PFF: Fitz earned lowest grade ever by QB vs Chiefs

Paradis

What Fitz said after the game was that he knew he was throwing into areas with potential for interceptions late in the game. And didn't care because he was trying to get back into the game. So he obviously was not worried about bad stats. Which he compounded upon with the latter picks,. So you can jump all over him if you want to about worst ever stats. Which hurts him more than anyone when he goes to negotiate a new deal. It's good to have a Qb who isn't worried about numbers that could hurt him in the long run money wise. And cares more about the game. But his earlier picks were terrible judgment. And too bad because the Jets beat themselves yesterday even though KC played a very smart and solid game. We might have lost anyways even without the picks but it would have been a good contest. We can do better than this. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

When you rebuild fully, thats what happens. Your roster is young and mostly bad

I would say that the Jets don't need a "full rebuild". They have replaced a lot of aging and underperforming players already. The OL, that was aging is stocked with younger players who are actually playing well. the DL is completely young. The LBs, mostly young. The secondary ahs many young players on it. The WRs have a pipeline of young, good talent.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What Fitz said after the game was that he knew he was throwing into areas with potential for interceptions late in the game. And didn't care because he was trying to get back into the game. So he obviously was not worried about bad stats. Which he compounded upon with the latter picks,. So you can jump all over him if you want to about worst ever stats. Which hurts him more than anyone when he goes to negotiate a new deal. It's good to have a Qb who isn't worried about numbers that could hurt him in the long run money wise. And cares more about the game. But his earlier picks were terrible judgment. And too bad because the Jets beat themselves yesterday even though KC played a very smart and solid game. He might have lost anyways even without the picks but it would have been a good contest. We can do better than this. 

He's too dumb to realize it he is a gun slinger minus the gun 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Book1-Excel-26_09_2016-15_14_13-2.png

Somewhat interesting that the Chiefs defense is responsible for three of those ten. Plus the hurting they put on brady* a couple of years ago too.

They're doing something right, I guess. 

I didn't see much that they did. Fitz through into double and triple coverage.

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Incompetence on this particular issue started in 2015. It's not one decision that was poorly handled. Macc inherited a team with a lot of needs - but also a lot of money. He spent beyond what I would call simply filling the gaps. It's not to say that every decision was poor, yet the theme has always been -- emphasis on the present over the future. Add in totally botched QB situation we have now (1 aged fraud, 1 public enemy, and 2 sh*t projects) and we have to start asking questions... what's the plan Mike? Hackenberg as an answer isn't gonna cut it pal.  

That's not what I asked you.   

If the Jets wish to win now, who is the best QB to accomplish that?

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The whole board literally just claimed that PFF sucked just last week. The jejune brigade has been vomiting out the same jizz soaked drek about how statistics suck all summer. But now it says the things I want them to say, so check it out! 

The proof was left on the field yesterday in KC 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ryan-fitzpatrick-just-earned-the-lowest-pff-grade-weve-ever-given-a-qb/

Guess the next question is, how long does his smile and bromance with the players continue to cast shade over the truth about what we're trying to do this season? 

How many versions of the same ******* thread do you need to make?

26 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Different kind of offensive this week. 

Last week he was the best offensive player of the week.

This week is he is the most offensive player of the week.

A man of many talents.

I think we all agree that he earned that sh!t this week, last week was argued against....

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

Just as an example, they rated Hack undraftable. While he certainly needs work, I think he has the highest potential of any QB in that draft class.

Lol.  So, the fact that a guy was bad for his last two years in college, and made to look better by a WR who's turned into a very good pro in his first year of college, and isn't good enough to merit preseason or training camp reps, and isn't good enough to be 3rd String with his competition being Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty is called undraftable is damming for those that said it?  If that isn't "undraftable" what exactly would it take for a player to be undraftable?

This is Fitzpatrick. He does the same thing everywhere he goes. Starter gets hurt...has stretch of games where he plays somewhat well...team stupidly believes he can be their starter...FITZ MAGIC TIME!

