4 QB's, 4 TE's, two injured players

AFJF

if we are talking about moves it's a mystery how either Dozier or Shell made the 53 man. They were bad in preseason, even against scrub-a-dubs in week 4. either could be taxied no problem. 

the 4 QBs really is borderline roster mismanagement at this point. 

Geno is deleting instagrams, Hackenberg on scholarship and Petty, clearly the best of the bunch, might be better off on IR. Sad.

1 minute ago, CaliforniaJet said:

4 bad QBs and 4 Bad TEs

Meh...1 bad TE (Davis), 1 very talented young TE who needs to get his head on straight (ASJ), a developmental H-Back who can do a lot of things well (Bowman) and Bostick.

On September 28, 2016 at 4:30 PM, bitonti said:

if we are talking about moves it's a mystery how either Dozier or Shell made the 53 man. They were bad in preseason, even against scrub-a-dubs in week 4. either could be taxied no problem. 

Geno is deleting instagrams, Hackenberg on scholarship and Petty, clearly the best of the bunch, might be better off on IR. Sad.

There's nothing borderline about it, especially since Hackenberg is worse than Dozier or Shell by several orders of magitude. Everyone wanted A Personnel Guy as GM. This is how a personnel guy manages a roster.

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There's nothing borderline about it, especially since Hackenberg is worse than Dozier or Shell by several orders of magitude. Everyone wanted A Personnel Guy as GM. This is how a personnel guy manages a roster.

Right, because a smart GM would cut a developmental prospect immediately after drafting them in the second round. Because there's obviously no hope they could improve. Brilliant 

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Right, because a smart GM would cut a developmental prospect immediately after drafting them in the second round. Because there's obviously no hope they could improve. Brilliant 

the only defense for Hack's roster spot is the absolute scarcity of QB's in the league, that makes even Sam Bradford worth multiple first rounders in trades. Hack is a total worthless bum but even that bum has value in this league.

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

23 players. 30 redshirts left open for walk ons. Welcome to Florham Park CC Turnpikes football, folks!

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the only defense for Hack's roster spot is the absolute scarcity of QB's in the league, that makes even Sam Bradford worth multiple first rounders in trades. Hack is a total worthless bum but even that bum has value in this league.

There's also the possibility that after a year of working with the coaching staff, he could become a partially worthless bum

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why so much hate for Hack? You sound unreasonably sour on a kid that has yet to play a down in the NFL (not counting pre-season, where he barely played anyway). If anything, he seems like a nice guy. Maybe Macc is a bum for drafting him or keeping him on the roster, but damn, lay off the kid.    

Just now, PepPep said:

Why so much hate for Hack? You sound unreasonably sour on a kid that has yet to play a down in the NFL (not counting pre-season, where he barely played anyway). If anything, he seems like a nice guy. Maybe Macc is a bum for drafting him or keeping him on the roster, but damn, lay off the kid.    

Because the smart jets fans know that if any draft pick isn't immediately a star player, they should be cut and the entire staff fired. Repeat every year until great

9 minutes ago, cant wait said:

There's also the possibility that after a year of working with the coaching staff, he could become a partially worthless bum

You mean starting next year right?  Because the Jets infinitely brilliant philosophy is to not touch a guys mechanics until he has proved he sucks.  This time next year people will be wring off this year and saying Hack is a rookie he needs to change his mechanics!  Give him time!

By far the worst part of him is that we used a frggin 2nd rounder on him a guy that appears to be the biggest development QB we have ever seen on the Jets.  We can only hope and pray that if by any chance we can draft a legit prospect higher in the draft next year Mac doesn't waffle because he just used a 2nd rounder.

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I don't hate Hack but I did see him play football. He was David Carr'ed by Penn State. The question is, can that which has been ruined, be unruined. It remains to be seen. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You mean starting next year right?  Because the Jets infinitely brilliant philosophy is to not touch a guys mechanics until he has proved he sucks.  This time next year people will be wring off this year and saying Hack is a rookie he needs to change his mechanics!  Give him time!

