Some real facts about the coaches and the situation

UnitedWhofans

1. This was the first game in the Todd Bowles era that he was properly blown out in. Rex had a few of these games in his first season. Bowles hasn't. Oakland doesnt count because they came back to within one score

2. This was the first game of the Todd Bowles era that the offense scored fewer than 17 points. That tells you how good a coordinator Chan Gailey has been

3. The defense gave up 10 points. That should be good enough to win in this NFL

4. This team is mediocre and was always going to be mediocre. 7 wins was most people's expectations and I think they are headed for that.

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick is here for one year. Macc was smart to sign him for only one year, Especially when fans and media were clamoring for him.

6. Darron Lee, Robby Anderson, Burris, and after the fumble, Jalin Marshall played ok. Rookies playing well is very important so we can keep getting young talent in.

7. You cant keep firing coaches after 2 years. Lack of continuity leads to mediocrity. Also patience with young players is needed so that we can kick the cycle of mediocrity.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Disagree the entire NFL knows Fitzpatrick is a bum id rather see rookies playing and throwing 6 INTs than a 34 year old bum who isn't taking this team anywhere. 

That's understandable, but if we had started Geno this year or the rookies, do you think the fans would have patience with them?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's understandable, but if we had started Geno this year or the rookies, do you think the fans would have patience with them?

Fans are paying for this those with PSLs and game tickets what we saw yesterday was the worst performance on the field in a very long time. 

Let's be fair - for all of those who are saying now that they don't like the Fitz signing (and even those who didn't like it when it happened).

There was a chance (yes a slim one) that we could compete this year. If you have a team that can compete, you don't just throw in the towel and let anyone run the team. Even if we had picked a QB in the first last year; you want the proven (even if proven to not be great) veteran there. Macc made it clear that Fitz was only going to start one year (even if he was signed to multiple years). Everyone of the analysts said the Fitz was the Jets best option this year (and the Jets was Fitz's best option).

He didn't (and you don't) sign Fitz because he was worried about the media/fan backlash. He signed Fitz as he thought it was his best shot for the Jets to be relevant this year. Had the schedule been easier or been easier early on, maybe you go with Petty/Geno, whatever.

You want to be relevant. You want your vets giving it there all and showing the rookies how it works. You want to build a culture of fighting and winning (granted we did neither yesterday). That is why he signed Fitz.

Fitz is probably worth the 9-10 million. On a single year basis and no long term security that becomes about 12 million. He was a 1 year fix. When Mac got here the cupboard was bare. It was bare at WR, it was bare at LB, and it was bare at secondary. He has made progress in all of those areas (some more than others) in just 2 years. It was also bare at QB. It often takes a QB a year or two to be ready to play and so it takes longer to restock that position. He now has 2 players that MAY be the future. I would expect, depending on how they progress, there may even be a 3rd after the next draft.

Hopefully, this is the only real stinker (whole team, including the coaching). Hopefully it was just a perfect storm and the year gets better.

If they drop 2 or 3 of the next 5 it will be time to move on and cut/trade Geno, play Petty and move Hack to #3; if it turns out that Petty cannot start next year (and the same for Hack) it will be time to move on from one of them as well.

Personally, I don't think it is time to move on (or think of moving on) from Mac, Bowles, or Gailey, but they cannot continue to do what they did yesterday. 

He's ******* 50 years old. He is what he is. He is stubborn and can't master obvious situations. He sucks. 

He's the baseball manager that let's his pitcher give up 9 runs and  doesn't pull him

He's  the  hockey coach who let's his goalie give up 7 goals

Wtf Todd get a clue

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

#5 Macc was not smart signing Fitzpatrick 

Who would you have rather had? Fitzy is what he is we all know that he is limited and struggles against tight coverage. Decker and Marshall have to show they are elite by getting open, which they didn't do against KC. The play calling was for sh*te also, and Gailey can't have another one of those where he forgets he has a top RB in the red zone. Bowles needs to show leadership and get Gailey under control. Fitz isn't Tom Brady or even anything close, but the Jets can win with him if they play call to his strength not his weakness.

41 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. This was the first game in the Todd Bowles era that he was properly blown out in. Rex had a few of these games in his first season. Bowles hasn't. Oakland doesnt count because they came back to within one score

2. This was the first game of the Todd Bowles era that the offense scored fewer than 17 points. That tells you how good a coordinator Chan Gailey has been

3. The defense gave up 10 points. That should be good enough to win in this NFL

4. This team is mediocre and was always going to be mediocre. 7 wins was most people's expectations and I think they are headed for that.

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick is here for one year. Macc was smart to sign him for only one year, Especially when fans and media were clamoring for him.

6. Darron Lee, Robby Anderson, Burris, and after the fumble, Jalin Marshall played ok. Rookies playing well is very important so we can keep getting young talent in.

7. You cant keep firing coaches after 2 years. Lack of continuity leads to mediocrity. Also patience with young players is needed so that we can kick the cycle of mediocrity.

We need to get Woody to sell the team to a "football" owner ; we might stand a chance then .

The Fitz signing was necessary for a few reasons. 

1. He is a QB that leads his team.  He is vocal and has the respect of the team.

2. The Jets have a nucleus of players that organization blevives gives them a shot at the playoffs especially with Brady out 4 games (yeah right)

2.  Didn't make the playoffs but showed that his noodle arm can move an offense.

3. Coaches and players don't like Geno and he is a gonner next year.

4. Hack is supposedly the future and and he could be a good mentor

Just now, no psls said:

How long have you been a season ticket holder dickhead ?

Never. Maybe you shouldnt be either.

