Todd Bowles: "No question" Fitz is the starter

j4jets

Sorry if its a repost. I missed this apparently. Unbelievable really. 6 ints are believable but to show such blind support after the fact is borderline retarded. Keeping him as a starter is one thing but to come out and say "no question (he's the starter)" and "the trust is the same" is whole different level. If you didn't even consider pulling a 6 pick QB out of the game, you are one hell of a tool. Smart HCs look beyond the fact how much they invested in the QB. Not Bowles. But those 10 wins against sh*tty teams tho!

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_todd_bowles_says_he_hasnt_lost_any_trust_in_r.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Sunday's terrible 24-3 loss at the Chiefs dropped theJets to 1-2, with the Seahawks coming to MetLife Stadium next week. 

Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, in that game, will try to rebound from Sunday's six-interception fiasco. And Jets coach Todd Bowles thinks Fitzpatrick is plenty capable of doing it.

After Sunday's game, Bowles said he hasn't lost any trust in Fitzpatrick as his starting quarterback

"The trust is the same," Bowles said. "He had a bad day at the office. Last week, he had a great day at the office. Got to regroup." 

Last week, of course, Fitzpatrick excelled in a win at Buffalo. 

Bowles said he never considered pulling Fitzpatrick from Sunday's game, and that there's "no question" Fitzpatrick remains the team's starter. 

Fitzpatrick on Sunday played a big role in the Jets having eight turnovers — tied for the second-most in team history. The Jets hadn't had that many turnovers in a game since they had 10 (their record) in 1976 against the Patriots.

All 24 of the points the Chiefs scored Sunday came off turnovers, including a Fitzpatrick pick returned for a touchdown and a Jalin Marshall fumbled kickoff that was run back for a touchdown. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Bowles has to say about Jalin Marshall. I'm not saying that the loss was all his fault-there's plenty of blame to go around-but when the Chiefs made it 10-0 and the Jets needed to regain some momentum, having that fumble returned for a TD on the next kick off was a back breaker. It was like Fitz went into desperation mode and began recklessly throwing the ball downfield to try and get some quick points. 

Jalin should not be returning KOs again, at least until he learns how to hold onto the ball

Just now, Freemanm said:

I wonder what Bowles has to say about Jalin Marshall. I'm not saying that the loss was all his fault-there's plenty of blame to go around-but when the Chiefs made it 10-0 and the Jets needed to regain some momentum, having that fumble returned for a TD on the next kick off was a back breaker. It was like Fitz went into desperation mode and began recklessly throwing the ball downfield to try and get some quick points. 

Jalin should not be returning KOs again, at least until he learns how to hold onto the ball

Marshall is going to miss several weeks with a torn labrum. That's what Bowles said about him.

11 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I agree on the accountability part and Jalin Marshall was benched from KO returns (Quincy returned the next one). But Fitz didn't go into "desperation mode". He was errant from the getgo. 

14 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

CJ Spiller ?

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I agree on the accountability part and Jalin Marshall was benched from KO returns (Quincy returned the next one). But Fitz didn't go into "desperation mode". He was errant from the getgo. 

Fitz was off right from the beginning of the game. Its so painful watching our starting QB & knowing that he'll never have the arm or the accuracy to lead a WR to the endzone. All of our drives are like we're dragging ball & chains with us as we go down the field. For all of the grief we give our defense, how many quick strike TDs does our offense score? 

Obviously moving the ball helps the defense but when your offense scores 3 points it's never on the defense if the offense gives up 17 points on turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Fitz was off right from the beginning of the game. Its so painful watching our starting QB & knowing that he'll never have the arm or the accuracy to lead a WR to the endzone. All of our drives are like we're dragging ball & chains with us as we go down the field. For all of the grief we give our defense, how many quick strike TDs does our offense score? 

Obviously moving the ball helps the defense but when your offense scores 3 points it's never on the defense if the offense gives up 17 points on turnovers.

Did you close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and go na na na na na na 30 times last year?

I just don't understand what the expectations were for this season. A ton of people talking about Brady being out and missing an opportunity.

How many times does this need to be said. THEY ARE NOT WINNING THE DIVISION UNTIL BRADY or BELICHICK ARE GONE. THE DOLPHINS AREN'T AND THE BILLS AREN'T.

