Geno gets mixed response from fans re: instagram post

AFJF

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

There are millions of Jets fans so, yes, there are millions of people who "do not love" Geno Smith.

Chad Pennington never played in an AFC Championship Game, you should check your Jets history.  He ruined the masterpiece that Bill Parcells built, couldn't play clutch in a big game to save his life, fooled everyone with his sweet smile, he's just a different version of Rex Ryan, that's why I severely "do not love" Chad Pennington.

What's old and boring are fans like you who raise a huge stink about every other quarterback on the roster and their foibles without anything tangible to defend your positive outlook on Geno.

The reason you are angry is because after Fitzpatrick's failure you thought this was going to be a fun week in the forums, strutting your stuff, getting some strange vengeance against your fellow Jets fans.  And instead, you're getting the reality that Fitzpatrick's failure is Geno Smith's failure because it's Geno Smith's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the team.  This is what happens when you are an NFL franchise quarterback who busts.  You are responsible for team failure long after you're on the bench, long after you're in the CFL.

SAR I

OMG dude.  I gonna have to put you on ignore or go get those pills for sad people. Some deep depressing shit right there.  I need a snack. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SAR I said:

There are millions of Jets fans so, yes, there are millions of people who "do not love" Geno Smith.

Chad Pennington never played in an AFC Championship Game, you should check your Jets history.  He ruined the masterpiece that Bill Parcells built, couldn't play clutch in a big game to save his life, fooled everyone with his sweet smile, he's just a different version of Rex Ryan, that's why I severely "do not love" Chad Pennington.

What's old and boring are fans like you who raise a huge stink about every other quarterback on the roster and their foibles without anything tangible to defend your positive outlook on Geno.

The reason you are angry is because after Fitzpatrick's failure you thought this was going to be a fun week in the forums, strutting your stuff, getting some strange vengeance against your fellow Jets fans.  And instead, you're getting the reality that Fitzpatrick's failure is Geno Smith's failure because it's Geno Smith's fault Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the team.  This is what happens when you are an NFL franchise quarterback who busts.  You are responsible for team failure long after you're on the bench, long after you're in the CFL.

SAR I

The masterpiece that Bill parcells built?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

As does calling someone a racist when they have made no literal or latent mention of race at all. 

"Latent" is really up for interpretation. And, as a 50+ year old black man, I have a real good radar for it. Note, too, that I said "I SUSPECT" so, not outright calling out.

11 minutes ago, phill1c said:

"Latent" is really up for interpretation. And, as a 50+ year old black man, I have a real good radar for it. Note, too, that I said "I SUSPECT" so, not outright calling out.

Max ffs, can we get this politics/sociology sh*t out of here?

We have forum rules for a reason.  It's clear no one is being "racist" towards Geno here, and this constant accusation of it needs stopped.

Bad enough we all got called "implicit racists" by our future President the other day, do we now all need to suffer under the thought police when we decide how we evaluate the play of certain players?  Do we have to start limiting our criticism because a player might be black (in a league where the majority of players are black)?

Come on.  We got people rooting for injuries to our own players, and now we got people telling anyone who doesn't like Geno as a #1 QB that they're all racists.  

Seriously?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Max ffs, can we get this politics/sociology sh*t out of here?

We have forum rules for a reason.  It's clear no one is being "racist" towards Geno here, and this constant accusation of it needs stopped.

Bad enough we all got called "implicit racists" by our future President the other day, do we now all need to suffer under the thought police when we decide how we evaluate the play of certain players?  Do we have to start limiting our criticism because a player might be black (in a league where the majority of players are black)?

Come on.  We got people rooting for injuries to our own players, and now we got people telling anyone who doesn't like Geno as a #1 QB that they're all racists.  

Seriously?

Hey, I just responded. And I was speaking of a particular person, not EVERYONE. If you don't really want to discuss it, try ignoring it. I try, but people keep pulling me back in to a discussion about a player who hasn't seen the field in 2 years but whose very name causes a 300-post 'debate'. And then YOU mention our "future President" so you feel free to discuss the very politics/sociology sh*t you want out of here.

Don't worry, I suspect I'll be kicked out soon...

Archived