Here's another problem. Universally, everybody loved the Todd Bowles hire. Now they hate it. If you want to vote for a president , my belief is that you cant complain about the candidate you back because you had a choice.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Who would you have rather had? Fitzy is what he is we all know that he is limited and struggles against tight coverage. Decker and Marshall have to show they are elite by getting open, which they didn't do against KC. The play calling was for sh*te also, and Gailey can't have another one of those where he forgets he has a top RB in the red zone. Bowles needs to show leadership and get Gailey under control. Fitz isn't Tom Brady or even anything close, but the Jets can win with him if they play call to his strength not his weakness.

I'm one of those who didn't want Fitztragic back.  Having him as qb this season does nothing for building success for the future.

We aren't going to the playoffs this year so why not play the backups?  

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Never. Maybe you shouldnt be either.

Here's another problem. Universally, everybody loved the Todd Bowles hire. Now they hate it. If you want to vote for a president , my belief is that you cant complain about the candidate you back because you had a choice.

Until you spend some money on the team , SHUT-UP !!!!!!

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Not happening. So either go away or live with it

The problem - for once - is NOT Woody Johnson. He did his due diligence and brought the Jets a keen GM and HC. The OC is another thing entirely when he forgets he has a top RB in the red zone and goes Bruce Coslet on us inside the 10. Fitz had a bad game mostly because he was being asked to make throws that he was struggling with and no adjustments were made. I saw nothing but down field throws. No slants, no screens no dumpoffs to the backs, just run straight down the field and let Fitz overthrow you by a mile. That cannot happen again. Gailey is better than that, or at least he should be. I would have made a move after the second end zone pick and see if Geno couldn't provide a spark. Sometimes you have to, if a guy doesn't have it that day.

Everyone knew the schedule was brutal.

Everyone knew that going into KC and winning would be very hard, particularly if you studied how the 2 teams matched up.  Getting blown out was not expected.

Everyone knew that being 2-1 at Week 3 was close to as good as it was going to get.  

The Jets, for all of Revis' problems, were a bad Nick Folk game away from beating the Bengals at home.  In retrospect they really needed that game.

So they basically have to make it up and find a way to beat the Seahawks at home to be relevant.  I think the Jets match up better against the Seahawks than Chiefs.

But if I were Todd Bowles I would be less focused on winning and more focused on preparing for and playing good football.  The defense has been horribly schemed, this year, and the secondary has been plain awful.  If they can play better in the secondary, and the DL can dominate the Seahawks line and someone can spy Wilson, maybe the Jets have a chance of winning.

40 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
2 minutes ago, no psls said:

Until you spend some money on the team , SHUT-UP !!!!!!

Anyone stupid enough to "spend money" on the Jets really should shut up. I pay for DirecTV, specifically to watch the Jets in the comfort of my Man Cave. That you spend money to sit in an arctic sh*thole that isn't even fully dedicated to your team is your stupidity.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Anyone stupid enough to "spend money" on the Jets really should shut up. I pay for DirecTV, specifically to watch the Jets in the comfort of my Man Cave. That you spend money to sit in an arctic sh*thole that isn't even fully dedicated to your team is your stupidity.

No one cares about you since you're from Philly ; go beat up Santa Claus !!!!!!

Again I am perfectly convinced that the fanbase is the reason why this team wont win ANYTHING. Too reactionary and too loud and stupid.

Especially given a non football owner, Woody Johnson, who left the major decisions to Casserly and Wolf, two football guys. That's exactly what a non football owner should do. 

So if the owner is doing the right thing, it has to be the fanbase.

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Referring to a room in your home as your "man cave" disqualifies you as an authority on what "stupidity" is.

Sorry, but you can't overreact when a team gets blown out (it was totally painful to watch). You have to have a plan and execute on it. There will be 'bumps' in the road.

You want a different owner - be careful what you wish for; we could have an owner like the Redskins, Cleveland, Miami. Also, you will likely see the FO gone.

You want a different GM - again, it could be much worse. also you fire a GM because they fail to build a quality team. The talent on this team is on a rise; you don't fire a GM for a bad game.

You want a different HC - again. who do you want in his place? you want Rex back? Who do you think you are going to get? Another retread - why are they not coaching someplace else? Another rookie HC; you don't want to give Bowles time to lean and grow, what makes you think you can wait for the next guy. Cower? It took him 12 years and Rapesburger to win the big game. But you want to eject Bowles after 1+ years.

You want a different OC - again; who? remember this team now routinely (okay not yesterday) gets us 17 point/game; you want to go back to Shotty? This guy gets the most out of our QB.

You want a different QB - again, who? there were no options for trading for Glenon; hell why not trade for A. Rodgers (he had a bad game or two - he should be cheap)? You wanted to draft Lynch? I wanted the Jets to want him too, but we didn't draft him. For some reason our GM/coaches did see a great fit. Even Denver isn't starting him, they gave the keys to 7th round pick in hopes of winning the SB while letting him sit. Sound familiar?

Yesterday sucked. It just sucked. But you don't scrap a FO, owner over it. You have to fix it, but let's not look or act like the Bills and throw someone under the bus just to feel better.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Again I am perfectly convinced that the fanbase is the reason why this team wont win ANYTHING. Too reactionary and too loud and stupid.

Especially given a non football owner, Woody Johnson, who left the major decisions to Casserly and Wolf, two football guys. That's exactly what a non football owner should do. 

So if the owner is doing the right thing, it has to be the fanbase.

Well, since the fanbase won't change, why don't you heed your own advice?

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So either go away or live with it

Rather than ruining the game thread each week, and then making other threads telling people how to be fans?

Archived