Namath had THREE 6 INT games in his career...

PepPep

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, in his 12th year has had ONE. 

Point is, many great QBs have horrible games where they throw a bunch of INTs...and Fitz isn't even a great QB. These things happen. He only had ONE INT in the previous 2 games. 

That is all. 

That's one of the most useless comparison we see debated on this site all the time. When Namath threw 6 ints, 

1967: Throws 6 picks in a game. Still didn't lose the game (tied). 
1972. Namath throws for 2812 yards, 19 TDs and 21 picks. He makes the Pro Bowl and is a 2nd team All-Pro. 
1975: Namath throws 6 ints in a game. Team won 3 games that year. 
1976: Throws 5 ints in a game. Team won 3 again. 

6 picks suck no matter how you wanna butter it up. In Namath's era, you made the Pro Bowl even after 21 picks. He made the 2nd team all-pro with 21 picks. And with all those 6 and 5 pick games in his career, he still made the HoF and deservedly so. He was a 2-time MVP. Fitz? He got a sniff of the playoffs in his 11th year, but decided he'll sh*t the bed instead. Never made it to the Pro Bowl, let alone any APs or MVP (lololol). 

Fitz should've had 10 ints last week. He's lucky he escaped with only 6 picks. ONLY 6 picks. 

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

That's one of the most useless comparison we see debated on this site all the time. When Namath threw 6 ints, 

1967: Throws 6 picks in a game. Still didn't lose the game (tied). 
1972. Namath throws for 2812 yards, 19 TDs and 21 picks. He makes the Pro Bowl and is a 2nd team All-Pro. 
1975: Namath throws 6 ints in a game. Team won 3 games that year. 
1976: Throws 5 ints in a game. Team won 3 again. 

6 picks suck no matter how you wanna butter it up. In Namath's era, you made the Pro Bowl even after 21 picks. He made the 2nd team all-pro with 21 picks. And with all those 6 and 5 pick games in his career, he still made the HoF and deservedly so. He was a 2-time MVP. Fitz? He got a sniff of the playoffs in his 11th year, but decided he'll sh*t the bed instead. Never made it to the Pro Bowl, let alone any APs or MVP (lololol). 

Fitz should've had 10 ints last week. He's lucky he escaped with only 6 picks. ONLY 6 picks. 

Not sure why ANYONE would think this thread suggested that Fitz is ANYWHERE near the QB Namath was (or ever will be). That's clearly not the point. The point is that sometimes even good QBs have bad days where they throw a lot of INTs. 6 is a lot, but I'm not sure why anyone is THAT surprised to see that from Fitz with the way the game was going and the limitations Fitz has as a QB and the fact that he is very clearly, as shown throughout his career, a mediocre up and down QB. To paraphrase the late D.Green- 'he is who we thought he was'.   

I just thought I'd use a Jet great to emphasize my point. 

27 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Not sure why ANYONE would think this thread suggested that Fitz is ANYWHERE near the QB Namath was (or ever will be). That's clearly not the point. The point is that sometimes even good QBs have bad days where they throw a lot of INTs. 6 is a lot, but I'm not sure why anyone is THAT surprised to see that from Fitz with the way the game was going and the limitations Fitz has as a QB and the fact that he is very clearly, as shown throughout his career, a mediocre up and down QB. To paraphrase the late D.Green- 'he is who we thought he was'.   

I just thought I'd use a Jet great to emphasize my point. 

You think I didn't know what point  you were making? You missed my point, apparently. 6 ints back then weren't the end of the world. You had Hall of Fame QBs that threw 5 and 6 ints numerous times. Meaning? It was the norm back then. Stats that put you in the HoF in the 60s, are the same stats that can end your career nowadays. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

yes, exactly:rolleyes:

I lose IQ points just from reading the posts of certain posters.

Mark Sanchez - 2009

loss to NO 24-10, 3 ints, 1 fumble

loss to Buff 16-13, 5 ints, 1 fumble

loss to NE 31-14, 4 ints, 1 fumble

Loss to Atl 10-7, 3 ints

Mark Sanchez - 2011

Last 3 games, 7 ints all three loses, we go form 8-5 to 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Mark Sanchez 9 - 3 plus int games in 8 years

Ryan Fitzpatrick 11 - 3 plus int games in 12 years.

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, in his 12th year has had ONE. 

Point is, many great QBs have horrible games where they throw a bunch of INTs...and Fitz isn't even a great QB. These things happen. He only had ONE INT in the previous 2 games. 

That is all. 

How many Superbowls did Fitzpatrick win and guarantee?

//Tx'd

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mark Sanchez - 2009

loss to NO 24-10, 3 ints, 1 fumble

loss to Buff 16-13, 5 ints, 1 fumble

loss to NE 31-14, 4 ints, 1 fumble

Loss to Atl 10-7, 3 ints

Mark Sanchez - 2011

Last 3 games, 7 ints all three loses, we go form 8-5 to 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Mark Sanchez 9 - 3 plus int games in 8 years

Ryan Fitzpatrick 11 - 3 plus int games in 12 years.

I don't get it- what is your point?

16 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Were you even born in 1967??

was I alive to see Babe Ruth play? 

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When you use the bold function it stands out more.

I still don't get what that has to do with this?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Without Namath there is no season.  

yes, what would the jets ghave been able to do w/ another QB w/ that excellent D, excellent run game and excellent group of receivers.  Thank you Joe for those amazing 28 INTs in just 14 games that cost us a div title!

Archived