last year, and why Anderson needs so much rest when he seems to be exactly the type of receiver we could have used. 

Then don't throw it to them. Throw it to one of our other talented receivers. We don't have just 1 or 2 pass catchers anymore.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This Jets team? Or the Jets in general.

This Jets team lost to a backup who won a playoff game. All the other times are irrelevant

Jets in general!   TJ Yates winning a playoff game means nothing.   Until the Jets are capable of taking away a team's strengths and taking advantage of a team weakness,  my point stands. 

Just now, TJ said:

Jets in general!   TJ Yates winning a playoff game means nothing.   Until the Jets are capable of taking away a team's strengths and taking advantage of a team weakness,  my point stands. 

Then it means nothing. I want to know how THIS JETS TEAM handles it. Past history means diddly in this situation.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then it means nothing. I want to know how THIS JETS TEAM handles it. Past history means diddly in this situation.

I posted my opinion and you posted yours.   You'll find out how THIS JETS TEAM does Sunday. 

4 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I hate when they go 5 wide empty backfield. It completely takes away the run option. It's stupid, especially with a guy like Fitz. 

Archived