WARNING: This image can cause sadness

j4jets

Your the coach...

At what point do you show that your not going to accept this type of play from your quarterback?  

At any point do you think to yourself, what does sending him back out say to the rest of the team?  

Am I sending the message, I don't care how you play, I won't bench you?

Do I think to myself, oh, it's only 8 turnovers, that's normal?  

Perhaps, maybe I should show that no one is above the bench, and I see from all my experience play/watching football that the quarterback just doesn't have it.  Perhaps, I think to myself, the team is turning on the leader of the team.  Perhaps I think to myself that I should show I am the head coach and I'm going to make a decision that shows the team no one is going to derail my team.

Not Bowles though, 8 ******* turnovers.  8 

1 minute ago, hawk said:

Your the coach...

At what point do you show that your not going to accept this type of play from your quarterback?  

At any point do you think to yourself, what does sending him back out say to the rest of the team?  

Perhaps, maybe I should show that no one is above the bench, and I see from all my experience play/watching football that the quarterback just doesn't have it.  Perhaps, I think to myself, the team is turning on the leader of the team.  Perhaps I think to myself that I should show I am the head coach and I'm going to make a decision that shows the team no one is going to derail my team.

Bowles has his favorites and they are untouchable.

No different than Cro last season. 

This dude is ride or die with Fitz.  That is who he is tying his career to.  

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

8 of our 11 possessions were turnovers including every possession in the 4th quarter...which ended in interceptions. 

Cray. 

I was glad the 4th quarter came to an end though. If Chiefs didn't take 3 knees, Fitz was itching for his 7th pick. 

29 minutes ago, hawk said:

Your the coach...

Fitz had an AWFUL day but he was coming off AFC player of the week. This performance wasn't part of a pattern, it was an aberration. Fitz even lead some long drives that ended with boneheaded INTS. So it wasn't as if Fitz was completely ineffective yesterday. 

With that said, he is still Ryan Fitzpatrick and will like the rest of his NFL career on the verge of a benching. If he comes out and throws 2 or 3 picks in the 1st half against the Seahawks, I could see a QB change. 

38 minutes ago, hawk said:

Your the coach...

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bowles has his favorites and they are untouchable.

No different than Cro last season. 

This dude is ride or die with Fitz.  That is who he is tying his career to.  

And then you throw Geno, the only other QB active, into already lost sh*t show of a game and he gets injured.  Then what?  The game was over.  Let Fitz sit in his soiled f*cking pants, I don't really care.  Rather that than desperately trying to cling to the hope that Geno "Million Dollar arm, Ten Cent Brain" Smith could pull off something that no other Jets QB/team could do the other 62 times they were in that situation.

Hate you break it to you, but Bowles's career is not going to be tied to Fitzpatrick and his ups and downs.  He is, unfortunately, our best option right now.  The FO, CS, Owner, janitors, office guys, have shown that must really hate Geno Smith and never want to see him start another down for this team.  I'm not going to disagree with them either on that one.  Not after the preseason he had.  They will probably ride Fitz until Petty is ready to come back and take it from there.  

Get over the burning & reactionary desire to see Bowles fired because it's not happening this year and the quicker everyone screaming for his head realize this, the better off this board will be.   

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And then you throw Geno, the only other QB active, into already lost sh*t show of a game and he gets injured.  Then what?  

Hate you break it to you, but Bowles's career is not going to be tied to Fitzpatrick and his ups and downs.  He is, unfortunately, our best option right now.  The FO, CS, Owner, janitors, office guys, have shown that must really hate Geno Smith and never want to see him start another down for this team.  I'm not going to disagree with them either on that one.  Not after the preseason he had.  They will probably ride Fitz until Petty is ready to come back and take it from there.  

Get over the burning & reactionary desire to see Bowles fired because it's not happening this year and the quicker everyone screaming for his head realize this, the better off this board will be.   

