Watt to IR

RutgersJetFan

Here's the only proof you need that the Patriots do EVERYTHING the right way. They will NEVER pay outrageous money to any one player on the team. Even with JJ Watt Houston was going nowhere.

If you look at the contract Mo finally signed, it was a reasonable contract. Look at the Saints, Brees takes so much of their salary cap that they can't fix their defense. 

Right now the NFL is a HORRIBLE product. That Saints vs Falcons was unwatchable for football purists. Like watching arena football. We're Jet fans, so we sit through a game like Sundays, but just image what that was like for the casual fan. I'd be thinking, are the Jets CRAZY resigning this Fitzpatrick guy? And think back to the hoopla of his arrival @ Florham Park. 

Then you look at the Vikings & see this non descript team, very well coached, goes into Carolina and beats last years Super Bowl runner up with a QB they just traded for & missing Adrian Peterson and their star left tackle. 

There are so many bad teams, so many poorly coached teams, so far I include the Jets in that group. It's clearly visible why the Pats are so good, it's coaching. The Pats just prepare very well, take away what you do best & let you beat yourselves.

Remember when there were a multitude of great coaches? Parcells, Gibbs, Vermiel (that's in one division!). In the AFC you had Walt Micheals, Don Shula, Marv Levy.

Youve got Quincy Enunwa after 1 good game, jumping up & gesturing 1st down like an idiot & we're losing by 2 TDs. It's the LOOK AT ME league. There are so many teams that have losers for so long they have no idea what it takes week to week to be prepared & focused. Their all like one week champions, and the next week they crash down to earth with just horrific in fundamental play, missed tackles, false starts, fumbles, picks. Right now, I would rather have Butler from the Pats than Revis. Butler gives 100% on every play, if you think Revis does that anymore your dreaming. 

Did you see the lame effort given by the Jets on that Johnson return for a TD Sunday? I guarantee you that was shown in Bowles film review to demonstrate lack of effort. Teams that hustle ALL GAME are the teams that get the breaks. It's like Troy Brown knocking the ball out of a Chargers arms after the ball had been intercepted & literally saved the game for the Pats in San Diego in the playoffs. The NFL is not all about talent, it's also a lot about EFFORT. There are a lot of players in this league collecting pay checks without giving 100% effort or 100% preperation to be the best. 

There are some teams that don't cut the cords with these guys, then there's the Patriots. I believe Bill Belichick is the one coach left in this league that will call a player out on effort, and will even get rid of a guy no matter how great or how indispensable that player feels he is to the team. He's proven it over & over. David Harris today is Jerod Mayo of the Pats yesterday. There is no way Bekichick would have given David Harris a big contract! No way, even if he LOVED what Harris had done for him in the past.

Thats the difference between the Pats & most other teams in this league. No one holds Belichick hostage. Now he has the pelts as Parcells use to say to be that way & because he wins. But it's a formula for LONG TERM success to refilling the cupboard. He trades Chandler Jones AT THE RIGHT TIME. The guy is brilliant, let's face it. He's become a master at building a roster in the age of free agency & everyone's accountable. It just SUCKS that we're in the same division. Broncos, Steelers, and any other contender in the AFC would be in the same position as the Jets every year if they were in the AFC East, fighting for a wildcard spot and having to play in New England in the playoffs even if they get there. Does anyone here believe the Broncos would have gotten to the Super Bowl last year if they played that AFCCG in Gillette?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Trade Richardson to them for a 1st and a 3rd....

That's a great idea by the way! 

You don't just miraculously come back from a bad back when your the size of Watt, crashing into 300lbers 16 times a year. You only need to watch a Dlineman practice & see that drill when you on your knees & thrust those padded blocking dummies using all of the force from your shoulders & hips that all goes through your back & spine.

Such a shame, one of the great ones who's career might be cut short.

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Well at least they have their Franchise Quarterback... no wait, he SUCKS.    I wonder if O'Brien now wishes they drafted Hackenburg or another quarterback like Prescott or Brissett.... 

I don't think he's losing sleep over hackenberg who can't start over Geno "Gonna Give Game Away" Smith or Ryan "Fitzpick for six" Fitzpatrick.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Trade Richardson to them for a 1st and a 3rd....

Would be fine. More realistic, trade Jarvis Jenkins to them for a 6th. Doubt we get back the 4th he cost us, but it might help make a dent. We already paid his $1.5M signing bonus (lol) and I think next year is a team option at $2.5M. Due to the low cost and instant need, plus the team option for a 2nd cheap season if needed, I think we could get a 6th. Or trade him and our 7th for their 5th (MM seems to like doing the 5th/7th round swap so far). 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't think he's losing sleep over hackenberg who can't start over Geno "Gonna Give Game Away" Smith or Ryan "Fitzpick for six" Fitzpatrick.

Sometimes you draft with some vision. The idea that Hack was drafted to start this year is only in the mind of delusional Jet fans. What Fitzpatrick has to do with this is beyond me. 

Archived