By far the worst part of him is that we used a frggin 2nd rounder on him a guy that appears to be the biggest development QB we have ever seen on the Jets.  We can only hope and pray that if by any chance we can draft a legit prospect higher in the draft next year Mac doesn't waffle because he just used a 2nd rounder.

Yes, one full year. And if mac was comfortable taking a 5 tech DE #6 overall with Sheldon/Mo already on the roster, he won't pass up on a top QB prospect because of Hackenberg 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't hate Hack but I did see him play football. He was David Carr'ed by Penn State. The question is, can that which has been ruined, be unruined. It remains to be seen. 

This.

I'm hoping Petty is the guy, and Hack just needs to become a really good 2nd QB. Perfectly fine outcome for a 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

And how Internet GMs criticize players that the personnel guy drafted before even playing a down of NFL football.  What's the difference, hire a org guy and fans whine they want a personnel guy.  Get a personnel guy and fans cry about meaningless roster moves.  

It never ends.  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And how Internet GMs criticize players that the personnel guy drafted before even playing a down of NFL football.  What's the difference, hire a org guy and fans whine they want a personnel guy.  Get a personnel guy and fans cry about meaningless roster moves.  

It never ends.  

Unfortunately the fans have been right about a good many of the jets draftees over the years.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unfortunately the fans have been right about a good many of the jets draftees over the years.

No they haven't.  

Fans, Jets fans, pretty much hate every pick and complain.  Most picks wash out, it's a crapshoot and fans take credit. 

Not too many fans who can put their entire draft up against a team draft and do well

Why do you people worry about this sh*t?? Wtf? Does carrying 2 QB's mean we're suddenly a contender? Who the **** cares about Hack or Geno or Petty right now? They all suck now, and so does Fitz. Cutting Geno and Hack doesn't bring us some magical player that suddenly makes Fitz any good. God you people have too much time on your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Why do you people worry about this sh*t?? Wtf? Does carrying 2 QB's mean we're suddenly a contender? Who the **** cares about Hack or Geno or Petty right now? They all suck now, and so does Fitz. Cutting Geno and Hack doesn't bring us some magical player that suddenly makes Fitz any good. God you people have too much time on your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says mr 1,669 posts snootypants.

On 9/28/2016 at 5:30 PM, bitonti said:

Yeah if we didn't have 4 QBs then we could have picked up....??? that would have saved our season, or we could have kept a developmental safety. That'll haunt of for years. 

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A smart GM wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.

Who knows if it was the right decision at this point or not....but saying a 'smart' GM wouldn't have drafted him is nonsense, until you know how he turns out.

To me, the two most important attributes for an NFL QB, in order of importance, are having a potential NFL QB mind, and followed closely by the physical attributes to make every throw along with the height/body build etc....you cannot 'teach' these or will them to someone like you can with mechanics.

But guys that possess the 2 most important attributes do not grow on trees...and if he had the rest figured out, he'd been picked before Goff and Wentz.  Maybe he would have been there in some later round, perhaps not.  Maybe Mac jumped too soon, but if he was that impressed with Hack's potential, I'm sure he was worried that he might be gone by the next pick.

I'm still holding out hope.

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Who knows if it was the right decision at this point or not....but saying a 'smart' GM wouldn't have drafted him is nonsense, until you know how he turns out.

To me, the two most important attributes for an NFL QB, in order of importance, are having a potential NFL QB mind, and followed closely by the physical attributes to make every throw along with the height/body build etc....you cannot 'teach' these or will them to someone like you can with mechanics.

But guys that possess the 2 most important attributes do not grow on trees...and if he had the rest figured out, he'd been picked before Goff and Wentz.  Maybe he would have been there in some later round, perhaps not.  Maybe Mac jumped too soon, but if he was that impressed with Hack's potential, I'm sure he was worried that he might be gone by the next pick.

I'm still holding out hope.

most of the scouting reports agree he has a "golden" arm, and nice NFL size

they also agree he has no touch, accuracy or pocket presence.  I have never read he has a great grasp of the game.  He does dumb things

I hope I'm wrong, I would love to be wrong, but what I saw from hack in the PS was sanchez' brain with a tebow arm

he is sanbow

Archived