Brandon Marshall..

JetUp91

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, Tinstar said:

And you play with the team you are given and for the coach you have, even if he's clueless .  How do you excuse a Veteran QB playing in a system he set a franchise record for TDs in just 1 year prior throwing 6 ints in a game when you supposedly improved the talent around him ?

I didn't excuse him, it sucked and he sucked, just tired of hearing about the schedule, play whats in front of you and stop crying about it.

On 9/26/2016 at 6:46 PM, JetUp91 said:

It's been 3 games now, and for whatever reason, Brandon Marshall doesn't feel like he's nearly the unstoppable monster he was last year. Last season, it felt like even with double coverage or bad quarterback play, he was destroying everybody. Where has that been this year so far? I understand he got hurt last week and he clearly wasn't 100% today.. but even in the entire Bengals game / most of the Bills game, it doesn't feel like the same player we had on the field last year.

I dont think its Marshall per say. I think its the fact that teams have an entire year worth of tape on our offense. What is Eric Decker doing? He's on pace to have his lowest reception amount since his 2nd year in the league. Eric Decker last year was unstoppable in the redzone last year, especially on those post patterns. Brandon Marshall last year was unstoppable on the comeback passes and catching those 50/50 balls, which in many cases were just poorly thrown balls. 

Think about it, if a fan like myself can identify what the Jets did with Eric Decker that made him the most effective when in the redzone as well as what they did with Marshall that made him the most effective, I would assume that teams with now 19 games worth of regular season game footage on this offensie squad are going to notice what this offense likes to do with their targets. 

You cant keep force feeding Marshall when teams expect it now. You cant keep running post patterns in the redzone with Eric Decker. You cant keep throwing predetermined Fade routes like you did with Decker in the Patriots game. You'll have a safety like Eric Berry remember that from game footage and expect it. 

It's not like Marshall is a different player, its that we're limited on offense and teams have an idea of the routes we like to run with our WR's and typically the depth in which those routes will go. Just go back and look at that the Chiefs game. The deep DB's werent even turning their hips in anticipation most of the time. They knew how deep to go in their coverage in order to keep the play in front of them which will allow them to be able to spy on the QB and see where the ball is going given that he locks on to targets. Marshall, Decker or any other target are going to have a tough time being successful. Not making this a Fitz thing, just stating facts. Chan Gailey needs to re-evaluate this problem and figure out how to dictate the defense. The chiefs played perfect defense last week, and if we dont change something then if you thought 6 picks from Eric Berry and Marcus Peters was a doozy, just wait until Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman takes the field. 

Coaches need to change up the scheme and Fitz needs to go through his progressions when he has a clean pocket as well as throw the ball away when the play isnt there. If those two things happen then maybe we can force the defense to have to think about making some defensive adjustments and playing more honest. As of right now, all they have to do is sit on routes and play safties 12-15 yards from the LOS in order to keep the plays in front of them so they can explode to the ball after watching the QB over and over and over again key on where he's going with the ball because he's locking on to targets. 

Chan Gailey needs to address this. 

Archived