Now that it is FITZ MAGIC TIME there is no putting the slipper back on his foot.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Guess the next question is, how long does his smile and bromance with the players continue to cast shade over the truth about what we're trying to do this season? 

And just what do you think the Jets are "trying to do" this season?  Here, I'll tell you:

We are trying to go 7-9 as respectfully and positively as we can, we are trying to appease older vets and an impatient fanbase with the best QB we can find on the scrap heap, we are trying to buy a little time so when Bryce Petty is inserted around Thanksgiving he is prepared.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't our problem.  The fact that every QB prospect we draft and rush into service busts, is.  If you want to point a finger at a QB for our woes, point it straight at Geno Smith who was drafted to be our franchise quarterback by now and has failed miserably.  Fitzpatrick is a JAG playing like a JAG, there are no expectations that he's capable of leading us to the playoffs.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Lol.  So, the fact that a guy was bad for his last two years in college, and made to look better by a WR who's turned into a very good pro in his first year of college, and isn't good enough to merit preseason or training camp reps, and isn't good enough to be 3rd String with his competition being Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty is called undraftable is damming for those that said it?  If that isn't "undraftable" what exactly would it take for a player to be undraftable?

I love the strategy Mike Maccagnan is developing. 

In a year where you can't get a Top 3 sure-thing QB prospect, you find the very best quarterback who played in the neverland of "not a pro system" in college, someone who has all the physical tools, and you coach him into the pro-style system that he didn't experience.

The upside here is enormous, if Petty or Hackenberg play in the NFL like they flashed in these non-pro systems in college we'll strike gold.  The downside here is time.  To take a guy like this and mold him into a pro-style talent it takes a few years and you have to carry a couple to hedge your bet. 

Love the Petty and Hackenberg selections, let's see how this plays out later this season and next summer.

SAR I

Since '89!  And this is undoubtedly a much more QB/pass friendly league.  Basically we should all feel proud.  We witnessed the worst QB performance ever.  (But Bowles acts surprised when asked if Ditz is still the starter.)

"Some historic lows for Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets: The first QB with six INTs and no TD passes since 1989 (Tom Tupa, Cards). Three red-zone INTs in a span of five attempts; had three in previous 192 attempts, dating to 2012. Eight turnovers tied for the second-most in team history, the most since 1976."  - Cimini 

Just now, SAR I said:

I love the strategy Mike Maccagnan is developing. 

In a year where you can't get a Top 3 sure-thing QB prospect, you find the very best quarterback who played in the neverland of "not a pro system" in college, someone who has all the physical tools, and you coach him into the pro-style system that he didn't experience.

The upside here is enormous, if Petty or Hackenberg play in the NFL like they flashed in these oddball systems in college we'll strike gold.  The downside here is time.  To take a guy like this and mold him into a pro-style talent it takes a few years and you have to carry a couple to hedge your bet. 

Love the Petty and Hackenberg selections, let's see how this plays out later this season and next summer.

SAR I

and there were rumors he inquired about trading up in both drafts.  the guy is clearly on a hunt for qbs.  to tanny's credit he tried too, getting farve, drafting sanchez, etc.  they just had no system or coaching to develop anyone.

35 minutes ago, phill1c said:

quippy and stupid, try again, moron.

The chiefs defense is on a chart for worst QB ratings three different times, not even including what they did to brady* a couple of years ago that had everyone saying brady* was done and should be traded. That was my entire point. You quoted me and said the chiefs D did nothing. And then somehow threw fitz in there.

Please, don't try again. Just leave. 

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is Fitzpatrick. He does the same thing everywhere he goes. Starter gets hurt...has stretch of games where he plays somewhat well...team stupidly believes he can be their starter...FITZ MAGIC TIME!

And this surprises you why?

Did you actually think that a 34 year old journeyman playing on his 6th team in 12 years was going to turn into Tom Brady?

