Jets cut Dee Milliner from IR

JetNation

Dee Milliner JN

By Glenn Naughton

According to NFL insider Field Yates, Dee Milliner’s time with the Jets has finally come to a close.  Milliner and the Jets reportedly reached an injury settlement, allowing the team to cut ties with the former first rounder.

Jets brass reportedly tried to trade Milliner as the season opener approached, but weren’t able to find any takers for the oft-injured Alabama product.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
SCiAFi3eiJ4

Click here to read the full story...

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How do you get cut from injury reserve? Thats like getting fired on your day off from work.

The player wants to play this year.( feels will be healthy at some point) Dee Milliner is unrestricted Fa after this year, and needs to show something this year , if he wants to be playing next year in the NFL.

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

I was thinking beginning with Gholston.

So the Pre-Idzik Era during the Miami's Problem Now Administration. 

That started out with D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold and Darrelle Revis then hit a ghoulish stretch of Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson and Quinton Coples along with the exception to the rule of Wilkerson. So if you believe the first two Miami's Problem now drafts were based off of the work of a staff put together by the previous administration then...yes, it was likely one of the worst stretches of 1st round draft picks in the last decade or so.

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Has anyone done the math?  Has this team had more early round busts than most other teams or does it just feel that way?  

Gholston, Keller, Sanchez, Wilson, Coples, and now Milliner since 2008. Pryor had a pretty good year last year, but I'm starting to get tired of him getting hurt for a series once a game. 

Second round picks since 08: Ducasse, Hill, Geno, Amaro, Devin Smith. (excluding hack)

This team is built from free agency, old guys and no quarterback. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Gholston easily imo

Just now, section314 said:

Not even close.....Gholston. 

True.  I guess the fact he had those picks toward the end of his rookie year kind of seal the deal.  But man, remember how bad he was to start the year?  He literally looked like he never played corner before.  He had the worst footwork and technique l've ever seen and I'm not even being hyperbolic. 

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Has anyone done the math?  Has this team had more early round busts than most other teams or does it just feel that way?  

The Jets track record in the 1st is probably pretty average.  Some hits, some busts, some in between.

The 2nd round history, however, is ludicrous.  Appalling.  Mathematically impossible bad.  Even Matt Millen is laughing.

Archived