WARNING: This image can cause sadness

j4jets

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No one needs to put words in your mouth, you've been taking an obnoxious victory lap since the game ended.  And, this is coming from someone who did not want Fitz signed.

Far from a victory lap FitzNO aggravated beyond belief with no end in sight 

I dont make excuses for poor game play 6 INTs and he still has a job today 

Let me ask you this what would Geno HATERS have done if he threw 6 INTs yesterday 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Far from a victory lap FitzNO aggravated beyond belief with no end in sight 

I dont make excuses for poor game play 6 INTs and he still has a job today 

Let me ask you this what would Geno HATERS have done if he threw 6 INTs yesterday 

Gotcha, so you acknowledge you're taking a victory lap, but it's okay because you believe "Geno HATERS" would have done the same.

I'm not impressed, but at least it's honest.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Gotcha, so you acknowledge you're taking a victory lap, but it's okay because you believe "Geno HATERS" would have done the same.

I'm not impressed, but at least it's honest.

No victory lap I'm talking about the game we played yesterday where Fitz had 6 INTs all FACT 

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not for some folks.  Some folks here are getting a huge amount of joy and enjoyment out of Fitz and the Jets failure.

You, for one.  JoeWilly12.  Villian.  

Don't pretend you guys aren't all happy as pigs in sh*t today, because it's obvious you are.

We're getting as much joy out of this as you guys got joy out of IK turning Geno's jaw into a jigsaw puzzle. 

You guys were real vocal about that werent you?

All fair game right??????????

26 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Its not joy. Trust me. We were all ecstatic last week.

Such bullsh*t.  Sorry mate, no one should believe that for a second.

26 minutes ago, j4jets said:

And those that still think Fitz is the best option, I feel like laughing in their faces. He was NEVER the best option. Never beat out Geno and has ALWAYS been on the fortunate end of starting after injuries to regular starters. 

So I presume you would start Geno Smith on Sunday then?

That was a disaster yesterday but anybody who thinks there is even a chance that Fitz isn't the starter on Sunday hasn't been paying attention. Bowles is going to live and die with this guy for better or worse. I don't like Bowles but I agree that Fitz is our best option and gives this team the best chance to win this year. I'm neutral on Fitz and I hope he has a bounce back game as does the rest of the team. Geno is not the answer guys. He sucks. Geez. He got a chance to show something, anything in preseason and he was awful. He looked clueless and inaccurate as usual. Hack was downright dreadful in the 1 game he played but he's a rookie so we give him some slack. The only QB on this team that has any chance of becoming a decent long term solution is Petty but I'm not sure if he is ready for prime time.

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

-  Geno doesn't have to throw 6 INT's to get the same result, he just has to be as ineffective.  Something that he's shown time and time again he can be.  It's about the only thing consistent with him.  To be honest, I don't think the turnover margin is that drastically different. He probably just eats a couple of more sacks and fumbles instead of throwing it right to the defender. Unless we got Goff or Wentz, we weren't starting a rookie this year.  Even with one of them, I doubt it would have happened.  I loved Wentz to death and I didn't think he would be ready this quickly.  Same goes for Prescott.  Regardless of who we drafted, the plan was to sit them.  More often than not, that's the way things should be handled.  Almost the entire fanbase was ok with that during draft time too.

-  The Gase hiring was considered by many experts to be a "great" hire.  One that would EVENTUALLY turn that team around.  First year super success really wasn't really realistic and the team was ok with that.  That's the issue.  Everyone outside of the team is soooooo concerned with instantaneous results, that no one looks at the big picture.  The GM and Coach of this team have both stated multiple times that, yes, while they are built to "win now", they are still in the process of building a team that can sustain success with young players and there will be bumps along the way.  You don't sustain success by firing a young HC every 2-3 seasons.  Especially when that coach gave you your first double digit winning season since 2010.

-  Again, because you don't risk injury to the only other QB healthy due to the fact that you're clinging on to the hope that he can pull of something that Brady couldn't do coming off the bench cold.  Especially when we're talking about Geno Smith being the guy coming off the bench.  It was a lost cause. Leave Fitz in there and just pray to God the game is over quick so that no one gets hurt.

-  My guess for a starter next year?  Honestly?  Petty. Especially if he plays this year and shows something.  If not Petty and Hack doesn't look like anything special, I wouldn't be stunned to see them take a rookie first rounder.  Maybe they sign another vet. I don't honestly think it's going to be Fitz.  If it is though?  Then yeah, Bowles and Macc will have live or die by that sword.

- Disagree.

- Disagree

- Disagree

- Disagree

and that's the beauty of it all. :) 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Very rarely do people completely miss a point by this large of a margin, but congratulations, you did it.

Which point? Like when you bring out some historical stats to attempt to show how we were not going to win the game at any cost? If that was your point, then yeah, I missed it. 

1. Both Geno and Fitz are stupid.  They both have ten cent brains.  Happy now?  Didn't think that after a 6 INT performance or my past criticisms of Fitzpatrick, that I needed to clarify that.

SMH

2. The third pick pretty much sealed the f*cking deal.  Get the Cinderella story out of your head here.  Geno isn't coming off the bench cold and pulling off a massive comeback never seen before in the history of this team.  If Bryce Petty didn't get hurt, Geno probably isn't on the damn team right now.

Massive comeback? Cinderella story? We had Fitz come in cold and did what nobody in the history of the franchise did last year. Last whole year. Throw 31 TDs. Compared to any stats that year, it was nothing more than pedestrian, yet someone like you would claim it to be some sort "Cinderella story". Point? Its 14 point game. Teams comeback from that all the time. Don't make it sound like its some fvcking league record or something. two effing TDs. That too against vanilla D. As sh*t as Fitz was, he still couldve pulled it off after the even the 4th int. But no. 

