This Wentz stuff is insane

AFJF

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Add Derek Carr to the list of QBs that we liked but passed on because after getting burned by Sanchez, Woody will never take another offensive player in the first round.

And we can't develop a QB because we take projects way too early.

Petty couldn't identify the middle linebacker in a preseason game his rookie year and Hackenberg cant hit a building with his throws.  Yet, NE, Dal, Den, heck even Cle can run out a scrub and they play effectively. 

Since this franchise is too good to finish with the #1 pick we are just going to have to live with inferior QB play unless we want to pony up.  And pray that it's for the "right" guy.

Carr hurts.  He's that good.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Since this franchise is too good to finish with the #1 pick we are just going to have to live with inferior QB play unless we want to pony up.  And pray that it's for the "right" guy.

Hold your horses there, fella.

If you go by Vegas odds, the Jets are going to open the season 1-8 by which point we'd give the reins to Bryce Petty and then we'd have the pouting by Marshall, Revis, and Forte, and then the spontaneous human combustion of Geno, and then the fight over what Mangold said to Decker's wife, we could be looking at 1-15 and the #1 overall pick.

Anyone good coming out next year?

SAR I

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if tanking games was the way to get better in the NFL, Cleveland would be champions by now.  all being bad does is create a culture of losing

btw here's a prediction we are at peak wentz for 2016. Lane Johnson's suspension finally kicks in and that line will go from amazing to garbage for the next 10 weeks. 

Cleveland has a lot in common with us.  With the exception of 2016, they haven't been bad enough.  Last year, picked 12th.   No Winston or Mariota.  

2014, picked 4th.  Missed Bortles.

2013, they picked 6th in a draft where Manuel and Geno were the top guys.

2012: picked third so they missed Luck and StL got 3 #1s for RG3.  I guess they could have had Tannehill.

2011: started at 6 so no shot at Cam.

2010: picked 7 so no shot at Bradford.

In fact, the only difference between Cleveland and the Jets is that they take their terrible QBs at the bottom of the first (Weeden& Manziel) and we take our busts in the second (Clemens, Geno, and Hack).

I understand that Bradford raised concerns whether he was fragile.  Understandable.  I thought he was a good risk in that department because the injuries were not chronic in the sense that they were the same over and over.  As it stands now I don't think he's at any greater risk of injury going forward than anyone else playing Qb.

But beyond that there were people here (and on GG, but f them) who were actually down on his talent as well.  Well, I expect Sam is going to have a good year this year, so we'll see if he does.  Imo he's far better than Fitzpatrick.  I was pissed that the Jet FO did not even try to get him from Philly.

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I understand that Bradford raised concerns whether he was fragile.  Understandable.  I thought he was a good risk in that department because the injuries were not chronic in the sense that they were the same over and over.  As it stands now I don't think he's at any greater risk of injury going forward than anyone else playing Qb.

But beyond that there were people here (and on GG, but f them) who were actually down on his talent as well.  Well, I expect Sam is going to have a good year this year, so we'll see if he does.  Imo he's far better than Fitzpatrick.  I was pissed that the Jet FO did not even try to get him from Philly.

Would you trade a 1st and 4th rounder even now for him?

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

Cleveland has a lot in common with us.  With the exception of 2016, they haven't been bad enough.  Last year, picked 12th.   No Winston or Mariota.  

2012: picked third so they missed Luck and StL got 3 #1s for RG3.  I guess they could have had Tannehill.

In fact, the only difference between Cleveland and the Jets is that they take their terrible QBs at the bottom of the first (Weeden& Manziel) and we take our busts in the second (Clemens, Geno, and Hack).

I still think Mariota is going to be a bust. (not the type that is in Canton).

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Hold your horses there, fella.

If you go by Vegas odds, the Jets are going to open the season 1-8 by which point we'd give the reins to Bryce Petty and then we'd have the pouting by Marshall, Revis, and Forte, and then the spontaneous human combustion of Geno, and then the fight over what Mangold said to Decker's wife, we could be looking at 1-15 and the #1 overall pick.

