Keys to defeating Seattle

Gas2No99

The Jets defense may luck out if Wilson is a no go at QB for Seattle - Jets defense is notoriously bad with scrambling QBs who can improvise on the run - and would then face UDFA - but talented - rookie QB Trevor Boykin out of TCU. Throw in a tattered Seattle offensive line and our defensive line SHOULD have a field day. If they do is yet to be seen.

If Seattle goes with a rookie QB, they will most likely continue the trend of using bubble screens and quick simple one-read passes to alleviate pressure off the rookie. This is where Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, and Harris are key. Seattle is going to try to deploy Graham in the same manner as KC did with Kelce last week and hope that Harris is gasping for air and the LB pups blow coverages like Lee did vs. Cincy. Bowles should mix it up and play more zone and blitz with minimal sub package substitutions to keep the defense playing SIMPLE & FAST.

Both Seattle and the Jets have lost a KEY part of their offensive identity in no longer having a bruising power back to wear down defenses. They miss Lynch and we lack what Ivory - and supposedly what Khiry Robinson  would have been - in providing a grinding offense that tires out and hits back at defenders. The lack of a power running game puts more pressure on Fitz which is what was CLEARLY evident v. KC. I'd continue to attack with a spread offense utilizing our receiving strength and depth and take advantage of Seattle's depleted secondary depth. That implies a BIG SOUND turnover-free game from #14 .  . . . let's see how HE and the Jets TEAM rebound at home.

This game can go either way really. 

Oh yeah, it's a HOME game too. So we BETTER do our part in assisting our boys to an UPSET victory by being loud in Sunday on a 72 degree sunny day. 

Supposedly we are a top 5 defense. Supposedly we have a top 3 DL, yet we need to depend on an injured QB not playing and an injured opponent OL to have a chance at winning a home game?

NE will be 4-0. Doesn't matter who they play or, who plays for them for that matter.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Supposedly we are a top 5 defense. Supposedly we have a top 3 DL, yet we need to depend on an injured QB not playing and an injured opponent OL to have a chance at winning a home game?

NE will be 4-0. Doesn't matter who they play or, who plays for them for that matter.

WHo said we were top 5?

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

WHo said we were top 5?

They did, and every time you turn on the TV there is some idiot saying that. What really bugs me is the players hear that and believe it. From what I have seen, nothing could be further from the truth. They are actually a bottom 5 D if you ask me.

25 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

They did, and every time you turn on the TV there is some idiot saying that. What really bugs me is the players hear that and believe it. From what I have seen, nothing could be further from the truth. They are actually a bottom 5 D if you ask me.

Our Dline has no chance because the back end of our defense is like a sieve. There seems to be WIDE OPEN receivers on every play in this defense. All they talked about all week leading into the KC game was slowing down Kelce, so how does a guy your targeting on defense, catches a simple crossing route & rumbles down the field with no one within 5 yards of him when he catches the ball. It's mind blowing the blown assignments that we're seeing. It can only be 1 of 2 things, bad coaching or bad execution of a good plan? What is it? The players or the scheme? That's the question the idiotic media needs to ask at these press conferences.

Todd in 2 of your 3 games the 2 guys you needed to slow down, TJ Green & Travis Kelce have both caught passes with very little difficulty. What does this Jet defense do well? Isn't the main basis of a defense to 1st slow down the star players of the opponent? How do fix these issues?

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Oh yeah, it's a HOME game too. So we BETTER do our part in assisting our boys to an UPSET victory by being loud in Sunday on a 72 degree sunny day. 

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts throughout the game too. I don't think the magnitude of this game is lost on anyone. 1-3 is almost a death sentence on the year, so if Fitzpatrick doesn't come out hot the boos might definitely start, in which case that is going to be a major test for Bowels in seeing how he reacts to that.

a west coast team traveling east for an early game gives the jets a great chance to get a lead early before they adjust 

too bad they tend to start slow.  

the kid chrstine looked very good from what I saw, quick and shifty, they need to deal with him

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts throughout the game too. I don't think the magnitude of this game is lost on anyone. 1-3 is almost a death sentence on the year, so if Fitzpatrick doesn't come out hot the boos might definitely start, in which case that is going to be a major test for Bowels in seeing how he reacts to that.

arms crossed, stoic face, stay the course.  he's going all the way with fitz

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

The Jets defense may luck out if Wilson is a no go at QB for Seattle - Jets defense is notoriously bad with scrambling QBs who can improvise on the run - and would then face UDFA - but talented - rookie QB Trevor Boykin out of TCU. Throw in a tattered Seattle offensive line and our defensive line SHOULD have a field day. If they do is yet to be seen.

