What Would You Do At Quarterback vs. Seattle & Beyond?

Warfish

What Would You Do At Quarterback vs. Seattle & Beyond?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Do At Quarterback vs. Seattle & Beyond?

• 1. Stay the Course, Start Fitzpatrick. He's Our #1 for 2016 for Better or Worse!
    • 2. Stay the Course, Start Fitzpatrick on a Game-by-Game Short-Leash Basis. If he looks bad, pull him for Geno Smith!
    • 3. Make a Change, Start Geno Smith, lets see what he can do with a fair chance and these weapons!
    • 4. Make a Change, Start Bryce Petty, lets see if he can be the future of the Franchise or not!
    • 5. Make a Change, Start Hackenberg, he was our #2 Pick, Other Teams Start Kids, Why Can't We?

Start Geno till Petty gets healthy and some reps. Petty could be back by mid season. No way Fitz should see the field again for the Jets. 3 of his last 4 games have been horrible with the severe underperformance yesterday. He has trended down and now out imo

Smith and Fitz will not be here next season imo

I'm sorry, but the notion that Bryce Petty, he of the ONE spectacular pre-season HALF and who the Jets thought so much of before that game they drafted ANOTHER guy with a #2 pick, is the savior seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

That said, I believe virtually anyone with physical tools can be trained to be a good QB. It's a reliance on a "game manager" who can't throw accurately or deep that is the ultimate stupidity.

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'm sorry, but the notion that Bryce Petty, he of the ONE spectacular pre-season game and who the Jets thought so much of before that game they drafted ANOTHER guy with a #2 pick, is the savior seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

That said, I believe virtually anyone with physical tools can be trained to be a good QB. It's a reliance on a "game manager" who can't throw accurately or deep that is the ultimate stupidity.

Interesting.

Short-short leash on Fitz, Geno in the hanger ready to go.

Why?

Because despite many's attempt to say otherwise, we are a WIN NOW team, just not a very good one. We've spent like a baller and thus i would try to win now with Fitz/Geno. When that becomes a lost hope, I'd be seeing Petty looks like with live rounds. 

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'm sorry, but the notion that Bryce Petty, he of the ONE spectacular pre-season game and who the Jets thought so much of before that game they drafted ANOTHER guy with a #2 pick, is the savior seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

Did Carson Wentz light it up in the pre-season?  Dak Prescott?  With Petty just like with Geno, pre-season play isn't that big a deal in determining actual game performance.  If Bowles has zero interest in playing Geno unless Fitz is injured, I'd start getting Petty's rehab accelerated to the point where he'd be able to play by mid-season if Fitz continues to suck.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Short-short leash on Fitz, Geno in the hanger ready to go.

Why?

Because despite many's attempt to say otherwise, we are a WIN NOW team, just not a very good one. We've spent like a baller and thus i would try to win now with Fitz/Geno. When that becomes a lost hope, I'd be seeing Petty looks like with live rounds. 

with revis playing like crap, fitz playing like crap, harris slower than ever and marshall not having near the impact he had last season, why are the jets in 'win now' mode?  

Everyone involved with or near the NFL said Carson Wentz would suck because he had no PS preparation time and look what has gone on. Point is, you never know until a guy steps on the field in a real game. With intelligent offensive scheming, he could succeed from the get go, we just don't know. I am not saying petty is Wentz or anything close, but how the hell will we ever know if the guy is never allowed to play? Anything, and I mean anything would be better than that garbage we all saw yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

with revis playing like crap, fitz playing like crap, harris slower than ever and marshall not having near the impact he had last season, why are the jets in 'win now' mode?  

Don't ask me dude, ask your demi-god GM Mac. He built this team to err on the side of championship, and it's not working right now. Another couple weeks of this, and you're gonna start hearing "blow it up" talk. Maybe not from a coaching stand point, but Fitz/Revis/Marshall etc. Bring in the youth movement. 

I get it: Fitzpatrick avoids sacks by getting the ball out. And that's a good thing mostly. But sometimes, you need to hold the ball longer so that your deep patterns have a chance to develop. Fitzpatrick ONLY takes the first available. Well, except for the most recent Buffalo game, where he threw downfield. And the Bills were so unprepared for it, they basically took a knee.

But then Fitzpatrick went back to the old Fitzpatrick: throwing to the first read. Yeah, few sacks, but 6 INTs.

I think the funniest posts are the ones where his fans blame the receivers for not catching balls thrown high and with defenders draped all over them.

Just now, Paradis said:

Don't ask me dude, ask your demi-god GM Mac. He built this team to err on the side of championship, and it's not working right now. Another couple weeks of this, and you're gonna start hearing "blow it up" talk. Maybe not from a coaching stand point, but Fitz/Revis/Marshall etc. Bring in the youth movement. 

he's replentished talent at most positions and is grooming 2 qbs.  he inherited geno and traded for fitz.  this is not the team mccags wants.  he wants one of his new qbs to lead the team, they're just not ready yet, at least hack isn't.  mccags was on those texans teams that were loaded but couldn't advance in the playoffs b/c their qbs sucked.  his goal is not to go to war with these guys, just has no choice right now.