I fail to see a QB who cant complete 50% and leads the entire league in INT's the best option.  Legit, I think Petty and Geno could protect the ball better and be 1-2, who knows, maybe 2-1.  But we wont know because we wont try because Bowles is a coward.  And there were other options this offseason besides Fitz and the other QB's on the roster.  They didnt explore them because they wanted Fitz and named him the starter in January. 

I'm not asking for Bowles to be fired but acting like he's above criticism is laughable. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

This Image Will Cause Sadness....

Not for some folks.  Some folks here are getting a huge amount of joy and enjoyment out of Fitz and the Jets failure.

You, for one.  JoeWilly12.  Villian.  

Don't pretend you guys aren't all happy as pigs in sh*t today, because it's obvious you are.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not for some folks.  Some folks here are getting a huge amount of joy and enjoyment out of Fitz and the Jets failure.

Don't pretend you guys aren't all happy as pigs in sh*t today, because it's obvious you are.

STOP putting words in my mouth YOU are LIEING making up excuses for the nonsense you spew on this board 

No Jets fan is happy today including you 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

STOP putting words in my mouth YOU are LIEING making up excuses for the nonsense you spew on this board 

Plenty of people are happy today, and showing it by what/how they post.

Jets Fans, tho, we're not happy.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

I fail to see a QB who cant complete 50% and leads the entire league in INT's the best option.  Legit, I think Petty and Geno could protect the ball better and be 1-2, who knows, maybe 2-1.  But we wont know because we wont try because Bowles is a coward.  

I'm not asking for Bowles to be fired but acting like he's above criticism is laughable. 

-  Geno?  No.  No one in their right minds thinks that Geno Smith is a better option.  He didnt even show, in his opportunities this summer, that he's worthy of being the SECOND option.

-  Petty, for the millionth time, wasn't active.  He has an injury to his throwing shoulder. The fans desire to see what he's got isn't going to heal that shoulder any quicker.

-  He's not above criticism.  What he is though is a young HC and this is what happens with young Head Coaches. They make mistakes. Guys like Zimmer (who made some mistakes of his own his first 2 years) and Arians are exceptions, not the rule.  You live in Florida, Gase was supposed to be a f*cking savior.  Fix Tannehill and all that jazz.  They barely beat the Cody Kessler led Browns yesterday.  You may not be calling for his head (although saying that he's tying his career to a guy who will be here for 1 more year implies that is how you feel...but I could be wrong), but there are plenty here who are.  It's moronic and, at this rate, will poison this board worse than the Geno-Fitz threads of summer.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I said it last year, the very best fan to be is the guy that hates Fitz because if you win you wag your tail nicely and say  yo!  I am a jets fan,.....yay!  If you lose you can dump all over the player and be even happier, there is literally no way to lose.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And then you throw Geno, the only other QB active, into already lost sh*t show of a game and he gets injured.  Then what?  The game was over.  Let Fitz sit in his soiled f*cking pants, I don't really care.  Rather that than desperately trying to cling to the hope that Geno "Million Dollar arm, Ten Cent Brain" Smith could pull off something that no other Jets QB/team could do the other 62 times they were in that situation.

We had incredible amount of opportunities yesterday. Three EZ picks. All the 6 picks came inside KC territory. And I think we all know now who has a "ten cent brain". 

Hate you break it to you, but Bowles's career is not going to be tied to Fitzpatrick and his ups and downs.  He is, unfortunately, our best option right now.  The FO, CS, Owner, janitors, office guys, have shown that must really hate Geno Smith and never want to see him start another down for this team.

Either that or Bowles is an incredibly stubborn coach who wants to ride or die with Fitz this year. Thats on Fitz. The "FO, CS, owner, janitor and office guys" had no say in benching Fitz at 3, then 4, then 5 picks. 6th one ended the game else I have no doubt Fitz would've rolled out after that.

