Game Picks: 'Hawks-Jets

UnitedWhofans

I was fully prepared to pick the Jets in this game. They're home, playing a West Coast team at 1pm. They need this win, so they should be fully motivated and the other team has a banged up OL with a banged up QB.

Then the injuries came.

Decker will probably be out and  both Marshalls are banged up. Rookie WRs against this Seattle secondary is going to be a problem. This will help them learn, but not to win. Fitz will not have as bad a day against KC, but I dont like his chances. And Revis is banged up too.

Seattle- 16

Jets-9

I'll give us a 17-14 W. Bowles this time I think will crack down on any recklessness from the offense. He did mention not only anger about the execution but also the game plan.  And I think that Fitz is smart enough to be humbled by one of the worst Qb performances in history. His MO before that game was that he was a smart Qb who could run our offense efficiently. And Bowles has not given him a complete vote of confidence. He said that Fitz is the starter "now." And something to the effect that we'll see how it goes. So I look at a conservative game plan. I'd like to see both Rbs in the mix more and a lot of passes to both Forte and Bilal. Last week both Decker and Marshall were injured and maybe still are and that might have had some bearing on what we saw on the field. Rollouts and more Fitz using his legs which has been very successful in the past. Long drives and scores even if you have to settle for 3. I think our D can match their D. 

If Jets score 6 or 9 like some of you say, believe me Seahawks will put up significant points. One thing is sure. Jets will not play as bad as last week. Seahawks will not play as good as like last week. They will meet somewhere in the middle. I expect 7 point differential either way no matter who wins. My prediction :

Seahawks : 23

Jets : 16

Seattle 34 

Jets 6

There's zero chance Fitz has a good day against Seattle's secondary and with Decker most likely out. Wilson is banged up, but a banged up Wilson is still better than Alex f'n Smith. Spot the Seahawks a score on defense, let them win the turnover battle, and this game could get ugly quick. Glad it's my first home game this season! At least it's not supposed to rain.. oh wait.

Just now, shuler82 said:

Seattle 34 

Jets 6

There's zero chance Fitz has a good day against Seattle's secondary and with Decker most likely out. Wilson is banged up, but a banged up Wilson is still better than Alex f'n Smith. Spot the Seahawks a score on defense, let them win the turnover battle, and this game could get ugly quick. Glad it's my first home game this season! At least it's not supposed to rain.. oh wait.

Remember this team scored 13 points against Miami.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Remember this team scored 13 points against Miami.

Don't attempt to give me hope. I'll have a much better time going into the stadium with no expectations. It's those games when you walk in thinking it could be a W where I end up drinking 12 beers and my wife has to drive me home, as I curl up in the backseat in the fetal position

Just now, shuler82 said:

Don't attempt to give me hope. I'll have a much better time going into the stadium with no expectations. It's those games when you walk in thinking it could be a W where I end up drinking 12 beers and my wife has to drive me home, as I curl up in the backseat in the fetal position

I picked Seattle to win, but it's not going to be a blow out.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No idea how you guys think we can't make two field goals.  One field goal?  Seriously?  We are better than that.  One field goal better. 

Did you even watch Nick Folk in the first game?

I think if there is a way to score negative points, the Jets will figure it out.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No idea how you guys think we can't make two field goals.  One field goal?  Seriously?  We are better than that.  One field goal better. 

I think we attempt 3 FG's on the day.

The first one will be on the first drive of the game.  We'll have a nice 65 yard drive, mixed with runs and passes.  It will look somewhat easy and everyone will be all like...damn, that was easy, maybe we got this.

The second one will be attempted at the end of the 1st half.  And it will either be a rushed attempt due to poor clock management or bad substitutions.  Or a 50 yard attempt will be a 55 yard attempt due to a false start.  Either way, it will be missed.

The final attempt will be when the Jets are down 6-3 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  It will be after a nice clock eating drive and be around a 40 yard attempt.  It will be blocked.

They proceed to score and put the nail in the coffin. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think we attempt 3 FG's on the day.

The first one will be on the first drive of the game.  We'll have a nice 65 yard drive, mixed with runs and passes.  It will look somewhat easy and everyone will be all like...damn, that was easy, maybe we got this.

The second one will be attempted at the end of the 1st half.  And it will either be a rushed attempt due to poor clock management or bad substitutions.  Or a 50 yard attempt will be a 55 yard attempt due to a false start.  Either way, it will be missed.

The final attempt will be when the Jets are down 6-3 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  It will be after a nice clock eating drive and be around a 40 yard attempt.  It will be blocked.

They proceed to score and put the nail in the coffin. 

You are way to good at this.  LOL

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

How do you hide the smell of all the dead bodies in your basement? 

Never use your own basement. Use a random pattern to determine where to store these bodies. Put one body somewhere on your block though: perhaps in the basement of an elderly neighbor who is no longer able to use stairs. The police will be looking for groupings, and they'll seek to find an equidistant point in the middle of this grouping to begin their canvassing. Putting the body in your neighbor's basement throws them way off. Visit a nearby town roughly 25-30 minutes away, plant the hair of a previous victim in the mouth of the next. Have some fun with it. The real goal is to mock the pseudoscience of forensics. So-called experts are using their intellects to literally and immediately save lives. There is no sophistry in their pursuit as with academics or historians. No time for it. You beat them, you are among the smartest people in the world. Not one person walking through Cambridge with an Oxford degree can claim they're smarter than you. This is the only true joy in this world.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I was fully prepared to pick the Jets in this game. They're home, playing a West Coast team at 1pm. They need this win, so they should be fully motivated and the other team has a banged up OL with a banged up QB.

Then the injuries came.

Decker will probably be out and  both Marshalls are banged up. Rookie WRs against this Seattle secondary is going to be a problem. This will help them learn, but not to win. Fitz will not have as bad a day against KC, but I dont like his chances. And Revis is banged up too.

Seattle- 16

Jets-9

I think there's a good chance Decker will play. Marshall will def. play and so will Revis. J.Marshall- well, isn't he the guy everyone was ready to cut/bench b/c of the fumbles. Now him being out is a problem???...lol

Injuries are no excuse for this game. Lots of teams are 'banged up'. Seattle being one of them. The Jets are healthy for the most part. And if you're going to play, you're healthy enough. So I am still optimistic that he Jets will pull this one out. And YES, they WILL get in the endzone and the WILL play better than they did vs. KC. 

Jets 24-Hawks 17  

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Never use your own basement. Use a random pattern to determine where to store these bodies. Put one body somewhere on your block though: perhaps in the basement of an elderly neighbor who is no longer able to use stairs. The police will be looking for groupings, and they'll seek to find an equidistant point in the middle of this grouping to begin their canvassing. Putting the body in your neighbor's basement throws them way off. Visit a nearby town roughly 25-30 minutes away, plant the hair of a previous victim in the mouth of the next. Have some fun with it. The real goal is to mock the pseudoscience of forensics. So-called experts are using their intellects to literally and immediately save lives. There is no sophistry in their pursuit as with academics or historians. No time for it. You beat them, you are among the smartest people in the world. Not one person walking through Cambridge with an Oxford degree can claim they're smarter than you. This is the only true joy in this world.

I'm adding procedural forensic dramas to my list of things contributing to the fall of man. 

Archived