4 QB's, 4 TE's, two injured players

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

most of the scouting reports agree he has a "golden" arm, and nice NFL size

they also agree he has no touch, accuracy or pocket presence.  

I hope I'm wrong, I would love to be wrong, but what I saw from hack in the PS was sanchez' brain with a tebow arm

he is sanbow

Tebow arm? LMAO. Sanchez brain? C'mon...

I was gonna type out a long response to this, but at this point fail to see the purpose because it's hard to defend a guy with like 2 months NFL experience as a de facto 4th string QB.  Just gonna say, no one knows the end of the story yet and bitching about a 'lost' or wasted 2nd rd pick to me and calling the GM 'dumb' is laughable at this point.  2 yrs from now we can all agree it was a wasted opportunity to draft someone else instead and look at the list of who went later...we do this every year anyway.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

I was gonna type out a long response to this, but at this point fail to see the purpose because it's hard to defend a guy with like 2 months NFL experience as a de facto 4th string QB.  Just gonna say, no one knows the end of the story yet and bitching about a 'lost' or wasted 2nd rd pick to me and calling the GM 'dumb' is laughable at this point.  2 yrs from now we can all agree it was a wasted opportunity to draft someone else instead and look at the list of who went later...we do this every year anyway.

oh yeah.  he goes from bounce passes to sailing them over guys heads by 10 feet !  he has terrible accuracy. his nickname at PSU was sackenberg because when his first read isn't wide open, bad things happen

I ignored all the camp tweets and scouting reports until I saw him with my own eyes.  then I had to face the facts, he's terrible

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

It's really amazing that people are so unwilling to entertain the idea that a prospect could develop with the proper support in place. When they drafted petty he had no idea how to identify the middle linebacker pre-snap but the stats were good coming out of the baylor program, with hackenberg it's almost the opposite situation with a kid who clearly possesses a good understanding and mind for the game but is coming from a horrendous situation and could be shell shocked/damaged goods. These are raw prospects that are going to take time to relearn the game from the ground up... Ideally either would have been perfect for a team with a franchise starter in place but unfortunately the jets don't have that luxury

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The good news is that every starting skill position player other than Decker is 38 years old.

Hey not for nothing but someone tried warning you schlemiels that was gonna happen two years ago and i'm not gonna say his name but it rhymes with schmutgersschmetschman

1 hour ago, Larz said:

oh yeah.  he goes from bounce passes to sailing them over guys heads by 10 feet !  he has terrible accuracy. his nickname at PSU was sackenberg because when his first read isn't wide open, bad things happen

I ignored all the camp tweets and scouting reports until I saw him with my own eyes.  then I had to face the facts, he's terrible

And having watched a lot of that film, I can tell you that after his freshman year at PSU it didn't matter who his second or third options were, because if his first read wasn't open he was getting his ass kicked.  He had no 'weaponz' either, nor any OL.

Same sh*t some are throwing out there now in support of Geno, but at least with Hack that was at a college level at this point.

Just replied to mention a few things:

1.  No one has any idea if the pick on Hack was good, bad or indifferent at this point and denigrating the GM over it NOW is asinine.   We can have this conversation in 2018 I suppose and then give Macc his due, right or wrong.

2.  The kid has potential, but I understand the doubt...we are Jets fans after all. Sometimes surprises come in every level of the draft...just as I'm sure that the NE Pats fans would have laughed if you told them they had just drafted the future of their franchise in the 6th round with Bledsoe on the roster.  Tom Brady was so damn impressive that 31 other NFL teams passed on him at least 5 times before being selected.  Pats fans would have laughed, but Jets fans would have devoted 50+ pages to a discussion on the waste of a 6th rd DP if we had selected Brady.  Just for the love of all that is holy let it play out with Hack before you start calling for heads.

3.  Sanchez was taken 5th overall in 2009, 2nd QB taken, and other than Stafford, not a single QB from that draft amounted to sh*t.  Geno was taken like #35, 2nd QB in the 2013 draft, and not one QB taken that year has amounted to anything either.  I say this looking back in time.  No one knows what will happen over the next 3 years, guess we'll see in retrospect.

3 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Who knows if it was the right decision at this point or not....but saying a 'smart' GM wouldn't have drafted him is nonsense, until you know how he turns out.

To me, the two most important attributes for an NFL QB, in order of importance, are having a potential NFL QB mind, and followed closely by the physical attributes to make every throw along with the height/body build etc....you cannot 'teach' these or will them to someone like you can with mechanics.

Attributes shmattributes. If he can't make the ball go where he wants it to go then it doesn't really matter what characteristics he might possess that would suggest that he ought to be able to do so. Maccagnan is probably dumb.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey not for nothing but someone tried warning you schlemiels that was gonna happen two years ago and i'm not gonna say his name but it rhymes with schmutgersschmetschman

I'm having a difficult time here. Even though it doesn't rhyme with "schmutgersschmetschman," this posting style is clearly Integrity28's.

Archived