And your dumb analysis of Petty playing against Obamacare agents is what it is. dumb. Since you keep bringing up history, did you forget about the All-time preseason record holder Brett Ratliff? cuz throwing in the preseason means everything, right? "Very rarely do people completely miss a point by this large of a margin, but congratulations, you did it". Its preseason. PREseason. 

3. No. I don't want to keep starting him.  I want Bryce Petty in when he's healthy and ready to go.  Until then, yeah I'm gonna have to roll with the guy that everyone and their grandma thinks is a better QB than the backup, by a large margin.

You're funny. Did you miss the part where the better QB ended 5 straight drives in ints? He sort of did that in wk 17, where he ONLY had 3 such drives. Seems to me he's improving. As long as your grandma knows that, I really don't care who she wants to start on her fantasy team. 

Outside of that, I think the entire league thinks Fitz is the better QB...not!

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Such bullsh*t.  Sorry mate, no one should believe that for a second.

Speak for yourself, "mate". Please see what I had to say about Fitz. Actually, scratch that. Just continue making your uninformed opinions. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So I presume you would start Geno Smith on Sunday then?

Any sane coach would have already put him in after Fitz' 3rd, 4th, 5th or the 6th pick, not just next wk. 

I agree Fitz should have been benched after his fourth pick. With that being said and all the bitching about Fitz, what is the answer you guys are looking for? Petty hasn't practiced since he has been injured and Geno will do just as bad as Fitz probably every game. I am no Fitz fan boy but I have no faith in Smith.  

Its obvious the coaching staff has no faith in Geno, which that we  have already  established so what is the answer then? What would satisfy the masses?

We know Hackenberg is nowhere near ready I like how Lee is playing but I still think we should've drafted Lynch at least that would give us some glimmer of hope.

57 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I agree Fitz should have been benched after his fourth pick. With that being said and all the bitching about Fitz, what is the answer you guys are looking for? Petty hasn't practiced since he has been injured and Geno will do just as bad as Fitz probably every game. I am no Fitz fan boy but I have no faith in Smith.  

Geno can't be worse than the worst. 

Its obvious the coaching staff has no faith in Geno, which that we  have already  established so what is the answer then? What would satisfy the masses?

At some point, you look in the mirror and ask yourself "was I wrong to put blind faith in Fitz yesterday? Is it time to bench him and play Geno, who clearly outplayed Fitz in both off seasons but I was stubborn to admit it?". Compare Fitz' last 4 games with Geno's last 4 games. The thinking that Geno is worse, goes out the door. 

We know Hackenberg is nowhere near ready I like how Lee is playing but I still think we should've drafted Lynch at least that would give us some glimmer of hope.

Lets say we don't want Geno. Fair enough. And Petty isn't healthy enough. Fair enough. My next man up is Hack. I'd rather him than Fitz.

5 hours ago, hawk said:

Your the coach...

At what point do you show that your not going to accept this type of play from your quarterback?  

At any point do you think to yourself, what does sending him back out say to the rest of the team?  

Am I sending the message, I don't care how you play, I won't bench you?

Do I think to myself, oh, it's only 8 turnovers, that's normal?  

Perhaps, maybe I should show that no one is above the bench, and I see from all my experience play/watching football that the quarterback just doesn't have it.  Perhaps, I think to myself, the team is turning on the leader of the team.  Perhaps I think to myself that I should show I am the head coach and I'm going to make a decision that shows the team no one is going to derail my team.

Not Bowles though, 8 ******* turnovers.  8 

Not to mention the terrible play calling from Chan Gailey, which is just as troubling. Bowles isn't a rookie HC anymore and he has got to make guys accountable. Even his coaches.

17 minutes ago, j4jets said:

At some point, you look in the mirror and ask yourself "was I wrong to put blind faith in Fitz yesterday? Is it time to bench him and play Geno, who clearly outplayed Fitz in both off seasons but I was stubborn to admit it?". Compare Fitz' last 4 games with Geno's last 4 games. The thinking that Geno is worse, goes out the door. 

Lets say we don't want Geno. Fair enough. And Petty isn't healthy enough. Fair enough. My next man up is Hack. I'd rather him than Fitz.

If you have watched him air mail balls in preseason and practice you wouldn't say that. Fitz is trying too hard right now to recapture last season's magic. He just has to let the game come to him and Gailey has to help him with some shorter passes and more runs in the red zone. Bruce Coslet the second we don't need.

50 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I would rather play Geno than throw Hack in there. I hope Petty starts practice this week, I wasn't  expecting him to miss this much time it's actually a little concerning I don't care who comes in if they can do a better job and Excel I'm all for it. 

I'm a Jets fan I don't hate any players. I may have my opinions on what I think of them, but when it comes down to it I want the best product on the field and with that I have to trust the coaching staff.I'm not at practices and in the locker room or see what the CS  does. If our coaching staff is sticking with Fitz if he continues to suck just because of the money then shame on them.

6 hours ago, hawk said:

Your the coach...

At what point do you show that your not going to accept this type of play from your quarterback?  

At any point do you think to yourself, what does sending him back out say to the rest of the team?  

Am I sending the message, I don't care how you play, I won't bench you?

Do I think to myself, oh, it's only 8 turnovers, that's normal?  

Perhaps, maybe I should show that no one is above the bench, and I see from all my experience play/watching football that the quarterback just doesn't have it.  Perhaps, I think to myself, the team is turning on the leader of the team.  Perhaps I think to myself that I should show I am the head coach and I'm going to make a decision that shows the team no one is going to derail my team.

Not Bowles though, 8 ******* turnovers.  8 

Hey are you forgetting they cut Jace Amaro to prove to everyone who's boss?

Archived