I'm not going to disagree with them either on that one.  Not after the preseason he had.  They will probably ride Fitz until Petty is ready to come back and take it from there.  

17/32, 140 yards, TD, Int and you wanna continue starting a "6 picks with a pick 6" QB? At least you have more guts than Bowles.

You are happy that you can come here and wrongfully accuse others and make up bullsh*t nonsense lies. 

Yep, I sure sound happy today.

Real Jets fans like myself are from happy. 

Please allow me to quote you "not even aggravated".

That's your words Joe, not mine.  When questioned at your glee over Fitz's failure, your response was that yes, you were happy to see him fail, and "not even aggravated" over the loss.

Like I said, jets Fans are unhappy today.  Jets Fans are not gloating and trolling about being right about Fitz today.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Geno?  No.  No one in their right minds thinks that Geno Smith is a better option.  He didnt even SHOW in his opportunities this summer, that he's worthy of being the SECOND option.

Petty, for the millionth time, wasn't active.  He has an injury to his throwing shoulder. The fansdesire to see what he's got isn't going to heal that shoulder any quicker.

He's not above criticism.  What he is though is a young HC and this is what happens with young Head Coaches. They make mistakes. Guys like Zimmer (who made some mistakes of his own his first 2 years) and Arians are exceptions, not the rule.  You live in Florida, Gase was supposed to be a f*cking savior.  Fix Tannehill and all that jazz.  They barely beat the Cody Kessler led Browns yesterday.  You may not be calling for his head (although saying that he's tying his career to a guy who will be here for 1 more year implies that is how you feel...but I could be wrong), but there are plenty here who are.  It's moronic and, at this rate, will poison this board worse than the Geno-Fitz threads of summer.

I dont think Geno throws 6 INT's yesterday.  And I think he could have won 1 of the 3 games.  Petty too.  Maybe even Hack.  sh*t, I think I could go out there and protect the ball better.  271 pass attempts by rookies this season, 1 INT.   But Fitz was the best/only option?  haha.  no.  That's categorically false. 

Who said Gase was going to be a savior?  Everyone had the Dolphags dead last in the division.

Here's why I think Bowles is tying his career to Fitz.  First, he named him the start in January when he wasnt even under contract.  Second, how do you not pull a Qb who threw 5 INT's in a row?  Third, this upcoming offseason will be no different than last and guess who will be starting in 2017?  I have my guess.  And he's the current starter.  Who's yours?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yep, I sure sound happy today.

Please allow me to quote you "not even aggravated".

That's your words Joe, not mine.  When questioned at your glee over Fitz's failure, your response was that yes, you were happy to see him fail, and "not even aggravated" over the loss.

Like I said, jets Fans are unhappy today.  Jets Fans are not gloating and trolling about being right about Fitz today.

I want Ryan Fitzpatrick as far away from this team as remotely possible if Todd Bowles is sticking with Fitz then he needs to go as well 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Its not joy. Trust me. We were all ecstatic last week. We realized today how wrong we were last wk and now want Fitznutz to realize that too. And those that still think Fitz is the best option, I feel like laughing in their faces. He was NEVER the best option. Never beat out Geno and has ALWAYS been on the fortunate end of starting after injuries to regular starters. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Its not joy. Trust me. We were all ecstatic last week. We realized today how wrong we were last wk and now want Fitznutz to realize that too. And those that still think Fitz is the best option, I feel like laughing in their faces. He was NEVER the best option. Never beat out Geno and has ALWAYS been on the fortunate end of starting after injuries to regular starters. 

Exactly we supported the QB the coaches put on the field he failed us miserably NEXT MAN UP

36 minutes ago, j4jets said:

We had incredible amount of opportunities yesterday. Three EZ picks. All the 6 picks came inside KC territory. And I think we all know now who has a "ten cent brain". 