Ryan Fitzpatrick's body of work in his 18 games in New York is exactly what he's supposed to produce.  A journeyman NFL quarterback sticks around in the league because he's good enough to win some games but he never sticks around the same team because he can't win consistently. 

So many issues yesterday, the journeyman quarterback playing like a journeyman quarterback is the least of our worries.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

And this surprises you why?

Did you actually think that a 34 year old journeyman playing on his 6th team in 12 years was going to turn into Tom Brady?

Ryan Fitzpatrick's body of work in his 18 games in New York is exactly what he's supposed to produce.  A journeyman NFL quarterback sticks around in the league because he's good enough to win some games but he never sticks around the same team because he can't win consistently. 

So many issues yesterday, the journeyman quarterback playing like a journeyman quarterback is the least of our worries.

SAR I

the problem is that they won't play petty yet, so we have to endure another half a season of journeyman qb.  when they make the switch to petty we're basically like half the other teams in the league who pray their guy gets it.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and there were rumors he inquired about trading up in both drafts.  the guy is clearly on a hunt for qbs.  to tanny's credit he tried too, getting farve, drafting sanchez, etc.  they just had no system or coaching to develop anyone.

Tannenbaum tried the get-rich-quick scheme of grabbing a flashy veteran.  Hey, it worked for the Broncos who were a non-playoff team for 6 years before Manning defected there.  But 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work, Favre doesn't pan out, they're old, they're tired, it's too late.

If Maccagnan is given time to keep taking QB's from a non-pro system and he has the right guys to tutor these picks he will eventually strike gold.  Let's just give him the time.  Please.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Tannenbaum tried the get-rich-quick scheme of grabbing a flashy veteran.  Hey, it worked for the Broncos who were a non-playoff team for 6 years before Manning defected there.  But 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work, Favre doesn't pan out, they're old, they're tired, it's too late.

If Maccagnan is given time to keep taking QB's from a non-pro system and he has the right guys to tutor these picks he will eventually strike gold.  Let's just give him the time.  Please.

SAR I

Image result for banner plane pics

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the problem is that they won't play petty yet, so we have to endure another half a season of journeyman qb.  when they make the switch to petty we're basically like half the other teams in the league who pray their guy gets it.

Can't play Petty for a few reasons.  First, looks like he's still hurt.  Second, he's obviously going to need more time.  Third, you have a fanbase and some veterans who don't want us to fold the tents just yet.  Add it up, Pettty will get playing time around Week 10 when it's clear that we can't have a postseason.

We are a 4-12 John Idzik disaster in Year 2 Game 3 of a lengthy rebuild.  Patience, people.  Patience.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

mccags is doing things the right way, finally. the problem is we want results quicker, and after last year's 10-6 mirage vs. crap, many expected we'd simply pick up where we left off.  but that's when fitz reverted back to himself, marshall drops key passes, revis gets torched, and the vets who were doing all this talking in august are not the guys to take the team to the next level.  and that's a harsh realization for these guys as well as their teammates, that these vets/leaders can't get it done.  the team chemistry will change a lot this year, esp. when petty takes over.  

Just now, SAR I said:

Can't play Petty for a few reasons.  First, looks like he's still hurt.  Second, he's obviously going to need more time.  Third, you have a fanbase and some veterans who don't want us to fold the tents just yet.  Add it up, Pettty will get playing time around Week 10 when it's clear that we can't have a postseason.

We are a 4-12 John Idzik disaster in Year 2 Game 3 of a lengthy rebuild.  Patience, people.  Patience.

SAR I

november/december, not now.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for banner plane pics

Ryan Fitzpatrick named AFC Offensive Player of The Week.

6 days later "cut him now!"

Mike Maccagnan Named NFL Executive of The Year.

3 games later "get me a bi-plane and a banner!"

I thought you were a loyal fan.  Or, at the very least, a rational human being.  You know, the reason we Jets fans keep getting get-rich-quick schemes at QB is because we actually think we can get-rich-quick despite 45 years of choking on that phrase.

SAR I

Archived