PFF: Fitz earned lowest grade ever by QB vs Chiefs

Paradis

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Somebody please tell me why Geno is on this roster. If yesterday's performance did not call for benching, what would? This was worse than Sanchez's five INT's in Buffalo in his rookie season. An 11 yr veteran/  and why is Geno wasting a roster spot. 

He's our emergency QB, only plays if Fitz and Petty go down.

If Petty didn't get hurt, Geno would have been cut in August. 

SAR I

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No. What I said is the exact opposite of being surprised. I specifically said this is the pattern everywhere he goes. Are you drunk?

You act like yesterday was some big epiphany, like Ryan Fitzpatrick was outed as a journeyman and now everyone knows it. 

Only the weak-minded drink alcohol. I don't touch the stuff. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's our emergency QB, only plays if Fitz and Petty go down.

If Petty didn't get hurt, Geno would have been cut in August. 

SAR I

Why do we need an emergency QB New England had 1 QB on the active roster Thursday night against the Texans whats BB and Patriots have more guts than Bowles and the Jets 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why do we need an emergency QB New England had 1 QB on the active roster Thursday night against the Texans whats BB and Patriots have more guts than Bowles and the Jets 

They have the luxury of a Super Bowl caliber roster, Hall Of Fame caliber game planning, and WR Julian Edelman as an ex-QB. 

Its not about bravery; it's about a team that was hoisting Lombardi while we were going 4-12.  The fact that you compare the Patriots to the Jets is comical.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They have the luxury of a Super Bowl caliber roster, Hall Of Fame caliber game planning, and WR Julian Edelman as an ex-QB. 

Its not about bravery; it's about a team that was hoisting Lombardi while we were going 4-12.  The fact that you compare the Patriots to the Jets is comical.

SAR I

Until we can overtake the Patriots we are dog meat our organization should try and be more like Super Bowl caliber teams and not bottom feeders. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You act like yesterday was some big epiphany, like Ryan Fitzpatrick was outed as a journeyman and now everyone knows it. 

Only the weak-minded drink alcohol. I don't touch the stuff. 

SAR I

I have no idea how you get that from me saying that it is his pattern over his entire career. 

2 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Enough already. Fitzpatrick will be the starting  QB ALL SEASON barring injury.

Book it.

Lol no way.. if he has anything close to another bad game like that in the next few games he is coming out.. Bowles isn't going to let 1 guy throw away the whole season.. fitz probably is more concerned about his stock falling for next yr free agency than about jets losing..

If I might interject into this thread.

As much as I would like to see what Geno can do, it's too early to pull the plug on

Fitz.

Yet, he can't have many more game like he did against the Chiefs. My fear is though, he will, because he has always had difficultly against good teams with solid defenses.

We have to see if he can bounce back and get the offense going.

Yet, a few more game like yesterday and it has to be the bench and mentor time for him

Play Geno and see how he is, give him four games and see if he has any value.

If he continues to struggle as he has in the past, well then, Petty should get the rest of the season to get him ready to start next year.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Until we can overtake the Patriots we are dog meat our organization should try and be more like Super Bowl caliber teams and not bottom feeders. 

Great idea.  And just how do we try to be more like Super Bowl caliber teams?  How do we overtake the Patriots?

By loading up on fat free agents on 5 year contracts with only 1 year of decent play in them?  By finding a HOF quarterback on his last legs looking for a quick payday?  By picking up a college phenom with no pro skills as a publicity stunt?  By changing head coaches every 3 years?

News Flash:  The way to be like the Patriots is to emulate them.  The Maccagnan way is not the old Jets way, it's the way good teams build and compete.  You and your get-rich-quick thinking are out of date and simply don't work.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have no idea how you get that from me saying that it is his pattern over his entire career. 

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick.  We've beaten him several times.  We've seen him on the highlights.  No Jets fan is shocked at yesterday's performance in Kansas City.  Perhaps you are.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol no way.. if he has anything close to another bad game like that in the next few games he is coming out.. Bowles isn't going to let 1 guy throw away the whole season.. fitz probably is more concerned about his stock falling for next yr free agency than about jets losing..

Bowles has no other viable option until Bryce Petty is healthy and prepared to play.  Hackenberg is not a consideration and Geno is a sure-loss.  It's Fitz until Petty is ready.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick.  We've beaten him several times.  We've seen him on the highlights.  No Jets fan is shocked at yesterday's performance in Kansas City.  Perhaps you are.

