Todd Bowles says what we already knew "Shi**y Game"

whodeawhodat

http://nypost.com/2016/09/25/todd-bowles-blasts-himself-and-jets-in-obscene-rant/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Most of the time Todd Bowles is so monotone you wonder if he has a pulse.

Now we know what it takes to roust Bowles from his usual flatline state: An embarrassing blowout loss.

In the aftermath of the Jets 24-3 loss to the Chiefs Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium, Bowles was as animated as he’s been since he became the Jets coach, spitting out curse words in rapid fire when describing the carnage he had just seen from his team, which committed eight turnovers and handed the Chiefs the victory.

“It wasn’t just the turnovers,’’ Bowles said. “We didn’t play well at all in any phase of the game. We took an ass-kicking.’’

Asked if his defense played well, hanging in and keeping the game within winning distance while the offense turned the ball over on five consecutive possessions at one point in the second half, Bowles would have none of that.

“Not at all,’’ he said tersely.

When asked about quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick’s six interceptions, Bowles said: “It wasn’t just Ryan. I can name a bunch of people and I can start with the coaches, too. It was a bunch of people, starting with the coaches. It was just a s—– game plan, s—– execution, s—– all around.

“I’m stung, disappointed, pissed off, mad. But it’s Game 3. We’ve got to regroup. We’re a team. We’re going to be together for a long time this year. We’ve got to regroup Monday, come back and get to work.’’

Modal Triggerfrr.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=195&strip
Ryan FitzpatrickPhoto: EPA

Bowles insisted his “trust is the same’’ in Fitzpatrick despite his quarterback having the worst game of his career.

“He had a bad day at the office,’’ he said. “Last week [in a win over Buffalo], he had a great day at the office. We’ve got to regroup. We’ve got to cut the turnovers. We’re not going to beat anybody turning the ball over.’’

The most alarming statement of all from Bowles was his admission the team was not ready to play, which is damning to the coaching staff.

“We could have came out prepared to play as a coaching staff better, starting with me,’’ he said. “We could have came out better prepared to play. We could have came out and executed better. We could have done a lot of things better. You can pick 50 million things when you lose. When nothing works, you have to change everything.’’

Jets players acknowledged Bowles’ assertion the team was not ready.

“We definitely needed a little bit more juice to start faster,’’ cornerback Buster Skrine said.

“We came out flat,’’ linebacker David Harris said. “[The Chiefs] wanted it more than we did. It was evident in the first quarter. That’s what happens to you when you play a good team. These things happen in the NFL. You can’t take anyone for granted. We just didn’t get the job done.

“We’ve got to learn from this. We’ve got to go back and have an honest look at the tape, be each other’s worst critic and get the mistakes fixed. Seattle is coming in next week, a very talented team. It’s going to be another very physical game. We’ve got to get ready mentally and physically for it.’’

"It's game 3."

Yeah, and you've allowed the Pats to pace the division title and 1-seed, while losing two wildcard tie-breakers. 

Game. Set. Match.

Count me in assuming the seasons over.  I want to say fifth bottomed out last year before going on a nice streak, but am not putting stock in anything now.

I have a hard time believing that there is no 'what if Fitz goes full Fitz' plan amongst coaches. Seeing how he played Buffalo, you get a sense of the ceiling, but this week the floor.

Floor is lower this year, than last. Apparently. So, how does this coach not be accountable to the rest of team by not having a plan for when Fitz needs to sit down?

Coach knows what he has in the player, yet doesn't have a plan to protect him from himself. 

The constant disappointment of rooting for the team is thoroughly exhausting. Coming to this website and seeing people revel in failure so that they can point back to the bad arguments they made during the summer is pathetic.  Illogical nonsense is still illogical nonsense.  Fitz was on Sunday exactly who his supporters said he had the capacity to be not just his detractors. 

Regardless, we are on the fast track to a one in five or one and six start. The minute Bryce petty is ready to take snaps he should be on the field if he sucks then get Hackenberg out there.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"It's game 3."

Yeah, and you've allowed the Pats to pace the division title and 1-seed, while losing two wildcard tie-breakers. 

Game. Set. Match.

Count me in assuming the seasons over.  I want to say fifth bottomed out last year before going on a nice streak, but am not putting stock in anything now.

I have a hard time believing that there is no 'what if Fitz goes full Fitz' plan amongst coaches. Seeing how he played Buffalo, you get a sense of the ceiling, but this week the floor.

Floor is lower this year, than last. Apparently. So, how does this coach not be accountable to the rest of team by not having a plan for when Fitz needs to sit down?

Coach knows what he has in the player, yet doesn't have a plan to protect him from himself. 

The constant disappointment of rooting for the team is thoroughly exhausting. Coming to this website and seeing people revel in failure so that they can point back to the bad arguments they made during the summer is pathetic.  Illogical nonsense is still illogical nonsense.  Fitz was on Sunday exactly who his supporters said he had the capacity to be not just his detractors. 

Regardless, we are on the fast track to a one in five or one and six start. The minute Bryce petty is ready to take snaps he should be on the field if he sucks then get Hackenberg out there.

EXPECTATIONS IN SPORTS ARE EVIL.

Anyone expecting THIS team to win the division are clueless.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"It's game 3."

