Seahawks Seahawks signed RB C.J. Spiller

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Were we just not interested, or is this yet another swing and whiff?

Odds he takes one to the house on a kick off?  

Well, maybe a punt.  Kick offs are stupid now. 

But if they werent stupid now, you know that sh*t would happen on the opening kick off. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're right. He should have totally paid himself less money. What, with him drawing up the offer and the contract and then submitting it to himself and then also signing off on it himself. So selfish.  

Yeah. Ok I was for not signing him at all once he started the hold out. Geno stares down WR's for less money. Furthermore, Geno can throw darts and throw long. The Jets really needed the deep passing game this season. 

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Yeah. Ok I was for not signing him at all once he started the hold out. Geno stares down WR's for less money. Furthermore, Geno can throw darts and throw long. The Jets really needed the deep passing game this season. 

Cool. Not sure what any of that has to do with the money but that's fine. 

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

You must have missed the part about signing him.

Again, Fitz signed what was offered to him. CJ Spiller, who is not a big deal that he didn't sign here as he's been a free agent for a bit now, not signing is not on Fitz because he isn't in charge of cap management. That's the point. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, Fitz signed what was offered to him. CJ Spiller, who is not a big deal that he didn't sign here as he's been a free agent for a bit now, not signing is not on Fitz because he isn't in charge of cap management. That's the point. 

We all know and understand that. The point is his signature for $12MM is killing the cap. He was the last to sign. His play at that rate is indefensible. Geno could do that same sh1t at a better rate.

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

We all know and understand that. The point is his signature for $12MM is killing the cap. He was the last to sign. His play at that rate is indefensible. Geno could do that same sh1t at a better rate.

You understand that? Then you know he only counts 7 million against the cap, they have about 2 million free and could have signed Spiller today if they wanted to. So you understand this argument and point of view is not valid, correct?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You understand that? Then you know he only counts 7 million against the cap, they have about 2 million free and could have signed Spiller today if they wanted to. So you understand this argument and point of view is not valid, correct?

Child please. At $7MM he is over paid

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Child please. At $7MM he is over paid

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Fact is it isn't an impediment to signing CJ Spiller or anyone else like that. Your position is false. We can argue his value all day, but that would be a Mac problem, not a Fitz one. He's hardly the most or only overpaid player on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Fact is it isn't an impediment to signing CJ Spiller or anyone else like that. Your position is false. We can argue his value all day, but that would be a Mac problem, not a Fitz one. He's hardly the most or only overpaid player on the roster. 

After Sunday, I wonder how he is still on the roster. Last cycle here bro. Thanks

34 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Agree with everything except statistically Geno's long ball is only just very slightly better than Sixpatrick's.  

• 4 weeks later...

The Seahawks cut Spiller again:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728367/article/seahawks-cut-veteran-running-back-cj-spiller

C.J. Spiller's stint in Seattle didn't last long.

The Seahawks released the running back Wednesday. Seattle re-signed fullback Will Tukuafu to take the vacant roster spot.

With rookie C.J. Prosise now fully healthy and available for pass-catching reps, Spiller became superfluous.

Spiller signed with the Seahawks prior to Week 4 after beginning the season with the New Orleans Saints. In two games with Seattle, Spiller rushed three times for nine yards and caught five passes for 43 yards. He was inactive in Week 7.

While he won't provide much in the run game, Spiller put out some decent pass-catching film in his limited work in Seattle and show he can still be elusive in space. The positives from a short stint in Seattle could give him a shot to latch on with anther team dealing with injuries.

Could now be a good time to scoop him up, especially considering that Forte and Powell are dealing with minor knee and turf toe injuries, respectively?

They need another RB, don't much about this Pope kid but you wonder how highly they really think of him considering the brought Spiller in for a look and he's barely seen any action.  I'd have to say while it's only been two years Macc's shown a tendency to now value the RB position much by bringing in veteran guys and not spending a draft pick on a RB which is why there's no way I see us taking Fournette in this draft if he's there.  

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

They need another RB, don't much about this Pope kid but you wonder how highly they really think of him considering the brought Spiller in for a look and he's barely seen any action.  I'd have to say while it's only been two years Macc's shown a tendency to now value the RB position much by bringing in veteran guys and not spending a draft pick on a RB which is why there's no way I see us taking Fournette in this draft if he's there.  

Well the Texans all time rusher was Arian Foster. A UDFA. 

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

He better be the #1 pick if available when we pick if our QB situation is solved. 

Archived