Jets cut Dee Milliner from IR

JetNation

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

On what planet? 

Jersey? ☺

OK It may be a bit of a stretch because Sanchez did see a lot of action and is still in the league(hanging by a thread) but purely looking at him as a QB picked at 5 that isnt a franchise player is certainly a high octane bust.

Plus its fair to say the second contract Tannenbum gave him magnified the picks negative effect on the franchise.

35 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Jersey? ☺

OK It may be a bit of a stretch because Sanchez did see a lot of action and is still in the league(hanging by a thread) but purely looking at him as a QB picked at 5 that isnt a franchise player is certainly a high octane bust.

Plus its fair to say the second contract Tannenbum gave him magnified the picks negative effect on the franchise.

That's all fair to think Sanchez was a bust because he didn't become a franchise QB, but in terms of top 10 drafted QB busts and busts of 1st round Jets picks, he's probably not even in the top 5 or 10 of either. They got 4 years out of him. Gholston and Milliner didn't even make it that long in the league as a whole.

42 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's all fair to think Sanchez was a bust because he didn't become a franchise QB, but in terms of top 10 drafted QB busts and busts of 1st round Jets picks, he's probably not even in the top 5 or 10 of either. They got 4 years out of him. Gholston and Milliner didn't even make it that long in the league as a whole.

When you consider they gave up  picks to move up to draft him and the high cost of the second contract given him byTannenbum he is easily one of the Jets worst 1st rounders ever.

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

VG. Outside of me and JetsBabe most everyone thought he was going to be great. A bunch of people were angry over Dee a cant stay healthy Milner. 

Meh, I remember those days on JI and the draft forum was strongly against Vernon.  I know I was.  

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

When you consider they gave up  picks to move up to draft him and the high cost of the second contract given him byTannenbum he is easily one of the Jets worst 1st rounders ever.

All they really gave up was a 2nd round pick to move up to take him, which given the Jets history would have been a wasted pick anyway. The second contract was on management. Mark Sanchez isn't even close to one of the worst 1st rounders ever. I can name at least 5 just in the past 10 years that have had worse careers.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, I remember those days on JI and the draft forum was strongly against Vernon.  I know I was.  

I also remember it this way... No middle ground on VG.  Not being a draftnik I had no dog in that fight.  I only formed opinions about Gholston after he arrived.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All they really gave up was a 2nd round pick to move up to take him, which given the Jets history would have been a wasted pick anyway. The second contract was on management. Mark Sanchez isn't even close to one of the worst 1st rounders ever. I can name at least 5 just in the past 10 years that have had worse careers.

They gave up 2 picks. A  low first and a second to get pick 5.

He may have been a better athlete than Miliner or VG but like I said his damaging effects are still being felt. VG and Miliner is they are gone and replaced by better players. The Sanchez pick is still hurting the team. If he was just average they wouldnt be stuck with sh*tzpatrick and Geno the last 2-3 years.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

They gave up 2 picks. A  low first and a second to get pick 5.

He may have been a better athlete than Miliner or VG but like I said his damaging effects are still being felt. VG and Miliner is they are gone and replaced by better players. The Sanchez pick is still hurting the team. If he was just average they wouldnt be stuck with sh*tzpatrick and Geno the last 2-3 years.

Right. All they gave up was a 2nd round pick to move from 17 to 5 (I think those are correct) and a few players that never amounted to anything.

I don't disagree but the player himself had a few solid seasons here and contributed to wins. Milliner had one month. VG had nothing. Also, if VG doesn't suck do the Jets have to draft 3 defensive lineman in the last six years in the first round? Don't think that didn't have a trickle. If Milliner doesn't suck do they have to pay Cro 8 million last year and Revis 17 million for 3 or 4? Or Buster freakin' Skrine 7.5? There are always ripples to first round picks not panning out.

23 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I am sure there are still some Jet fans who feel we should give him more time to prove himself.  Come out, come out wherever you are...

Id say give him more time. With Nnamdi Asomugha-er-Darrelle Revis washed up, we need help in the secondary.

Archived