Jets claim AS Jenkins - Schefter

TaborJet

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fair point, but even though they're listed at TE's, Bowman looked good on ST"s and he's more of an H-back, so maybe he works his way on to the field with Quincy playing more slot and/or outside.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...please get rid of Kellen Davis.

Yes, please

I looked up some scouting reports and wasn't able to get a clear cut analysis of his blocking esp since he's been in the NFL. There were a few interesting articles about the Jets putting a claim in for him esp on in NJ.com. Someone else probably already posted it but here it is. Mac has done much scouting on him esp at Houston. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/why_jets_felt_comfortable_acquiring_austin_seferia.html

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fair point, but even though they're listed at TE's, Bowman looked good on ST"s and he's more of an H-back, so maybe he works his way on to the field with Quincy playing more slot and/or outside.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...please get rid of Kellen Davis.

I hear you there!

The problem with this move is that while ASJ is a superior physical specimen and worthy of a gamble, his strengths as a player don't necessarily suit what we are looking for from our tight ends.  What we need is a guy of ASJ's size that is a two way tight end who can run block like a tackle and then go out for a pass and do more than be a two yard safety valve.  By all reports, blocking is not his forte, so he basically becomes just a bigger slower slot receiver.  Now, if he proves reports wrong and shows enough of an ability to block on running downs to the level approaching Kellen Davis, then he could be a good acquisition.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I looked up some scouting reports and wasn't able to get a clear cut analysis of his blocking esp since he's been in the NFL. There were a few interesting articles about the Jets putting a claim in for him esp on in NJ.com. Someone else probably already posted it but here it is. Mac has done much scouting on him esp at Houston. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/why_jets_felt_comfortable_acquiring_austin_seferia.html

- **** blocking

- He was the premiere TE in college football and one of the better ones to come out this decade. That's all of why I'm into the pickup.

6 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Chan doesn't use TEs. He just puts them out there and tells them to pretend to block. We already have two guys that can do that. 

You're just flat out wrong. I could dress it up with a pat on the back and encouragement, but you're just as wrong nonetheless. This offense can support a productive TE. 

2 hours ago, Stonehands said:

The problem with this move is that while ASJ is a superior physical specimen and worthy of a gamble, his strengths as a player don't necessarily suit what we are looking for from our tight ends.  What we need is a guy of ASJ's size that is a two way tight end who can run block like a tackle and then go out for a pass and do more than be a two yard safety valve.  By all reports, blocking is not his forte, so he basically becomes just a bigger slower slot receiver.  Now, if he proves reports wrong and shows enough of an ability to block on running downs to the level approaching Kellen Davis, then he could be a good acquisition.

It seem the FO had had an eye on this guy for some time now so I guess they think he'll be useful.  I've read and posted a report earlier in this thread where the author's film study showed ASJ is a better blocker than Davis for example.   Also he ran a 4.56 40; try paying closer attention. :) 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

You're just flat out wrong. I could dress it up with a pat on the back and encouragement, but you're just as wrong nonetheless. This offense can support a productive TE. 

I know. My point was that the TEs are out on the field so they may as well be doing something productive. I thought the fact that I pointed out that they were being used might make the sarcasm clear. 

43 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Does anyone know if ASJ is going to play Sunday or is he suspended?

I don't think so for the 1st DUI as and NFL player.  I think he is in stage 1 of the SA program now, so the next slip up is a suspension I believe

he may have to go to court, but he will probably lawyer up and get off

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

I don't think so for the 1st DUI as and NFL player.  I think he is in stage 1 of the SA program now, so the next slip up is a suspension I believe

he may have to go to court, but he will probably lawyer up and get off

thanks..

On 9/28/2016 at 1:23 PM, LIJetsFan said:

It seem the FO had had an eye on this guy for some time now so I guess they think he'll be useful.  I've read and posted a report earlier in this thread where the author's film study showed ASJ is a better blocker than Davis for example.   Also he ran a 4.56 40; try paying closer attention. :) 

And Enunwa runs faster than that.....hence he is slower.  Try keeping up, junior.  :-)

i wonder if he'll be activated this week.It's a lot to learn in a week esp for a team that was not really using the TE position as a receiver. Last week we had red zone scoring problems and he's a good red zone receiver. But one thing we don't need are mistakes and miscommunicaton between a new receiver and a Qb who threw 6 picks a week ago.  Plus his off the field problems and the DUI. That just happened a week ago. 

19 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

And Enunwa runs faster than that.....hence he is slower.  Try keeping up, junior.  :-)

Enunwa is a WR/H-back ASJ is a TE/H-back. Davis is a TE/Nothing. 

Bostick is behind Enunwa. ASJ would replace Davis...and Bostick I suppose. Davis was in on 80% of the snaps, and Bostick over 20%. ASJ would not effect Enunwa at all.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

i wonder if he'll be activated this week.It's a lot to learn in a week esp for a team that was not really using the TE position as a receiver. Last week we had red zone scoring problems and he's a good red zone receiver. But one thing we don't need are mistakes and miscommunicaton between a new receiver and a Qb who threw 6k picks a week ago.  Plus his off the field problems and the DUI. That just happened a week ago. 

I think the idea would be to fast track ASJ to see what we have before he gets suspended. I don't think he's in this week since he didn't even practice until yesterday, but next week for sure. Can't be worse than Davis IMO. 

Archived