Last Jets Pick 6

kevinc855

I asked my wife out of curiosity when our last pick 6 and both of us, diehards who watch it all, couldn't remember. Cimini today just wrote in his blog the last time was October 20th, 2013 when Antonio Allen picked off Brady and took it to the house. That is the longest draught in the NFL, even the SAINTS have had one.

That's just pathetic and alarming.

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I asked my wife out of curiosity when our last pick 6 and both of us, diehards who watch it all, couldn't remember. Cimini today just wrote in his blog the last time was October 20th, 2013 when Antonio Allen picked off Brady and took it to the house. That is the longest draught in the NFL, even the SAINTS have had one.

I just looked it up, and that was also the last Jets defensive TD overall. I think we've scored one or two safeties in that time, but no INT or fumble returns.

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If it makes you feel any better, we've had plenty go against us. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I couldn't tell you the last time the defense scored any points on any play. 

Safety, pick 6, fumble for a TD....etc. Jets defenses do not put points on the board. The more successful teams in the league usually score in all three phases of the game

I couldn't tell you the last time the defense scored any points on any play. 
Safety, pick 6, fumble for a TD....etc. Jets defenses do not put points on the board. The more successful teams in the league usually score in all three phases of the game

And that is exactly why the Jets defense is vastly over rated.

Jet fans love to cite YPG as the reason they think the Jets have a top 5, elite defense.

Elite defenses can force 3 and outs (especially in crunch time), create turnovers and score with big plays.

When was the last time the Jets elite defense did any of those?

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jet fans love to cite YPG as the reason they think the Jets have a top 5, elite defense.

Elite defenses can force 3 and outs (especially in crunch time), create turnovers and score with big plays.

probably 2010 or 2011 though they melted late in 2011.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

We often associate a very good dline with a great defense, or 6 years ago an elite secondary with a great defense. We never really had both at the same time. 

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

I just looked it up, and that was also the last Jets defensive TD overall. I think we've scored one or two safeties in that time, but no INT or fumble returns.

Our last fumble return was by Mo in 2012 against Seattle.  Just pathetic.  We have already given up 2 defensive scores and 1 ST score in hte last two weeks, and haven't gotten one for ourselves in nearly 3 years.  Time to step it up.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I have the Vikings D in fantasy(cool story) and their D/ST's have like 3 TD's already this year. 

Remember when the Jets had like a 10 year run of returning a least one kick offs for a TD's in a season?

When was the last time that happened?  Brad Smith?

Just now, JiF said:

Remember when the Jets had like a 10 year run of returning kick offs for TD's?

When was the last time that happened?  Brad Smith?

I believe Kerley returned a punt for a TD against the Bills Week 1 2011. I cant remember any others since then.

So depressing....with all the pick-6's we've had to live through, you kinda forget it doesn't happen several times a year to every single team.  Would love to know how many pick-6's the Jets have had over the last ten years as opposed to how many they've allowed.

6 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Stop putting all Jets fans in the same category you idiot. There's plenty of fans that complain about our defense.  You spend your life on this board, do you ever read any of the posts before you troll, or do you  go on troll mode from the moment you get out of bed? 

48 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Stop putting all Jets fans in the same category you idiot. There's plenty of fans that complain about our defense.  You spend your life on this board, do you ever read any of the posts before you troll, or do you  go on troll mode from the moment you get out of bed? 

hate to say it, but nothing he said is incorrect. He has P**s in his screen name which automatically makes him hated here, but his point there was right on

12 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Please provide some stats to back up that delusional, homeristic claim.

Jets have one of the 3 worst defenses in the NFL this year.

The Jets are currently ranked #12 in total defense and are playing a murderers row schedule the first 6 weeks. After those games the Jets will finish top 10 or top 5 where they have been for the last decade or so (give or take a few years).

Please provide ANYTHING to back up your Patriots fan claim that the Jets are a bottom 3 defense this year.

48 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are currently ranked #12 in total defense and are playing a murderers row schedule the first 6 weeks. After those games the Jets will finish top 10 or top 5 where they have been for the last decade or so (give or take a few years).

Please provide ANYTHING to back up your Patriots fan claim that the Jets are a bottom 3 defense this year.

Why do you waste your breath on a loser who posts on our board? I look at him as a pathetic figure not someone I have to convince of anything.  I don't even consider him a true Pats fan, because he is not.

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jets dont have the speed to get to the ball.  Our def is traditionally big, lumbering guys who stop the run but can do little else.  That is changing w/ the likes of darren lee etc.. But it will take a few years to get the speed guys in place.

I agree with you. We have a nice defense, consider that with 8 turnovers in the Chiefs game, the defense only gave up 10 points. It has many strong atributes, but to date, it has not caused many turnovers or points.  Hopefully it will moving forward. 

Jets defense is in the bottom half of the NFL.

Stop kidding yourself that they are good.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame/position/defense

On 9/29/2016 at 1:13 PM, kevinc855 said:

WOW!  

Great play right there. Who knew that would be the last one for just about 3 years running.

Archived