EXPECTATIONS IN SPORTS ARE EVIL

No one is benching their starting QB in week 4 off of a bad game, even if it was historically bad.  Who is playing? Petty?  

And what's he supposed to do sound wishy washy about him holding the position?  Give him a half hearted line of support?  Let the team known they're not 100% sure that he can handle it?  

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Did you close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and go na na na na na na 30 times last year?

Fitz TD passes outside of the opposing teams 25 yard line were all seam routes to Decker that Rex took away in week 17. Others were Marshall breaking tackles. Most of his 31 TDs were passes inside the 10 yard line.

Watch Redzone & you'll see QBs actually THROWING WRS OPEN. You won't see it this Sunday when Fitz goes back to throw.

Nothing surprising from Bowles statement everyone knew he was say that.

Oh as the for the generic we can't throw deep with Fitz at QB.

The Jets were 2nd in the league in passing attempts longer then 15 yards last year

Fitzpatrick had more completions of 15 yards or more than:

Wilson, Dalton, Newton, Brady, Rivers, Bradford, Ryan, Rogers, Manning, Flacco, Stafford

He also screwed up more and a far worse comp % but it's a fallacy that the Jets don't go deep or try to go deep even with a noodle arm.  We won;t be passing deep anymore than we are now with Geno or Petty.

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Jalin had one turnover. Fitz is a lock with 6 turnovers so Jalin must a lock for the probowl and hall of fame according to bowles

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Usual deflection from a bad post and a terrible point being made.

Terrible point because it owns anything pro-Fitz you've ever said.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nothing surprising from Bowles statement everyone knew he was say that.

Oh as the for the generic we can't throw deep with Fitz at QB.

The Jets were 2nd in the league in passing attempts longer then 15 yards last year

15 yards must be the new "taking deep shots". 

Fitzpatrick had more completions of 15 yards or more than:

Wilson, Dalton, Newton, Brady, Rivers, Bradford, Ryan, Rogers, Manning, Flacco, Stafford

Again, 15 yards must be the new "taking deep shots". 

He also screwed up more and a far worse comp % but it's a fallacy that the Jets don't go deep or try to go deep even with a noodle arm.  We won;t be passing deep anymore than we are now with Geno or Petty.

Hey, we have an agreement there. And for god sake, please adjust you definition of "passing deep". 

I am not and was not a fan of bringing Fitz back.  However, right now he is the best option for this team.  They blew the opportunity to get Petty an opportunity to work with the ones and now is hurt.  Smith needs to take the long walk into the abyss of suck never to be heard of again.  

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cant bench him for one bad game. Now if it goes to two and he struggles against Seattle that way, then you think about benching him

Point being, what you just said, should've been made clear. Not "No question" and  "the trust is the same". The fact that Bowles didn't even consider benching Fitz in the last game is very bothersome. Geno or even Hack should have been sent out there at least after the 5th pick when the game was out of reach at 24-3 with about 3 minutes left. 

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

I am not and was not a fan of bringing Fitz back.  However, right now he is the best option for this team.  They blew the opportunity to get Petty an opportunity to work with the ones and now is hurt.  Smith needs to take the long walk into the abyss of suck never to be heard of again.  

Wait, I think you got the names mixed up. It was Fitz that sucked. Geno has never been that bad. Aint that something? 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Point being, what you just said, should've been made clear. Not "No question" and  "the trust is the same". The fact that Bowles didn't even consider benching Fitz in the last game is very bothersome. Geno or even Hack should have been sent out there at least after the 5th pick when the game was out of reach at 24-3 with about 3 minutes left. 

Maybe he was trying get Fitz injured, putting him back onto the field without a single rational reason, so he can remain blameless for the rest of the season after removing him.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

What else do you propose?? Start Geno? Pleaseeeeee, and stop with the Petty talk, he is not ready and hurt.

What do you propose? Fitz? The one that has ended last five drives with five straight ints? Sure. Im just glad we didn't have more drives. We all know where that wouldve lead us. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe he was trying get Fitz injured, putting him back onto the field without a single rational reason, so he can remain blameless for the rest of the season after removing him.

lol, that might be the only "rational reason" why Fitz went back out there. 

Archived