I'm all in on Macc's strategy of continuing to draft a QB till you find one.  However, that doesn't give the guy a free pass, eventually one of these guys has to play and be given a chance.  I don't want to rush it because I do believe you can ruin a player that way but you look around the league and see teams having success with young QB's and it does make you think.  I'm not ready to throw Petty out there next week but if Fitz continues to struggle and this season goes downhill he has to be given a chance for his sake and for the Jets so they know what they have going forward.

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

I'm all in on Macc's strategy of continuing to draft a QB till you find one.  However, that doesn't give the guy a free pass, eventually one of these guys has to play and be given a chance.  I don't want to rush it because I do believe you can ruin a player that way but you look around the league and see teams having success with young QB's and it does make you think.  I'm not ready to throw Petty out there next week but if Fitz continues to struggle and this season goes downhill he has to be given a chance for his sake and for the Jets so they know what they have going forward.

there's a reason he's active despite the shoulder injury.  they're preparing him to play the 2nd half of the season.

29 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Stay the course - Fitz earned the right to play this season out as our starter with his performance last year. If he struggles and we go under, start Petty.

Geno is not an option.

That's what I would go with, so I voted #2, but Petty, not Geno.

mccags was on those texans teams that were loaded but couldn't advance in the playoffs b/c their qbs sucked.  his goal is not to go to war with these guys, just has no choice right now.

Apple doesn't fall from the tree. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Apple doesn't fall from the tree. 

unlike the rex/tanny regime, mccags is not going to throw his qbs in there if he doesn't think they're ready.  you're just not used to teams developing qbs b/c the jets have never done this.  i don't understand why you're blaming mccags now.  blame him if petty and hack suck.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

unlike the rex/tanny regime, mccags is not going to throw his qbs in there if he doesn't think they're ready.  you're just not used to teams developing qbs b/c the jets have never done this.  i don't understand why you're blaming mccags now.  blame him if petty and hack suck.  

Partially because i really do believe that Petty and Hackenberg suck. Stupid fcking picks. 

Now, they're Jets so i'm holding out hope... but look around the league man. Jigs up. Young QBs are playing and playing well. Petty couldn't even beat out Geno - you know the guy you and 3/4 of america blame for global warming and things of that nature. Petty couldn't even convince the staff to let him go. Jesus are you kidding me?? You can't beat Geno out? Redshirt year!?! WTF did we spend a pick on a guy who needs a red shirt year. 

They suck ass. That's my problem. 

33 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Stay the course - Fitz earned the right to play this season out as our starter with his performance last year. If he struggles and we go under, start Petty.

Geno is not an option.

I agree. Geno is not a real option. We have all seen how limited he is and even with a better cast of WR's he still struggles at recognizing defenses. For all those who say Geno never got a shot they must forget that his brainfart cost the Jets a game against the Pats last season. Stay the course with Fitz and if the team loses games with him, bring Petty in. I liked what I saw of him in preseason. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Partially because i really do believe that Petty and Hackenberg suck. Stupid fcking picks. 

Now, they're Jets so i'm holding out hope... but look around the league man. Jigs up. Young QBs are playing and playing well. Petty couldn't even beat out Geno - you know the guy you and 3/4 of america blame for global warming and things of that nature. Petty couldn't even convince the staff to let him.

Both of the suck ass. That's my problem. 

fair points.  they may suck.  we'll see petty first, later in the season.  

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I agree. Geno is not a real option. We have all seen how limited he is and even with a better cast of WR's he still struggles at recognizing defenses. For all those who say Geno never got a shot they must forget that his brainfart cost the Jets a game against the Pats last season. Stay the course with Fitz and if the team loses games with him, bring Petty in. I liked what I saw of him in preseason. 

I'm sorry, I don't remember Geno Smith "brainfart" that cost a game against the Pats. Refresh my memory please. Didn't he only play against Oakland and had two TDs and 1 INT in that game?

Tanny & Rex threw them in and fans cried that they did nothing to deserve their starts and it ruined 2'QBs.

Now as soon as Fitz screws up it time to cry that Macc and Bowles need to put in an unproven QB who has never earned a start.

interesting

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Tanny & Rex threw them in and fans cried that they did nothing to deserve their starts and it ruined 2'QBs.

Now as soon as Fitz screws up it time to cry that Macc and Bowles need to put in an unproven QB who has never earned a start.

interesting

exactly.  sanchez and geno never had a chance, though that doesn't mean with proper coaching and patience they'd be good or even decent.  

Archived