Either that or Bowles is an incredibly stubborn coach who wants to ride or die with Fitz this year. Thats on Fitz. The "FO, CS, owner, janitor and office guys" had no say in benching Fitz at 3, then 4, then 5 picks. 6th one ended the game else I have no doubt Fitz would've rolled out after that.

17/32, 140 yards, TD, Int and you wanna continue starting a "6 picks with a pick 6" QB? At least you have more guts than Bowles.

Very rarely do people completely miss a point by this large of a margin, but congratulations, you did it.

1. Both Geno and Fitz are stupid.  They both have ten cent brains.  Happy now?  Didn't think that after a 6 INT performance or my past criticisms of Fitzpatrick, that I needed to clarify that.

2. The third pick pretty much sealed the f*cking deal.  Get the Cinderella story out of your head here.  Geno isn't coming off the bench cold and pulling off a massive comeback never seen before in the history of this team.  If Bryce Petty didn't get hurt, Geno probably isn't on the damn team right now.

3. No. I don't want to keep starting him.  I want Bryce Petty in when he's healthy and ready to go.  Until then, yeah I'm gonna have to roll with the guy that everyone and their grandma thinks is a better QB than the backup, by a large margin.

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one needs to put words in your mouth, you've been taking an obnoxious victory lap since the game ended.  And, this is coming from someone who did not want Fitz signed.

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think Geno throws 6 INT's yesterday.  And I think he could have won 1 of the 3 games.  Petty too.  Maybe even Hack.  sh*t, I think I could go out there and protect the ball better.  271 pass attempts by rookies this season, 1 INT.   But Fitz was the best/only option?  haha.  no.  That's categorically false. 

Who said Gase was going to be a savior?  Everyone had the Dolphags dead last in the division.

Here's why I think Bowles is tying his career to Fitz.  First, he named him the start in January when he wasnt even under contract.  Second, how do you not pull a Qb who threw 5 INT's in a row?  Third, this upcoming offseason will be no different than last and guess who will be starting in 2017?  I have my guess.  And he's the current starter.  Who's yours?

-  Geno doesn't have to throw 6 INT's to get the same result, he just has to be as ineffective.  Something that he's shown time and time again he can be.  It's about the only thing consistent with him.  To be honest, I don't think the turnover margin is that drastically different. He probably just eats a couple of more sacks and fumbles instead of throwing it right to the defender. Unless we got Goff or Wentz, we weren't starting a rookie this year.  Even with one of them, I doubt it would have happened.  I loved Wentz to death and I didn't think he would be ready this quickly.  Same goes for Prescott.  Regardless of who we drafted, the plan was to sit them.  More often than not, that's the way things should be handled.  Almost the entire fanbase was ok with that during draft time too.

-  The Gase hiring was considered by many experts to be a "great" hire.  One that would EVENTUALLY turn that team around.  First year super success really wasn't really realistic and the team was ok with that.  That's the issue.  Everyone outside of the team is soooooo concerned with instantaneous results, that no one looks at the big picture.  The GM and Coach of this team have both stated multiple times that, yes, while they are built to "win now", they are still in the process of building a team that can sustain success with young players and there will be bumps along the way.  You don't sustain success by firing a young HC every 2-3 seasons.  Especially when that coach gave you your first double digit winning season since 2010.

-  Again, because you don't risk injury to the only other QB healthy due to the fact that you're clinging on to the hope that he can pull of something that Brady couldn't do coming off the bench cold.  Especially when we're talking about Geno Smith being the guy coming off the bench.  It was a lost cause. Leave Fitz in there and just pray to God the game is over quick so that no one gets hurt.

-  My guess for a starter next year?  Honestly?  Petty. Especially if he plays this year and shows something.  If not Petty and Hack doesn't look like anything special, I wouldn't be stunned to see them take a rookie first rounder.  Maybe they sign another vet. I don't honestly think it's going to be Fitz.  If it is though?  Then yeah, Bowles and Macc will have live or die by that sword.

Archived