Kamdon Update: His scans were clear, the cancer is gone!!!

Maxman

10/15/16: This thread was about Kamdon going on the field which he did before the Seahawks game. But more importantly, he scans came back clean. No sign of cancer!!!! Thank you everyone for the thoughts, donations and most importantly prayers!

Many of you have seen the threads a few months back about Kamdon. He is fighting cancer at the young age of 10 years old. He is a really tough kid and is battling cancer with such determination and class. Chemo and school, somehow he seems to always manage a smile.

We are really happy that Kamdon and his family will be our guests on Sunday. We got lower level tickets for his family and he is going on the field with his Dad, Brother and Sister before the game. It will be Kamdon's first game.

He is going to tailgate with us as well, so he will be at the first tailgate with the JetNation RV.

Here is Nick Folk's message to Kamdon:

And we interviewed Kamdon during training camp. What a great kid, can't wait to meet him and his whole family!

2 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

This should be shown to the Jets players.  We all always want the Jets to win every week but even more so for this kid to experience a win at his first Jets game.

Hopefully Nick Folk will tell them about it.  

We have some good things planned for Kamdon. They are staying at a hotel close by on Saturday so they can get to the stadium early on Sunday. Have some Jets gear for him, it should be a great day. I hope the Jets cooperate.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have some good things planned for Kamdon. They are staying at a hotel close by on Saturday so they can get to the stadium early on Sunday. Have some Jets gear for him, it should be a great day. I hope the Jets cooperate.

Great stuff, man.  Really wish I could be there.  Enjoy it.  What a game to remember. 

Lets beat those Seachickens for Kamdon! 

5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Good job Max. You are one awesome person. 

Hey I appreciate you saying that but life the past few years has just given us a totally different perspective. Lauren having chemo during two of the last three years has shown us the goodness in people. So many people, strangers...just caring for her and my whole family. Completely lifting us up on the absolute worst days of our life. So many strangers just dropping stuff off at our house. And it makes us so happy. 

So football tickets for Kamdon and company is nothing. Knowing that he will smile....that is pretty cool.  I hope to get a picture of him on the field. 

Although being on the field now is dangerous. We are like 2 more Fitzpatrick interceptions away from open try outs at the QB position. :)

Sorry this took so long. Here are some pictures, it was a great day. Kamdon and his family are amazing. We were able to get them on the field before the game. And Nick Folk's wife was unbelievably kind. She went to their seats at halftime and gave Kam some autographed merchandise. She got them into the players area when the game was over, they met a ton of players and got a bunch of autographs. She went way above and beyond for them, just amazing.

They told me they had an amazing weekend, they came in for the game on Saturday night and stayed close to the stadium. Kam was smiling everytime I saw him.

THE BEST NEWS OF ALL - I SPOKE TO KAMDON'S DAD, JASON, TODAY AND HE SAID THE PET SCAN CAME BACK SHOWING NO SIGNS OF CANCER.

KAMDON DID IT!!!!! SO PROUD OF HIM AND SO BLESSED TO GET TO KNOW THIS AMAZING FAMILY.

Kamdon1.jpg

Kamdon2.jpg

Kamdon3.jpg

Kamdon4.jpg

Kamdon5.jpg

Unreal.  Just absolutely amazing.  I'd be lying if I told you I wasnt a little teary eyed reading that news because I absolutely love stories about kicking cancers ass.  And this tough kid DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO KAMDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must have been an absolutely amazing day for him and his family.

Kudos to you, Phil.  You're a good sh*t.  Thanks for sharing the news and posting the pictures.  He looked like he was having the time of his life.  The Pennington selfie is pretty awesome.  

p.s. - your RV is cool too

On 10/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, Fibonacci said:

Max

If there is a heaven, I am sure you will be there. You are a great person. 

Thank you. I appreciate that and there is a Heaven. But I am still a work in progress. :)

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Unreal.  Just absolutely amazing.  I'd be lying if I told you I wasnt a little teary eyed reading that news because I absolutely love stories about kicking cancers ass.  And this tough kid DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO KAMDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must have been an absolutely amazing day for him and his family.

Kudos to you, Phil.  You're a good sh*t.  Thanks for sharing the news and posting the pictures.  He looked like he was having the time of his life.  The Pennington selfie is pretty awesome.  

p.s. - your RV is cool too

Thank you. The day was amazing. I wasn't going to post this, but my favorite part of the day......

I am standing next to Kam, then the Seahawks bus pulls in. He looks at me and says, "Can I flip them off?"  I just lauged and said check with your Dad on that one. I wanted to say hells to the yeah you can. That's what we are here for! :)

Great kid and a great family.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:53 AM, Maxman said:

THE BEST NEWS OF ALL - I SPOKE TO KAMDON'S DAD, JASON, TODAY AND HE SAID THE PET SCAN CAME BACK SHOWING NO SIGNS OF CANCER.

Just incredible.

There's not enough good things to say about this... the day at the game, Kamdon's resiliency... all of it. So great!

Archived