SAR I

That's taking it a bit far. Your saying no fan is shocked at Sundays performance? When a journeyman is brought in to manage the offense, that means taking care of the ball. Honestly, I was COMPLETELY shocked by Fitz ridiculous carelessness with the football! He was just winging it around, throwing wild off target balls into triple coverage, trying to throw through peoples arms, he through a ball directly to a Chief defender while looking RIGHT AT HIM! He threw balls up in the air while he was being tackled, he ran head first again, fumbling. It was the worst QBing I've seen in the league since Mark Sachez 5 pick game when we ran for over 300 yards. It was worse than Genos Buffalo game just for the mere fact that Fitz was on the field with Brandon Marshhall, Eric Decker, Quincy Enunwa & Matt Forte! Geno was throwing to Clyde Gates & Gregg Salas. 

They both suck, so it really doesn't matter in the long run. It's just frustrating that the guy we start (Fitz) can't even throw ahead of our very good receiving core. I imagine Derek Carr throwing to these guys & it pisses me off.

That's taking it a bit far. Your saying no fan is shocked at Sundays performance? When a journeyman is brought in to manage the offense, that means taking care of the ball. Honestly, I was COMPLETELY shocked by Fitz ridiculous carelessness with the football! He was just winging it around, throwing wild off target balls into triple coverage, trying to throw through peoples arms, he through a ball directly to a Chief defender while looking RIGHT AT HIM! He threw balls up in the air while he was being tackled, he ran head first again, fumbling. It was the worst QBing I've seen in the league since Mark Sachez 5 pick game when we ran for over 300 yards. It was worse than Genos Buffalo game just for the mere fact that Fitz was on the field with Brandon Marshhall, Eric Decker, Quincy Enunwa & Matt Forte! Geno was throwing to Clyde Gates & Gregg Salas. 

They both suck, so it really doesn't matter in the long run. It's just frustrating that the guy we start (Fitz) can't even throw ahead of our very good receiving core. I imagine Derek Carr throwing to these guys & it pisses me off.

Six interceptions is shocking just because it's such a ridiculously high number that it almost never happens.

But if you'd told me it will happen this season, would I have been shocked it was Ryan Fitzpatrick? Not at all. He'd have been one of my top five guesses. We may WANT him to be a game manager, but that's not what he is. He's a gunslinger that doesn't even own a gun, much less many that would necessitate an entire rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six interceptions is shocking just because it's such a ridiculously high number that it almost never happens.

But if you'd told me it will happen this season, would I have been shocked it was Ryan Fitzpatrick? Not at all. He'd have been one of my top five guesses. We may WANT him to be a game manager, but that's not what he is. He's a gunslinger that doesn't even own a gun, much less many that would necessitate an entire rack.

15 minutes ago, The Troll said:

it never happens b/c qbs get benched after 3 or 4 picks, certainly after 5.  call me crazy, but i think leaving fitz had something to do with bowles not wanting a qb controversy, and not wanting vets who love fitz like mangold, marshall and decker - the same guys who were campaigning for him to return - griping about pulling him.  geno would not have sucked, could not have sucked as bad as fitz was doing.  the worst he could have done was throw picks like fitz.  i believe leaving fitz in was bowles making a statement to the team, as well as not having full confidence in himself as hc to fully control any fallout in the locker room.

24 minutes ago, The Troll said:

It never happens because NFL Head Coaches will sit nearly every QB who throws his 4th INT.

Which is what should have happened Sunday.  Fitz was clearly unproductive and flailing, he needed to be sat down and a backup (Geno assuredly) played out the remainder of the game.

The failure to do so embarrassed Fitz needlessly, embarrassed our franchise, and make no mistake, it embarrassed Geno Smith, because if he is held in so little regard that Bowles wouldn't play him after 6 INT's, Bowles will never play him and thinks he is sh*t.

So all round, a pretty bad day, and a day that reduced Bowles in my view.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It never happens because NFL Head Coaches will sit nearly every QB who throws his 4th INT.

Which is what should have happened Sunday.  Fitz was clearly unproductive and flailing, he needed to be sat down and a backup (Geno assuredly) played out the remainder of the game.

The failure to do so embarrassed Fitz needlessly, embarrassed our franchise, and make no mistake, it embarrassed Geno Smith, because if he is held in so little regard that Bowles wouldn't play him after 6 INT's, Bowles will never play him and thinks he is sh*t.

in addition to my post above, what must geno have been thinking/feeling.  petty remains on the active roster despite not practicing for weeks and the starter can throw 6 ints and does not get benched.  he's clearly persona non-grata on this team.  when petty is healthy they really should cut him, it's the 'elephant in the room' that is now quite salient.

