Decker could have a serious shoulder injury. MRI coming shortly.

Sperm Edwards

The Jets are concerned about WR Eric Decker, who aggravated a shoulder injury in the game. He's expected to have an MRI. Decker didn't tell the training staff about it until yesterday, according to Todd Bowles. Decker didn't practice today and wasn't seen by the media. This is an injury to watch. Sounds like it could be serious.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fcimini_rich_m.Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what happens when your QB is throwing suicide passes. What you don't want to do as a receiver is put yourself in harms way with bad passes.

Just think about all those balls Sunday going all over the place. Our WRs are stretching out, getting hit in awkward positions, having to short arm passes that too out in front. Stretch back for passes that are behind them.

The one pass he threw to Robbie Anderson is a TD if it's not under thrown but because he had to wait on the ball he took an unnecessary hit with everyone catching up to him because of slowing down.

Fitz is bad for the health of the guys at WR.

Just now, Jetster said:

That's what happens when your QB is throwing suicide passes. What you don't want to do as a receiver is put yourself in harms way with bad passes.

Just think about all those balls Sunday going all over the place. Our WRs are stretching out, getting hit in awkward positions, having to short arm passes that too out in front. Stretch back for passes that are behind them.

The one pass he threw to Robbie Anderson is a TD if it's not under thrown but because he had to wait on the ball he took an unnecessary hit with everyone catching up to him because of slowing down.

Memories of O'Brien aiding in the destruction of Walker's and/or Toon's post-NFL quality of life. 

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yup.  There have been a few times already Fitz has almost killed Marshall and Decker.

Reap what you sow I suppose.  These two fools pulled for re-signing Fitz this offseason.

Just now, Mike135 said:

You don't really think Fitz can QB a team without Marshall and Decker saving his horrible throws do you?  If these guys are down for any amount of time, Fitz will get even worse (crazy to think that's even possible).

I agree. I just don't think Geno will do better. I don't want to see sacks taken in the end zone because he can't read a D or him dropping back 20-30 yards and taking a sack. I hope Geno comes in and is a totally different QB and he is our starter for the next 10 years .

I just don't get the obsession with Geno? I know Fitz is not the answer, by far. If Petty was healthy I would be banging the table to let him start. . I respect your opinion, but the CS is hell bent on sticking with Fitz and that is a concern when it comes to Geno. I don't think it's Bowles being stubborn. I am sure Gailey has a lot to say about it also. I am no Fitz fan boy and I Want the best player on the field but I can't sit behind a computer and profess to know who the best quarterback on the roster is that is up to the coaching staff, and that's where our faith lies with the QB situation.

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I Want the best player on the field but I can't sit behind a computer and profess to know who the best quarterback on the roster is that is up to the coaching staff, and that's where our faith lies with the QB situation.

If I thought the decisions were being made on ability, I'd agree.  But I happen to think the powers that be have chosen Ditz because of media/fan pressure.  And that sh!t is really annoying.

There is absolutely 0 chance paying 12mil for Ditz was the best option for this team.  The sooner it ends, the better.

One thing we know for sure, Geno has a

by far stronger arm then Fitz and can add a running threat that is not match by our present

QB possesses. If Chan can work that into the game plan and Geno stops with the bonehead decisions, he could save his starting career. Yet, that is a lot of ifs and I don't think the CS is ready for that yet.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You don't really think Fitz can QB a team without Marshall and Decker saving his horrible throws do you?  If these guys are down for any amount of time, Fitz will get even worse (crazy to think that's even possible).

Atleast Fitz has guys like Robbie Anderson, Charone Peake, Jalin Marshall, Quincy Enunwa and Seferian Jenkins. Thats obviously better than Chad Shilens, David Nelson and Jace Amaro since none of those guys are even on the roster today. 

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If I thought the decisions were being made on ability, I'd agree.  But I happen to think the powers that be have chosen Ditz because of media/fan pressure.  And that sh!t is really annoying.

There is absolutely 0 chance paying 12mil for Ditz was the best option for this team.  The sooner it ends, the better.

I definitely would have liked to see a different QB under center at the start of the season, I was on the Glennon bandwagon. The FO paid him 12 mil so I don't see him being pulled anytime soon, which I obviously do not agree with.  Lets see what happens this Sunday, hopefully Fitz can un-Fu*k himself.  If he hits 2 picks Geno better be warming up. I just have my reservations about Geno, hopefully I am wrong. 

6 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Geez Decker is hurt again, what a shock. It's not that any of this really matters anyway, I mean are we winning a SB with Decker?

Decker seems like he's always banged up. Oh well, with Marshall & his bum knee, Decker with his bum shoulder (meanwhile up in New England that little rat Edelman keeps getting up from another reception over the middle) Fitz is a dead man walking, or throwing if you like. Honestly, at this point I'm already disgusted with Bowles & the schemes these guys run, so other than the AFC east games this year, I could care less. I'm already resigned to the fact we'll be 7-9, 8-8 anyway. Just beat the Pats & force them into playing a road playoff game which they haven't done in years & I'll be happy. 

Find us a QB Macc & make being a Jet fan fun again.

58 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I definitely would have liked to see a different QB under center at the start of the season, I was on the Glennon bandwagon. The FO paid him 12 mil so I don't see him being pulled anytime soon, which I obviously do not agree with.  Lets see what happens this Sunday, hopefully Fitz can un-Fu*k himself.  If he hits 2 picks Geno better be warming up. I just have my reservations about Geno, hopefully I am wrong. 

Geno comes in, throws a pick.....

i don't see how they can bring in Petty even if/when he gets healthy. The Jets can't run the ball with no FB or TE. ASJ has to learn the playbook. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

So true. 

Im in the "fitz is our best option" camp, but so many of his passes are 15 yard completions  that should've been long gainers because fitz has our WRs reaching all over the damn place.

12 hours ago, Bcess said:

He won't miss any time. You girls are full of estrogen.

with Marshall out, Anderson will see some playing time.  I hope he gets some looks

You have no idea if he'll miss any time or not. an MRI on a Wednesday is not a good indication.

Marshall was playing the slot. Anderson plays the outside. If Decker is able to play, then you may see him in the slot with Anderson on the outside. What's more likely to happen is to see Enunwa more and probably an increase in snaps for the tight ends.

Archived