If Seattle goes with a rookie QB, they will most likely continue the trend of using bubble screens and quick simple one-read passes to alleviate pressure off the rookie. This is where Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin, and Harris are key. Seattle is going to try to deploy Graham in the same manner as KC did with Kelce last week and hope that Harris is gasping for air and the LB pups blow coverages like Lee did vs. Cincy. Bowles should mix it up and play more zone and blitz with minimal sub package substitutions to keep the defense playing SIMPLE & FAST.

Both Seattle and the Jets have lost a KEY part of their offensive identity in no longer having a bruising power back to wear down defenses. They miss Lynch and we lack what Ivory - and supposedly what Khiry Robinson  would have been - in providing a grinding offense that tires out and hits back at defenders. The lack of a power running game puts more pressure on Fitz which is what was CLEARLY evident v. KC. I'd continue to attack with a spread offense utilizing our receiving strength and depth and take advantage of Seattle's depleted secondary depth. That implies a BIG SOUND turnover-free game from #14 .  . . . let's see how HE and the Jets TEAM rebound at home.

OUr D is not playing like a top D.    Game planning, communication, competitiveness are all below par.  NIce names.  They just have not been doing it.  In fairness, last game they did not give up a lot of points.  That offense sucked, though. But can they get off the field, at least.?

9 hours ago, jack48 said:

OUr D is not playing like a top D.    Game planning, communication, competitiveness are all below par.  NIce names.  They just have not been doing it.  In fairness, last game they did not give up a lot of points.  That offense sucked, though. But can they get off the field, at least.?

Last game, D gave up a 35 yard drive for a TD and a 44 yard drive for a FG. Also stopped KC on 4th down at a critical point, and caused a red zone turnover that swung the momentum back in our favour. 

I know they looked ineffective a lot of the time, but if Fitz and the O didn't sh!t the bed Sunday they'd have looked like heroes with that performance.

44 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Last game, D gave up a 35 yard drive for a TD and a 44 yard drive for a FG. Also stopped KC on 4th down at a critical point, and caused a red zone turnover that swung the momentum back in our favour. 

I know they looked ineffective a lot of the time, but if Fitz and the O didn't sh!t the bed Sunday they'd have looked like heroes with that performance.

The D was fine Fitz and Marshall and Powell constantly giving the Chiefs Gifts is what lost the game

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Too many fans here did not seem to see that the KC game plan was based on maintaining the edge on TOP.  They did do that. 

You win games by outscoring your opponent.  There's no particular magic to hitting a particular total score.  The "magic" is winning by a comfortable points margin that does not allow your opponent to win it down the stretch.

As for the fourth down stop, while a good play by the Jet D, I think it ends up being the exception that proved "the rule", the rule being that the secondary is a real problem.  The fourth down stop was about the front seven making the KC offense pay for trying to get that on the ground.  It was of no credit to the Jet secondary.

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

We just do not seem to be very god on 3rd down, and have not been since Bowles got here.

19 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

go root for NE then!

21 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

isn't it suppose to rain on sunday?   how is that going to affect the game plan?

19 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

bottom 5?  can you name the other 4?

It's a QB league and this team will only go as far as Fitz can take them. If he continues to implode the way he has recently,( if you count last years final game he has 11 interceptions in 4 games), this team is doomed. Needs to clean it up and in a hurry. I would use a lot of screens and mix it up nicely with powell and forte, call some trick plays and our defense or ST needs a score to win this game in my opinion. It will be a close hard fought game, my fear is getting blown out. That would crush the mental state of this team with, oh yea Pittsburg next! Thanks schedule makers one more time.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

It's a QB league and this team will only go as far as Fitz can take them. If he continues to implode the way he has recently,( if you count last years final game he has 11 interceptions in 4 games), this team is doomed. Needs to clean it up and in a hurry. I would use a lot of screens and mix it up nicely with powell and forte, call some trick plays and our defense or ST needs a score to win this game in my opinion. It will be a close hard fought game, my fear is getting blown out. That would crush the mental state of this team with, oh yea Pittsburg next! Thanks schedule makers one more time.

If Decker and Marshall cant play, forget it. 

59 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

isn't it suppose to rain on sunday?   how is that going to affect the game plan?

ugh . . . The forecast has changed. It stated that it was going to rain all day Saturday leaving a clear, yet brisk, Sunday.

NOW it states 80% chance of rain w/Thunderstorms in the morning and Rain off/on throughout afternoon.

It'll make us more dependent on a running game that isn't powerful. At this rate - if used as in first 3 games - we'll have no Forte (age, wear, etc) towards the end of the season. This game will be ugly.

Archived