Game. Set. Match.

If we play like we did yesterday, we are a lock for going 1-5 to start the season.  I think the reason that noone was brought in and sit Fitz was that we had a very real shot at pulling this one out.  Unfortunately we continued to sh!t the bed until the bitter end of this game.  Took a ton of sh*tty play from our offense to lose this, their fvcking defense outscored our offense.. 

I still have hope that we have more games like a week and a half ago and only 1 or 2 games like yesterday in our season.  We will see how this plays out.

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"It's game 3."

Game. Set. Match.

I accept your surrender.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"It's game 3."

Game. Set. Match.

Well said.

I dont know when Belichick's contract comes up for renewal but if it is anytime soon Johnson should offer him double or triple anything Kraft is offering and let him be the GM and HC and also offer a minority ownership stake and if it makes him happy replace all the secretaries with swim suit models of his choosing.

Then and only then will  this franchise turn from laughing stock to winners.

59 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

EXPECTATIONS IN SPORTS ARE EVIL.

Anyone expecting THIS team to win the division are clueless.

The bolded is the hardest part for me...  Looking at the match-up and feeling like "we" could win this game, if we made some adjustments from the first two.  Reality sets in as my expectations are crushed within the first quarter.

From Integrity's post: "The constant disappointment of rooting for the team is thoroughly exhausting."  

This is also happening to me...  I sit down with my 10 year old son to watch the game and I tell myself "control the emotions, don't get too pissed off, be positive", he hates when I "lose it" after a bad play(s).  So, after the defense holds KC to a field goal to make it 10-0, I'm thinking "ok, we've got momentum now, we're coming back".  During the commercial, I flip on the Steelers game, come back and see KC kicking an extra point.  I thought it was a replay of the FG at first, until I see the score is 17-0...  I hate to say it, but I turned it off at that point, otherwise I would have "lost it". 

i know, most of this is my fault, getting my hopes up, wanting this team to be really successful, screaming at the TV when it doesn't go our way, but I don't know of any other way to root for my teams.  I can't just sit there as a calm, detached viewer, I get so emotional, and to Integrity's point it's exhausting.  

To make it more infuriating, briefly watching that Steelers/Eagles game, I get to see a 21(?) year old Wentz calmly side step a blitzing Pitt LB, move up and run laterally to the LOS and hit Sproles (in stride) for a 73 yard TD.  I'm thinking, when.  When will we have that kind of QB...  I really hope it is Petty, but expectations and stuff.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get that off my chest...

5 minutes ago, ID. said:

The bolded is the hardest part for me...  Looking at the match-up and feeling like "we" could win this game, if we made some adjustments from the first two.  Reality sets in as my expectations are crushed within the first quarter.

From Integrity's post: "The constant disappointment of rooting for the team is thoroughly exhausting."  

This is also happening to me...  I sit down with my 10 year old son to watch the game and I tell myself "control the emotions, don't get too pissed off, be positive", he hates when I "lose it" after a bad play(s).  So, after the defense holds KC to a field goal to make it 10-0, I'm thinking "ok, we've got momentum now, we're coming back".  During the commercial, I flip on the Steelers game, come back and see KC kicking an extra point.  I thought it was a replay of the FG at first, until I see the score is 17-0...  I hate to say it, but I turned it off at that point, otherwise I would have "lost it". 

i know, most of this is my fault, getting my hopes up, wanting this team to be really successful, screaming at the TV when it doesn't go our way, but I don't know of any other way to root for my teams.  I can't just sit there as a calm, detached viewer, I get so emotional, and to Integrity's point it's exhausting.  

To make it more infuriating, briefly watching that Steelers/Eagles game, I get to see a 21(?) year old Wentz calmly side step a blitzing Pitt LB, move up and run laterally to the LOS and hit Sproles (in stride) for a 73 yard TD.  I'm thinking, when.  When will we have that kind of QB...  I really hope it is Petty, but expectations and stuff.

Been a fan since January 12th, 1969.  Just so you know, it doesn't get any easier or better.

Save yourself.   

Also...welcome to the board!

Up and down season so far, is the only legitimate take at this point.  While I am concerned about the Pitt and AZ games, both of them looked bad yesterday, so it's not like a win against Seattle will nonetheless assuredly be followed by two losses.  And look at Baltimore at 3-0.

Teams play the schedule one game at a time, and imo the Seahawks are not the team they were two years ago.  They are having trouble scoring, and apparently WIlson will be hurt.  A win against them and a lot of the hand wringing will be diminished.

Having said that a loss this coming week with the next two road games coming up, then the Ravens, with two games against NEP still ahead, and yeah, I will get on board "The Season is Over" bandwagon.  Key game in short.

26 minutes ago, ID. said:

Glad you brought up the steelers game, how did they do yesterday? Wonder if the pitchforks are out in Pitt like they are here.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This was a real Rex after a bye week effort.  Every single part of the team stunk like a skunk.

D gave up 10 points after our O turned it over 8 times. I want them to stink like that every wk. 

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

Glad you brought up the steelers game, how did they do yesterday? Wonder if the pitchforks are out in Pitt like they are here.

No. Because our legacy is collapse and humiliation. Theirs is winning.

Benefit of the doubt is earned.

Archived