35 minutes ago, The Troll said:

giphy (2).gif

Fitz said he was embarrassed to face his teammates yesterday when he went to Bowle"s "Come To Jesus" meeting on Monday.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17646580 I don't blame him he was that bad. Kind of inexcusable to play that carelessly when you're a vet player and your biggest attribute is supposedly brains and experience. He admitted that he single handedly lost the game Unlike Alex Smith who stayed inside his level of competency Fitz played like he thought was Brett Favre when in reality he played like Mark Sanchez. It will be very interesting to see what he does on the field on Sunday because he knows the team, including the players will not have much patience for losing games via stupid interceptions. Hopefully an intelligent game plan and he either throws the ball away in the red zone if the receiver is covered or Bowles plays conservative and goes for the 3. You can't do that late in the game but you should do it earlier in the game.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Bowles has no other viable option until Bryce Petty is healthy and prepared to play.  Hackenberg is not a consideration and Geno is a sure-loss.  It's Fitz until Petty is ready.

SAR I

Seems like several people have already responded who seem shocked...sooo...

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So the 6 INT's are actually Bowles and smith's fault then. Got it

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

And just what do you think the Jets are "trying to do" this season?  Here, I'll tell you:

We are trying to go 7-9 as respectfully and positively as we can, we are trying to appease older vets and an impatient fanbase with the best QB we can find on the scrap heap, we are trying to buy a little time so when Bryce Petty is inserted around Thanksgiving he is prepared.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't our problem.  The fact that every QB prospect we draft and rush into service busts, is.  If you want to point a finger at a QB for our woes, point it straight at Geno Smith who was drafted to be our franchise quarterback by now and has failed miserably.  Fitzpatrick is a JAG playing like a JAG, there are no expectations that he's capable of leading us to the playoffs.

SAR I

That's not a very fleshed out case study perspective here. That's just "sort of" what the situational-pressures yielded. I'm convinced of one thing; Macc gets what it is to be a GM and balance sports with business. We could get into the particulars about why resigning Fitz was the right move for this or that reason, OR why continuing to spend on veterans to appease a volatile fanbase is tolerated -- but the simple fact remains that they need to eventually "hit" on one of those long balls they drafted. If there's nothing in the chamber, the head will roll.  

I stand by my assertion that Fitz is all Bowles. I do not believe that Gailey would start him, and I think Mac was comfortable with Geno and Bryce for this year. Part of the problem is Bowles stubborness when it comes to "his guys". He does not want to admit he is wrong especially to Gailey and Mac. Expect Bowles to go all Rex on us and come up with a super conservative game plan on Sunday.

Note: teams will notice that the KC defenders were playing inside leverage and camping on the back shoulder pass, daring Fitz to throw it over the top in single coverage. He could not. Expect more of the same from Fitz, I do not see him being succesful going forward. 

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I stand by my assertion that Fitz is all Bowles. I do not believe that Gailey would start him, and I think Mac was comfortable with Geno and Bryce for this year. Part of the problem is Bowles stubborness when it comes to "his guys". He does not want to admit he is wrong especially to Gailey and Mac. Expect Bowles to go all Rex on us and come up with a super conservative game plan on Sunday.

Note: teams will notice that the KC defenders were playing inside leverage and camping on the back shoulder pass, daring Fitz to throw it over the top in single coverage. He could not. Expect more of the same from Fitz, I do not see him being succesful going forward. 

KC also disguised their coverages as single, knowing fitz can only read defenses pre-snap and baited him into throwing to receivers who were in fact doubled 

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

it never happens b/c qbs get benched after 3 or 4 picks, certainly after 5.  call me crazy, but i think leaving fitz had something to do with bowles not wanting a qb controversy, and not wanting vets who love fitz like mangold, marshall and decker - the same guys who were campaigning for him to return - griping about pulling him.  geno would not have sucked, could not have sucked as bad as fitz was doing.  the worst he could have done was throw picks like fitz.  i believe leaving fitz in was bowles making a statement to the team, as well as not having full confidence in himself as hc to fully control any fallout in the locker room.

I think Bowles didn't want to coddle him.. He was testing fitz, to see if he was going to turn his horrible play around, like some qbs shown the toughness to do. Or was he going to implode like he did in last game of season vs buf.. So he let fitz dig himself deeper into the grave.. We needed to see the test.. Fitz deserves a chance to correct it, but he is on a short leash now.. Geno should be getting ready..

Archived