Anyone good coming out next year?

SAR I

Michael Sam?  Oh wait .  You said next year.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

There was a lot of threads from Jet fans including myself that felt we needed to pick another QB to hedge our bets on Geno & let them fight it out in camp, may the best man win.

Just the thought that Bridgewater & Carr were both options is sickening. The Jets had so much faith in Geno they passed over him twice. Then thought he was a bargain I guess? Just crazy. 

Wilson, Wilkerson, Coples, Milliner, Richardson, Pryor, Williams, and Lee.  Our first rounders since Sanchez.  While I will admit that Wilk, Richardson, and Williams were probably the BAP, I don't buy that our philosophy is taking BAP.  Specifically Pryor.  I liked Pryor but there was no way in hell he rated anywhere near as high as as Cooks.

Our organization refuses to use first rounders on offense.  I don't know why but it's just too much of a coincidence that the last 7 drafts we've taken D with every 1st round, offense with every 2nd, and D with every 3rd except for one pick (Winters).

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still think Mariota is going to be a bust. (not the type that is in Canton).

Well it's going to be difficult to judge.  He is on a terrible team with slim pickings at WR.

If he would have Come here with our WRs and RBs - oh and about $10M more in cap space we could have added Vernon or a starter corner, there's no debating his chances of success would have been better.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This needs to be a poll. For the record I wouldn't. 

A poll for that kind of question would be worthless.  Too many would say "Since the FO did not do it, it's a bad idea."  But if the FO HAD done that, and you polled Jet fans, most would say it was a great idea.

Its no secret that I think Geno is hot garbage and if given the chance to prove it again this year, he will.  I would NEVER root against the Jets, but I have to say that I would get a kick out of him falling on his face one last time just to see how the Geno fanboys react around here. 

FWIW.....Wentz is a beast and no one could have predicted this level of success so early for him.  The Jets have been getting QB picks wrong for years so not seeing this kid's potential should surprise no one.

On 9/29/2016 at 2:57 PM, Pcola said:

I don't consider those bad though. Most of the the QBs they missed out on are mediocre/trash.

17 hours ago, King P said:

I don't consider those bad though. Most of the the QBs they missed out on are mediocre/trash.

As are the ones we supposedly missed out on.  Mariota sucks, Lynch does too.  Carr is ok and Bridgewater was ok before losing his entire leg. Peyton Manning was never coming here.

Really the only great qb we missed out on last few years was Jameis Winston and that's because spineless idiot Woody wouldn't tell Rex to tank in 2014.

21 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Its no secret that I think Geno is hot garbage and if given the chance to prove it again this year, he will.  I would NEVER root against the Jets, but I have to say that I would get a kick out of him falling on his face one last time just to see how the Geno fanboys react around here. 

FWIW.....Wentz is a beast and no one could have predicted this level of success so early for him.  The Jets have been getting QB picks wrong for years so not seeing this kid's potential should surprise no one.

I think Geno is horrible, but I could never root against the guy.

Watching the anti-Fitz guys celebrate last week was sad.  Couldn't allow myself to do it.

10 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

As are the ones we supposedly missed out on.  Mariota sucks, Lynch does too.  Carr is ok and Bridgewater was ok before losing his entire leg. Peyton Manning was never coming here.

Really the only great qb we missed out on last few years was Jameis Winston and that's because spineless idiot Woody wouldn't tell Rex to tank in 2014.

I agree.

Just think of life would be for the Jets if we sucked for Winston, none of these countless Geno/Fitz threads would never exist 4gk3CmS.png

18 hours ago, King P said:

I agree.

Just think of life would be for the Jets if we sucked for Winston, none of these countless Geno/Fitz threads would never exist 4gk3CmS.png

All we had to do was lose on purpose 1-2 games in 2014.  Instead people are debating nonsense 

Archived